Should Legion have been included in the X-Men Cinematic Universe?

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Edited By The Impersonator
No Caption Provided

Should Legion have been included in the X-Men Cinematic Universe?

When I heard Legion was getting his own TV series, I was hoping that he would become part of the X-Men movie universe. However, that’s not the case. The reports have confirmed that Legion will take place in a parallel universe.

Now, I’m not sure how this is going to work. But for a powerful mutant, who is the son of the most powerful telepath on the planet, you would think that any of the X-Men characters or their alternate selves will appear on the show.

Well, here’s the question. Will any of the X-Men appear on Legion? How can you have a world without the X-Men when you have mutants secretly running around, and being aware by the government, and not by human society? That’s kind of hard to imagine (Unless the X-Men weren’t formed in this universe, then it makes sense). And is too hard to include Legion in the altered timeline, given the fact that the events of Days of Future Past have drastically changed the future, and thus created the alternate timeline, which humans are aware of mutants?

In the case of Legion, it’s entirely different. Why? Because every human thinks he’s a crazy, normal human being. Even humans on the outside world for those who knew him, thinks he’s crazy. But no, Legion is a mutant with so many personalities running around his head, each of them displaying a different power. In fact, there are very real, which makes Legion the most powerful mutant on the planet.

Speaking about powers, there’s a chance that one of Legion’s core personalities has the ability to cross multiple dimensions. And here’s what I’m thinking. Yes, you have guessed it...a potential crossover into the X-Men movie universe.

We don’t know if this is going to happen. But hey, we’re talking about Legion here. Right? Anything is possible. Legion can step into the movie universe at any given point in time, if that core personality allows him to.

Here’s another question. Who is Legion’s father in this universe if not Charles Xavier? Well, it could be someone original, and the mother will be the same from the comics. Again, we still don’t know the details.

It would have been better if Legion was introduced into the altered timeline of the X-Men movie universe, since the events of Days of Future Past and Apocalypse occurred. Maybe, somewhere along the line, Charles Xavier has met Gabrielle Haller in life. Then he left her because he couldn’t control Legion’s dangerous powers.

This is not to say that Legion will be a bad show, just because he's not included in the X-Men Cinematic Universe. It all depends on the story, and how good it will be. Judging by the trailer, it looks interesting to see how Legion comes to find out what he really is and what is happening to him, and if there is any chance that we’ll be seeing other mutants like him besides his multiple personalities.

Anyways, what do you think? Should Legion have been included in the X-Men Cinematic Universe?

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Ik certain stories and characters would be too vast and complex for a few movies to explain. But I hope they link the show and movies together besides a reference or two

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Asgaard

When I heard Legion was getting his own TV series, I was hoping that he would become part of the X-Men movie universe. However, that’s not the case. The reports have confirmed that Legion will take place in a parallel universe.

Didn't Singer said in the last reports that was indeed part of the FoX-Men-verse?

“part of the X-Men universe, but when you watched it, you wouldn’t have to label it, it could exist completely on its own.”

“will relate to future X-Men movies” with a “really ambitious and fun and very unique storyline.” link

It seems now accepted by the media that this series and the other one in development by Matt Nix that first was going to be about the Hellfire Club but now will be set in the present and about family problems with mutation will be part of the movies universe...

Singer later revealed that Legion and the upcoming X-Men TV series, would connect to future X-Men films. link