Should Comic Vine Have A Block Feature?

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

@albusan: Flagged for hostility and rudeness. I don't think we've ever even talked.

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#252  Edited By albusan
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@albusan: Like I said to you and the mods just now when I PM'd them - "I don't think we've ever even talked.

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes I would like this. There are a few users (Mainly just one) who seem to always have something to say to me when I post a comment, and I have completely ignored this person on multiple occasions but it doesn't seem to work, so yeah block option would be cool.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Da fuq just happend XD

Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness: I think a perfect example of why we need a blocking system is what just happened.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@transformers1024: we need to wait for them to fix the polls and the 5 minute wait for our avatars to change thing before we ask for more features doe

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say NO.

This is a forum site with a lot of debating. When people are losing a debate or something they'll probably just tend to block someone to get out of it or something instead of resolving the debate or conflict or whatever's going on. I feel like we don't need to shelter anyone. This is the internet. Blocking people just seems like a pathetic cop out to me.

You can't block people in real life.

I no my opinion isn't the popular one, but I just don't think any site needs to baby people.

so what about cyber-bullying? or stalking?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#260 vance_astro  Moderator

@albusan said:

@transformers1024: Yes I want to block your annoying a$$ bad, when you find out when we get it block me.

I have NO IDEA why you thought this was ok...

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro: It was handled in a PM with Renchamp. Sorry for the drama.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#263 vance_astro  Moderator
TheComedian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@thecomedian_ said:

I say NO.

This is a forum site with a lot of debating. When people are losing a debate or something they'll probably just tend to block someone to get out of it or something instead of resolving the debate or conflict or whatever's going on. I feel like we don't need to shelter anyone. This is the internet. Blocking people just seems like a pathetic cop out to me.

I no my opinion isn't the popular one, but I just don't think any site needs to baby people.

I think we need to teach people to deal with issues instead of running from them. We as a society have become too sheltered. In my opinion if you have problem with something you deal with it. If someone is doing something to you, you deal with it. If someone is stalking you, you deal with it yourself and you make know, without a doubt, you were the wrong person to mess with. You find a way.

We need to learn to be our own heroes and saviors.

And I'm not just talking about this website, or the internet, I mean in all aspects of life.

It's just what I think.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265  Edited By modernww2fare

@thecomedian_ said:

@modernww2fare said:

@thecomedian_ said:

I say NO.

I think we need to teach people to deal with issues instead of running from them. We as a society have become too sheltered. In my opinion if you have problem with something you deal with it. If someone is doing something to you, you deal with it. If someone is stalking you, you deal with it yourself and you make know, without a doubt, you were the wrong person to mess with. You find a way.

And I'm not just talking about this website, or the internet, I mean in all aspects of life.

It's just what I think.

But you see, blocking would be an effect, less time-consuming method of dealing with these problems rather than having to constantly contact the mods. Real life bullying and cyber bullying are very different to approach. When someone harasses you frequently or stalks you on a social media site, what's a better option than simply erasing them from your life by blocking them?

TheComedian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecomedian_ said:

@modernww2fare said:

@thecomedian_ said:

I say NO.

It's just what I think.

But you see, blocking would be an effect, less time-consuming method of dealing with these problems rather than having to constantly contact the mods. Real life bullying and cyber bullying are very different to approach. When someone harasses you frequently or stalks you on a social media site, what's a better option than simply erasing them from your life by blocking them?

Erasing them from existence.

But like I said, you deal with it yourself. That is what I do and that would be my advice to anyone else. Find a way to deal with it.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267  Edited By NeonGameWave

I`m 50/50.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecomedian_: and blocking is one of those ways, my friend. No help from mods, just a do-it-yourself option

TheComedian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@modernww2fare: Still running though. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree, haha.

Avatar image for super_saiyan_3_gohan
Super_Saiyan_3_Gohan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think we should have a block feature. There are tons of people on this site I'd love to block.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

I love Blocks