SDCC 16 WB Animation Announces JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK, BATMAN AND HARLEY QUINN, And THE JUDAS CONTRACT

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By vinomonster

Batman: The Killing Joke made its premiere at this year's San Diego Comic-Con, and with fans raving about the Alan Moore adaptation; the film is set to be a surefire hit. Of course, with all the buzz surrounding the animated feature, Warner Bros. Animation took the opportunity to officially announce the next three films set to be released after The Killing Joke.

It was revealed back in June that a Justice League Dark animated film was in development. Now, Warner Bros. Animation has officially announced that Justice League Dark will be the next film to be released while confirming John Constantine and Swamp Thing as part of the film's roster of heroes.

After JL: Dark, the next animated feature will be an adaptation of Marv Wolfman and George Pérez's Teen Titans: The Judas Contract. This wouldn't be the first attempt at making the animated film. Back in 2006, Wolfman and Pérez were working on developing the film, but was later cancelled. Well, it's back on, and this time it's official. The film will most likely be a continuation of the recently released Justice League vs. Teen Titans, where the young Titan Terra made her debut in a mid-credits scene.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/comics/dc_comics/sdcc-16-wb-animation-announces-justice-league-dark-batman-and-a143755

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/sdcc-justice-league-dark-animated-film-confirmed-teen-titans-more-announced

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Mfundroid

I can't believe that TT: The Judas Contract is a sequel to JL vs TT. I say this because we need a break from Damian. Darn it!

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

I can't believe that TT: Judas Contract is a sequel to JL vs TT. I say this because we need a break from Damian. Darn it!

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

I can't believe that TT: The Judas Contract is a sequel to JL vs TT. I say this because we need a break from Damian. Darn it!

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Another Batman movie tho. C'mon man

Yeah, but it's by Bruce Timm and will be about both Bats and Harley Quinn so it sounds like it could be pretty good.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything sounds great.

No Caption Provided
Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah It sounds pretty awesome.

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So this mean jl dark is not main continuity.

Avatar image for thecapeddetective
TheCapedDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Very excited.

TheSpoiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

while confirming John Constantine

No Caption Provided

You now have my interest.

It'd be cool if they get Matt Ryan to voice him.

blackagar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't mind if his animated showings were not so stupid.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait. Isn't Deathstroke dead in this continuity?? JL vs TT takes place in the same continuity as "Son of Batman", right??

Also, one of the best parts of the Judas Contract was Robins ascension to the Nightwing identity. He already has been Nightwing for quite some time.

What's the point of adapting this unless it's in its own continuity??

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super excited for Justice League: Dark. I haven't seen an animated Swamp Thing since this.

Loading Video...

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

Batman and Harley Quinn could be enjoyable, assuming Bruce Timm have Bruce bang Harley. I'll try to be optimistic about Justice League Dark.

Can't bring myself to care about Judas Contract after how JL vs TT turned out.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Damian Wayne

Making people whine since 2006

Wait. Isn't Deathstroke dead in this continuity?? JL vs TT takes place in the same continuity as "Son of Batman", right??

Also, one of the best parts of the Judas Contract was Robins ascension to the Nightwing identity. He already has been Nightwing for quite some time.

What's the point of adapting this unless it's in its own continuity??

It's not an adaptation,they just borrow certain ideas from stories. Same thing as AOU, Civil War or the Throne of Atlantis animated movie.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every single movie from this New 52 animated continuity has been sorta bad. I hope they just drop the Damianverse.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@jonez_ said:

Every single movie from this New 52 animated continuity has been sorta bad. I hope they just drop the Damianverse.

It's not New-52 though, they just use the designs, SOB, JL vs TT, Bad Blood and the upcoming Judas Contract will not be based on any New-52 story.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez_ said:

It's not New-52 though, they just use the designs, SOB, JL vs TT, Bad Blood and the upcoming Judas Contract will not be based on any New-52 story.

Justice League War set the pace with not only their characters aesthetically resembling their New 52 counterparts, but they were also characterized that way. And they've been the same characters ever since. So whether a New 52 story is being adapted or not, it's a New 52 animated continuity in my eyes.

Besides- no matter what the Damianverse is called, it's still poop so far.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RustyRoy

Damian Wayne

Making people whine since 2006

So true lol