Rumor: Fox Developing A Live-Action X-MEN TV Series

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

With Fox apparently keen on expanding the X-Men universe with movies like Deadpool and X-Force, it should come as no surprise to learn that they are now setting their sights on the small screen with a live-action series reportedly in development. Read on for details!

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=108783

Your thoughts if this is true? Who would you want to be in the show?

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

I'd prefer it on the big screen.

Leif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Who said that Fox can make a TV Series with the X-Men characters?

As far as i know they have a license to make movies with the X-Men characters, they don't own the rights of the characters, Sony also has a license to make Spider-Man movies, but marvel animation made the Ultimate Spider Man Tv series.

I could be wrong!

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rogueshadow  Moderator

I think they should reboot the X-Men movie franchise after apocalypse/Wolverine.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leif said:

Who said that Fox can make a TV Series with the X-Men characters?

As far as i know they have a license to make movies with the X-Men characters, they don't own the rights of the characters, Sony also has a license to make Spider-Man movies, but marvel animation made the Ultimate Spider Man Tv series.

I could be wrong!

I think the animation rights are different from the live action rights. So Fox probably couldn't do an animated show, and Marvel probably cant do a live action show.

I think they should reboot the X-Men movie franchise after apocalypse/Wolverine.

Why? besides didn't DoFP kind of reboot it already?

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

....Wow, I literally speculated on this just yesterday. If it's true that's super perfect, X-Men in many many ways lend themselves well to a TV series.

Leif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matthewparker: skip to min 26:00

Loading Video...

Best legal description of this license/rights topic that i found in the internet!

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@matthewparker: Dofp wasn't a reboot, more of a recalibration of the Singerverse. Most of the original X-Men cast are basically too old at this point and the First Class series are getting closer and closer to the original series in terms of character ages. Apocalypse's Xavier is supposed to be around 17 years before Patrick Stewart Xavier. I think they should just reboot in 2020. I also think they missed an opportunity to move the timeline entirely and push the First-Class up to the modern day due to the paradoxes causing lots of timey wimey convergence issues. That said the movie was awesome, so no complaints.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

...I have mixed feelings

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

If they keep the song and re-film this in Live action, I'm completely sold.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long isnt like Gotham i have no problem with this.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MatthewParker

@leif said:

@matthewparker: skip to min 26:00

Loading Video...

Best legal description of this license/rights topic that i found in the internet!

Cool thanks for posting that. My question now is does Sony/Fox have the license to do a live action FF/X-Men/Spider-Man TV Show?

Leif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matthewparker: Maybe in the next New York comic con, someone can ask that to Kevin Feige?

I really don't know the exact answer to that, and in my opinion the source of this news Bleeding Cool also doesn't know the right answer to your question.

If the source of this news was variety or the Hollywood reporter, i would give it more credit!

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

If they are actually going through with this, I think they should go with one of the lesser-known teams, such as New Mutants, X-Factor, Excalibur, or even X-Statix. I say they should do X-Factor.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

I'm cautiously optismistic about this because we don't know who's going to be in this series or what this series is all about, but I hope that they used the lesser known characters in the X-Men movie universe like X-Factor in this show. Or maybe, this would be an opportunity to better develop the X-Men characters that didn't play major roles in the films like Kitty Pryde, Colossus, Nightcrawler and Gambit.