Resistance is Futile?

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JohnnyZ256

Assuming a Borg Drone had safe access to each of the following, would they be capable of being assimilated?

A) Thing

B) Colossus

C) Superman

D) Hulk

E) Darkseid

F) Mr. Mxy

G) Thanos

H) Megatron

I) Hellboy

J) He-Man

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

A)Maybe

B)Maybe

C)No

D) No

E)Hell No

F) Not a chance

G)Again Hell No

H) Maybe

I) Doubt it

J) No

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JohnnyZ256

@joshmightbe:

Reasoning?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By joshmightbe

@JohnnyZ256: Because none of these people would be assimilated without a fight and the Borg have never done anything to suggest they could force assimilation on the ones I said a definite no to, In fact Darkseid and Thanos would probably end up bending them to their will and Mxy can do what ever he wants, make them disappear, explode, turn into cheese sandwiches, etc, etc, etc. Superman, Hulk and He-Man would just annihilate them. Hellboy may get turned but its also highly possible in the process they'd let out his full blown demon lord side in which case he'd just kill all of them. Megatron it depends whether they can fully assimilate a non biological lifeform, Colossus and Thing may be assimilated but it wouldn't be easy.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JohnnyZ256

@joshmightbe:

What I meant was that the Borg Drone was safe from attack. It could try to inject its nanoprobes into each individual's body.

What I wanted to know is if the beings in the list would either have skin that was impossible to penetrate by the nanoprobes, or physiologies/immune systems that would prevent their being assimilated. For example, in the Star Trek universe, Species 8472 is simply incapable of being assimilated. Their immune system is too powerful.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By joshmightbe

@JohnnyZ256: I doubt they'd have the capability to even penetrate the Skin of Superman and Hulk's healing ability would probably instantly eliminate the nanoprobes. Darkseid and Thanos are probably the same deal as Superman, as for Mxy, there's no such thing as safety from him because he's one of the most powerful reality warpers in comics history. They'd have an easier time trying to assimilate Galactus, which also ain't happening.

spiderpool94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By spiderpool94

Can't pierce skin of Thing or Superman. Colossus maybe if he was in flesh form. Hulk is too wild. Thanos too powerful as is Darkseid, Hellboy is a demon and probably has a magical resistance to it. Don't know about others

PurpleCandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By PurpleCandy

@joshmightbe said:

A)Maybe

B)Maybe

C)No

D) No

E)Hell No

F) Not a chance

G)Again Hell No

H) Maybe

I) Doubt it

J) No

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By joshmightbe

@spiderpool94: Mxy is about as powerful as the Beyonder

spiderpool94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By spiderpool94

Tbh if the Borg could assimilate entities like Thanos or Darkseid they'd have assimilated Q, which they haven't

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@PurpleCandy said:

@joshmightbe said:

A)Maybe

B)Maybe

C)No

D) No

E)Hell No

F) Not a chance

G)Again Hell No

H) Maybe

I) Doubt it

J) No

JohnnyZ258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JohnnyZ258

This is one of my posts so I guess I'll respond. I think some of you are still missing the point of this thread. The Borg Drone is allowed to attempt to inject the nanoprobes into the individuals listed. They cannot teleport away, or destroy the Borg, or put up a forcefield, etc. 

What can save the individuals is A) the individual's skin cannot be penetrated at all by the Borg nanoprobes; or B) the individual's immune system/physiology prevents their being assimilated even if the nanoprobes enter their body. That's it. 

Even Mr. Mxy cannot teleport away; he is kept in place by a superior being. 

And I disagree with the poster who suggested that Q is on the same level as Darkseid and Thanos.
PurpleCandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PurpleCandy

@DarkKnightDetective said:

@PurpleCandy said:

@joshmightbe said:

A)Maybe

B)Maybe

C)No

D) No

E)Hell No

F) Not a chance

G)Again Hell No

H) Maybe

I) Doubt it

J) No

@JohnnyZ256:

Also if a fictional unrealistic army can't beat those guys, what makes anyone think the army we have can beat em

Avatar image for 7am_waking_up_in_the_morning
7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes on all.

@joshmightbe said:

@spiderpool94: Mxy is about as powerful as the Beyonder

Not quite.

• Mxy is 5th Dimensional
  • Beyonder is above 16th dimensional
dtm1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By dtm1980

@JohnnyZ256:

A.) Thing - No - I'd say the nanoprobes would be confused by the fact he's made of rock lol

B.) Collossus - Yes - just to make him scary

C.) Superman - Yes - just because I remember the super computer in Superman 3 trying to turn him into a robot and the Borg aren't amateurs. Even though that was just a silly film. Speaking of which... how screwed up would a Borg version of Richard Pryor be?!! Would he still have his sense of humour?

D.) Hulk... Yes - he was assimilated in Fear Itself although not by robots and Wolverine has proved time and time again that hulk can be *cough* penetrated

E.) All the rest, yes except Hellboy, I'd say. Sure he can bleed but for a devil, he has the willpower to be good, so he should have the willpower to "beat a Borg infection" lets say

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By TheCrowbar

@JohnnyZ256 said:

Assuming a Borg Drone had safe access to each of the following, would they be capable of being assimilated?

A) Yes, they can assilimate Tholians and Undine Thing is cake.

B) Yes, they can penetrate steel shells easily.

C) Yes, Borg Nanoprobes restructure neutronium, no reason they can't infect Superman.

D) Yes, he's organic tissue, he'd be assimiliated easily.

E) No Cosmic Diety, his body might not even be organic in the way the Borg understand

F) No Cosmic Being

G) No Cosmic Being

H) No Robot. He'd get re-purposed and integrated into the Borg technological databases.

I) Maybe, Hellboy is Supernatural in nature, what that means for borg nanoprobes is unknown.

J) yes, he's just an enhanced human, the probes can brute force their way through

spiderpool94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By spiderpool94

Thanos and the like will NOT be assimilated. If some humans can shake off assimilation and escape Thr collective someone as powerfully minded as that isn't gonna go diwn

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By dondave

A)Maybe

B)Maybe

C)No

D) No

E)Hell No