Report: Star Wars Stand-Alone Movie Will Star Felicity Jones

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

First, actress Felicity Jones' performance in The Theory of Everything earned her an Oscar nomination. Now, she's in talks to be a lead in an upcoming Star Wars stand-alone film. Not a bad time for her career, is it? We still don't know who the movie will be about and we haven't heard any plot details, but we do know Gareth Edwards (Godzilla) will direct and Chris Weitz is working on the script.

Photo credit: Sonia Recchia
Photo credit: Sonia Recchia

According the The Hollywood Reporter, the other actresses considered for the role were Rooney Mara and Tatiana Maslany. Also, the site's sources said Aaron Paul and Edgar Ramirez are allegedly on the "interest list" for another lead. A chance to see the Breaking Bad actor in the Star Wars universe? Yes, please! The untitled movie is currently scheduled to open December 16, 2016.

Source: The Hollywood Reporter

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By amazing_webhead

As long as she has a bigger role than ASM2

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By dernman

I wish they would release some character details to spark some interest.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By sora_thekey

I can see a Carrie Fisher resemblance... Perhaps a stand-alone Princess Leia movie?

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Leia The Movie: Doing to Leia what we did to Obi Wan Kenobi and Darth Vader.
Leia The Movie: Doing to Leia what we did to Obi Wan Kenobi and Darth Vader.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Felicity Jones and Tatiana Masiliny! MMMMMMMMMMMmm

~MiB

Avatar image for comicvine_is_jericho529
comicvine_is_jericho529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this is truly a Leia movie im down with it.
Leia is a cool character.
I know people are already going to trash the idea because of the word "PREQUEL" which has haunted the fans since the others were made but
I hope they go through with this plus i'd like to see a prequel to the original trilogy done RIGHT!
Gareth has a chance to both redeem the prequel idea as well as his stint with the Godzilla film (which i thought wasn't bad considering the rest of the Godzilla films it compares to lmao) to win back fans

Plus we have a chance to see Darth Vader again, more on life during the Empire's oppression of the galaxy, more of the Rise of the Rebellion.
More of Leia's development from being a child princess to growing into a BA rebel fighter etc.

THis could work. It's not like the prequel trilogy where it would be tackling too much to make it fit as a prequel this would mainly focus on one character and her point of view going thought that episode III- IV void.

THe only way they can screw it all up is if they decide to to turn Leia's spinoff into a trilogy or saga,

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Pretty cool. Can't wait to learn more about the movie.

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

She was fantastic in Theory of Everything, so I'd love to see her added to the series. I like that we're getting so many women in the Star Wars universe.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm, interesting.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb
deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Kyle Katarn isn't in the new films (haven't heard any casting credits for him....anyone???) than this would be a cool movie for Mara Jade to follow a similar path of redemption but starting from the point of her training and life as the Emperor's Hand prior to the end of Episode 6. The film wouldn't even have to touch on pursuing Luke or eventually marrying him (simply heavily imply at the end of the film that she goes to meet him/becoming a part of his new Jedi Order) as the books did but it would be nice to see a female Jedi get highlighted for moving from the dark to light side since most of the canon has focused on the male characters; Anakin, Kyle, Luke, Janen, Cade, Vader's Apprentice, Revan, the Nameless Jedi from KOTOR II (though by canon she's female the majority probably played the game as a guy).

Plus it would be a nice tie-in to Episode 7 how the new Jedi Order developed a lot of its combat techniques given the time Luke spent training with Yoda prior to Episode 6. This would put Mara on an even footing with Luke as a key part of the Order's revival rather than just being a badass Jedi in her own right.

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

The rumor floating around right now is that her role will be an older Sabine Wren from Star Wars Rebels. Idk how valid those reports are but I'd be cool with that. Felicity Jones is a really good actress so whatever role she is playing will likely be good. So pumped for all the Star Wars coming in the future!

Avatar image for the_average_bear
The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By The Average Bear

At first glance I was with everyone thinking its a Leia movie but would this movie also be set 30 years after Return like the upcoming movie? If that's the case then it couldnt be her, she'd be way too old.

@amazingwebhead: hopefully she gets some time as Black Cat in the third one

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

hopefully she gets some time as Black Cat in the third one

That would be cool

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice.

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DarthManhunter

Im excited to get something official as Ive only heard/ read rumors that didnt amount to anything lol.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Ah. ^_^

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ltbrd: No elements from the EU are being used in the newer films

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheVivas

@burnface: Well, that's not entirely true. They're going to base characters off of EU characters. And they said there's a possibility that they could take certain elements from the EU and add them, which would make them canon.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's certainly easy on the eyes

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By COBRAMORPH

If she is a prequel Leia, I hope it takes place during her time in Jabba's palace. Or, it can be pre-Episode4 with her stealing the Deathstar plans, as long as she gets them mostly naked.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb
deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@burnface: that wouldn't technically be true if Luke is running a new Jedi Order, Han and Leia are married and have kids, etc....My sense of the statements regarding the EU was that the movies wouldn't follow the plots and timeline of the EU, which I'm in total agreement with. I've never been a fan of movies following books or comic book materials too closely. But that doesn't mean characters couldn't come out of it plus Clone Wars and Rebels has established enough canon already to make a character like Mara Jade possible without copying her straight from the books.

Plus it'd be nice to see another aspect to the Force or Force-users then just Jedi and Sith. Even if she would eventually join the Order seeing her be an independent user and grow through that progression would add a very strong character to the tv/movie canon.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

If there is a Leia film in the works, I'd be surprised as hell.