Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sly_141

A Cosmic Rebirth

Over the past few months, Rebirth has seemingly brought back what we loved about the Pre-52 DC continuity as well as complementing it with the novelties of the New 52. Now the question is what should DC do in order to breath new life into the DC cosmos?

Personally, I feel like bringing back the following would be a good way to give the DC universe a breath of fresh air.

Legion of Superheroes

No Caption Provided

First, bringing these guys back would essentially allow DC to have a Justice League that spends their time addressing cosmic and futuristic threats. In many ways, this group could operate in the same fashion that the Guardians of the Galaxy/The Ultimates do in Marvel except their battles would take place in the 30th century which is benefit in its own right. In addition to the different technologies that are just parts of living far in the future (for example: Legion rings), there is also the fact that most event level threats would be confined to LoSH stories if that makes sense. Perhaps the LoSH could be in there own universe like Earth 2 so that the writers/readers dont have to worry about continuity issues.

In short: Justice League in Space + Cosmic Threats = LoSH.

The Fourth World

No Caption Provided

Besides the fact that these guys are the love child of the one and only Jack Kirby, the New Gods have also found commercial success and increasing relevance because of stories like Godhead, Earth 2, Darkseid War. That reason should be enough to show that bringing the Fourth World back would only serve to spice up the DC universe. Between the powers of Darkseid and Highfather and their war for the multiverse, there are many ways to involve the rest of DC less-explored cosmos, or even the rest of the multiverse. At the very least, it would be interesting to see Orion get a series/story arc like Jason Aaron's run on Thor, or to see a revised Mister Miracle series. Or maybe even a Forever People run that doesn't blow.

Adam Strange

No Caption Provided

This man is the OG Space Ranger Nough said. In a modern context, it would make sense to have him go on Rick and Morty or Doctor Who like adventures around the cosmos.

Multiversity

No Caption Provided

There is definitely a need to further explore the different worlds of the DC multiverse. So I think in addition to whatever plans Morrison has for continuing the story of Multiversity, he should also consider a series of one-shots or limited series exploring DC's multiverse. Think about it. More Thunderworld. More President Superman. More Captain Carrot. Nough Said.

Anyways, this is just my opinion on what I want to see more of from the Cosmic Side of DC.

What do you guys think should be brought back to the DC universe?

Feel free to share below or add to the ideas I've brought to the table.

touma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nice thread. One like

touma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nice thread. One like

Avatar image for staticspeedster
StaticSpeedster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 2

Great idea!

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great ideas, Morrison said that he's going to write Multiversity one shots starting with a Flash one shot iirc, he also said DC can continue any of those stories if they want. I'd also love to see a Fourth World series, maybe they can explore the conflict between Darkseid and Highfather, I'd also love to read a action/adventure series about Orion similar to Aaron's first arc on Thor, maybe DC can start it as mini first, if it's successful then continue.

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

morrison working on a sreries is always good

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be all for a New Gods book

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Very good suggestions, they're exactly what's needed for a strong cosmic DC lineup. Legion and New Gods are being promised and Adam Strange has a mini series he's in at the moment, don't know if Morrison will be coming back to do another Multiversity though.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Y'know what I'd like besides this?

A Lanterns villains devoted book

RedHood1047

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I would buy a New Gods book

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By New_World_Order

New Gods is a must.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would back DC doing this.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@sly_141:

Yes I'd love more Orion stories.

No Caption Provided

I would also love to have the old lobo back

No Caption Provided

As well as O.M.A.C.

No Caption Provided

And the Authority

No Caption Provided

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jb681131: Nice choices. I'll have to read up more on OMAC and the Authority.