• 58 results
WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@wolfrazer:

And the fight with Mace and Sidious in the comic has them standing in place, then by the window instead of continue sly running and leaping around.

It's the same outcome, just a different action. It doesn't change the story, just makes a short fight scene actually look like an actual exchange.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Wolfrazer

@wollfmyth209: Comic can't show everything panel by panel ya know.

But I guess.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer:

Yeah, but many comics are proof they could've done a better job than... That. Seriously the RotS comic just in general is awful.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova You might want to add Luke's fight with Kharys, where Luke is being both mentally tormented and is fighting out of his element and is also a year before ESB, and still defeats one of Vader's pupils that had a portion of his power and knowledge:

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke holds a ship with Tk, preventing it from getting damaged from a full on crash:

And the ship just stayed there. It didn't fall over. It didn't blow up. It didn't do anything that any reasonable person would expect a ship to do after a full-on crash. Nick stared at it with his mouth open. Some few seconds later, he realized he hadn't been breathing. "Did you...I mean, did I just see...?" he gasped. "Did you just now catch that ship?" Luke opened his eyes. "Not exactly."

Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor

Luke sees Guri(someone capable of stomping Boba Fett level combatants) in slow motion:

He had to trust the Force completely---Guri slowed, as if she were suddenly mired in thickened time. He saw her hand descending, saw it moving to smash him, but it was so incredibly slow, why, he could easily just roll aside and stand, before she ever reached him...He did so. He felt as if he were moving at normal speed, though there was a crackling feeling to his motion, a sound like a strong wind whistling about his ears.

Shadows of the Empire

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Full quote from Shadows concerning the ship

"Shh." Luke's forehead squeezed into a frown of concentration, and the fingers on his extended hand spread as his breathing deepened.

"This isn't my best trick."

His fingers twitched as if he were tripping an invisible switch-and out on the dark spinning disk of the freighter, automated attitude thrusters blasted to life, dorsal on the mandibles, ventral to aft above the engines, slowing the ship's tumble. Nick heard the sudden shriek of overpowered repulsorlifts and the forward attitude jets swiveled to add their thrust and the freighter slammed into the ground, which must have been some kind of cinder pit, because the front mandibles drove in almost to the cockpit at a sixty-degree angle... and stuck fast.

And the ship just stayed there. It didn't fall over. It didn't blow up. It didn't do anything that any reasonable person would expect a ship to do after a full-on crash.

Nick stared at it with his mouth open. Some few seconds later, he realized he hadn't been breathing. "Did you... I mean, did I just see...

?" he gasped. "Did you just now catch that ship?"

Luke opened his eyes. "Not exactly."

"And that's not your best trick?" Nick shook his head, blinking. "What is your best trick?"

"I hope you never find out," Luke said. "Come on."

Shadows of Mindor

Luke didn't actually catch the ship. Merely triggered the controls. Still a great show of precision despite the strain

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke senses that he has the advantage over Vader in their duel:

On the Death Star, Luke and Darth Vader were engaged in a duel that was even more vicious than their battle on Cloud City. Luke had grown stronger since their last encounter, and his skill with his lightsaber had improved greatly. As they swung at each other in the Emperor’s throne room, Luke sensed the advantage had shifted to him.

Luke drove Vader back to the stairway that descended to the turbolifts, then kicked out with his left leg, knocking Vader from the upper platform. Vader groaned as he flipped over backward and landed on the metal floor below.

Return of the Jedi Junior novelisation

This is later backed up when Luke realizes Vader is tired, upon reacting to Vader's fast strikes:

When Vader was almost beside Luke, he said, “You are unwise to lower your defenses.” He brought his lightsaber up fast, but Luke ignited his own lightsaber in time and blocked the attack. Vader swung again and again, and Luke parried each blow. Then their blades met and they maintained the contact, keeping their lightsabers braced against each other. Over the humming of the lightsabers, Luke heard Vader’s labored breathing and realized, He’s getting tired.

Return of the Jedi Junior novelisation

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@wollfmyth209: You want me to add these as Sense feats, right? I already have the advantage part in dueling skill.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: And as a speed feat for Luke reacting to Vader's unexpected and fast strikes. :)