Real Heroes

gallagher410

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By gallagher410

Comic books have been around for decades, some are getting closer to a hundred years. not to mention hundreds of hero media. Why do you think no one has ever considered dressing up and doing that job? the movie kick-ass brings it up and maybe has some answers, but why not? The graphic novel Watchmen shows how a regular people like nite owl and rorshach could become heroes similar to batman and punisher. the boondock saints show how one could easily become one. so why hasn't anyone actually done it, there are many gymnasts who could handle acrobatics, many hand to hand combatants that can kick some serious ass, many people who use guns, so why the hell not? whaddya think?  

LordCrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By LordCrom

Sanity and law.  I believe the individual who would be willing to attempt such a concept would have to either be insane or have no care in the world for the legal ramification of his actions. 
Amegashita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By Amegashita

Well if we take anything from Bruce Wayne to heart then we should know that it not only takes a lot of time to be a super hero.  It also takes a lot of devotion and a heck of a lot of resources.  This alongside huge amounts of training make being a real life superhero nearly impossible.

xybernauts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By xybernauts
I agree with @LordCrom: Also, I should also point out we do have heroes, just not rouge heroes who are above the law.   We have soldiers, police officers, firefighters, activists, those people who rush to locations like Haiti right after the Earthquake and similar locations. The truth of the matter is real heroism isn't always so glamorous as the comics.   

As for the "super" part of being a super hero, either it's really top secret, but more likely it doesn't exist.

Also, it's not a very profitable profession. In real life people need to make money or some type of funding.