Questions about DC Rebirth ?

Avatar image for kid_omega_prime
Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ok I like to know about DC Rebirth. What is it exactly ? Plus I heard DC was bringing back the New Earth heroes so dose this mean there getting rid of the Prime Earth heroes ?

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@kid_omega_prime: It's like a continuation of the New-52. As for bringing back old heroes, not sure. As far as I know only two have been brought back.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kid_omega_prime: Its a continuation of The New 52, but is bringing back several elements from the Post-Crisis continuity, as of now only 2 heroes have come back: Wally West(The redhead) and Superman.

EdBeatle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By EdBeatle

It mostly explains that the Pre 52 universe exist along with New 52 as we saw in Convergence, with Rebirth what happened was this:

Wally West from Pre 52 was all this time trapped on the speedforce, he was never "reseted", during New 52 he was in the speedforce without being able to escape. During DC Rebirth he is shown to finally escape from there and he claims to know what happened to the old multiverse, that Barry wasn´t the cause of all of it. We saw him trying to find a way to stay on the Earth and don´t get caught by the SF again making contact to several characters like Batman, a member from the JSA that I forgot who is (Wally says to him he has to reunite once again the JSA), even Linda his wife but as no one remembers him, he can´t make a connection to stay there so he always get swallowed by the Speedforce again, he finally found Barry and he speaks to him, before getting caught by the speedforce for the last time and merging with it dissapearing forever Barry recovers some memories from Pre 52 about Wally and rescues him.

Wally now free from the SF explains that during the reconstruction of the timeline after flashpoint someone took 10 years from everyone´s life, and with it all the hope and happiness, all the relations, everything from them in order to weaken them but now all the joy and happiness and hope lost is coming back.

Now, after Wally got swallowed by the SF during his encounter with Batman, Bruce saw something at the bottom of the Batcave shining, then Barry visits him after helping Wally and they discover someone has been watching them all this time, and Bats pulls out the Comedian´s badge and we get as epilogue a conversation between Night-Owl and Dr Manhattan who was hinted across JL number 50 and DC Rebirth meaning that he had something to do with all that.

Then in the issues we saw the return of Pre 52 Superman after the events of Convergence, the Titans remembering redheaded Wally, death of New 52 Sups and Pre 52 one replacing him, Green Arrow and Black Canary finally meet and blah blah.

Conclusion

Rebirth is a story that happens in Prime Earth, or New 52 multiverse but it finally merges the events of Convergence at some points and address back again the Pre 52 multiverse, we are going to see events and characters of these two multiverses merge, as some people are remembering their past lives but still having the new ones and people from the old timeline being found and well, pretty weird shit. It´s fixing and improving everything people was complaining about New 52

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edbeatle said:

It mostly explains that the Pre 52 universe exist along with New 52 as we saw in Convergence, with Rebirth what happened was this:

Wally West from Pre 52 was all this time trapped on the speedforce, he was never "reseted", during New 52 he was in the speedforce without being able to escape. During DC Rebirth he is shown to finally escape from there and he claims to know what happened to the old multiverse, that Barry wasn´t the cause of all of it. We saw him trying to find a way to stay on the Earth and don´t get caught by the SF again making contact to several characters like Batman, a member from the JSA that I forgot who is (Wally says to him he has to reunite once again the JSA), even Linda his wife but as no one remembers him, he can´t make a connection to stay there so he always get swallowed by the Speedforce again, he finally found Barry and he speaks to him, before getting caught by the speedforce for the last time and merging with it dissapearing forever Barry recovers some memories from Pre 52 about Wally and rescues him.

Wally now free from the SF explains that during the reconstruction of the timeline after flashpoint someone took 10 years from everyone´s life, and with it all the hope and happiness, all the relations, everything from them in order to weaken them but now all the joy and happiness and hope lost is coming back.

Now, after Wally got swallowed by the SF during his encounter with Batman, Bruce saw something at the bottom of the Batcave shining, then Barry visits him after helping Wally and they discover someone has been watching them all this time, and Bats pulls out the Comedian´s badge and we get as epilogue a conversation between Night-Owl and Dr Manhattan who was hinted across JL number 50 and DC Rebirth meaning that he had something to do with all that.

Then in the issues we saw the return of Pre 52 Superman after the events of Convergence, the Titans remembering redheaded Wally, death of New 52 Sups and Pre 52 one replacing him, Green Arrow and Black Canary finally meet and blah blah.

Conclusion

Rebirth is a story that happens in Prime Earth, or New 52 multiverse but it finally merges the events of Convergence at some points and address back again the Pre 52 multiverse, we are going to see events and characters of these two multiverses merge, as some people are remembering their past lives but still having the new ones and people from the old timeline being found and well, pretty weird shit. It´s fixing and improving everything people was complaining about New 52

so there are going to be two of everybody ? or there doing like in marvel were Miles Morales is in 616 ?

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kid_omega_prime: Nope, so far only 2 characters have come from the Post-Crisis universe, Wally West and Superman, to be honest I don't know what's gonna happen to The New 52 Wally, but Superman is replacing New 52 Supes.

EdBeatle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekinfing: @kid_omega_prime: nop, most of them died during convergence or went back to their universe but almost no one is going to share universe with New 52 universe. We are still going to see purely New 52 but with some old characters that New 52 never mentioned, and New 52 Wally is still there and is going to have a new suit color yellow, Redheaded Wally is going to be another Flash or sth, and his suit is going to be red, he is going to be with the Titans and Barry has his event now with the speedster accident. If New 52 Sups never had died probably Pre 52 had never taken his place but well.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By vinomonster

@thekinfing: Actually Parallax Hal Jordan already exists in the New 52 along with Post Crisis Superman and Wally.

No Caption Provided
Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well lets hope they bring more the New Earth supes and wally back. I like to see more of the New earth characters get a second chance.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok I was a frank and sons today and saw that there is a Chinese Superman now ? When did this happen ? Plus lex luthor is a superman now to ?

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok I was a frank and sons today and saw that there is a Chinese Superman now ? When did this happen ? Plus lex luthor is a superman now to ?

Yeah appareantly there is some Chinese Superman now, haven't read the comic though. Also since New 52 Superman died Lex took his place and started using Apokoliptian armor and Supes cape, it has been going on on Action Comics, very good story and artwork so far, I would recommend it.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekinfing: I see ty. I wish i got the Chinese superman comic but I got superman rebirth 1, batman rebirth 1, aquaman rebirth 1, DC universe rebirth 1 and mean you others.

EdBeatle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekinfing: I see ty. I wish i got the Chinese superman comic but I got superman rebirth 1, batman rebirth 1, aquaman rebirth 1, DC universe rebirth 1 and mean you others.

Those are good titles, imo there are other that I liked more but that's more about personal opinion, and the Chinese Superman is about an experiment the Chinese scientists are trying to do their own version of Superman and they chose a teen to do it, it's weird but it has some potential.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: @vinomonster: @thekinfing: @edbeatle: I have one. In DC universe rebirth how dose prime earth start to remember new earth wally west ? I thought prime earth Barry and new earth Barry were two separate people ?

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kid_omega_prime: They are kinda the same person, Dr.Manhattan stole their memories/years, some people like Batman and Barry already remember him, same thing with The Titans, but for the most part almost nobody remembers him.

esco1199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wally west has been trapped in the speedforce for xx years (my guess would be from flashpoint to present), every time someone touches Wally they get shocked and then remember everything from pre 52. So yes they are the 52 characters however they have Wally, from pre 52, memories of themselves from pre 52. It's basically DC saying sorry for what they did with 52 and soon all characters will have pre 52 memories but retain 52 memories for the 5 or 6 readers who actually liked 52. Btw its really really good so far....

@thevivas: @vinomonster: @thekinfing: @edbeatle: I have one. In DC universe rebirth how dose prime earth start to remember new earth wally west ? I thought prime earth Barry and new earth Barry were two separate people ?

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kid_omega_prime: They are kinda the same person, Dr.Manhattan stole their memories/years, some people like Batman and Barry already remember him, same thing with The Titans, but for the most part almost nobody remembers him.

there kinda the same person ? so dose that mean new earth and prime earth billy batson are kinda the same, new earth and prime earth batman, aquaman, superman ?

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

@esco1199 said:

Wally west has been trapped in the speedforce for xx years (my guess would be from flashpoint to present), every time someone touches Wally they get shocked and then remember everything from pre 52. So yes they are the 52 characters however they have Wally, from pre 52, memories of themselves from pre 52. It's basically DC saying sorry for what they did with 52 and soon all characters will have pre 52 memories but retain 52 memories for the 5 or 6 readers who actually liked 52. Btw its really really good so far....

@kid_omega_prime said:

ok so if Wally did meet new 52 superman would he still remember Wally ?

EdBeatle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well that´s a bit hard right now, if you read the last issue from Superman N52 you´d know why. But there´s where it gets tricky, Pre 52 Sups is there, so New 52 Sups getting the same memories from someone who is there would be weird. That´s something we don't need to worry anyway.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

@edbeatle said:
@kid_omega_prime said:

Well that´s a bit hard right now, if you read the last issue from Superman N52 you´d know why. But there´s where it gets tricky, Pre 52 Sups is there, so New 52 Sups getting the same memories from someone who is there would be weird. That´s something we don't need to worry anyway.

ok what about Freddy Freeman, Billy Batson or Mary Marvel ? new earth Wally shows up and do they remember him and the lives before the new 52 ?

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ok this reminds me of the TV series Fringe. in season 3 Peter Bishop and Olivia Dunham found a machine to destroy universes so peter makes a bridge to fix the other universe were he came from but this make peter no longer exist in the universe and rewrites the time line. in season 4 peter comes back but he only remembers there orginal timeline thinking he is in a alternate universe but the Olivia starts getting her old memories back then peter finds out that he is in his home universe is just everyones lifes history and back stories were altered.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edaa8b959055
deactivated-5edaa8b959055

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why did Dr. Manhattan take everyone's memories?

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@kid_omega_prime: its dc getting their act together comic wise, though they're still sucking in the movie and show department

OtaconMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@otaconmgs: Completely different versions, Alan Scott is gay on Earth 2, Dr.Fate is some guy name Khalid instead of Kent Nelson, and Jay Garric got this powers from the Gods.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edbeatle:

@otaconmgs: Completely different versions, Alan Scott is gay on Earth 2, Dr.Fate is some guy name Khalid instead of Kent Nelson, and Jay Garric got this powers from the Gods.

@vinomonster: @thekinfing: @esco1199: @edbeatle: @kid_omega_prime: @the_real_seaman: @kbroskywalker: I got one. If the heroes from new earth and prime earth are the same what about the heroes from Earth 2 ?

ok I found out that new earth and prime earth are the same earth. as for the golden age heroes they were reborn on earth 2. Earth-0.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kid_omega_prime: Earth 2 books will be rebirth'ed and relaunched as a JSA series you just have to wait.

OtaconMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekinfing: @vinomonster:

@edbeatle:

@thekinfing said:

@otaconmgs said:

@vinomonster: @thekinfing: @esco1199: @edbeatle: @kid_omega_prime: @the_real_seaman: @kbroskywalker: I got one. If the heroes from new earth and prime earth are the same what about the heroes from Earth 2 ?

ok I found out that new earth and prime earth are the same earth. as for the golden age heroes they were reborn on earth 2. Earth-0.

or maybe the reason Barry Allen remembered Wally West is because barry was from new earth. remember barry was the one that rebooted the DC universe when he tried to save his mother.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@otaconmgs: They already debunked it. Flashpoint was not Barry's fault but it was Dr.Manhattan.

EdBeatle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

or maybe the reason Barry Allen remembered Wally West is because barry was from new earth. remember barry was the one that rebooted the DC universe when he tried to save his mother.

That would explain for him, still it doesn't explain the same for the Titans.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edbeatle: @thekinfing: @otaconmgs: @vinomonster: ok so then let me to to get this right. All the characters from new earth and prime earth are the same just with new backgrounds and origins. Then Barry reboots the universe by mistake then Dr Manhattan erases them memories then now when Wally shows up now there getting there old memories back ?

EdBeatle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ok so then let me to to get this right. All the characters from new earth and prime earth are the same just with new backgrounds and origins. Then Barry reboots the universe by mistake then Dr Manhattan erases them memories then now when Wally shows up now there getting there old memories back ?

Virtually, yes, they are the same and at the same time they're not, they're like from different timelines and universes so it's weird to explain. What Barry did is that when Flashpoint finished all the timeline was supposed to get back together without any single change in it, but in Rebirth they explain that when the timeline was reconstructing Manhattan or let's just say someone, messed with that and steal 10 years from them, and with it hopes and relations, love and blah so their whole life changes within the timeline, but at the end, just like Barry in the Flashpoint event, some people have memories of the other timeline, beneath the reconstructed or alternate one, Barry was able to remember his life in New Earth but for what we saw just some part of it, not everything. Same with the Titans, even when they were able to remember Wally being part of the group, but that's it, they haven't explored with this yet but apparently they won't remember their whole entire life of New Earth, at the end they have waaaay more memories of Prime Earth while some memories from NE about Wally.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edbeatle: well I still don't get it. Ok let me try again. First there are the characters from new earth then Barry dose the his thing then new earth, earth 50 and vertigo combine into prime earth. So thanks to dr Manhattan everybody had no memories of there old life's and they get new origins. So then Wally shows up then Barry starts to rembember him. So dose this mean if Wally runs into say Billy Batson and marry there going to wonder why there not related anymore ?

EdBeatle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edbeatle: well I still don't get it. Ok let me try again. First there are the characters from new earth then Barry dose the his thing then new earth, earth 50 and vertigo combine into prime earth. So thanks to dr Manhattan everybody had no memories of there old life's and they get new origins. So then Wally shows up then Barry starts to rembember him. So dose this mean if Wally runs into say Billy Batson and marry there going to wonder why there not related anymore ?

Like I said, for what we've saw, no, the only people Wally has made a connection after escaping the SF seems to only remember things related to Wally, we saw Barry remembering how he met Wally and his history with him and blah but no signs of his sacrifice in COIF or his Rebirth or anything, same goes for the Titans, they only remembered things about Wally being part of the team and their memories together, to be more specific memories of them with Wally, but again, besides that they didn't seemed to remember more, we still need to wait and see if they explore more this but for now if Wally shows up to someone he MAY be able to bring back memories related about him, but not more.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edbeatle: oh this is getting interesting. Ok so let's say Wally were to bump into Barbara Gordon then she wonders why she is still not in a wheelchair ? I got another one let's say someone were to go back in time before the new 52 and kill say... Billy Batson, Bruce Wayne and superman with a kryptonite bullet then would there prime earth counterparts fade away like when O5 cyclops was killed then 616 Cyclops faded away ? Since new earth, earth 50 and the vertigo universe was used to make prime earth.

OtaconMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thebatflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

how are they different people with each others memories, when 52 came out they said this wasn't going to be a wipe of the universe they would just have different timeline or "memories". i think they are still the same people but with different memories.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Bump

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@otaconmgs: They retconning most of the heroes origin... some may or may not happened.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey now that new earth superman is in prime earth with wally dose this mean that Lex will regain his new earth memories ?

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rob from comicsexplained youtube channel explains it well so i recommend checking that out. Contrary to what alot of people say it's not a comic universe reboot, it's a new status quo for the DC universe. In 2011 DC completely retold most heroes origins and rebooted to attract new readers called the New 52, for about 5 years it continued but many didn't like some things from it, for instance it's more moody, emotional superman and a teenage, familyless Wally West. Rebirth was DC essentially saying "sorry fans we recognize we messed up and you want to see the return of some of your favorite stories and characters." So Rebirth established that the New 52 is actually the same universe as the pre-New 52 universe (the universe people knew and love) and in doing that we saw the return of the original, wise powerful Superman and the original Wally West, the potential return of the Justice Society and now we get to see amazing new stories like the Superman Rebirth arc: "Son of Superman" or the return of the Original Wally in "Titans" or the young Wally take up the Kid Flash legacy. Just think of it as DC's apology for screwing things up with New 52 and catering to what the fans have been asking for years.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rob from comicsexplained youtube channel explains it well so i recommend checking that out. Contrary to what alot of people say it's not a comic universe reboot, it's a new status quo for the DC universe. In 2011 DC completely retold most heroes origins and rebooted to attract new readers called the New 52, for about 5 years it continued but many didn't like some things from it, for instance it's more moody, emotional superman and a teenage, familyless Wally West. Rebirth was DC essentially saying "sorry fans we recognize we messed up and you want to see the return of some of your favorite stories and characters." So Rebirth established that the New 52 is actually the same universe as the pre-New 52 universe (the universe people knew and love) and in doing that we saw the return of the original, wise powerful Superman and the original Wally West, the potential return of the Justice Society and now we get to see amazing new stories like the Superman Rebirth arc: "Son of Superman" or the return of the Original Wally in "Titans" or the young Wally take up the Kid Flash legacy. Just think of it as DC's apology for screwing things up with New 52 and catering to what the fans have been asking for years.

so dose this mean we might get back the original Red Tornado, Atom Smasher, Michael Lane and others ?

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh and if New Earth Billy Batson and Prime Earth Billy are the same person then is going to wonder why he and Mary are no longer twins ?

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kid_omega_prime: it's quite possible, more possible than it was with the New 52

Hyperion_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just wanna know what hell happened to the pre-Flashpoint Prime Earth and the Earth-50 Wildstorm Universe