Question for Batman History Experts.

Commander_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was thinking of writing a fan-fic about Batman meeting Sherlock Holmes (And yes I realize Sherlock is fictional, but so is batman, and this is just an idea). These 2 are compared all the time, and I'd honestly be surprised if this hasn't happened. Plus, batmans no stranger to time travel, an instance takes place where he would have to go back to help solve a mystery he could not. But now I'm just rambling. So if anyone knows if it's been done somewhere, please let me know.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Havenless

Batman has participated in time travel, but for the most part he is strongly against changing the events of the past for fear of a Butterfly Effect. I also think adding time travel completely dilutes a good Sherlock Holmes story. He's not Doctor Who, he's grounded in realism.

What would make a better story is if you did a 1800's Batman, where is simply grew up in that time period. Have it be sort of a 'America's Greatest Detective meets Britain's Greatest Detective' story.

Also, Sherlock should be able to deduce Batman's alter ego rather quickly.

Commander_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Commander_Kane

@havenless: Ahhh, yes. I was thinking that myself, about causing the butterfly affect I mean. Of course lets say, the effect was altered by one of batmans foes, or the foe is attempting to. Lets say in this case, Sherlock Holmes could be Bruce's ancestor. And Holmes is at his witts end to capture Moriarty once and for all. Maybe the foe that could be the one trying to alter the reality is the Joker. (Also another shocking twist) Moriarty is the ancestor of the Joker. And if he kills Holmes, batman ceases to exist. Also erasing all the good bruce has ever done or has assisted in. Thus vastly changing time either way. So batman helping Holmes catch the newly partnered Moriarty and the joker could be a neccissary story as well. I also like yours to, it would be the more logical scenario.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@commander_kane: Desperate times can cause characters to go against their own code. In All-New X-men for example, the past hank mccoy can't understand what'd cause the present version of hank to **** up the timelines.

Commander_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Commander_Kane

@MaccyD Wasn't present hank also dying at this point? Haven't read but I remember hearing something about it.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeh, its been done but go for it anyway

No Caption Provided