Question about Convergence?

Sir_Lenopow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

After convergence happens, will prime earth still be the continuity? Will any of the new 52 matter? After building my collection of new 52 comics, I gotta say, it'd really suck if it isn't going to be canon anymore. I've heard both that it won't be changing, and that there will likely be a reset.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

52 universe stays intact is what I heard. With some twicks.

tristan95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

52 Universe its same

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

After convergence happens, will prime earth still be the continuity? Will any of the new 52 matter? After building my collection of new 52 comics, I gotta say, it'd really suck if it isn't going to be canon anymore. I've heard both that it won't be changing, and that there will likely be a reset.

Hard to say, but i think that you should take a look at last Convergence solicitations, first:

http://www.newsarama.com/23527-every-single-dc-comics-may-2015-convergence-solicit-cover.html

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

It's staying the same, it's just gonna take "New 52" off the covers. I was worried that Pre 52 Superman was going to come back, but with Pak still on the title I no longer worry about that. Plus with SM/WW being a high selling book and merch out the ying yang, it's also staying.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It's staying the same, it's just gonna take "New 52" off the covers. I was worried that Pre 52 Superman was going to come back, but with Pak still on the title I no longer worry about that. Plus with SM/WW being a high selling book and merch out the ying yang, it's also staying.

Mostly what Saint Wildcard says.

Prime Earth will remain as it is with a little difference I guess.

Scarbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vinomonster: Thanks for the answers, like the TC I'm really confused on what's going on with Convergence. So it's basically an event primarily just effecting Earth-2 and the other 'alternate' realities and We think it's whiping them out or destroying most of them?

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scarbearer: I believe they will finally conclude or ending the story of post crisis dcu and continue the stories of the new 52 which will be called post convergence.

Duzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So... I hear a lot about Convergence but what exactly is it suppose to be about?

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@duzz: the Conclusion of Post Crisis DC Universe.

Duzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vinomonster: Oh so we are actually going back to the time before Flashpoint happen and see the end of those stories?

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@duzz: You got the idea there buddy :)

Sir_Lenopow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vinomonster: So would those of us who have only read the new 52 need to read convergence, or will this be pointless for us do you think?

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sir_Lenopow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vinomonster: Well you gotta figure, if this is their way of closing off the pre 52, and you've only read the new 52, it'd be pointless to read if 90 % of it consists of just tieing up non 52 loose ends