Punk Rock Band Origin Story Arc

PDBL77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By PDBL77

What punk rock band's story would you like to see be made into a limited series comic book?

Original Misfits maybe?

jonEsherfey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By jonEsherfey

I love punk rock so much but I am not a fan of rock comics like Kiss and previous failed attempts but I think it would be interesting if a company like Vertigo created a fake punk group where they could play around with the story and have all then drugs and fun that go along with it. That way if the change stuff people won't get mad and the writers make stuff up.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By cattlebattle

Misfits?? haha, It could be about Jerry Only getting bit by a radioactive greed bug and putting the crimson ghost on everything from socks to purses, meanwhile Danzig goes on to be.....talented.

It would be neat to see the Ramones in a Scooby Doo type scenario...hunting ghosts. Or maybe Minor Threat takes on drug cartels....

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By judasnixon

Did anyone read that CBGB comic that came a while ago. I always wanted to read that, but never came across a copy. I thought it would be cool if they did a hard cover Anthology of short stories of 80's punk band like the Minor Threat, The Germs,The Bad Brains, Operation Ivy, and Black Flag Illustrated by Different Artist like Phil Noto, Mike Allred, Jamie Hernandez, Fiona Staples, and Sean Murphy, Maybe it should come with a mix tape, like an old school cassette tape that no one can play anymore. I would buy the crap out of that book...........

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By judasnixon
@cattlebattle: Ha Ha Ha.... Jerry Only that man has a combover that he calls a Devil-lock. What a douche....
BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#6  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

@judasnixon said:

@cattlebattle: Ha Ha Ha.... Jerry Only that man has a combover that he calls a Devil-lock. What a douche....

Hahahaha! I had no idea he named it. And he was such a douche already...XD

ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By ragdollpurps

Kathleen Hanna vs. The Patriarchy

Not really origin stories, but each month Kathleen joins a different grrrl band to kick some arse and a different female artist provides pencils. Would have a featurette in the back providing info & short bio on both the band and the artist. Comes with some link/code bs to download a free single from the featured band. Could work as a zine type thing.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By judasnixon
@ragdollpurps: I would buy that! I would buy two copies of the issue where she's with Sonic Youth and fights Courtney Love......
cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By cattlebattle
@BumpyBoo said:

@judasnixon said:

Hahahaha! I had no idea he named it. And he was such a douche already...XD

They all used to have devil locks except Robo I believe....Jerry Only wears his only when he preforms ....or at least, I hope thats the only time he wears it. Otherwise , yeah, he is a balding old guy.