Power Rangers Movie will be a Dark Knight Like Re-imagining - Bryan Cranston

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In a recent interview Bryan Cranston stated that the Power Rangers movie will be a Dark Knight like re-imagining and will be unrecognizable to the series.

I wasn’t really high on it until I talked to the producer and read the script and talked to the director. After that I went, ‘This is different. This is as different a reimagining as the ‘Batman’ television series as it became the ‘Batman’ movie series. You can’t compare those two, and nor can you compare this movie version of the ‘Power Rangers’ to that television series. It’s unrecognizable for the most part. There are tenets of the folklore that you hold onto for sure, but the inspiration is different, and the sensibility of it, and the approach to the film making is completely different.

Full Interview

Power Rangers movie teaser poster

Thoughts?

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I just can't see that with Power Rangers. They've always came off as goofy and childish to me.

Oh well, I never liked the franchise anyways.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The thing is Batman started as a darker toned story. It went through lighter incarnations and the well known Adam West show was one of them. But the darker tone was still there at the beginning and was something it could go back to.

Power Rangers on the other hand...while I've never really cared much for the show and I'm sure it had plenty of serious moments character-wise, trying to take something that was always a bit silly and lighthearted and giving it the Burton or especially Nolan treatment doesn't seem like it'll work out that. Not saying this will make it a flop but changing the tone of something too much can make it unrecognizable and undesirable to the fans of the product.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uh-Oh.

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Ooh, dark and gritty, how original...

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

I'll wait and see

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm ok i'm betting the blue ranger dies

Man...I just can't see The Power Rangers being dark and gritty. It's a kids show. It's not like Superman, or the DCEU either. People can complain about them being too dark, but you can't deny that comics do go to dark places all the time. That's not the same with Power Rangers. Honestly, I hardly even remember them getting serious outside the pink rangers death in PR: Space (?) and a few other moments that are far and few in-between. I still hope it's good and fun though.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By vinomonster
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#11 JediXMan  Moderator

You know what I'd like? Something with the dark and foreboding tone of TDK, complete with the cheesy dialogue and costumes of the original Power Rangers. Just this drastic contrast.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I mean. . . I liked Pluto so, maybe I'll like this.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course it will be.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I can't wait for this movie. My childhood is roaring.

blackagar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

warrior100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait for this movie. My childhood is roaring.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never really appreciated the original material, so I'm open to absolutely anything.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By HighAccuser

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackagar: Remember when FF 2015 said the Reboot is ala Dark Knight? Yep... What's coming? Doom Haha.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:
@buttersdaman000 said:

Man...I just can't see The Power Rangers being dark and gritty. It's a kids show. It's not like Superman, or the DCEU either. People can complain about them being too dark, but you can't deny that comics do go to dark places all the time. That's not the same with Power Rangers. Honestly, I hardly even remember them getting serious outside the pink rangers death in PR: Space (?) and a few other moments that are far and few in-between. I still hope it's good and fun though.

A few Rangers and I think the Red Ranger's Dad getting killed by 'The Master' in Mystic Force, but the Red Ranger in that series was basically Jesus so it all ended Ok.

Also, Time Force had some pretty dark moments.

There was also the time the original Time Force ranger was cut down in the future. Then If I recall correctly Lost Galaxy was dark with galactic slavery on display along with some genocide.....I think.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not enough spandex/10

Meh.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do people say dark and gritty is unoriginal? Do people realize outside of the Nolan films, the only dark CBM's we've got are MoS, BvS, and kinda Winter Soldier? If anything, the lighthearded films are unoriginal...

blackagar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackagar: Remember when FF 2015 said the Reboot is ala Dark Knight? Yep... What's coming? Doom Haha.

....that is doom....such an atrocity? They deserve to be hung in the halls of Latveria. My favorite villain will never get a good live action adaption ;-;

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

And they are expecting to do like 7 sequels off of this?!

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Different Reimagining =/= Dark, Grim, or Gritty

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Yeeeeah... this is not gonna work-out for anyone in the end.

Avatar image for deactivated-57af58bda2d61
deactivated-57af58bda2d61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Already hate it.

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do people say dark and gritty is unoriginal? Do people realize outside of the Nolan films, the only dark CBM's we've got are MoS, BvS, and kinda Winter Soldier? If anything, the lighthearded films are unoriginal...

There was also the new Fantastic Four movie and then there are the comics that came afterwords which tried to be dark and gritty because it worked for Batman. I don't think the problem is that its unoriginal, the problem is after The Dark Knight's success movies like MoS or Fantastic Four tried to emulate what those movies did without really knowing why they were successful.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe it was Lost Galaxy. But then I remember she still came back in the end anyway.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're gonna screw it up....

I can feel it in my bones.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
deactivated-5967bf6197d40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aros001 said:
@petey_is_spidey said:

There was also the new Fantastic Four movie and then there are the comics that came afterwords which tried to be dark and gritty because it worked for Batman. I don't think the problem is that its unoriginal, the problem is after The Dark Knight's success movies like MoS or Fantastic Four tried to emulate what those movies did without really knowing why they were successful.

Comics have always had their fair share of dark and gritty. DK didn't change that. Even with CBMs, it still stands that Dark is far more original and unique than lighthearted. It's not movies emulating Dark Knight, but rather movies trying to be original and place their heroes in a real life setting.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Go Go Power Rangers

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers