Hungry_Sharky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@rustyroy said:

I didn't understand the trailer

Me neither. Batman was being incepted? Batman was all Bruce's dream?

And what was up with Keaton and Affleck?

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I THINK the deal was that Batman was the psychosis in Bruce Wayne's (Bale's) mind and it was manifesting itself in different ways (Michael Keaton, Ben Afleck, etc) that's how I took it anyway), and DiCaprio was the therapist/psychiatrist trying to fix him.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

I didn't understand the trailer

Me neither. Batman was being incepted? Batman was all Bruce's dream?

And what was up with Keaton and Affleck?

Yeah, at first I thought it was all Bruce's dream but then everything got confusing.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9 the_stegman  Moderator

@rustyroy: @hungry_sharky:

The murder of Bruce's parents created a psychosis in him, one that made him manifest a reality in which he was Batman and could save others from a similar fate.

Affleck and Keaton are further manifestations of different versions of himself.

DiCaprio is going inside Bruce's mind to retrieve him from the delusions.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The murder of Bruce's parents created a psychosis in him, one that made him manifest a reality in which he was Batman and could save others from a similar fate.

I was thinking that too but then DiCaprio says that he'll plant an idea in his mind that will define him, that line threw me off, it felt like he wanted to put the idea of Batman inside him.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 the_stegman  Moderator

@rustyroy: yeah, maybe that line shouldn't have been in there LOL. Then again this is just a fan-made trailer, it's not like there's a script or anything, haha.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyways I don't think I want to see a movie where Bruce isn't actually Batman but it's a really nice idea for a Elseworld story and the trailer was really good. Also I'd love to DiCaprio in a Batman movie.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: yeah, maybe that line shouldn't have been in there LOL. Then again this is just a fan-made trailer, it's not like there's a script or anything, haha.

Yeah and they did a pretty good job.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator
@the_stegman said:

I thought that throughout the entire trailer, but then it ends in such a way so as to leave it purposefully ambiguous as to whether the Batman was entirely a mental construct, or if there is more going on.

I do believe it's possible he was being drugged/manipulated. I could see there being a twist where Bruce is Batman, but Alfred has been trying to convince him he is not (because he's sick and tired of the madness that is Batman) and hires Dicaprio's character to do so and cement the doubt that he is not in his subconscious. I think the clue was the ending on the spinning top, why would the maker do that? It was very deliberate. It indicates to me that they are still in the dream, which pretty much changes how we look at how we see everything in the trailer beforehand. It's a psychological thriller so there'd have to be a twist.

Also, this was awesome and I want to see a Batman film that is this deranged in the DCEU, just killing people is not dark, being willing to do almost anything but kill due to some weird obsession is far scarier and more messed up. They need to delve deep into Bruce's psyche to justify why his obsession with murder and guns was suddenly inverted by Jason's death in this universe. Because to me, the moral reasoning for his no kill rule/no guns rule is secondary to his own psychotic obsession with murder and guns, psychologically he's still experiencing the night his parents died each day. Because of this, Batman is, when you strip him of everything, somebody who just doesn't want anybody else to die, and every second of every day is spent trying to change that. So it really blurs the line between morality and psychosis.

I just really need to see Affleck dig deep into it for me to ever accept this Batman.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 the_stegman  Moderator

@rogueshadow: It reminds me of a Buffy episode where a demon made her think that she wasn't a Slayer and that Vampires and other mythical creatures didn't exist. That she was actually in an insane asylum.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow: It reminds me of a Buffy episode where a demon made her think that she wasn't a Slayer and that Vampires and other mythical creatures didn't exist. That she was actually in an insane asylum.

Sounds trippy, lol.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

amazing

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 the_stegman  Moderator
Avatar image for det_batsuperman
Det_BatSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah so like the people who enter his mind become his villains and then also become defined by that world. Cool stuff

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thesilentripper
TheSilentRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

holy fanmade trailers Batman

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: @hungry_sharky: @heroup2112: @the_stegman: @rogueshadow:

The way I "understand" the concept of the trailer is

1. Bruce? Has created the Batman in mis mind.

2. Dom and his team are going to Inception him

3. The team becomes the villains? Or the villains are Bruce´s militarized subconscious?

4. Joker is the most dangerous proyection , the one that controls the whole thing (like Mall in Inception)

5. The Himalayas/Revenant scenes are one a deeper level where only Dom and Bruce? Remain (maybe Ra´s too)

6. The Keaton and Affleck cameos are jobs Dom did before.

-- But this raises the question , Are they other Bruce Waynes from other universes? or other dudes who believe they are the Batman?

7- There is a moment where Bruce is aware of himself but it´s too late and the Joker is using the Batman to hunt everyone

8. Bruce´s? Mind is to powerful and they are all going to stay there.

And the most important question

Was Bale the Batman but now he is all fu**ed up so Alfred call Cob to make him think he was never the Batman?

Or indeed the Batman doesn´t exist in that universe?