One black character in Injustice Gods Among Us Game?

• 171 results
evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I honestly couldn't give a $h%^t what race the characters are. But,that being said I would've liked to see Mr. Terrific in the game

Speaking of Mr. Terrific isn't he in the background on the Watch Tower, I 'm playing on a 47 inch and still not sure?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#102  Edited By joshmightbe

There were no Asian, Latino, Native American or Hawaiians in the game either

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

@night_thrasher said:

I honestly couldn't give a $h%^t what race the characters are. But,that being said I would've liked to see Mr. Terrific in the game

Speaking of Mr. Terrific isn't he in the background on the Watch Tower, I 'm playing on a 47 inch and still not sure?

yup. but its in the reactor part.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There were no Asian, Latino, Native American or Hawaiians in the game either

Bane is half latino right? : P

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By joshmightbe

I think if you're going to point out the lack of black characters you should also mention the lack of everybody else. I know this may shock some black and white folks but you aren't the only people that exist.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

Catwoman may not have solid sales (based on what you're providing, I haven't doubled checked this) and an allegedly terrible ongoing at the moment (can't say it is because I don't read it), but she's still vastly more popular than the characters you've listed (Static, Vixen, etc) thanks to her numerous and rather large appearances in both television and film.

This thread was made to make notice that out of 25 characters on a fighting game with Dc characters , there is only 1, and people should take notice.

Yet you don't mind there's zero Asians and only half a Jew? What about Muslims? Hispanics? Homosexuals? So on and so on. Point being: there shouldn't be a checklist when it comes to representing all forms of humanity (or metas in this case) -- otherwise that's doing the character a disservice. Characters should be selected based on whether or not they'd make a good addition to the story and offer fun gameplay -- not their skin color, nationality, religion, gender, sexual preference, etc. While I'm sure the characters you listed could indeed fit the bill (as could countless others), NetherRealm/DC clearly thought others were a better choice. I sincerely doubt this was an intentional move on their behalf. I just want characters with good gameplay -- seeing as this is a fighter, after all. Whether their skin is white, black, purple or green is irrelevant to me.

Like @akbogert has stated, your opinion seems misdirected. Shouldn't you instead be focused on DC making a bigger push to support these characters? Hell, I love Tattooed Man and he had promise, yet where has he been?

Not to mention there is like only two non Americans in the game.

Wonder Woman

Doomsday

Raven (questionable)

Bane

Black Adam

Sinestro

Ares

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@jonny_anonymous said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Catwoman may not have solid sales (based on what you're providing, I haven't doubled checked this) and an allegedly terrible ongoing at the moment (can't say it is because I don't read it), but she's still vastly more popular than the characters you've listed (Static, Vixen, etc) thanks to her numerous and rather large appearances in both television and film.

This thread was made to make notice that out of 25 characters on a fighting game with Dc characters , there is only 1, and people should take notice.

Yet you don't mind there's zero Asians and only half a Jew? What about Muslims? Hispanics? Homosexuals? So on and so on. Point being: there shouldn't be a checklist when it comes to representing all forms of humanity (or metas in this case) -- otherwise that's doing the character a disservice. Characters should be selected based on whether or not they'd make a good addition to the story and offer fun gameplay -- not their skin color, nationality, religion, gender, sexual preference, etc. While I'm sure the characters you listed could indeed fit the bill (as could countless others), NetherRealm/DC clearly thought others were a better choice. I sincerely doubt this was an intentional move on their behalf. I just want characters with good gameplay -- seeing as this is a fighter, after all. Whether their skin is white, black, purple or green is irrelevant to me.

Like @akbogert has stated, your opinion seems misdirected. Shouldn't you instead be focused on DC making a bigger push to support these characters? Hell, I love Tattooed Man and he had promise, yet where has he been?

Wonder Woman

Doomsday

Raven (questionable)

Bane

Black Adam

Sinestro

Ares

Gods and aliens don't count and Wonder Woman is an American citizen. So that's Bane and Black Adam with a possible Raven.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Wonder Woman

Doomsday

Raven (questionable)

Bane

Black Adam

Sinestro

Ares

Gods and aliens don't count and Wonder Woman is an American citizen. So that's Bane and Black Adam with a possible Raven.

WW is an American citizen?. she lives in London in the New 52 (if im not mistaken) and was an ambassador for Themyscira pre-flashpoint. and if its not from America, it counts lol

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Wonder Woman

Doomsday

Raven (questionable)

Bane

Black Adam

Sinestro

Ares

WW is an American citizen?. she lives in London in the New 52 (if im not mistaken) and was an ambassador for Themyscira pre-flashpoint. and if its not from America, it counts lol

Yea but pre-flshpoint she lived in the USA under the name Diana Prince and worked for American military intelligence

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

#111  Edited By akbogert

@avenging_x_bolt: @jonny_anonymous You fellas wanna try doing replies instead of quotes? I get notified every time you post (also nested comments = scroll lag galore :P)

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Wonder Woman

Doomsday

Raven (questionable)

Bane

Black Adam

Sinestro

Ares

Yea but pre-flshpoint she lived in the USA under the name Diana Prince and worked for American military intelligence

doesnt really make her a citizen though.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: she must have been to get a job in the military

well, she was using false identity right? its not too hard to believe that she has connections that got her the job.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@avenging_x_bolt: she must have been to get a job in the military

well, she was using false identity right? its not too hard to believe that she has connections that got her the job.

Damn it X-Bolt I cant argue my point if you'r just going to be logical about this :-\/

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@bruxae said:

Im not gonna read every reply so maybe someones already said this, but theres nothing worse then when characters are put in a game or a movie just because they are black.

The reason is simple, theres not many intresting black characters around although it varies alot with individual opinions.. Im glad aslong as developers put in the characters they feel they can do well, or that they find intresting, it really makes for a better character.. And I do think that is what they have done here, I seriously doubt someone sat down around a table going "Hey, lets not have any black characters in this game, cause im a racist.". No, maybe we need a couple more developers who indentify better with black culture, or maybe we need better black characters, but this shit constantly being brought up is extremely tiresome.

First , be cool with the language, there are kids here. Secondly, I started this thread ! Furthermore I didn't state that a character should or should not be placed in the game because he or she is black. If you read the title of the thread , it states that there is one black character out of 24 at present in the game simply. My desire is for one more black character to be put in the game, and that's what this thread is supposed to be based upon, whether you are for that or not. I don't care that you are tired of these type of threads, if that's the case , just don't comment in them. Also this thread is not about multiple races or sexual orientations, that's totally off base here. The thread for that is here: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/who-would-you-want-as-a-dlc-injustice-gods-among-u-1456683/#38 . People I also think it's a bit uncool to address someone by saying he or she is a Jew, I think it would be more appropriate to say of Jewish decent. Can we stay on topic here please!

Alright, no need to get defensive, I was just stating my opinion.. I thought that was part of the point in topics too? Wasnt aware I used any bad language either.

But my point still remains, what I was trying to get across is developers should add the kind of characters they feel comfortable in creating.. And not add someone just for racial diversity, and it seems a bit like thats what you are asking them to do when you make a point in how many characters are black or not, but if I understood it wrong I apologize.

Also, random question.. Is jews really a race? I thought it was a religion.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akbogert said:

To be fair, do you really want characters in a game literally just to be token black characters, there not because they made sense in the narrative but because they're black?

Your issue isn't with the makers of this game. It's with the fact that DC, and comics in general, have a dearth of diversity in the spotlight. They are very bad at making non-white, non-male characters, and even worse at making them important without having it look like a publicity stunt (*cough* trans character "reveals" *cough*).

There may be other black characters in the DCU, but not necessarily ones which your mainstream audience (comic or fighter game) will necessarily know enough to get excited about.

I think you actually already know your issue isn't really with Injustice, though, because half your rant dealt with the JL comic instead of the game. The game, as it stands, is fairly faithful as a representative of how the larger DC universe presents people of color and women (both are sorely, noticeably lacking).

I agree, plus I think to judge or make a big deal of something like this is ridiculous honestly. I mean, we buy games due to color of characters now? Does Skullgirls have a black character? Super Mario? Halo? I mean I can go on lol. Hell, even other fighters have little to no black characters.

DC and Marvel do things now like have Gay marriages and making Alan Scott Gay as a gimmick to try to sell more copies by turning heads....same with making new minority characters*cough Simon Baz, Luke Fox Jr/Batwing*cough* just to try to be "politically correct" personally, when I read a comic, play a game I don't care about being politically correct. But given today's society is so "sensitive" to everything, the writers feel the need to say "omg we have to put in a gay guy, a transgender, a black guy, an arab guy, a chinese guy, a latino etc, or people may judge us!!"

Besides, via DLC we could very well get another Black guy as someone else stated MMH often disguises himself as a black guy(sometimes white too) so you know he's an equal opportunity shapeshifter lol. Then there's Static Shock, Black Lightning, Mr. Terrific etc. But it all comes down to A. Demand for these characters and B. relevance. You think they'll put in the Wonder Twins if some fans went nuts? Doubtful lol.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruxae said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@bruxae said:

Im not gonna read every reply so maybe someones already said this, but theres nothing worse then when characters are put in a game or a movie just because they are black.

The reason is simple, theres not many intresting black characters around although it varies alot with individual opinions.. Im glad aslong as developers put in the characters they feel they can do well, or that they find intresting, it really makes for a better character.. And I do think that is what they have done here, I seriously doubt someone sat down around a table going "Hey, lets not have any black characters in this game, cause im a racist.". No, maybe we need a couple more developers who indentify better with black culture, or maybe we need better black characters, but this shit constantly being brought up is extremely tiresome.

First , be cool with the language, there are kids here. Secondly, I started this thread ! Furthermore I didn't state that a character should or should not be placed in the game because he or she is black. If you read the title of the thread , it states that there is one black character out of 24 at present in the game simply. My desire is for one more black character to be put in the game, and that's what this thread is supposed to be based upon, whether you are for that or not. I don't care that you are tired of these type of threads, if that's the case , just don't comment in them. Also this thread is not about multiple races or sexual orientations, that's totally off base here. The thread for that is here: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/who-would-you-want-as-a-dlc-injustice-gods-among-u-1456683/#38 . People I also think it's a bit uncool to address someone by saying he or she is a Jew, I think it would be more appropriate to say of Jewish decent. Can we stay on topic here please!

Alright, no need to get defensive, I was just stating my opinion.. I thought that was part of the point in topics too? Wasnt aware I used any bad language either.

But my point still remains, what I was trying to get across is developers should add the kind of characters they feel comfortable in creating.. And not add someone just for racial diversity, and it seems a bit like thats what you are asking them to do when you make a point in how many characters are black or not, but if I understood it wrong I apologize.

Also, random question.. Is jews really a race? I thought it was a religion.

I respect your opinion! As I said earlier I just noticed that there was one black character in the game, and would like to see another one in the game. It's nothing against the creators of the game or Dc Suddenly people started talking about sexual orientation of characters and different races which they would like to see in the game, which is really off topic. I even posted a link to thread where they could discuss that. Oh , the answer to your last question- The word Jew (Hebrew: יהודי) is used in a wide number of ways, but generally refers to a follower of the Jewish faith, a child of a Jewish mother, or someone of Jewish descent with a connection to Jewish culture or ethnicity and often a combination of these attributes. This article discusses the term as describing an ethnic group; for a consideration of the religion, please refer to Judaism.

Jewish is a recent twist to the word Jew. It came into being after WW2 by the Jews in hopes of adding some kind of decency to an otherwise indecent people.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@evilvegeta74: Ah I see, thanks for the answer.. There is no jews where I come from!

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruxae said:

@evilvegeta74: Ah I see, thanks for the answer.. There is no jews where I come from!

Anytime! Oh I see!

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

I never even noticed this until you said it.

Now that you mention it, Static would of been fun.

Avatar image for general_disarray
General_Disarray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@evilvegeta74:

Replace skin colour with any other descriptive attribute and you'll see how stupid that question is. Like if you had noticed there was only one green eyed character in the game would you want them to add some less popular, less well known green eyed characters just for the sake of balancing the ratio? There's only one race. The human race.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First you have my attention! Second if this is you snarky little way to make an attempt at saying something intelligent, go back to the drawing board , your fail is epic.Third , umm what question? Fourth and final, and I'm being nice because technically, it's three strikes and you're out. Here we go, you missed the whole point of the topic, and do even understand what you're trying to say, without going to Rambleville, USA.

ZombieMowlcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Race doesn't bother me, as long as they're good characters. Black Manta is cool and happens to be black, (according to Young Justice anyways) so lets have him.

ThomasElliot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By ThomasElliot

Everyone must understand, before I make my statement, that I'm no cheerleader for political correctness. Most of the time I don't notice these things.

BUT... Me and 2 friends are playing Injustice and we are laughing our asses off at Cyborg because he has the most HORRIBLE dialog bits in the game.

I mean seriously... if there was such thing as 'deleted scenes' from Injustice, I'm pretty sure Cyborg's would have things like:

"Taste the flavor of my pimp hand, you jive turkey!"

"Wiggity wack, son!"

"Whatchoo talkin bout? Fry you like chicken!"

Seriously, can someone pull quotes of Cyborg's dialog from the game? Its pretty awful, like it was written by George Lucas or Michael Bay or something. My friends and I, all minorities but none of us black, would laugh, then kind of shake our heads.

Let's remember that Cyborg is the son of a brainy scientist and not from the ghetto... let's also remember that Jax from Mortal Kombat NEVER had dialog so blatantly based on race-profile! Let me also state again, for the record, that I'm not offended by any of it, just think its hilarious they made him speak like some douchebag rapper.

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By JohnnyGat

@thomaselliot said:

Let's remember that Cyborg is the son of a brainy scientist and not from the ghetto... let's also remember that Jax from Mortal Kombat NEVER had dialog so blatantly based on race-profile!

Haven't played in a while so I'm only reading off the Wiki some of the "quotes" he says but when I played as and against Cyborg his dialogue seemed less race related more jock related which makes sense since he was a jock before he became Cyborg. He was shown to be quite distant from his brainy father and more inclined to be an athlete, I'm not saying his vocabulary shouldn't be more well thought out but it is quite possible that the character of Vic follows the classic family dynamic of distant parental relations where the son takes more from his peers than his parents.

ThomasElliot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnnygat:

Hmm... you're probably right. That would make my friends and I the racist ones for not realizing it! I guess I don't know enough people still going around yelling 'boo yah' or telling everyone 'how real' its about to get. But seeing the list of all the other quotes, I guess my friends and I mis-judged.

lilcraig92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By lilcraig92

People think one black guy in anything is diverse but what if it was the totally opposite. If that would happen people would really have a problem. Lmaoo

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By JohnnyGat

@thomaselliot said:

@johnnygat:

Hmm... you're probably right. That would make my friends and I the racist ones for not realizing it! I guess I don't know enough people still going around yelling 'boo yah' or telling everyone 'how real' its about to get. But seeing the list of all the other quotes, I guess my friends and I mis-judged.

The booyah at least from my understanding sounded like something a partied out frat boy would say but in the context of the game and my limited knowledge on pre-52 comic Vic that it's a reference to the Teen Titans cartoon where that is his catch phrase. Also using the term racist to define not realizing something is a misuse of the word. Racism is the implication of superiority/inferiority strictly because of a persons ethnicity or culture. A better term would be Ignorant (which is at worst) but more often than not like in your case a simple misunderstanding of the situation/context.

Avatar image for cerberusprime3k
CerberusPrime3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only problem for me was that most of the villains were from Batman's rogues gallery

Batman- Joker, Harley quinn ,catwoman, soloman grundy, Bane.

Superman - Luther,Doomsday,Lobo.

Flash - Killer frost.

Aquaman - none

Wonder Woman - Ares.

Nightwing, Revan,Cyborg- Deathstroke.

Hawk Girl - none

Cptn Marvel - Black Adam.

Hal Jordan -Sinestro.

Green Arrow - none

Avatar image for mightyrearranger
mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@cerberusprime3k said:

The only problem for me was that most of the villains were from Batman's rogues gallery

Batman- Joker, Harley quinn ,catwoman, soloman grundy, Bane.

Superman - Luther,Doomsday,Lobo.

Flash - Killer frost.

Aquaman - none

Wonder Woman - Ares.

Nightwing, Revan,Cyborg- Deathstroke.

Hawk Girl - none

Cptn Marvel - Black Adam.

Hal Jordan -Sinestro.

Green Arrow - none

Solomon Grundy is an Alan Scott/JSA villain.

Avatar image for mightyrearranger
mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

General_Disarray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First you have my attention! Second if this is you snarky little way to make an attempt at saying something intelligent, go back to the drawing board , your fail is epic.Third , umm what question? Fourth and final, and I'm being nice because technically, it's three strikes and you're out. Here we go, you missed the whole point of the topic, and do even understand what you're trying to say, without going to Rambleville, USA.

The question I'm referring to was the one that's in the title of the topic lol. Which part of what I said were you struggling to understand? Let me simplify for you. If there was only one white character in the game I wouldn't be annoyed about the race balance I'd be annoyed because it would mean no Batman, Superman etc. If they chose characters based on getting even amount of black, white, Asian, tall, skinny, brown eyed, green eyed characters then the roster would be terrible.

papabearg4d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By papabearg4d

I could also say there isnt any bisexual or transgender or transexual character in the game. What are the odds that there is an indian in the game? Or native indian? Is there a chinese? Im not being racist but if you are going to argue why there is only one black character, then look at the comic book industry than just getting angry because there is one black character in the game. There is more to it than just racism. If i get what you are trying to say.

General_Disarray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papabearg4d: I agree, exactly my point.

@evilvegeta74: Culture and race aren't mutually exclusive and if you want to see more 'culture' then a comic book fighting game doesn't seem like the right place to look anyway lol.

Also lmao at you sending me abusive PMs, calm down it's just a discussion, no need to throw a tantrum.

SNascimento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of WW amazon is black!

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By evilvegeta74

@evilvegeta74: Culture and race aren't mutually exclusive and if you want to see more 'culture' then a comic book fighting game doesn't seem like the right place to look anyway lol.

Also lmao at you sending me abusive PMs, calm down it's just a discussion, no need to throw a tantrum.

You are so right, I'll just overlook your statement.

I could also say there isnt any bisexual or transgender or transexual character in the game. What are the odds that there is an indian in the game? Or native indian? Is there a chinese? Im not being racist but if you are going to argue why there is only one black character, then look at the comic book industry than just getting angry because there is one black character in the game. There is more to it than just racism. If i get what you are trying to say.

I have a thread where you can talk about the very things you mentioned.This isn't the thread for it, try this one: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/who-would-you-want-as-a-dlc-injustice-gods-among-u-1456683/#38

Avatar image for themasterblaster
themasterblaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm black guy and I HATE tokenism and bean counting. There aren't more black characters for the same reason there aren't more Puerto Rican midgets; there just are not as many popular characters of that demographic.
Static Shock and Black Lightning are not well-known enough, IMHO.

That said, I have other issues with the roster. It really feels like the marketing department made a lot of the decisions. Literally more than a fourth of the characters are Batman characters. It feels like the suits at NRS / DC said "Well, Batman is popular, and Superman is coming out. Lets go with Zod, a bunch of Batman characters, and a random MK character for the lulz." I mean, few DC fans would pick Batgirl over MMH. Few would see Harley as preferable to Supergirl / Powergirl or Atroticus.

papabearg4d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@general_disarray said:

@papabearg4d said:

I have a thread where you can talk about the very things you mentioned.This isn't the thread for it, try this one: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/who-would-you-want-as-a-dlc-injustice-gods-among-u-1456683/#38

I'll check out the thread, but this is also a thread for it as culture and/or ethnicity is being talked about. But I'm glad some people agreed with me.

I'm black guy and I HATE tokenism and bean counting. There aren't more black characters for the same reason there aren't more Puerto Rican midgets; there just are not as many popular characters of that demographic.

That said, I have other issues with the roster. It really feels like the marketing department made a lot of the decisions. Literally more than a fourth of the characters are Batman characters. It feels like the suits at NRS / DC said "Well, Batman is popular, and Superman is coming out. Lets go with Zod, a bunch of Batman characters, and a random MK character for the lulz." I mean, few DC fans would pick Batgirl over MMH. Few would see Harley as preferable to Supergirl / Powergirl or Atroticus.

Agreed. The game is a platform for marketing characters. There are more popular characters because people who don't read comic books know who Batman is or who Batgirl is but if you ask them who Static Shock is or Atrocitus, they wouldn't have any clue. Its nice to see someone looking at a bigger picture. Kudos to you my friend.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evilvegeta74 said:

@general_disarray said:

@papabearg4d said:

I'll check out the thread, but this is also a thread for it as culture and/or ethnicity is being talked about. But I'm glad some people agreed with me.

@themasterblaster said:

Agreed. The game is a platform for marketing characters. There are more popular characters because people who don't read comic books know who Batman is or who Batgirl is but if you ask them who Static Shock is or Atrocitus, they wouldn't have any clue. Its nice to see someone looking at a bigger picture. Kudos to you my friend.

Let me see, seriously! For the record Static is known, and out of the characters you mentioned personally, none can boast that they had their own cartoon, except Batman! Static can, as a matter of fact half the characters on the Injustice game can't even say they had their own cartoon like Static. I seen to remember another character , umm, what was his name, um , oh, John Stewart on the JL and JLU cartoons that many were fond of. A matter of fact Dc was gonna kill the character off a while back but people protested that. Don't get started on why people know these so less popular character according to you and others like minded.

CampodelViolin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By CampodelViolin

So, you basically don´t care about what character they introduce to the game, the only important thing to you, is this character has to be black... How is that not racist?

In that case why don't you claim the same about asians, latinos, etc?

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, you basically don´t care about what character they introduce to the game, the only important thing to you, is this character has to be black... How is that not racist?

In that case why don't you claim the same about asians, latinos, etc?

If you would only read the topic of the thread and what was said, secondly, can you recite where I said that or post that?, or you you just don't understand what's being said here? Oh yeah yeah once again read through the thread and you will once again see I've posted a link for whatever type of character you wanna see in the game here: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/who-would-you-want-as-a-dlc-injustice-gods-among-u-1456683/#38 Please read what's going on before you go all gung ho, it' will save you a lot of wind. In the famous words of GI Joe " Knowing is half the battle". Read first!

papabearg4d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papabearg4d said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@general_disarray said:

@papabearg4d said:

@themasterblaster said:

Let me see, seriously! For the record Static is known, and out of the characters you mentioned personally, none can boast that they had their own cartoon, except Batman! Static can, as a matter of fact half the characters on the Injustice game can't even say they had their own cartoon like Static. I seen to remember another character , umm, what was his name, um , oh, John Stewart on the JL and JLU cartoons that many were fond of. A matter of fact Dc was gonna kill the character off a while back but people protested that. Don't get started on why people know these so less popular character according to you and others like minded.

Just because a character had his own cartoon show doesn't mean his popular. At the end of the day, most people (non-comic book reader) would not have Static Shock on top of their heads when asked about any DC heroes. That's what I was trying to say when I said they wouldn't have a clue. As far as I know, this game was not created for comic book fans alone. He is one of the lesser known characters on DC universe.

John Stewart is a well known character compared to Static Shock. Why is he not in the game, I don't know. Would I like to see him in the game? Absolutely! As for the news before that they were going to kill him, I was one of those who protested. Not because he is a black character and we need more black heroes, but rather he is one of the characters I like in DC. People seemed to go straight to ethnicity just because a black character was going to be killed off (unless DC was actually killing him because he is black, please correct me if I'm wrong, I would appreciate it since I may have missed some details).

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papabearg4d: Let me ask you this, do you know what the topic is here? I really don't think you do! Go to the beginning of the thread and find out what's going on instead of trying to jump in on somebodies conversation that has zero to do with you. John Stewart and Static were brought up for specific reason that supports what I was stating to the particular individual I was in a conversation with. I don't know why you came in trying to analyze, or correct me on what I'm stating. Read the topic of the thread and opening statement.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Lobo is black.