Oldest Marvel, and DC Characters?

Eldest808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 40

#1  Edited By Eldest808

Okay guys i am currently making a list of the oldest beings in Comics that go past 110 years. I know that Galactus is the oldest being in existence since he survived the extinction of the previous universe but what about other characters?

http://www.ranker.com/list/oldest-beings-in-the-universe/graser20?limit=25

On my list i believe i have most of the known "immortals", but i would like to rank them from oldest to youngest if its possible. I would also like to include Humans, and Mutants like Wolverine, and Captain America who are young compared to these Gods, but are still older than most of the Marvel, and DC Universe. And if you know the true age or an estimated age of the characters please tell me.

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/eldest808/lists/oldest-beings-in-the-universe/47824/

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2 the_stegman  Moderator

Vandal Savage is probably the oldest human in DC.

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Ahh, you mean chrono age, not publish age.

If you count it as a "person", the Phoenix Force is much older then Galactus, since it existed at the beggining of the universe. Galactus wasnt fully grown for a few million years

Selene is the oldest mutant in Marvel, having been born in 17 000 bce, roughly the mid hyborian age. She beats Apocalypse "the first mutant" by about 11 000 years.

Thor is the oldest Avenger, hanging out with Vikings as early as 700 bce

Wolverine is the oldest X-Man, having been born in the late 1800's.

And I think Cap is the oldest living human, being in his late 20's in 1940, and still being in his physical prime today.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By longbowhunter

I think Namor is pretty old.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@eldest808: What specific age group are you looking for?

Eldest808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 40

@rd189 said:

Ya. I got most of the cosmic beings in the two universes listed. I was wondering if there were any that i am missing.

Avatar image for deactivated-652b01b81dedd
deactivated-652b01b81dedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eternity. Bam.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rd189 said:

If you count it as a "person", the Phoenix Force is much older then Galactus, since it existed at the beggining of the universe. Galactus wasnt fully grown for a few million years

But Galactus existed before the beginning of the universe. He witnessed the big bang.

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greatcaesarsghost: True but he wasn't yet Galactus at the time, he was still Galan. He only became Galactus after he merged with that universe's Eternity, and it took several million years for him to evolve to that state. The Phoenix Entity was born at the exact moment of the big bang.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rd189 said:

@greatcaesarsghost: True but he wasn't yet Galactus at the time, he was still Galan. He only became Galactus after he merged with that universe's Eternity, and it took several million years for him to evolve to that state. The Phoenix Entity was born at the exact moment of the big bang.

Fair enough, but I would argue that Galan and Galactus are synonymous in the case of determining age.