• 69 results
Iron_Lad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Iron_Lad

What a depressing thread. A superhero should always have at least some form of income coming in whether that be a day job or a night job. They need to work too. Only lazy super-heroes will end up homeless.

stuamerica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By stuamerica

I'm surprised this hasn't been pushed harder.  Any job that can pay the bills is 50+ hours a week with hardly any vacation time.  If you are a super hero outside of Tony Stark's wealth or an Avengers stipend, when do you have time to work and save people?  Not to mention, it's not like jobs are easy to come by anymore.  At least half of the super-types should be on the streets or in shelters when you think about it.  This is an area that should be explored more in depth.  Though, possibly in a couple of years when the economy is stronger and our need for escapism a little less.

Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#53  Edited By Jotham

Now I'm sad.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#54  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Remember This Hobo?
Remember This Hobo?
reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By reactor

Dang. It hurts to see a grown man cry, especially after reading that caption. I feel all depressed now.

Comiclove5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By Comiclove5

Very sad about D-Man.

SuperTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By SuperTide

Sounds silly(not the article) to me. Why wouldn't the other super heroes pitch together and give him a lot of money? Why couldn't at least ONE other super hero let him stay at their place? Heck Bruce Wayne could set them up at his mansion.

Bullseye1930

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Bullseye1930

I can actually relate 100% to D-Man's problem. I was a volunteer fireman for 4 years. Other than free training I never recieved any payment for what I did. I ended getting hooked on it. The adrenaline rush you get from fighting a house fire just can't be topped. As long as I wasn't at work I never missed a call. This lead to alot of missed sleep and poor performance at work. It took awhile to realise I needed to look out for myself as well as others. Problem was when that happened i'd already lost a very good paying job. Between the poor economy and always going on calls it took awhile before I found a new job. I wasn't homeless but VERY close. When I finally swallowed my pride and moved back home I was down to renting a place I couldn't afford utilities for and was living off ramen noodles, tuna, and vitamins.  I've got a new job now and things are certainly better than they were but the whole thing with D-Man really speaks to me after my own experience.
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By gmanfromheck
Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#60  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

(Fix)

GL 2411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#61  Edited By GL 2411
@G-Man: 

Thanks!
Labeeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Labeeb

Thanks, G-Man :)

Radread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#63  Edited By Radread

D-man has been portrayed as a very down on his luck hero who always does the right thing, yet never has his own home to call his own. It's a sad story and Stark and Steve Rogers could help him more than ever now.

Veidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Veidt

I think those less fortunate should try and become part of a better estabilished team, with headquarters and all, share the situation with them. I mean, c'mon, they are heroes, they look like the sort who would help a fellow hero, they help people they don't even know and always on a daily basis.
Something else came up to mind now, I don't know if this has been tried in a history before, but: with so many heroes out there that are orphans, why don't they try to raise an orphanage? They could help the world by setting a close example for those kids in need, caring for them and all. Sure, they would be sure targets to super villains, but that's something for the writers to turn into a good story!

Avatar image for darkwolverineusmc
darkwolverineUSMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 4

Ouch. This artical hurts a little. But it makes a good point. Several heroes were homeless. Wolverine spent much of his life as a nomad, wandering from place to place, living bottle to bottle and off freinds he's made over the countless years he's lived. Eddie Brock's done the same living as a hobbo while fighting crime as Venom, and so did countless other heroes. Heck, Wolverine still likes to hang out in ally ways and he's got a perfectly good room and board back on utopia,(final issue of origins). Seeing D-man like this is depressing. I believe some sort of fund needs to be establishd by the heroes of the Marvel universe. If the Mutants can establish their own island, then certainly the Avengers could spear head such an event. Tony Stark could fund it, Bruce Banner's got his stuff together so he could help, and numerous other heroes could chip in. D-man deserves better, and Captain America should definitely help.
wangbumaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#66  Edited By wangbumaximus

Is Bruce Banner homeless also? How come Marvel or many of the character's writer fail to explore the extent of the Hulk's state of homelessness?

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#67  Edited By jordama

D-Man makes me so sad now...

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#68  Edited By TDK_1997

I'm sorry for D-man

JMWRainwater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#69  Edited By JMWRainwater

I agree with @Journey Into Chaos: , asking heroes to register does cause too many problems. 

The only possible good thing that could come from it might be a discouragement to the occasional kid who tries to put on a cape and fly, but even then that's speculation and far too rare an instance. 

I know we ask our soldiers to register and whatnot, and even though heroes are not above the law, the government has its own ideals and agenda in mind rather than the already successful pursuits of the hero. Corruption & manipulation are inevitable.