Not as many people will go to see the Justice League movies

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What concerns me is, Marvel is saturating the market with this genre of films, and people might grow tired of it in general.Once JL finally comes out not as many people will be interested YES it will always make money no matter what but what Im saying is eventually its not going to be making that much revenue nor that amount that Avengers made when it comes out.What do you guys think?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I don't care as long as it's good

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Respectfully, I think you are wrong.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After all of Marvel's crappy films are released (ant man and gaurdians of the galaxy) people will be happy for a movie like justice league

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@jayc1324: You already saw Ant Man and GOTG? That's pretty cool

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Will see that the day that MoS 2 comes, they say they gonna put it to compete against a Marvel Phase 3 movie.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

After all of Marvel's crappy films are released (ant man and gaurdians of the galaxy) people will be happy for a movie like justice league

Don't judge a film before it comes out.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket: I usually don't but sometimes you just know a movie will be crap

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: believe it or not i thought Iron Man 1 was going to be meh. I was way wrong but after that I learned to give it a chance before I say anything.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MakkyD

@jayc1324: Due to the fact that Edgar Wright, a well-respected filmmaker, is directing one? Otherwise do tell, why you'd think either would fail?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 the_stegman  Moderator

I don't care, /I'll/ want to see it, and my opinion is all that matters.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket: Yeah sometimes we can be wrong about films but sometimes you can be right as well. For example most people knew I, Frankenstein was going to suck before it came out, and it did suck

MarlboroMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Warning! Warning! Extremely biased DC fanboy alert!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: Because I do not think that either will have a good story or be something that will capture the attention of general audiences, especially since they're not that famous. I think it will be like the daredevil movie or the green lantern movie. A good attempt but not exactly a good movie

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will see any comic book movie in the cinema. FACT!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marlboroman: False. I actually think the avengers age of ultron will be decent, which is why I didn't mention it, and DC isn't having any movies until 2015 so I didn't have any DC movies to call crappy that will be out before then. I think some DC movies are crappy too. Just because I insult a movie marvel is making does not make me biased

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel dun gud. Unlike DC.

DoctorXander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

It will get seen regardless, Batman vs Superman (still waiting on the title) is going to be one of the most watched movies of 2015/16 whenever its expected to come out, and Man of Steel has already done quite well at the box office, so it should be safe. I don't expect however that it will make as much money as the Avengers

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

I don't think so...

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MakkyD

@jayc1324: So Justice League will be brilliant based on that it stars Batman? That worked well for Batman and Robin... Ditto for Superman and Superman IV.

Also, how would you know they'll have a bad story already? Edgar Wright is a critically acclaimed screenwriter.

MarlboroMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MarlboroMan

@jayc1324: Yes it does make you extremely biased if there is not even a trailer of the movie you call crappy

comedy_brosUSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What concerns me is, Marvel is saturating the market with this genre of films, and people might grow tired of it in general.Once JL finally comes out not as many people will be interested YES it will always make money no matter what but what Im saying is eventually its not going to be making that much revenue nor that amount that Avengers made when it comes out.What do you guys think?

yeah. you are right. that was my theory. even though Avengers(in the comics) stole the idea from JL, the movie of the Avengers was made 1st, and that's all that matters in this situation. even if JL blows away Avengers, people will still think of it as a copycat film.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comedy_brosusa: Originally, it was actually Fantastic Four that was actually inspired by JL, bizarre as that sounds.

Avatar image for supermanslayert1000
SupermanSlayerT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt if this is true. How can anyone predict that? Not to mention how popular the characters in JL are.

comedy_brosUSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd said:

@comedy_brosusa: Originally, it was actually Fantastic Four that was actually inspired by JL, bizarre as that sounds.

yeah. but not a lot of people know about that. I mean avengers is kind of OUT THERE OBVIOUS

Avatar image for supermanslayert1000
SupermanSlayerT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I miss the old shows.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marlboroman: I meant that I think it will be crappy. That's not being biased it is making a prediction. And that prediction is not based in the fact that the movie is being made by Marvel. Marvel is dominating DC in live action every since the end of The dark knight trilogy. I just dont have high expectations for the two films i listed. Therefore I am not a biased DC fan like you said.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I disagree.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: It won't be brilliant because of batman and superman being in it but it will be a box office success because of the fame of those two. Fame that ant man and the guardians don't have.

And I just don't see ant man and guardians having good plots. Most superhero movies dont. That's just me and my opinion though. If you think they will be great movies, don't let me stop you :p

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

I think a lot of people will go to see the Justice League movie, sure the Batman vs Superman/Trinity movie will take a lot away from it. But if Batman and Superman are two films together then I'm sure a lot will. Besides the Justice League is completely different from the Avengers.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Dratini1331

I'm not sure if less people will go to see it, but I have doubts of its quality. It's also true that the movie is more than likely going to be pretty average. It's mostly due to the way Hollywood works. They just pick a movie that made money and try to recreate the same one, rather than try to innovate. Sometimes it works, but for the most part the huge slew of movies tend to have more average ones than good ones.

They don't think about why people like the movies so much as they think people will just enjoy any movie with the same characters or genre.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#34  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman are still the 3 most iconic heroes/heroine ever. That's never going to change.

People will go out to see the movie. Especially if BvS is good.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If there's one movie that can contend with the Avengers and possibly gross more, its the Justice League.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Justice League needs to come out 1 or 2 years after MoS 2, They can do a JL war scenario for that movie.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont think you guys understand what im saying.Of course you guys will go see it you all are comicbook fans.Im talking about the general public most people went to see The Avengers because it's never been done before, right now is the best time for the superhero flicks/genre.But after 2 more Avengers films I think the general public will grow tired of all the superhero films in my opinion.Yes people will still go see them regardless, but The public will simply grow tired of Marvel characters, and flock to see the MoS sequel; or they'll tire of comic book adaptations altogether, and will want a new genre of films to fill their interests.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It doesn't have to be a billion dollar movie to be successful. As long as they keep a fair budget, and it is good, I'll be happy.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first mistake is implying people will get sick superhero movies due marvel flooding the market, it would only mean that marvel burnout.

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By CF12793

I think people will always have a strong desire to see a Justice League movie made. The cultural significance of these characters has never been higher, I mean they've been a team for over 40 years. No matter what era we live in, I think that a Justice League movie would be successful regardless.

Also, you young kids don't often realize that Marvel heroes were not very popular before the Movies came along. DC had the more popular characters for a very long time, because they were better with marketing and Television. With the exception of well known characters who had broken into other mediums like the Hulk and Spider-Man, not a lot of people were aware of the significant Marvel heroes. I know it sounds hard to believe, but that was the case throughout the 80's and 90's. If you asked a random person on the street who Captain America was, they most likely wouldn't be able to give you an answer. Things have come a drastically long way since then.

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Jack Donaghy

@flameboy298 said:

I dont think you guys understand what im saying.Of course you guys will go see it you all are comicbook fans.Im talking about the general public most people went to see The Avengers because it's never been done before, right now is the best time for the superhero flicks/genre.But after 2 more Avengers films I think the general public will grow tired of all the superhero films in my opinion.Yes people will still go see them regardless, but The public will simply grow tired of Marvel characters, and flock to see the MoS sequel; or they'll tire of comic book adaptations altogether, and will want a new genre of films to fill their interests.

I disagree Superman and Batman transcend simply being superheroes, they're apart of pop culture. Not to take anything away from the MCU but other than Spider-Man no Marvel character transcends the genre itself. I know people who don't even think of Batman and Superman movies as superhero movies they just see them as Batman and Superman movies. Just like no one sees Star Wars films as "just another sci-fi movie" they see it as "a new Star Wars movie." If anything there being more MCU movies released could potentially make people sick of Marvel not DC. IMO DC's biggest advantage is that their 2 biggest characters (Superman and Batman) are bigger than the genre they came from.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The success of JL largely depends on how Superman vs Batman recieved. If it does well (financially and with fan opinion), it will create excitement and anticipation for the JL movie.

LP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#44  Edited By Saren

Every single person in this thread will watch it. Don't kid yourselves otherwise.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

A lot of people will go and see it.Not as many as those who went to see the Avengers but I don't think that DC should be trying to follow Marvel's footsteps with the Avengers.