New Thor help!!!

INFINITE_DOOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I am writing about the new Thor for my school paper, and i would really appreciate if i could get peoples review of the book and their all around opinion about the subject.

I would prefer legit Thor fans, but any one's opinion is welcomed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

almost everyone likes it, the only ones are the ones pissed cus its another non perminate change or they don't like that its a woman, but thats outside dislikes and not actual problems with the issue

here is a thread where i asked people to rate the issue

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/rate-thor-1-1607066/

when you do this paper make sure you present the exact facts of the book and make sure you read it yourself first.

personally liked it alot, im fine with the changes, wish esad ribic was drawing it but the art is damn good anyway.

Leif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Leif

@movieartman: Why didn't you post the Official site Review?

http://www.comicvine.com/reviews/thor-1/1900-3480/

(clearly not everybody Happy)

Even in your Topic, the meh classification has more votes why do you say that everyone like it?

Thor fans have problems with it, like myself, and is not because the Female stuff, Thor is the character original name, and this change was based on a stupid whisper that no one knows the content, if you go read the Thor topics many people have problems with this change!

http://www.comicvine.com/thor/4005-2268/forums/new-thor-spoiler-talk-1607101/#66

I have to read the next issues to know in what circumstances the worthy female will call herself Thor and who is she!

But the first issue was really meh like in your topic results!

INFINITE_DOOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares poor use of words on my part :l I guess i mean people who have fallowed Thor for a while, and have a passion for the character :)

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares poor use of words on my part :l I guess i mean people who have fallowed Thor for a while, and have a passion for the character :)

Which Thor are you referring to? The female one? Or the male?

INFINITE_DOOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@movieartman Thanks for the link :D

I am also ok with the changes, and enjoyed the read , but i do understand where the nay sayers are coming from.

Ribic's art is F'n God like

INFINITE_DOOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ariesxmasters The Thor legacy in general, so Thor Odinson, the Prince of Asgard

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i consider thor and his universe to be my absolute favorite in comics, ive been reading thor sense 07, have bought every issue of every ongoing sense then and most mini's related to him i went back and bought all the deodato & dan jurgens stuff.

i have not yet had the time or money to get the simonson stuff but i know the key point of it and everything but thor-frog sounds awesome.

@movieartman Thanks for the link :D

I am also ok with the changes, and enjoyed the read , but i do understand where the nay sayers are coming from.

Ribic's art is F'n God like

indeed it is

@leif said:

@movieartman:

1.) Even in your Topic, the meh classification has more votes why do you say that everyone like it?

2.) Thor fans have problems with it, like myself, and is not because the Female stuff, Thor is the character original name, and this change was based on a stupid whisper that no one knows the content, if you go read the Thor topics many people have problems with this change!

1.) every single full review i have read for it, has been good to great :/

2.) its just mind blowing to me that you guys can not wrap your minds around the fact that she is taking his persona, and by default his name, he is a god, his name is more than someone like steve or tony, it is a title as much as it is a name, if she was calling herself thor odinson you would have a point but just thor...

its like in jason and the argonauts there was a character named hercules who was of course not the son of zeus but he was still known for his surprising strength, and became one with the title dew to it, despite not being the original being.

Juke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

@squares said:

@infinite_doom: Legit Thor fans? What does that even mean?

It's almost self-explanatory isn't it?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@juke: I suppose the key word there would be almost. People have different definitions of 'legit fan'.

Leif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@movieartman: But she has her own name hasn't she? mjolnir gives you the power of Thor not his name! like i said above "i want to know in what circumstances the worthy female will call herself Thor"!

You can't deny the Thor fans negative reaction to this change, they are all over comicvine and i don't read everything yet, i read Marvel Thor and other comics incarnations and some texts from the Eddas, i really like Thor and his mythology!

You don't know what was the whisper content, that was the motive for this change, until we get to know that, we should be more cautious in the reviews!

If you really read Thor and know his morals and personalty explain me how a whisper takes down a character that his ultimate goal is to die in combat with bravery and honor?

That being said i m reading the new book but i have my doubts about this story (Whisper), i think this was more for the female publicity, not the story itself, until now seems forced this change! But as Thor fan i m reading it!

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leif said:

@movieartman:

1.) But she has her own name hasn't she?

2.) if you really read Thor and know his morals and personalty explain me how a whisper takes down a character that his ultimate goal is to die in combat with bravery and honor

3.) i think this was more for the female publicity

1.) she clearly intends to keep it a secret for now

2.) it was mabye a trigger word that allowed him to remember some crime he commited in the past?

3.) if that was the case i don't think she would have had only 1 real page in the book.

INFINITE_DOOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leif Do you believe this change is more pushed by Marvel as a pr stunt; even though, Jason Aaron stated that this was his plan since he started Thor: God of Thunder ?

Leif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leif said:

@movieartman:

1.) But she has her own name hasn't she?

2.) if you really read Thor and know his morals and personalty explain me how a whisper takes down a character that his ultimate goal is to die in combat with bravery and honor

3.) i think this was more for the female publicity

1.) she clearly intends to keep it a secret for now

2.) it was mabye a trigger word that allowed him to remember some crime he commited in the past?

3.) if that was the case i don't think she would have had only 1 real page in the book.

01) That wasn't Aaron Original plan (read his first words on this change in the post bellow)

02) doesn't fit in the character past personality!

03) Series writer Jason Aaron emphasizes, “This is not She-Thor. This is not Lady Thor. This is not Thorita. This is THOR. This is the THOR of the Marvel Universe. But it’s unlike any Thor we’ve ever seen before.”More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/comics/22875/marvel_proudly_presents_thor#ixzz3FUQLAZ00

I still think that the female publicity was the main goal, hope that we still get a good story!

But as Thor fan do you understand my doubts about this new Book?

@leif Do you believe this change is more pushed by Marvel as a pr stunt; even though, Jason Aaron stated that this was his plan since he started Thor: God of Thunder ?

This change wasn't at the same time that Captain America and Iron Man changes? Coincidence?

I love marvel Thor and i love Aaron TGOT run, and i really want to believe in him but after that whisper in OS7, he's writing hasn't convince me that this scrip was planed from the beginning!

This words are also from Jason Aaron!

"By the time we get to "Thor" #1 you'll have seen the answer to that. You'll see why Thor has become unworthy. We'll talk about that again in "Thor" #1."

This didn't happen...I start to think that Aaron isn't confident with the Whisper plot that is the basis to this change!

INFINITE_DOOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leif I remember him saying that in his interview, and being surprised and confused with the "whisper" as the answer.

Will you keep picking up the book? why or why not?

Leif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leif I remember him saying that in his interview, and being surprised and confused with the "whisper" as the answer.

Will you keep picking up the book? why or why not?

Marvel and Aaron are doing their homework, they don't reveal the whisper, because that could ruined right away the rest of the run sales, and also don't reveal the identity of the worthy female to make sure that we keep calling her female Thor, and not by her real name like for example Freyja.

The mantle profile that marvel wants to make of their version of Thor, if not done right with a grounded story, could be instantly ridiculous, this is not like change Captain America Steve Rogers to Falcon or Bucky, Thor is a birth name, and even if unworthy Odinson will always be called Thor and always be the God of Thunder, so i think we need more story to know if this change makes sense!

That being said, if Aaron doesn't reveal anything until issue 5 about the whisper, i will assume that this change was only for the publicity and his story has no grounded plot, i will not wait for the end of the run for answers, because knowing the character past history and values, i can't understand how a whisper makes him unworthy!

I hope i was able to help You. :)