UPDATE: New Report Claims That WONDER WOMAN Is A "Discombobulated" Mess Like BATMAN v SUPERMAN

• 101 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CaptainSalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CaptainSalt
No Caption Provided

It begins again....

The folks over at Schmoes Know tend to be a little hit and miss in terms of scoops, but this one is well worth paying attention to seeing as it lines up with so much of what we've heard about Wonder Woman recently. One of the team claims to have heard from an insider that the movie is a mess, and worryingly, that same person told them the exact same thing about Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice some time ago. Here's the exact quote from them:

"So, I don't want to throw anyone under the bus. We have somebody within our community who has gotten insider information that broke my effing heart this week, because I have tremendous belief that Wonder Woman is gonna be awesome and I heard it stinks from the same person who told me that they heard that BvS stinks...The person who I spoke to...their response was 'I'm very disappointed in what I saw, and it seems like all the problems are the same problems. It's discombobulated, it doesn't have narrative flow. It's just very disjointed." That doesn't sound good!

It's best to take this with a pinch of salt for the time being, of course, but Wonder Woman was pretty much finished by the time Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad were released, so it's unlikely Warner Bros. could change it all that much after the response to those movies. Time will tell, but if this is a disappointment, then all eyes will be on Justice League when it's released next November. Should that also prove to be a letdown, then the DC Films Universe will be in serious crisis by the end of 2017.

UPDATE:

For anyone interested it's at the 1:41:00 mark...

Light1150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Light1150

I'll just wait for the movie. I don't believe rumors especially when their is ish like this

https://mobile.twitter.com/GBRIELGRY/status/820675931878653952

It's just a guessing gam more or less

For anyone wanting to know he says he has heard good things on Wonder Woman.

Yarva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol......its u again

CaptainSalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yarva: I'll do you one better. When I get off work I'm updating the thread with the video this came from.

Yarva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

BigBadBastich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a rumour.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10 the_stegman  Moderator

I knew who posted this before I even clicked.

comic_fan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I am one with the force, the force is with me
I am one with the force, the force is with me

I don't know. I have hope, things should be fine. I'm more worried about JL than I am about Wondy. I have a feeling this will be DC's year. WB's just gotta have faith in it's projects.

CaptainSalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CaptainSalt

@yarva: for anyone interested it's at the 1:41:00 mark in the video yarva posted when she talks about WW. It's pretty interesting really.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oui Vey. More rumors of the next DCEU movie being terrible huh. C'mon sell me another one...What are going tell me next, that fire isn't wet? Whatever you say pal'y

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Just a rumor. Even if Wonder Woman is a mess, I wouldn't credit it to someone referenced by Sasha Perl Raver (however you spell her name)

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Asgaard

In the end there is no source here, and that makes it far from being the same that for ex. what Drew McWeeny said before the release of B v S...

Wonder Woman like so many other movies may end up being great, but if we make an objective analysis to...

Directed byPatty Jenkins
Produced by
Screenplay by
Story by
  • Zack Snyder
  • Allan Heinberg
Based onWonder Woman
by William Moulton Marston
Starring

- Jenkins till now never directed big movies like Wonder Woman... WB seems to not have a very good support teams behind the directors...

- The producers of Wonder Woman are basically the same of B v S...

- The screenplay & story should have in the credits (at least) one solid film writer...

- The cast of Wonder Woman lacks some star power, and the lead never proved that she could carry a movie like this...

- Wonder Woman lost Michelle Maclaren and at one point had the film writer Jason Fuchs attached to this project...

So... Everything can happen, yes other not very organized productions in the past worked, but if Wonder Woman ends up being a very disappointing movie, will not be one of those situations where can be said that there were no indicators of that possibility...

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Spambot

I've already come to expect nothing but sub par movies from the dceu with the exception that I have higher expectations for Affleck's Bat movie. Everything else will prob be ok at best. Not that Marvel movies are always great but they've had quite a few that were better than ok and I think a lot of movies they release in the next two years will be also.

Avatar image for nthmetalwarrior
NthMetalWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why isnt RookieSalt banned yet?

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

My expectations are lowered, but I'll see it anyway.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided
Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why isnt RookieSalt banned yet?

Because being overtly biased is frowned upon. But is still not against any rules.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Don't believe these rumours, guys. All it is, is "he said she said."

I'm not saying that Wonder Woman won't be a mess, it probably will be, but this article is not a precursor to whether or not that will be the case.

This is a much stronger argument for why Wonder Woman could end up being bad. An actual analysis as opposed to "he said she said.":

@asgaard said:

In the end there is no source here, and that makes it far from being the same that for ex. what Drew McWeeny said before the release of B v S...

Wonder Woman like so many other movies may end up being great, but if we make an objective analysis to...

Directed byPatty Jenkins
Produced by
Screenplay by
Story by
  • Zack Snyder
  • Allan Heinberg
Based onWonder Woman
Starring

- Jenkins till now never directed big movies like Wonder Woman... WB seems to not have a very good support teams behind the directors...

- The screenplay & story should have in the credits (at least) one solid film writer...

- The cast of Wonder Woman lacks some star power, and the lead never proved that she could carry a movie like this...

- Wonder Woman lost Michelle Maclaren and at one point had the film writer Jason Fuchs attached to this project...

So... Everything can happen, yes other not very organized productions in the past worked, but if Wonder Woman ends up being a very disappointing movie, will not be one of those situations where can be said that there were no indicators of that possibility...

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The trailers look good to me, of course that means nothing. We'll see, but the DCEU doesn't need this movie to be good, I think they more need JL to be good. If not, they can just reboot. Despite what one reads on CV, WB does not run their business solely on the DCEU.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The trailers look good to me, of course that means nothing. We'll see, but the DCEU doesn't need this movie to be good, I think they more need JL to be good. If not, they can just reboot. Despite what one reads on CV, WB does not run their business solely on the DCEU.

They need both of them to be good. But I agree the one they need most to be good is Justice League.

Avatar image for deactivated-5caa8c47e8598
deactivated-5caa8c47e8598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Seems to not be very reliable.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

Directed byPatty Jenkins
Produced by
Screenplay by
Story by
  • Zack Snyder
  • Allan Heinberg
Based onWonder Woman
Starring

WAIT WAIT WAIT. Hold the phone here. Are you telling me one of the producers is named Richard Suckle? .... As in Dick Suckle? Someone named their child Dick Suckle.

.... They must have hated him so much.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doubt it.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

Directed byPatty Jenkins
Produced by
Screenplay by
Story by
  • Zack Snyder
  • Allan Heinberg
Based onWonder Woman
Starring

WAIT WAIT WAIT. Hold the phone here. Are you telling me one of the producers is named Richard Suckle? .... As in Dick Suckle? Someone named their child Dick Suckle.

.... They must have hated him so much.

Haha xD

No Caption Provided

Seems to not be very reliable.

Well, there you go.

Specored

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We can't wait till the movie comes out?

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@specored said:

We can't wait till the movie comes out?

Didn't work the last 3 films. We now think that if we can predict the next film being bad, things will be different :)

arkbound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MARVEL IS HERE TO SUPPRESS THE EPIC BOX OFFICE SMASH THAT WILL BE WONDER WOMAN <- dc fan conspiracy

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

I knew who posted this before I even clicked.

OneWithReason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By OneWithReason

Lies! Just all Lies I say.. I'm willing to give DC a chance with any movie.. they can't be worse than Fox whom of which has obliterated the Xmen in my opinion. Im rooting for Wonder Woman and Synder

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
deactivated-5967bf6197d40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:

I've already come to expect nothing but sub par movies from the dceu with the exception that I have higher expectations for Affleck's Bat movie. Everything else will prob be ok at best. Not that Marvel movies are always great but they've had quite a few that were better than ok and I think a lot of movies they release in the next two years will be also.

Pretty much.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scott_summers52: @theamazingspidey: All they clarified is that it wasn't an employee that saw the movie which if you watch the video she says she heard from someone who saw the movie and they said it was bad who in turn was her same source that said BvS was bad. That tweet doesn't debunk the rumor being said at all just the notion that it was a SK employee who saw the movie which they haven't.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scott_summers52: @theamazingspidey: All they clarified is that it wasn't an employee that saw the movie which if you watch the video she says she heard from someone who saw the movie and they said it was bad who in turn was her same source that said BvS was bad. That tweet doesn't debunk the rumor being said at all just the notion that it was a SK employee who saw the movie which they haven't.

Fair enough.

Just because they said BvS is bad and it actually turned out to be, doesn't mean they actually had an inside source. It could just mean they guessed Dawn of Justice would be bad, and it was (which isn't a far fetched guess).

Here: I have an inside source who told me Transformers: The Last Knight will be bad. Come back to me on the 23rd of June, everyone.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hope not.

I was looking forward to this one.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I've found Collider/Schmoes to be a reliable source of info since I started watching them last year. They called it on BvS and Finstock even saw the cuts of Suicide Squad as part of one of the focus groups and said it was a mess months in advance. If they say Wonder Woman is a mess, I feel inclined to believe them.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: I never said anyone should take it seriously just that the tweet didn't debunk anything. And people who tend to spread fake sources like that tend to start getting a rep of doing that and people start to ignore them for example El Maybe himself Umberto Gonzalez. That being said we'll most likely know if WW will not be very good (or at the very least WB not having faith in it) if the embargo ends on its reviews only a few days before release.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, don't care lol

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TheAmazingSpidey

@transformers1024 said:

I've found Collider/Schmoes to be a reliable source of info since I started watching them last year. They called it on BvS and Finstock even saw the cuts of Suicide Squad as part of one of the focus groups and said it was a mess months in advance. If they say Wonder Woman is a mess, I feel inclined to believe them.

So, he guessed that a movie or two would be bad and got lucky?

Here: Ghost In The Shell and Transformers: The Last Knight won't be well received.

Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Transformers1024

@theamazingspidey: I clearly said he was part of the focus group that saw early cuts of Suicide Squad. How in the hell is that considered guessing?

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who cares at this point?

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: I clearly said he was part of the focus group that saw early cuts of Suicide Squad. How in the hell is that considered guessing?

That's irrelevent either way. This is a "he said, she said" scenario. If he actually saw Wonder Woman, his claims would be more credible. This isn't the case here.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Transformers1024

@theamazingspidey: Wow, you do not have any form of comprehension skills. I said Finstock actually saw Suicide Squad months prior to its release. He is part of the Schmoes and said months in advance it was a total mess. He knew this because he saw it.

BvS was a he said/she said scenario. That's what you're right about, but their source (NOT one of the Schmoes) was 100% correct when they said it was an incoherent mess. WW is another case of one of their sources. None of them have claimed to seem the film, it's all just from what they've heard on the inside. So I see no reason to discredit their report thus far.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@transformers1024:

Wow, you do not have any form of comprehension skills.

No need to be amateur about it and resort to personal insults.

Read my comment once again. I understood what you said. I get that he saw Suicide Squad. I understand that. I don't get where you got the impression that I don't understand what you're saying. I said that him watching Suicide Squad is irrelevent as we should compare it to another "he said she said situation."

Here, I'll repost my comment for you to reread:

That's irrelevent either way. This is a "he said, she said" scenario. If he actually saw Wonder Woman, his claims would be more credible. This isn't the case here.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Jesus Christ give it a rest already

Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Transformers1024

@theamazingspidey: I think you're missing my point that these guys have called the last two DC films flops in advance and they've earned the benefit of the doubt when they report Wonder Woman is another flop.