inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

Some new details were released recently, from Entertainment Weekly, pertaining to the upcoming 2016 film: X-Men: Apocalypse. Although it isn't slated to come out until May 27th, 2016, Director Bryan Singer leaked a few pieces of info about this movie, mainly that it will be loosely based off the fan favorite story line "Age of Apocalypse."

In Age of Apocalypse, Charles Xavier is dead, by the hands of his own son, Legion, who went back in time to try and kill Magneto. Because of this action, Apocalypse has taken over the world, with villains like Holocaust (Apocalypse's son) and Mr Sinister standing beside him. The X-Men are led by Magneto and his wife Rogue. What AoA did well was shake up the Marvel Universe and help redefine some classic Marvel characters, in an alternate universe.

No Caption Provided

However, Singer isn't looking to do that, per se:

“[The movie] won’t necessarily create an alternate universe, but there may be some swapping things that I’m playing with,”

Producer/Writer Simon Kinberg adds:

“From a visual standpoint it actually may be a bigger movie than Days of Future Past because there’ll be disaster movie imagery, like the title would imply.”

What fans do know is that X-Men: Apocalypse will follow Charles, Erik, Mystique, and Hank, and all of those actors are already on board for the film from the deals they signed for X-Men: First Class. Singer says there will also be other characters this film will follow as well. He's interested in bringing in familiar characters from different ages and explore the 80s, so there's a good chance fans could see characters like Nightcrawler and Gambit.

Will the upcoming X-Men: Days of Future Past just be one big set-up then? Not exactly, as Singer states here:

“You won’t feel at the end of the movie that it set up Apocalypse. What it does is it sets up possibilities. But what we’ll discover in Apocalypse is that events in this movie made that happen... Apocalypse deals with ancient mutancy. What would humans have thought mutants were? What would mutants think humans were? You’re dealing with gods and things like that. And what if one survived and what if that found its way into our world?”

X-Men: Apocalypse will hit theaters May 27th, 2016; however, X-Men: Days of Future Past will be in theaters on May 23rd, 2014.

Source: Entertainment Weekly

fables87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 0

Haven't even seen the new one and already excited fr this one.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

Will Cyclops be in it? Cause i'm starting to feel like Fox hates him

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops better be in it.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

More Cyclops please

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'm not sure if I should be excited about this or not.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

More Cyclops please

As much as I think the movie universe shafted Cyclops. I'm not sure I want the actor who played him back.

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By meatwadf

@dernman: Just recast him. The MCU is already starting to deal with the possibility of having to do the same with Cap and Iron Man down the road, so Fox may as well bite the bullet and do likewise. Comic book movies can very easily go the way of Bond and Who, in terms of bringing in fresh blood for existing characters.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

It'll be interesting to see !one and others non-cbm fans reactions to asm2 and DoFP. The insistaance of studios to call their shots so early really pulls the curtain back on the highly commercial aspect of these products. Which isn't a bad thing necessarily it worked out well in phase 1 but after Thor 2 ams Cap 2 its starting to feel like maybe they are getting away from making functional individual films.

Its also fun to see Sony fox and wasrner bros mad scramble to suddenly build universes for their franchises (making them even more a commercial venture) and not do what !marvel did so well with phase 1.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Facinating

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

More Cyclops please

As much as I think the movie universe shafted Cyclops. I'm not sure I want the actor who played him back.

Well that actor honestly didn't get to do much for me to dislike him.

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

This is good news. I really enjoyed Nightcrawler in X2. If they brought him in and gave him a more lighthearted personality then I'd be stoked. Gambit is one of my favorite X-Men so I really want to see someone do him justice.

Jonny_Rogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Jonny_Rogers

I feel like I'm missing out in not liking the X-Men films. There's always something going on with the franchise, but I just can't quite understand the appeal or interest. It's my loss, I guess.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

#14  Edited By MrMazz

@renchamp: i think the what if factor works actually. It makes this more a plain franchise than the nebulous universe buzz word parroted about. It keeps x-men more like a typical film franchise of a cast contracted for x films (not pun) eschewing connectivity for a simpler move just make another xmen film.

The best CBM like all films work best when they tell a single story so why not focus on that. Continuity is overrated anyways.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By danhimself

80's mutants? Dazzler please?

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

More Cyclops please

Cyclops and Jean were shafted because they wouldn't come back for another movie. I think the guy who played Cyclops said he didn't want to do anymore and the girl who played Jean wanted more money. It's the same reason why the guy who played Nightcrawler didn't come back for the third movie.

TrueKing95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmazz: I feel the same way. The movies pale in comparison to the comic books and even the old cartoon to me.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

CYCLOPS.

CYKE.

SCOTT SUMMERS.

WE NEED CYCLOPS BACK DARNIT! I feel as if he and Jean will become part of the 4 Horsemen.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So they're killing off Xavier again? And

Cyclops better be in it.

This

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

More Cyclops please

I've known the actor for a long time and seen him in almost everything he's been in. I actually use to be a fan but my opinion has become mixed over time. I just want more from Cyclops then what the actor could bring. Then again I've pretty much written off the X-Men films at this point so........

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By AllStarSuperman
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@dernman said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@dernman said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

More Cyclops please

I've known the actor for a long time and seen him in almost everything he's been in. I actually use to be a fan but my opinion has become mixed over time. I just want more from Cyclops then what the actor could bring. Then again I've pretty much written off the X-Men films at this point so........

If they did recast who would you like to see?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: If they did recast who would you like to see?

Hugh Jackman......just kidding. :p

Honestly I haven't given it much thought. I'm way too picky and usually get stuck in the looks/feel phase of picking before I can approach the acting ability phase.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I heard this song and dance about not rebooting stuff from DC and look at how that turned out. Now in THIS instance it would be in FOX's best interest to reboot. Seriously after X2 the X-Men movies have just gone downhill.

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Yeah I heard this song and dance about not rebooting stuff from DC and look at how that turned out. Now in THIS instance it would be in FOX's best interest to reboot. Seriously after X2 the X-Men movies have just gone downhill.

Agreed.

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By darkbeam

Age of Apocaypse Cyclops please

No Caption Provided
batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

how about you bring back Cyclops, with a different actor, and have him lead the team?

G_leno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should let Cyclops rot. He is a massive whiney douche that the public that don't read comics will find it almost impossible to like. Hugh's Wolverine is the lead character no matter what, why try to fight against it?

Until they reboot the whole thing and have no ties whatsoever to the original X films, they should not recast anyone.

Avatar image for deactivated-6212d9bb8a06e
deactivated-6212d9bb8a06e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only one who's willing to give Fox a chance?

Guess so.

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

is wolverine in it?

Outside of the cap 3, I see the xmen franchise being the best superhero movies from this point forward. maybe if we can get a good flash movie there would be hope for justice league. I wish they were doing a superman supergirl teamup instead of batman. age of ultron has potential, but since they are ruining his origin im worried.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Nightcrawler and Gambit? Okay, that's definitely a good sign. Confirm that Cyclops won't get shafted and I'm on board.

Cuboid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm conflicted about X-Men films. There's a lot of X-Men characters I'd like to see in the films, but I'd prefer fewer characters and better characterization than a lot of characters without developing any/most of them. And for whatever reason I don't have much faith in Fox (I think Marvel would do a better job with the franchise, so wish the rights could revert back to Marvel) though there have only been a couple X-Men films I haven't enjoyed, and I really enjoyed First Class, so they might be heading in the right direction. Guess I'll have to wait for DOFP and more details on this.

myerlanski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Longshot please.

KomicKev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By KomicKev

It seems to me, much like what we are seeing about "Days of Future Past", that they are going to use the title of "Age of Apocalypse", but not really try to follow what was an epic and great comic book story. It's like they have to shoehorn in the current "stars" of the X-films regardless of what the story should be about. I don't remember every single detail, but I know they will throw in a few mutants that weren't even in AoA while leaving out others. Mutants like Sunspot and Warpath were certainly NOT in DoFP (along with several others, while leaving out other mutants such as Angel and Nightcrawler).

I'll have to go into these movies viewing them as an "alternate universe", which they are, much like I watched "Smallville" in this light.

KingStandup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This has awesome written all over it. Apocalypse is one of the baddest MoFos in the Marvel Universe. He's terrorized the X-Men (and many others) for years. I hate when his name isn't mentioned in the same breath as Thanos, Galactus and even Magneto. (I'm sure someone will disagree, but it won't be the first time that's happened on this site! lol) I can't wait to see this!

trunkszero157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds like it may be set up the same way it was starting to be in Wolverine and The X-men.

greenenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always been wanting to see to the most feared x villians and those where Apolalypse and Mr.sinister and as the age of apocalypse coming to the big screen I for some time been imagining an awsome secret ending that I wish they would use to set up after days of future past. This secret ending would introduce the live action version of Mr.sinister first in a black cloak intererupting an archiolgical dig in egypt killing all the archeologists to discover what they where looking for which is what he is looking for and that is a tomb of apocalypse himself. Then finally Mr.sinister after being satifisied of his search pull his hood back smiling with his razor sharp teeth and the end and the fans would go heywire in a good way and me too. Or he is part of the archeological dig before he became a mutant and then he is the one to find apocalypse making him obessed with him which leads him to his path of villiany.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as Hugh Jackman is in I'm in

BlackShadowCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_rogers: I agree. I love the X-Men, but the movies don't appeal to me and I can't say why. I'd like to be excited about them but...I don't know. I think I love the comics and cartoons too much to like anything live-action lol

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

I feel like I'm missing out in not liking the X-Men films. There's always something going on with the franchise, but I just can't quite understand the appeal or interest. It's my loss, I guess.

I feel the same way. I've seen all of them except for The Wolverine, and I'm not really feeling DOFP. I don't know, just not made for me I suppose.

I hope it's good, and I hope it's fanbase is happy, but I am personally just not feeling the X-Men movies anymore.

If they rebooted and started from square one (but kept some of the casting decisions, I do like Hugh's Wolverine) maybe I'd feel differently.

Pikachunicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Pikachunicorn

Reading these comments and knowing I'm not the only one who wants Cyclops back gives me hope. :')

Assman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't say I'm crash hot on Singer? I would have preferred some one else take the helm, but will wait and see.

Avatar image for herokiller12344
Herokiller12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disaster movie? But I just want to see Apocalypse.