Nanatsu No Taizai Respect Thread(Seven Deadly Sins)

• 171 results
DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By DeathHero61

@nite_nite said:

@deathhero61: he's gonna be the first sin to actually die if any of them do. Well maybe Ban. Him or Ban.

First one to die? He gives off that vibe, but i feel that goes to Gowther more than anyone else, i feel if any of the sins die(which i highly doubt with the type of ending Nakaba had for Kongou Banchou) it's more likely to be Gowther first, not because of who's strongest and what not, more because of how is going to develop as a character. I feel like he is finally going to understand compassion and kindness and sacrifice himself for someone else sake and finally understand what it means to have emotions.

Ban dying is so likely though, again, self-sacrifice crap. I feel like Ban is going to lose his immortality, then fight to the death to protect someone or some crap like that.

Nite_Nite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: nah I actually feel like gowther will become an actual enemy down the road. He's already shown confliction, added to the point that he's secretly one of the Ten Commandments. Maybe he's unaware of it atm or maybe he knows, maybe he was spying on meliodas the whole time once he resurfaced. I only see him dying likely after he's an obstacle.

I actually see Ban dying because he's unaware his immortality has been cancelled and finds out the hard way- if he does die.

Other than that I really see Escanor going first. He's got the utmost pride. I see him fighting someone out of his level albeit during his peak; and paying for it. Which will be used to set the stage for exactly how powerful said enemy is

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: Merlin's going to be tough to do, given her deficit of feats. At least she has BFR teleportation.

Darth_Wayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Great job, cool.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By DeathHero61

@wf_mxyzptlk said:

@deathhero61: Merlin's going to be tough to do, given her deficit of feats. At least she has BFR teleportation.

I'm contemplating on whether i should waiting a little bit like i did with Escanor, or just go for it.......Because honestly, she is featless. She's the one i wanted to do the most.

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By WF_Mxyzptlk

@deathhero61 said:
@wf_mxyzptlk said:

I'm contemplating on whether i should waiting a little bit like i did with Escanor, or just go for it.......Because honestly, she is featless. She's the one i wanted to do the most.

She does have some feats. Her BFR teleportation, that shield thing she created over camelot, that army illusion, her magic power cancellation. It would be pretty meagre, but you could make something out it.

Point is, you might as well start with something, because she's probably not going to get anything substantial for a fairly significant period of time.

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61:

Bump v2 after more Mel feats.

@deathhero61: he's gonna be the first sin to actually die if any of them do. Well maybe Ban. Him or Ban.

Not quite.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61:

Bump v2 after more Mel feats.

@nite_nite said:

Not quite.

Sorry, i have been getting really lazy, plus i am graduating high school tomorrow. When i am finally done with that, i can chill and vibe and just do whatever, for whenever.

And comicvine, is being really weird, because whenever i try to edit the Demon Meliodas section it gets weird and wipes out the whole post and won't let the edits finalize. That's part of the reason why i was getting lazy, because i didn't want to constantly fight Comicvine, so from now on, whenever i want to add new feats, i am going to do everything on a separate PM, and from there i will edit everything in where i want them to be. And if it doesn't finalize, refresh the page, and try again until it works like i usually do for CAVs. Speaking of which, i am on my final post for my Sonic vs Bowser CAV and all i need to do is finish up my honorable mentions and my closing thoughts and i can tag people for votes, so stop by if you can.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@deathhero61: do you plan on doing just the sins? Or would you do one for the ten commandments or other holy knights in the future?

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By DeathHero61

@emperorthanos said:

@deathhero61: do you plan on doing just the sins? Or would you do one for the ten commandments or other holy knights in the future?

Of course not, i want to do most of the characters, I am going to copy and paste the three misfits(i have an incomplete CAV for them, but i pretty much posted all their feats there.) onto here when i am done with the sins,(or at least get enough feats for me to move on so i can just update their sections whenever) then do Dreyfus, who has a decent amount of feats to work with, i'm not even touching Jericho, but i'll considering doing Guila, then i will finish up with a commandments section and end it there, when the goddess arc comes, then things are going to get real, and there will likely be more characters to work with which will likely include Elizabeth. As soon as Merlin shows up and does her stuff, i am going to post some stuff for her, and move on, anything i haven't posted for the other sins, i will edit in later, because i really want to get some other sections in on this thread before constantly tagging people for updates on the same exact sections for the past few months you know what i mean?

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61:

As probably the definitive NNT respect thread on the vine, are you planning to furnish Escanor's section with an update?

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

escanor hype!

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61:

As probably the definitive NNT respect thread on the vine, are you planning to furnish Escanor's section with an update?

Expect an update in a week or two. I have a lot on my plate right now.

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks great

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wf_mxyzptlk said:

@deathhero61:

Expect an update in a week or two. I have a lot on my plate right now.

Looks great

Expect to see updates or a new post today or tomorrow.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By DeathHero61
WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By WF_Mxyzptlk

@deathhero61: Nice work. Just a few points though. The links you added in the section, for example:

Cruel Sun-Escanor creates a miniature sun that upon creature can still melt and burn its surroundings with pure radiation and heat. The size and power increases as time goes by which is a given. use them as Melee Weapons, Projectiles and Bombs. He can spawn them pretty quickly as well. He can telekinetically control them to smack around his opponents.

Don't work. I suggest linking to a site other than Mangastream. Also, consider adding the scans of Escanor's final attack that wrecked Estarossa.

Lejon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By emperorthanos-  Moderator
DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: Nice work. Just a few points though. The links you added in the section, for example:

Cruel Sun-Escanor creates a miniature sun that upon creature can still melt and burn its surroundings with pure radiation and heat. The size and power increases as time goes by which is a given. use them as Melee Weapons, Projectiles and Bombs. He can spawn them pretty quickly as well. He can telekinetically control them to smack around his opponents.

Don't work. I suggest linking to a site other than Mangastream. Also, consider adding the scans of Escanor's final attack that wrecked Estarossa.

Meh, i was going to take off the links anyway. And thanks about Escanor's final attack, i forgot.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Add some more feats for Escanor, and also added a summary for Escanor.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to start a post on merlin sometime today.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By DeathHero61

The Boar's Sin of Gluttony, Merlin

No Caption Provided

Merlin is a powerful mage and can be argued to be the third most powerful out of the Seven Deadly Sins. Her past is currently unknown but she was the first person to be recruited onto the seven deadly sins and has been a huge ally for Meliodas and the sins. Her crafty magic, intelligence, is known all over Britannia. Even Meliodas wouldn't want to fight her if push came to shove.

We haven't really seen any stats for Merlin, so we cannot properly divide her abilities in order to gauge what she can do. The only thing i can guess about her is speed and reaction time. (which she uses her teleportation to help out with) The only durability i have seen is for her shields, but i have no reason to put a separate section just specifically for that. So for now, i will do specifically her techniques, and her items that she carries around since that is easier.

Absolute Cancel- Merlin can cancel magical spells by using this technique, the drawback is that she has to touch the spell with her bare hands. However the power behind the ability is very real.

She was able to use this power to completely revert Gowther to a doll. Due to his large level of magical power it was only temporary, but regardless of the fact, that's pretty impressive.(BTW to those of you who don't think this is impressive due to his power level, it was recently revealed that Gowther was a former commandment, his power is currently suppressed.)

She also used this to cancel a spell from Ten Commandment Grayroad, that hit Hauser. A spell that wipes out the five senses in an instant without any significant effort.

Diane used one of Merlin's magic tablets to shrink in size. Merlin can cancel certain magic spells like this. This ability is called Magic Cancel an ability that cancels a magic cast on an individual.

Perfect Cube- a square/rectangular barrier that denies all entry except the caster no matter how strong or weak. This can also be put around a room or a living target to protect them or the caster from harm. Attempt to teleport into it usually fails. Merlin herself failed to teleport an entire group into the room that was inside said cube. IF one attacks it, their own attacks would be reflected back at them.

She has used this in several ways. As a way of protecting others from attacks.

This has even protected others from the might of Galan.

In the canon 4 episode special. She created an entire arena for Meliodas and Ban to fight in. The barrier was specifically made to prevent bystanders from getting hurt due to the amount of power they were packing.

No Caption Provided

Here's a link if you want a better look at this gif.

Contrary to what this episode told us, Perfect Cube is unbreakable even on the inside. It perfectly withstood Escanor and Meliodas' fight.

Here's when Threader attempted to free the king by smashing through a perfect cube.

Barriers- Merlin can erect barriers, which is likely derived from her ability to use perfect cube, they serve as a solid defense against attacks and what not.

These barriers can easily withstand attacks from Ban. Reference: First episode of Signs of Holy War. Around the 8:30 mark.

http://7deadlysins.tv/seven-deadly-sins-signs-of-holy-war-episode-1-subbed/

She can also create barriers powerful enough to take attacks from a mountainous Albion with a power level of 5500. She made a barrier that spread all across Camelot.

She can even create small barriers around herself. Meaning she can likely create strong defenses for herself if necessary.

Magic Spell: Wave Dragon- Merlin can manipulate water to summon Dragons made of water.

Magic Spell: Fire Storm- A more basic spell, Merlin blasts a target with fire. BTW in this instance the target was a gigantic squid far larger than Diane.

Magic Spell: Exterminate Ray- A disintegrating beam of light that destroys those in the line of fire. This blast was incredibly fast reaching point A to point B pretty quickly and managed to destroy insects spawned by grayroad and even damaged grayroad, the blast even went through the castle building like it was butter.

She seemed to do another variation of this ability, it didn't have a name, but it completely vaporized skeletons that were progressively getting stronger due to Merascylla and Meliodas.

I'm going to do some scaling with Vivian, Merlin's apprentice.

Her apprentice is pretty weak in comparison to her, and she can pull stuff like this off in terms of ice manipulation:

Can bend an attack to ensure it hits its target.

And can amplify attacks to insane intensities.

Merlin can also do this. Power Amplify. A technique designed to amp any magical attack to an incredible degree. Her first showing with this officially in canon was against Escanor when she was teaming up with Gowther to restrain him peacefully.

She amplified Gowther's power to the point where they could outright KO Escanor with his blackout arrow.

Magic: Curse Engage: This ability allows Merlin to input a command, and link it to someone else, in the case of the gif below, if Vivian uses magic on Gilthunder she will start to writhe in pain, and a horrible curse will spread throughout her body and if she continues to use magic on him, she'll die.

So with the right methods, she can effectively seal someone's magic on top of being able to negate certain magics already via Absolute cancel. Here's another time when Gilthunder triggered the word to activate the curse.

Merlin is also capable of creating visual illusions. These illusions are powerful enough to spread across a city(technically. Hendricksen and Dreyfus sensed an entire army filled with numerous powers that could compare to holy knights from miles away.)

Location- this ability allows her to locate any item, object or person. This power can span over an entire city.

Now that I covered most of her spells, its time for the most obvious one that everyone knows, her teleportation spells.

Teleportation/Reaction Speed

Her first, and one of her most impressive showings of teleportation is when she outfoxed her pupil Vivian. After Vivian teleported Mel and the crew to a distant location, Merlin not only teleported them and Vivian back to their exact spot she began the process of constantly teleporting her in dozens of different locations at insane speeds before she could even take a breath or attempt to find a counter measure(or at least try to escape) doing this ended up inducing vertigo.

If Merlin was originally with Meliodas when the series started, all she would have to do is use location, combined with her teleportation abilities and the that would have been that. Here's scans of her teleporting the entire group to King Bartra's room instantly.

Here she teleports everyone including Mama Pig with her while floating her in the air with telekinesis.

Reaction speed feat that most people wouldn't notice. The Albion shot a huge blast at Arthur that was going to reach him at any second. At the last second Merlin teleported Meliodas instantly to Arthur's location so he can throw out a full counter.

She has decent reaction speed, she reacted to an attack from the Albion.

Here's more scans of her doing so

Her teleportation range is confirmed to be several miles.

She has reacted to Ban's attacks to put up her own shields to protect her experiments.4

No Caption Provided

She has coordinated with Gowther, Meliodas and Diane on multiple occasions. So basically, she's not really fast but she's fast enough.

For example, Diane was rushing through in a frenzy to ask Merlin for a favor, she smashed through Merlin's door and the shrapnel was sent flying at Hawk and herself, she stopped it with TK

No Caption Provided

Like i showed before, she coordinated well with Gowther by amplifying Gowther's attack as he appears behind Escanor and preps his blackout arrow for attack. And Gowther has FTE feats.

Coordinated with Diane against Galan.

Like i said before she's no slowpoke, she has reacted to large shockwaves from Galan which were aftereffects from his attack against Meliodas

She has even managed to pull up a Perfect Cube before Fraudrin could kill Hendricksen and others nearby.

She relies mostly on reaction time to get shit done. She doesn't have crazy fast reflexes or anything like that, like the other sins.

She even managed to react to an attack from Current Diane who gained a decent power boost.

Merlin(along with King and Gowther) reacted to Diane's attacks while she was using the Dolor Dance

Infinity

This ability was brought forth by constant experimentation, and curiosity and well, gluttony. Merlin desired to constantly gain knowledge in an ever-changing world. She ended up with an ability that allows her to stop her own time and make it so she literally cannot age.

This is possibly one of the most groundbreaking moves that a sin has. She used this ability to stop her own time. And can also use this ability offensively for her spells. The possibilities for this technique are endless.

Although Merlin herself already confirmed that she can resist commandments,(due to her origins) her ability allows her to shrug off forced time manipulation(on a target) or age manipulation.

The ability itself is already considered borderline unfair and that it basically defies the law of reality and that it would take insane power to pull off something like Infinity.

No Caption Provided

Like she stated it can be used in conjunction with her spells to make quite the devastating power.

Magic Spell+Infinity: Endless Whirl- A technique that obviously doesn't really end, its a endless vortex that easily shreds its targets apart or simply pull them into the center with ease. Not only is this powerful, she can also freely manipulate the shape and form of the vortex and keep it going. This is how she captured and defeated Grayroad. If you look closely this vortex ended up shredding the remains of the castle.

Summary/Pros/Cons/Fighting Style

• Merlin can easily be argued to be the third strongest sin, Meliodas and Escanor being above her for obvious reasons.
  • Although she seems like mainly a support, her skill and magic is still devastating enough for her to fight on her own with terrifying ease.
  • She has an ability or a technique for every situation and her absolute cancel and magic cancel are devastating techniques against most magic based combatants.
  • Infinity can lead to an "Infinite" list of possibilities in battle. Get it? Infinite? Eh? Eh? Paired up with Gowther they could pull of an Power Amplify combined with Blackarrow with an invokement of Infinity to permanently knock someone out. A power like Infinity seems unrivaled but there are still things we don't know such as, say in a situation she were to freeze Escanor, would that be GG for sure in that situation? Or if Escanor has the power he can break out of it? Its possible for her spells to be negated if one has enough power to escape or overpower the spell. But it seems that's not the case yet.
  • She lacks reaction or combat speed. That much is obvious given her run in with Galan.
  • She tends to get gluttonous to analyze an opponent's abilities for the sake of experimentation or hypothetical theories. Simple put her curiosity can be her downfall in the future if she lets her guard down.
  • She may be a powerhouse but her durability is still human. It's likely although we haven't seen it yet, that she uses barriers to protect herself like magicians commonly do in fiction.

FINALLY DONE WITH THE SEVEN DEADLY SINS. WHO'S NEXT???? ANY RECOMMENDATIONS

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Mekboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Merlin bloody rules.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mekboy:Bruh that new chapter tho......

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wouldn't that mean if she releases the spell she'll die instantly though?

Kinda reminds of Jirou's death.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By DeathHero61

@wf_mxyzptlk said:

Wouldn't that mean if she releases the spell she'll die instantly though?

Kinda reminds of Jirou's death.

I was gonna say that depends on how long she lived, but then again, the commandment itself should take some form of effect despite her resistance....

Right??? But low-key this is pretty broken. If time is stopped around a certain spell, say she were to freeze you like merlin did, and you are just stuck there frozen, would you be able to break out if you had the strength or resistance to freezing? IDK. It sounds like being hit by one of her spells mean instant death or KO.

Edit: When i get to that part in my post, i'll try to toss my evaluation of the ability.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All sins completed.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Is The Seven Deadly Sins -Signs of Holy War the second season of the anime?

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Signs of Holy War takes place before Demon Clan Arc. Before the ten commandments are even released. This is in between after they beat hendricksen and when the commandments are released.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_ingenuity I know you're caught up for sure, can i hear your input on Merlin's Infinity ability?

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

merlin is op!

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@heatblaze123 said:

No. Signs of Holy War takes place before Demon Clan Arc. Before the ten commandments are even released. This is in between after they beat hendricksen and when the commandments are released.

Ah, I see. Is the second season still coming?

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By emperorthanos-  Moderator

@deathhero61:

FINALLY DONE WITH THE SEVEN DEADLY SINS. WHO'S NEXT???? ANY RECOMMENDATIONS?

Well some of the other holy knights would be good I guess. Starting with Gilthunder.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos: That will be quick. I already have all his scans available. I'll probably just copy and paste it. There are like a couple from signs of holy war. Also what do you think of Merlin's infinity???

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@emperorthanos: That will be quick. I already have all his scans available. I'll probably just copy and paste it. There are like a couple from signs of holy war. Also what do you think of Merlin's infinity???

I didn't get your tag it seems. But is an extremely hax ability. But it does feel like an asspull.

Sea-Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: Nice... I hear he is likely Island Level is he?

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah only like two of the sins can be argued island level, and some of the commandments. Holy Knights are anywhere between city block to small town level depending on who we are talking about.

Sea-Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sea-beast said:

Nah only like two of the sins can be argued island level, and some of the commandments. Holy Knights are anywhere between city block to small town level depending on who we are talking about.

Thanks for the info

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soooo much work to do.......ugggggh especially Meliodas' section. And i have to update and reorganize Ban and Diane's sections......so much work to do on CV.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: holy shit

No Caption Provided

\\

you are really going to have to redo gowthers section soon.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: Have you seen my recent CAVs? This thread is outdated as hell, during the summer i plan on redoing everyone here, along with adding all the other characters, even the ones i don't want to do. I plan on updating and organizing them appropriately like a real respect thread. Gowther will be the first one i am updating.

Shadowshock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lel you have alot of work on your hands

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By DeathHero61

Diane, King and Gowther has all been updated and cleaned up. Their sections are now more organized and easier to read for those interested. I will be working on updating Ban and Meliodas' sections then start making sections for Gilthunder, Hauser and Griamore, and some of the other holy knights, then finally start doing the commandments.