My Recommendation (Berserk)

ibrahim2712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ibrahim2712

If anyone of you are looking for a dark, deep, philosophical, violent, sad series I would recommend Berserk. It's easily the best manga I've ever read.

It's a manga and i know this is a comic site but I'd give it a chance, it's NOT one of those manga with school girls and big eyes, nothing like that. I'd really give it a try guys. It's really dark and amazing.

http://www.mangastream.to/berserk-chapter-1-page-1.html

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Crom-Cruach

@ibrahim2712: Berserk is good but not my favorite manga. Also manga are comics they have a place here.

ibrahim2712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ibrahim2712

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Crom-Cruach

@ibrahim2712: I agree it's worth reading. The new anime series is pretty cool too.

xtremekidx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xtremekidx

i tried it once,couldn't finish because of the length.....are the films any good?

FalconPuuunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By FalconPuuunch

I'll give it a look. You had me at "NOT one of those manga with school girls and big eyes".

That is literally the only thing that keeps me away from manga and anime.

EDIT

@ibrahim2712: Is this recommendation for the entire series? Like from start to finish?

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Crom-Cruach

@xtremekidx said:

are the films any good?

The latest movies starting with "Egg of the King" are excellent, even for people who don't want to go through the lenght of the manga as they stick to the essential.

ibrahim2712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ibrahim2712

@FalconPuuunch said:

I'll give it a look. You had me at "NOT one of those manga with school girls and big eyes".

That is literally the only thing that keeps me away from manga and anime.

EDIT

@ibrahim2712: Is this recommendation for the entire series? Like from start to finish?

Yes, the character development is top notch, the art is just breathtaking. The series is not finished yet but once you get caught up you'll understand how great of a story it is.

A good site to read it http://www.mangastream.to/berserk-chapter-1-page-1.html

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

@ibrahim2712: I am interested, but I am wondering what the plot is(I would read it regardless of what the plot is, but I am just wondering)?

ibrahim2712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ibrahim2712

@joeagentofhand1 said:

@ibrahim2712: I am interested, but I am wondering what the plot is(I would read it regardless of what the plot is, but I am just wondering)?

It's about this guy named Guts who is literally born from a dead corpse, the story takes place in dark times, so no technology and stuff like that. In the Berserk world everyone is killing and dying, so it's really dark world and Guts grows up killing and stuff like that. joins a group of mercenaries and things happen. It's really hard to explain, character development is great. People die, and its a breathtaking story. I can't explain more because I don't want to spoil it.

Don't let my terrible summary keep you from reading it because it's one of those things you can't explain without spoiling. The story is so freaking good man.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Rumble Man

gets pretty badass very soon

blackwolf0925

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By blackwolf0925

Beserk is not bad, I am not really into the dark ones. The only one that got me to stay with the story that I recommend that is not about Moe Schoolgirls is Deadman Wonderland.

No Caption Provided
Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By Billy Batson

Berserk is fantastic.
BB

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Jorgevy

@ibrahim2712 said:

it's NOT one of those manga with school girls and big eyes, nothing like that.

OOOOOOH but I like those!!!!

either way I recently heard about this and definatally wanted to give the anime a try. i dont read manga unless I want to go further beyond what the anime of a series has to offer.

and last but not least, this website is for anything really, and eveything has its place. manga and anime are totally okay here now in Gen Discussion since we no longer are affiliated with any specific anime/manga sites and since manga = comics