• 88 results
Avatar image for deactivated-57cc010f9e749
deactivated-57cc010f9e749

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was really hyped for this anime but it turned into another same shit. How this anime is different from any other anime, same loser person who suddenly received power for random reason now he will surpass everyone and gain his place in the world,I really expected something different this time, why show a character without superpower then suddenly give him superpower, the main character should not have received any power why the hell all anime character have to depend on other people powers, i really expected main character to develop his own fighting style without any power he could have used some types of weapons and his brain to overcome his challenges.

Just after watching 4 episodes i can tell this is same garbage with new paint. what do you guys think

gokuss4z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By gokuss4z

I like it so far but I wish for once the main character could be strong because of his own power It's cliche for sure but I find it a enjoyable shonen manga and anime.

Avatar image for deactivated-57af58bda2d61
deactivated-57af58bda2d61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Run on sentences

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Jgames

I can see where you coming from. Overall I feel like the show is average, although I will argue the concept itself is a lot of fun, just not executed that well so far, especially with them being in school. It does have alot of cliche and troops from other shonen anime, without the excitement or great execution to make you forget or ignore that.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

♫ Bait, bait, bait.....bait, bait, bait, shake your bait.♫

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This show could have been AWESOME with the concept (could of had a MHAxOPM crossover)

But idc if he has powers or not (I prefer powers) but still.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That bait doe.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_banter: i am just tired from same repetitive shit, i was expecting something different after watching 4th episode my blood was boiling like crazy why the hell every main character have to get some random power up what is wrong with being normal, why you always need to excel in destructive power when there are lot of other way to get strong like being skilled in hand to hand combat, using strategy or being master in weapon play, i felt like why is there any reason to watch this anime when there are countless similar anime already exist and this super hero or super hero school concept is not new there are plenty of anime with same concept but with different paint good examples are (law of ueki, soul eater, naruto, kill la kill). The real reason is why i am so angry because people were hyping this shit like crazy and due to this i was like finally i will get some good quality anime but no another disappointment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbvse7: why you always need to excel in destructive power when there are lot of other way to get strong like being skilled in hand to hand combat, using strategy or being master in weapon play or being a super trickster

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superproherohunter: I understand your frustration but language man.

Becasue powers are cool it's like the cherry on top for fiction. When it comes to "skilled in hand to hand combat, using strategy or being master in weapon play or being a super trickster", there are tons of anime that have that.. I think in TODAYS era this is just the norm people want.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbvse7: why can't normal guy exist in between gods

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DBVSE7

@superproherohunter: Because it takes a good writer to pull it off without bs or pis/wis.

Personally.. I would give my main character a power, but his power would only be 100% beneficial if he could utilize everything else. He would already have a limit at the start, but his creativity would ultimately make him a threat. He would have SOME degree of hax, but yea.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Zetsu-San
@superproherohunter said:

@zetsumoto: wow this is what i was talking about

After that you could try Darker Than Black if you haven't seen it already. He technically has powers but it's necessary for the plot to make sense. His powers however are quite grounded and aren't really anything that can't be accomplished by something like say, Batman's utility belt. His only power is generating electricity. That's it. He can't shoot lightning or anything. He's basically a human stun gun. Actually I think Batman has used shock gloves before.

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't watch Shounen anymore, once you watch 1 series, you watch them all. Seinen is usually a lot fresher with more interesting concept.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't watch Shounen anymore, once you watch 1 series, you watch them all. Seinen is usually a lot fresher with more interesting concept.

Shounen isn't a genre it's a demographic. Watching 1 is not watching them all. Yes there are some formulas popular in the demographic but not every show follows them.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It's a very generic and stereotypical shonen. Wouldn't call it bad, though.

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By poeticwarrior

@zetsumoto said:
@poeticwarrior said:

Shounen isn't a genre it's a demographic. Watching 1 is not watching them all. Yes there are some formulas popular in the demographic but not every show follows them.

I'm talking about action Shounen. Same formula in almost every show, they all have an annoying optimistic young teen (Naruto, Ichigo, Luffy) who has a rival, which may or may not have a dark side they try to suppress. They face an enemy, and they get a power up every time they face it. They have a bunch of useless female heroines. Bonus if they use talk jitsu and power of friendship.

Shounen is a demographic and they all follow the same formula over and over again. There are only a few Shounen that I watch, but it's not usually about actions which is Death Note and Shokugeki No Soma (They have a stereotypical protagonist though), Fullmetal Alchemist is an exception. Most of the rest are just crap in general for me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto: there are lot of good anime, only reason i don't like my hero academia because my expectation are big, try this animes and you will never say that again

fullmetal alchemist brotherhood

Death note

Attack on titan

trigun

hajime no ippo

one piece (before timeskip)

Hunter x hunter

One punch man

Dragon ball (before z)

Hellsing ultimate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto: i have already seen darker than black nice anime but nothing that great story was pretty bad

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto: there are lot of good anime, only reason i don't like my hero academia because my expectation are big, try this animes and you will never say that again

fullmetal alchemist brotherhood

Death note

Attack on titan

trigun

hajime no ippo

one piece (before timeskip)

Hunter x hunter

One punch man

Dragon ball (before z)

Hellsing ultimate

I personally was not a huge fan of Dragon ball, only like 22th tournament and above, the rest was tortured to sit through, and prefer Dragon ball z.

Also Death note and Attack on Titan are great anime, but I personally don't think highly of them, although that mostly because Light was just a crazy douche bag serial killer and the ending was not my favorite and Attack on Titan is slow, and Eren is generic.

Overall good list of great anime that are also popular.

To be fair Sinbad has been great so far in my opinion.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish I had a manga or an anime.. ugh it would be badass.

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbvse7 said:

I wish I had a manga or an anime.. ugh it would be badass.

Preferrably a harem, because even if you're a skinny, shy beta male with no special skills, all the girls with big boobs will all try to get your attentions.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgames: dragon ball was just more creative that is why i prefer over dragon ball z and cell and majin buu arc destroyed dbz, goku should have died on namik after defeating frieza it would have been ultimate ending and what is this sinbad about

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By poeticwarrior

@jgames: dragon ball was just more creative that is why i prefer over dragon ball z and cell and majin buu arc destroyed dbz, goku should have died on namik after defeating frieza it would have been ultimate ending and what is this sinbad about

I see Dragon Ball as a cheesy terrible show. It's so bad that it's amusing. It's basically the same plot every series. A strong opponent arrives, everyone gets defeated, Goku gets beat up, gets a power up and wins. They even have a different dragon balls each series. Earth Dragon Balls, then Namekian Dragon Balls, and the Super Dragon Balls. I like the original Dragon Ball better, it was not about the same reharsh plot every arc. It was so silly and fun.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By poeticwarrior

@poeticwarrior: so what is favorite anime

I have different anime and manga that I read/watch.

One Punch Man

Attack On Titans

Fullmetal Alchemist

Fate Unlimited Blade Works

Fate Zero

Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Death Note

I am a Hero

Shokugeki No Soma

Kara No Kyoukai

Psycho Pass

Silver Spoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poeticwarrior: do you know your most of the list follow the same rules of dbz and for some reason you still hate the father of anime

tiraomoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Narut garbage",that's bait right there.I won't really say I like hero academia it has epic moments but tbh I don't really like the fact that he was weak but received power from someone else it annoys me for some reason as someone without power,it would have been cool if the creator made like batman or some bad ass martial artist or at least something cool other than receiving power from someone else

Lejon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Lejon
Loading Video...

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By poeticwarrior

@poeticwarrior: do you know your most of the list follow the same rules of dbz and for some reason you still hate the father of anime

Tell me which one follow that. Not sure if you would have made the same comment regardless of what I put down.

I would agree to disagree on at most 1-2, but it wouldn't be most.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tiraomoz: what to do naruto is benchmark for this type of animes

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: naruto is benchmark for judging bad anime

tiraomoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Superproherohunter: "Naruto is a benchmark for judging bad anime",that is your own opinion which frankly most people don't give a shit about

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see Dragon Ball as a cheesy terrible show. It's so bad that it's amusing. It's basically the same plot every series. A strong opponent arrives, everyone gets defeated, Goku gets beat up, gets a power up and wins. They even have a different dragon balls each series. Earth Dragon Balls, then Namekian Dragon Balls, and the Super Dragon Balls. I like the original Dragon Ball better, it was not about the same reharsh plot every arc. It was so silly and fun.

From the saiyan saga to cell saga it was always about Gohan journey, constantly seeing people die because of him, while Goku is there to save the day until the task is handed to him, and the moment was all built up wonderfully when he turn SSJ2, it was such a satisfying transformation, add in great action sequence, fun characters, I just really love DBZ.

Creative is one way to put it.

Also I agree on Buu saga, disagree with Cell saga as that was the ultimate ending. Is Goku passing the torch to his son who after constant failure face the ultimate price of his father, but now is given the task to protect the Earth in his stead, against one of my personal favorite DBZ villain, with an interesting time plot that is actually done well considering time travel can be stupid. The intensity and fear in that saga was executed well, with an introduction to Trunk with a great past. It also had Vegeta redeem himself a bit, and felt like a satisfying ending.

Dragon ball was just not funny, is more depended on people taste, and I just find it horrendous, but more power to you, is because people like you who like Dragon ball that DBZ exist in the first place.

Loading Video...

That being said Goku vs Piccolo is probably my second favorite fight in DBZ and DB

Also Sinbad is a spinoff of Magi, so if you love that you probably like SInbad, although is not as shonen as magi which might be a good thing for you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poeticwarrior: One Punch Man: new stronger enemy always( same as Dbz)

Attack On Titans: next main boss will be always stronger than current and lot of people will die (this will repeat until end same as dbz)

Fullmetal Alchemist: new challenge will be more difficult than current (same as DBZ)

Fate Zero: new stronger boss will appear( same as Dbz)

Death Note: next mind game will be more difficult than current (it is not fight but still it is same concept)

Psycho Pass : each case is more difficult than other( same as Dbz)

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto: i have already seen darker than black nice anime but nothing that great story was pretty bad

The first season had a great story. It was the second season that made it all fall apart.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tiraomoz: lol naruto is not even original story just go and watch hunter x hunter and you will start saying same thing

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto said:
@poeticwarrior said:

I'm talking about action Shounen. Same formula in almost every show, they all have an annoying optimistic young teen (Naruto, Ichigo, Luffy) who has a rival, which may or may not have a dark side they try to suppress. They face an enemy, and they get a power up every time they face it. They have a bunch of useless female heroines. Bonus if they use talk jitsu and power of friendship.

Shounen is a demographic and they all follow the same formula over and over again. There are only a few Shounen that I watch, but it's not usually about actions which is Death Note and Shokugeki No Soma (They have a stereotypical protagonist though), Fullmetal Alchemist is an exception. Most of the rest are just crap in general for me.

Again, that formula is extremely popular with the demographic but no, not all stories follow it. I wouldn't even say most of them follow it, it's just the mainstream ones that do.

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By poeticwarrior

@poeticwarrior: One Punch Man: new stronger enemy always( same as Dbz)

Attack On Titans: next main boss will be always stronger than current and lot of people will die (this will repeat until end same as dbz)

Fullmetal Alchemist: new challenge will be more difficult than current (same as DBZ)

Fate Zero: new stronger boss will appear( same as Dbz)

Death Note: next mind game will be more difficult than current (it is not fight but still it is same concept)

Psycho Pass : each case is more difficult than other( same as Dbz)

One Punch Man, never got power up. It's supposed to be a parody of Shounen in general, regardless of whatever the enemies appear, Saitama one shot it. That's the premise. It's the one of the options where I said agree to disagree. It's more about parody than making a serious plot about it like DBZ.

Attack On Titans: Female badass, not just play role of housewife. Story is about political and secrecy. Characters don't get power up. The next main boss isn't always more powerful, they have always been around the same level. It's not about power creep. If you read the manga up to date. You would know. The central conflict is all about secrecy and unveiling it.

Fullmetal Alchemist: It's about the overall secrecy plot. Characters don't get stronger. There is no power up. It's a story about regaining what was lost, and about the moral philosophical question. Have nothing to do with Dragon Ball at all.

Fate Zero: lol, stronger boss will appear? They have the same amount of people the first time they were summon. It was about the same number of participants killing each other throughout, and it's not usually the same people fighting. The fights divided among 7 servants. It's more like Hunger Games than Dragon Ball. There is no stronger boss. Actually, the supposed final "boss", Kotomine is a human and is weaker than all the servants they fought. There was more about character development and questioning how far they would go. Where is this supposed stronger boss? And who's the stronger boss appearing for? Saber? Kiritsugu?

Death Note: lol, you're saying it as if plot advancement is the invention of DB, many Hollywood movies and TV shoes must copy DB then, especially even before DB series was made. The story is about detective and outsmarting each other. The "bad guy" actually won, the the people who replaced L is actually weaker than him.

Psycho Pass: Each case being difficult has nothing to do with DBZ as I have already said. It's a standard plot that happens to every movie, TV shows, and games out there. I'm not sure how it's related to how DBZ does things. It's more about moral questions and the psychological issues of the characters than the plots or power up.

You're basically just reaching with these answers. There is not even a single similarity between any of the series you mentioned. If the only similarity is it becomes harder as it goes on, Dragon Ball is copying Mario Bros and Tetris games.

tiraomoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superproherohunter: I've watched hxh and I love it as for naruto,its true that its not an original story but what makes it uniuqe is the fact that kishi created something original from something unoriginal and by that I mean the entire structure of the naruto series

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#48  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poeticwarrior: they don't have to be similar but just like Dbz there next step will be tougher

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By poeticwarrior

@poeticwarrior: they don't have to be similar but just like Dbz there next step will be tougher

So they're copying Super Mario Bros and Tetris instead of Dragon Ball? It's not an invention of DBZ, not sure why you make it like Toriyama invented it out of his ass or something. It's a standard plot and device storytelling that exist way before DBZ. Plot becomes more complicated is something that happens usually when a story progressing. It's not about powered up to overcome the threat or a new threat appears every arc and they need power creep to match it. It would be a DBZ clone. Something more akin to Naruto, Bleach, or One Piece.