• 108 results
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

The logo and synopsis for the upcoming Justice League film have been revealed, and now, the movie finally has a villain. Zack Snyder returns to direct the 2017 follow-up to Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, and this upcoming movie will pit heroes against a force from another world: Steppenwolf.

No Caption Provided

During a set visit, Collider revealed that not only will this film be delving into some iconic characters created by legendary writer and artist Jack Kirby, but it also will introduce more science-fiction concepts, straight out of the comics.

The villain was originally revealed in a deleted scene online, which features Lex Luthor (Jesse Eisenberg) seeing what many people speculated to be Steppenwolf. However, this is the first time the character was named. Snyder thought it would be a cool post-credit sequence but felt it would be a better idea to release it online instead. With Steppenwolf, comes more elements from the Fourth World, including Mother Boxes, which allow people to travel from Earth to Apokolips, the home of the new villain.

Producer Deborah Snyder discussed what makes these concepts a great focal point for the next film: "You know, Kirby's crazy in a great way, and there's a lot of influence, you know, kind of the New Gods stuff, and we were digging on that -- and that’s the Mother Boxes and that sort of Apokoliptian world and all that stuff. I mean, you can’t really do that stuff without some larger-than-life [influence]. But the kinda scope-y, sci-fi, what I think is fun stuff... I think you have to have a good threat that’s fun and kinda crazy. And the Mother Boxes are always fun DC weird tech, you know?"

The film will feature Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, and Gal Gadot reprising their roles as Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. Justice League will also introduce Jason Momoa as Aquaman, Ezra Miller as The Flash, and Ray Fisher as Cyborg, all of which had cameos in Batman v. Superman.

Justice League hits theaters on November 17, 2017.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Oh come on WB BvS was a god dame mess because Snyder had no idea what to do anything other than batman and now you have the bright god dame idea of putting him in charge of justice league. Why are you against making a fin superhero movie ?

Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

User Lists: 4

Is it just me, or is the villain choice a bit underwhelming?

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@the_mighty_monarch: What's wrong with Steppenwolf being the lead villain? He was pretty threatening in Earth 2.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it just me, or is the villain choice a bit underwhelming?

Why? The issue here seems to be rather popularity than his actual power.

Tattacus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

"Snyder thought it would be a cool post-credit sequence but felt it would be a better idea to release it online instead."

Why?! So probably more people than not, don't get to see it?

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By kcomicfan

I wish they choose Darkseid to be the main villain for Justice League, but I don't mind that they choose Steppenwolf.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

@z3ro180 said:

Oh come on WB BvS was a god dame mess because Snyder had no idea what to do anything other than batman and now you have the bright god dame idea of putting him in charge of justice league. Why are you against making a fin superhero movie ?

If you mean Snyder, that's contracts for you. Not to mention it would cost them to much to find someone new, cus they have no time because of the actors schedules.

ALso, it seems like all they're doing right now is to really hammer in that they have learned their lesson and that this movie will be fun. As if to say that was the only problem with BvS (a big one, but not the only one).

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish they choose Darkseid as the main villain for Justice League, but I don't mind they fact that they choose Steppenwolf.

Seems like Darkseid will be for Justice League 2. Makes sense if they already have Steppenwolf, Apokolips, and the Mother Boxes in this one. Hopefully Green Lantern is recruited by then, too.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaied said:
@kcomicfan said:

I wish they choose Darkseid as the main villain for Justice League, but I don't mind they fact that they choose Steppenwolf.

Seems like Darkseid will be for Justice League 2. Makes sense if they already have Steppenwolf, Apokolips, and the Mother Boxes in this one. Hopefully Green Lantern is recruited by then, too.

I know, but they could easily introduce Apokolips, and the Mother Boxes with Darkseid.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I actually think Steppenwolf is an inspired and unexpected choice. Though, it does little to inspire my faith in this movie.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

I wish they choose Darkseid to be the main villain for Justice League, but I don't mind that they choose Steppenwolf.

I feel like we're getting build up, like how the Guardians of the Galaxy got Ronan the Accuser but showed us Thanos, I feel like we're building towards the worst of the worst, Thanos for Marvel and Darksied for DC

cmaprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Heh. Wouldn't it be great if the bulk of the movie was Steppenwolf, and then randomly in the third act they have an anticlimactic end to that fight, have Darkseid come out of nowhere as a lame CGI boss battle, instead of waiting for a proper sequel?

No, they'd never do something silly like that.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Spidey_Jackson

Cool. I like Steppenwolf, but that scene should have been an end credits thing.

Beata

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 the_stegman  Moderator

Before people complained about Darkseid being introduced too early, now they want him?? SMH.

I have no problem with Steppenwolf if he doesn't look like the big monster he was in the extra scene.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like what I'm hearing about this movie, specially the bit where it says it's going to be heavily influenced by Kirby. BvS wasn't a great movie but I thought it was enjoyable enough, the biggest flaw was the editing and Superman's part of the script, if they can get at least these two things right this time, I think the movie will turn out to be good.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool. I like Steppenwolf, but that scene should have been an end credits thing.

Beata

Agreed

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By kcomicfan

@doc-holiday:DC could still build up, Darkseid isn't the only big bad in the DC universe.

apokos7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The logo is nice and simple. I'm intrigued to see what they do with Steppenwolf. I just hope Hal Jordan shows up before the fight with Darkseid.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

This does nothing to get me excited for JL.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doc-holiday:DC could still build up, Darkseid isn't the only big bad in the DC universe.

But he's arguably the biggest. The biggest if you think he outmatches the Anti-Monitor/Mobius. Why not build up to a God of Evil?

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:
@kcomicfan said:

But he's arguably the biggest. The biggest if you think he outmatches the Anti-Monitor/Mobius. Why not build up to a God of Evil?

It's not just about power it's also about infamy. How well known is said bad guy and how much do people want to see them? It's why we sometimes get rushed into things like Fox with X-3 cramming so many mutants together, the Phoenix and Juggernaut, or Spider-man 3 (or Amazing Spiderman 2) where we got a huge host of bad guys but it was all a big hodge-podge that didn't flow very well.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: I think the Anti-Monitor could be a bigger.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zack Snyder again

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:
@kcomicfan said:

It's not just about power it's also about infamy. How well known is said bad guy and how much do people want to see them? It's why we sometimes get rushed into things like Fox with X-3 cramming so many mutants together, the Phoenix and Juggernaut, or Spider-man 3 (or Amazing Spiderman 2) where we got a huge host of bad guys but it was all a big hodge-podge that didn't flow very well.

The thing is, I don't think any of the New Gods are that well known. Steppenwolf to Darkseid is a logical point though. It's not like DC is saying they'll throw out the entire Legion of Doom here. People on this site have been throwing out Darkseid, Starro, Despero, and Brainiac, so I'll argue Steppenwolf wasn't in the running. But if Steppenwolf is a stepping stone to Darkseid, why not go with that? Especially since, Despero can be saved for maybe a Martian Manhunter story, Starro is...eh. Darkseid can be saved if Steppenwolf is a prelude, and Brainiac is traditionally a Superman villain.

Fair enough, and I suppose it's A and 1 if you don't think the Gentry and The Empty Hand will make an appearance. But there's no cause for concern. We'll likely see Darkseid in some soon enough, if not at least appearing near the end of JL.

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is Snyder still connected to this?

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's a Steppenwolf? It honestly sounds contagious.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

If you mean Snyder, that's contracts for you. Not to mention it would cost them to much to find someone new, cus they have no time because of the actors schedules.

ALso, it seems like all they're doing right now is to really hammer in that they have learned their lesson and that this movie will be fun. As if to say that was the only problem with BvS (a big one, but not the only one).

They're not learning any lesson. This was the plan all along.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:
@doc-holiday said:
@scouterv said:
@kcomicfan said:

The thing is, I don't think any of the New Gods are that well known. Steppenwolf to Darkseid is a logical point though. It's not like DC is saying they'll throw out the entire Legion of Doom here. People on this site have been throwing out Darkseid, Starro, Despero, and Brainiac, so I'll argue Steppenwolf wasn't in the running. But if Steppenwolf is a stepping stone to Darkseid, why not go with that? Especially since, Despero can be saved for maybe a Martian Manhunter story, Starro is...eh. Darkseid can be saved if Steppenwolf is a prelude, and Brainiac is traditionally a Superman villain.

@kcomicfan said:

Fair enough, and I suppose it's A and 1 if you don't think the Gentry and The Empty Hand will make an appearance. But there's no cause for concern. We'll likely see Darkseid in some soon enough, if not at least appearing near the end of JL.

My least favorite thing is that the fall back for these movies over the past...forever :P has always been Evil Kryptonians and Lex Luthor.

At this point, I will take any bad guy who isn't one of the two above mentioned.

I would love to see Bizarro, Parasite (he could be really cool), Metallo; In fact, I am going to go on a tangent here but in the BvS movie, I honestly expected the wheelchair guy to become Metallo. I mean, he lost his legs because of Superman, he hates him, it doesn't seem that far of a jump for Lex to turn him into Metallo but nope...we somehow get a living bomb just for it too...basically do nothing.

All it did was kill that senator and a bunch of innocent people.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By righteous300

@petey_is_spidey said:
@saintwildcard said:
@z3ro180 said:

They're not learning any lesson. This was the plan all along.

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for earthsmightiest
EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hmm, I wonder if Steppenwolf will resurrect Supes with the mother box just to be ripped apart by him? That would be Brutal!

See what I did there Earth 2 fans lol.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm liking what I see for the most part. I'm a little apprehensive about the plot centering around gathering mother boxes since that seems a little too close to the overused mcguffin plots in the MCU. Also, Steppenwolf is a little underwhelming as the first villain but it seems like they're focusing more on the formation of the JL than a big, well known villain which is commendable. I still have faith in Snyder to pull it off. I saw (most of) the UC of BvS. It was so much better than the theatrical release. As long as the "mmmmm"s and "hmmm"s of Lex are scrapped and Superman gains a brighter outlook, he'll be golden to me. Oh, and he has to learn to make shorter movies as well. The UC was good but I can't be expected to always sit through 3 hr movies.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ScouterV

@sly_141 said:

Why is Snyder still connected to this?

Why would he not be? This has been pretty much his vision since the beginning? It's the sequel to BvS. Not to mention, the man makes entertaining and profitable movies. Why wouldn't he be connected?

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

Meh

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

So excited for this movie

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

The amount of I don't care I feel is off the charts. Batman V. Superman broke the universe. It's hard for me to see what could happen to make me care about evil Batman and mopey Superman.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

WB did a good job changing the fan perception of Justice League with this set visit. They gave away a lot and it all makes it sound fun and compotent. It has me interested in the Ultimate cut of BvS a bit more now, still likely a bad movie and terrible foundation but eh lil change.

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good that they can recognise the mistakes they made with b vs s and make moves to correct them. DC's comics aren't the only things getting Rebirthed. Seriously, I totally blame the Nolanverse Batman movies for the darkness in Man of Steel and b vs s. Hope DC continues to run far and fast away from that crap.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm liking what I see for the most part. I'm a little apprehensive about the plot centering around gathering mother boxes since that seems a little too close to the overused mcguffin plots in the MCU. Also, Steppenwolf is a little underwhelming as the first villain but it seems like they're focusing more on the formation of the JL than a big, well known villain which is commendable. I still have faith in Snyder to pull it off. I saw (most of) the UC of BvS. It was so much better than the theatrical release. As long as the "mmmmm"s and "hmmm"s of Lex are scrapped and Superman gains a brighter outlook, he'll be golden to me. Oh, and he has to learn to make shorter movies as well. The UC was good but I can't be expected to always sit through 3 hr movies.

Did you hear about how MoS shot 3.5 hours of footage?

What could possibly be in that extra hour? More lectures from Johnathan? Lol

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:

I heard it was more stuff on Krypton and slightly different scenes.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey said:
@buttersdaman000 said:

I heard it was more stuff on Krypton and slightly different scenes.

Oh. That actually sounds quite interesting...

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Steppenwolf but I hope he gets someone good to play him and some twerp (looking at you Eisenlex). Other than that everything else sounds 'eh' at the moment. Did anyone here read the quote about the red in Wonder Woman's costume being centuries old blood? Sounds a bit extreme but bold move cotton.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just hope they don't get spooked and pull a 180 or something to be more like the MCU. I'm always up for growth and change but I would hate it if all that just leads to a homogenized CBM selection.

comic_fan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cant wait

GeeWhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By GeeWhiz

I don't like the description of Flash's costume. I don't want an Iron Man or Green Arrow's Atom type costume. I'll go into it with an open mind but so far Erza Miller seems very miscast to me. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong.

roaris87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't think BvS was that bad, but I am liking what I'm hearing about JL. I think Steppenwolf is a great choice, a very tough enemy that the League will have to work together to beat, only to find out his boss is pissed and on his way. Also I like the bit about Batman having his hope renewed, maybe that will be his and Supes reason to not kill. Didn't they put Geoff Johns in charge of the DCU? Maybe that's why things are looking up.

DarthVxder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By DarthVxder

@geewhiz: Have you seen Ezra Miller act? Hes perfect for this role.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just be good.

GeeWhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthvxder:

No, I haven't seen him act. I heard he's a good actor. But he doesn't seem right as Barry Allen to me based on what I saw in BvS.

DarthVxder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By DarthVxder

Hes a good actor and his personality is translatable to Barry. In BvS all they did was show him move a little and talk to Bruce and even that was brief. If youre talking physically then I understand in terms of hair and facial structure although those things can be worked around. If you are talking about something in the ultimate cut then spare me the spoilers, havent watched it yet.

Out of all the characters in the JL movie I think he will be up there with Batman in terms of the best done considering everything Ive seen from him in movies.