• 177 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

I retain the view that it's only good and enjoyable in the Theatres. It feels very mediocre now --- the score is overly loud and exaggerated and with some character moments feel very forced. There were just too many stupid moments which took away from the suspense --- "YOU THINK YOU CAN THREATEN MY MOTHER" as you fly away with Zod and leave her with the other three of his soldiers. Pa Kent going for a pointless suicide run in order to teach Clark a very important lesson about letting your family members die pointlessly. Destroying the entire city through collateral damage and killing hundreds, but only becoming truly bothered and willing to kill Zod when he's about to kill a small family. Kissing Lois despite the fact you're a f*cking city-destroying alien and you don't even know her, in order to introduce their romance in a flimsy fashion.

Captain America 3 will have an easy time out-doing this movie if it goes in the direction of Cap 2 or Avengers.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Wow, yeah even I see more faults ever time I watch it, and sure some lines to stink, but to say it isn't enjoyable anymore?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

I watched it on my blu ray last week with my cousins who had never seen the movie before and we all enjoyed it :)

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Looking past MoS' faults it gave us exactly what we asked from a superman movie where he actually punches, and now you hate it for the very reason?

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I retain the view that it's only good and enjoyable in the Theatres. It feels very mediocre now --- the score is overly loud and exaggerated and with some character moments feel very forced.

It's awesome watching in theaters, sure it's not the best superhero movie ever, but it gave a new type superman that's finally not campy as sh!t and also humanize him so we can relate with him.

There were just too many stupid moments which took away from the suspense --- "YOU THINK YOU CAN THREATEN MY MOTHER" as you fly away with Zod and leave her with the other three of his soldiers.

He was fueled with anger he didn't know how to react besides that way.

Pa Kent going for a pointless suicide run in order to teach Clark a very important lesson about letting your family members die pointlessly.

No he was showing how much he loved his son, he was willing to give his life. Just to make sure Clark didn't show his powers because he knew Clark wasn't ready for how the world will react.

Destroying the entire city through collateral damage and killing hundreds, but only becoming truly bothered and willing to kill Zod when he's about to kill a small family.

It was his first day as Superman he doesn't know what to do, in the Christopher Reeve version Clark fought Zod in the middle of the city too. He was bothered when he killed Zod because that was the last of his kind and he had to kill him.

Kissing Lois despite the fact you're a f*cking city-destroying alien and you don't even know her, in order to introduce their romance in a flimsy fashion.

LOL didn't know each other, she knew his biggest secret. They kiss because they thought they were going to die and they thought they won.

Captain America 3 will have an easy time out-doing this movie if it goes in the direction of Cap 2 or Avengers.

If your trying to say Cap 3 will beat out Bat vs Supes in theaters your crazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Incoming DC fans...

@i_like_swords said:

I am almost 100% certain that Cap 3 will be of a better quality to BvS which is just a cameo-fest built around crossover hype that will likely suffer in character development and story drastically. It'll make money but that's where it's success will end.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I think MOS gets better with each viewing. Since I don't want a dragged out debate, I will say I think every point you made is invalid. Not to say it doesn't have faults, it does. And for the millionth time, Clark did maybe 1% of the damage to the city. I think most folks with that criticism missed the part where the World Engine was activated, which did the other 99% of the damage.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Incoming DC fans...

@godzilla44 said:

@i_like_swords said:

I am almost 100% certain that Cap 3 will be of a better quality to BvS which is just a cameo-fest built around crossover hype that will likely suffer in character development and story drastically. It'll make money but that's where it's success will end.

That's your opinion, be it right or wrong. But I am certain BvsS will make more money.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By frozen  Moderator
frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@allstarsuperman said:

@i_like_swords said:

Incoming DC fans...

@godzilla44 said:

@i_like_swords said:

That's your opinion, be it right or wrong. But I am certain BvsS will make more money.

Yes, and we'll hopefully get to see Batman beat down Superman.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Wolverine008
No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

Incoming DC fans...

@godzilla44 said:

@i_like_swords said:

And I'm entitled to that opinion, and it's also shared by quite a few people.

That's nice. Let me know when DC has topped Iron Man, Captain America 1&2, and, hell, even the likes of Thor and Avengers in quality.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Incoming DC fans...

@godzilla44 said:

@i_like_swords said:

We don't know what movie will be better, but I think everyone agrees BvS will make tons of more money.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By Spideysense44

I'm gonna agree with this a little

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

Incoming DC fans...

@godzilla44 said:

@i_like_swords said:

And I'm entitled to that opinion, which is shared by quite a few people.

That's nice. Let me know when DC tops Cap 1&2, Iron Man, Avengers or Thor in quality.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotta disagree. Watched it last night on the TV in my bedroom. It was fantastic. Only complaint was that I couldn't make it louder because of my roommates.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

Incoming DC fans...

@godzilla44 said:

@i_like_swords said:

We don't know what movie will be better, but I think everyone agrees BvS will make tons of more money.

I'd rather make a movie which has a level of quality that receives praise for years to come (while still smashing the budget) than have some piece of sh*t cameo fest cash-cow be pumped out and be remembered as that forced live action response to Avengers that didn't turn out too well.

hurr Batman n Supeers very very popular they are makin so much money lol dC ftw avengers suks cus hulk got angry for no resin n chitauri dumb lol

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman said:

@i_like_swords said:

Incoming DC fans...

@godzilla44 said:

@i_like_swords said:

That's nice. Let me know when DC tops Cap 1&2, Iron Man, Avengers or Thor in quality.

Batman Begin,Dark Knight,Dark Knight Rises, MOS IMO, Batman, Superman, Superman 2, Watchmen.

IMO Cap 1, Iron Man 2 and 3, Thor sucked

Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

Thanks for the info on MoS, still trying to make myself watch it. LOL @ BvsS......BS get it? Let's hope the movie isn't

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godzilla44 said:

@i_like_swords said:

Incoming DC fans...

@godzilla44 said:

@i_like_swords said:

I'd rather make a movie which has a level of quality that receives praise for years to come (while still smashing the budget) than have some piece of sh*t cameo fest cash-cow be pumped out and be remembered as that forced live action response to Avengers that didn't turn out too well.

hurr Batman n Supeers very very popular they are makin so much money lol dC ftw avengers suks cus hulk got angry for no resin n chitauri dumb lol

WOW butt-hurt Marvel fan here

Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

Incoming DC fans...

@godzilla44 said:

@i_like_swords said:

Of course there's "incoming DC fans". You've purposely baited them. (I admit, I am one.) It'd be like if I made a thread saying "Marvel has zero good comics right now." (Which I don't think is true, but as an example.) and then didn't expect Marvel fans to come to their defense. To be honest, I think you're being disingenuous. Every complaint you have against MOS is something that's not relevant to just seeing it in the theatre. Pa Kent dies in the tornado, Clark kisses Lois and kills Zod no matter where or when the movie is seen. It's not like those are only in the Blu-Ray version. I think you just wanted to list what you see as MOS faults because someone did that with The Avengers. That's fine, and your entitled to your opinion, but the title of this thread should read "Here's what I didn't like about the MOS."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

@allstarsuperman said:

@i_like_swords said:

Incoming DC fans...

@godzilla44 said:

@i_like_swords said:

Batman Begin,Dark Knight,Dark Knight Rises, MOS IMO, Batman, Superman, Superman 2, Watchmen.

IMO Cap 1, Iron Man 2 and 3, Thor sucked

Oh we're all very aware those are your opinions, seeing as actual reviews speak a very different story.

The original Superman movie, Watchmen and the Nolan trilogy have nothing to do with the live action crossover universe DC has created to compete with Marvel. I haven't been bringing up any of the others great Marvel movies like Blade, X-Men First Class, Amazing Spider-Man, Original Spider-Man 1&2 ect, but we really can go there if you want.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@i_like_swords: TDK trilogy. TDK was the best film of 2008. Quality, not quantity.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#25  Edited By Black_Claw

MOS is a dead horse. Stop beating it.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 frozen  Moderator

Nope. The Christopher Reeve movies are a dead horse --- Superman will never be that version again.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman said:

@i_like_swords said:

Incoming DC fans...

@godzilla44 said:

@i_like_swords said:

Of course there's "incoming DC fans". You've purposely baited them. (I admit, I am one.) It'd be like if I made a thread saying "Marvel has zero good comics right now." (Which I don't think is true, but as an example.) and then didn't expect Marvel fans to come to their defense. To be honest, I think you're being disingenuous. Every complaint you have against MOS is something that's not relevant to just seeing it in the theatre. Pa Kent dies in the tornado, Clark kisses Lois and kills Zod no matter where or when the movie is seen. It's not like those are only in the Blu-Ray version. I think you just wanted to list what you see as MOS faults because someone did that with The Avengers. That's fine, and your entitled to your opinion, but the title of this thread should read "Here's what I didn't like about the MOS."

@i_like_swords said:

@godzilla44 said:

@i_like_swords said:

Incoming DC fans...

@godzilla44 said:

@i_like_swords said:

WOW butt-hurt Marvel fan here

Are you two aware that this thread is a parody of a thread a DC fan made, which dogged on the Avengers? I just copy and pasted what he said and replaced the buzzwords.

Maybe you should go to that thread and argue with him too since I'm obviously so biased and you guys are completely unbiased and would be just as quick to jump down his throat, right?

This is a public forum. I can express my views however I want. If you feel like you're being baited then don't bite, unless you really do have such a tiny amount of self-control that you need to come into threads like this and cry about bias and baiting.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 frozen  Moderator

@i_like_swords: You didn't dog my thread --- it provoked an unnecessary reaction from you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@i_like_swords: You didn't dog my thread --- it provoked an unnecessary reaction from you.

What..? I didn't "dog" your thread? I know I didn't.

I guess the Avengers provoked an unnecessary reaction from you too then, seeing as all I'm doing here is expressing my views, which I previously would have withheld, but since it's in-fashion to point out the flaws in movies, thought I'd give it a try.

Sorry if you guys aren't okay with double standards not working.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@black_claw said:

Nope. The Christopher Reeve movies are a dead horse --- Superman will never be that version again.

and thank god that's true

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@i_like_swords said:

@frozen said:

What..? I didn't "dog" your thread? I know I didn't.

I guess the Avengers provoked an unnecessary reaction from you too then, seeing as all I'm doing here is expressing my views, which I previously would have withheld, but since it's in-fashion to point out the flaws in movies, thought I'd give it a try.

Sorry if you guys aren't okay with double standards not working.

I think you're trying to make a point that is unnecessary. Everything you said in the OP is a strength of the film.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

You should at least give him points for not being subtle about a DC vs Marvel pissing contest thread, because so many others try to do that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: So are you.. LOL

Unless it's stated in the rules that User: Frozen can do what he wants but nobody else can because it then becomes unnecessary - I don't think so.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Blade_R

Im not a DC fanboy, and I never saw Man Of Steel in theatres but I enjoyed it...but I also have a large tv with a quality surround sound system, but I still feel like I would have liked it either way.

myerlanski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By myerlanski

Well, this essentially the same thread just flipped over to the MOS....I will quote my same post "I felt Man of Steel was an absolute gem of a film. He made me finally feel on film that Clark was indeed alien. To get a good view of krypton. Its culture, politics,landscapes, technology, and its wildlife.

I think they played into his solidarity of being different well. It was a great mixture of Starman and the early Superman films.

I've always felt like how great it would be to be like Superman, but I actually got a sense of how difficult it would be for a being trying to survive in a world that potentially fears you. Like all films there are some inconsistencies but its a solid film in my book."

I don't get the problem about the whole collateral damage thing. You have a city being destroyed by a machine doing massive gravitational damage. Then you have a being who crushes building like eggshells that has no reservations on destroying everything in his path. There is only so much a person can do.

Clarks complete race is basically exstinct. The whole race. I can sympathize with a being that has always felt alone and has to make a decision to kill  the last of a race on the brink of extinction. Plus no one makes the decision to kill that easily, its a difficult matter....well for some anyway.

I liked both films. Avengers and MOS. The advantages of enjoying both Marvel and DC ...truly I just like comics all around doesn't matter who the publisher is...jus give me a good title.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MOS is a terrible film. Childish thread though.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You should at least give him points for not being subtle about a DC vs Marvel pissing contest thread, because so many others try to do that.

It's not even that.. it's just I see so many DC fans (namely, Frozen) who constantly dog on Marvel movies when really.. DC hasn't done much better on the whole. Just keeping the balance of criticism neutral :p

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@i_like_swords said:

Unless it's stated in the rules that User: Frozen can do what he wants but nobody else can because it then becomes unnecessary - I don't think so.

I'm not saying that --- I just think if I did not make my thread, you wouldn't have made this. It feels silly.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#40  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@i_like_swords said:

@fallschirmjager said:

It's not even that.. it's just I see so many DC fans (namely, Frozen) who constantly dog on Marvel movies when really.. DC hasn't done much better on the whole. Just keeping the balance of criticism neutral :p

I consider them both even in the film department (good or bad) and frankly see users bitching about both sides. Look no further than that TWS vs TDK thread (where TWS is handily winning the poll btw) and people are on hating on two of the greatest CBM's made just to day "Marvel/DC wins". Its pathetic.

It completely goes both ways, sorry if you think otherwise. Everyone has an opinion and since film is completely subjective, they aren't wrong if they don't like something you like or vice versa.

So yes, its a pissing contest and it always will be.

One day we might stop being so childish (and I do mean we, because I do it too) and only care that we get good stories, not where they come from.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

MOS is a terrible film. Childish thread though.

- Expresses views

- Is childish

- About 98% of the population must be childish

- Farkam is a moral paragon who would never delve into such lowly childish depths

- You deserve one of these

No Caption Provided

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@i_like_swords said:

I'm not saying that --- I just think if I did not make my thread, you wouldn't have made this. It feels silly.

Yeah, that's the point. Marvel gets criticized - DC gets criticized. Order is restored.

@i_like_swords said:

@fallschirmjager said:

I consider them both even in the film department (good or bad) and frankly see users bitching about both sides.

So yes, its a pissing contest and it always will be.

One day we might stop being so childish (and I do mean we, because I do it too) and only care that we get good stories, not where they come from.

You're essentially right, but until we as a species evolve and can avoid doing this sort of thing, I'm just gonna keep saying MOS sucks for every criticism Marvel gets. Shamelessly.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 frozen  Moderator

@i_like_swords:

Yeah, that's the point. Marvel gets criticized - DC gets criticized. Order is restored.

I made that thread to voice opinion on a film --- all I'm saying is that I don't want a pissing contest.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just sitting here laughing man.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@i_like_swords:

I made that thread to voice opinion on a film --- all I'm saying is that I don't want a pissing contest.

Is that why you were already comparing the Avengers to BvS in that very thread, arguing with people about which company will make more money, and are purposely making threads to point out one companies negatives but only praise the positives of another?

I feel like Bear Grylls right now, your piss is everywhere. I'll survive for years with all of this piss.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@i_like_swords said:

@frozen said:

@i_like_swords:

Is that why you were already comparing the Avengers to BvS in that very thread, arguing with people about which company will make more money, and are purposely making threads to point out one companies negatives but only praise the positives of another?

I feel like Bear Grylls right now, your piss is everywhere. I'll survive for years with all of this piss.

No Caption Provided

Wrong...

I contrasted it as The Avengers was a clear influencing factor into why Batman vs Superman was given the go-ahead, if the sequel is on the quality of MOS, it will already be better than The Avengers IMO. Man of Steel, had a greater story and more depth. I never once asserted my opinion as 'fact' --- the thread was an interesting one as genuine discussion was generated, a pissing contest is not needed.

Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wasn't aware of frozens thread, so I thought this was "swords" making a thread to bait DC fans. Which I admit, depending on my mood, I can gravitate to. Especially when I feel someone is trying to make me feel like I'm "wrong" for liking DC more. That said. This is basically Frozen made a stupid thread, so you felt the need to follow-up with an equally stupid thread. I am surprised that you say you'll do this EVERY time Marvel get a criticism? So, nothing Marvel has done, book or movie-wise should get criticized? Everything they've done is good?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: You incite pissing contests by constantly posting views that are entirely pro-DC and anti-Marvel. Seriously, practice what you preach. I even listed examples of such views and you weren't able to justify them, so I'll take that as concession of your intent to incite pissing contests because you like DC far too much.

The end night night clap clap lights out bada bing bada boom MOS sucks.