inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

Morena Baccarin was cast for the upcoming Deadpool film, starring Ryan Reynolds, but it was never revealed who she was playing. Well, Baccarin tweeted out a picture today that pretty much revealed which character she would be portraying, through a little detective work.

All it says it is "Vanessa" and in addition with the Rob Liefeld Tweet that stated the character's first appearance was New Mutants #98. Keeping all that in mind, it's pretty obvious that "Vanessa" is Vanessa Geraldine Carlysle, also known as Copycat. Seems like a pretty good fit for both the actor and the character she's playing within this new Deadpool cinematic world.

Deadpool hits theaters on February 12, 2016

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Nice!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2 the_stegman  Moderator

Cool, I guess. Though, out of all the superhero movies coming out, Deadpool is the one I'm least excited for.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

VANESSA?! :O That's getting deep!

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

Sweet. I'm so looking forward to this movie.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

vandinejd_1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know what im doing for Valentine's Day next year.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

TOLD YA SO TOLD YA SO TOLD YA TOLD YA TOLD YA SO.

ANOTHER SHAPESHIFTER IS ABOUT TO BECOME LEGEND. YEAH COPYCAT

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#8  Edited By The Lobster

So far so good. TJ Miller is a great choice for Weasel, Gina Carino will be awesome as a female side villain, and Morena Baccarin as Copycat will be fantastic as Vanessa. Now we just gotta figure out who Ed Skrein is playing. My bet is still on Ajax.

This movie is shaping up to be something insanely.....AWESOME!!!!! It's hard to believe that after almost 8 years of waiting, it's finally going to happen!!!!

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

Nice.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

cool :)

Timotheus316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Timotheus316

I need to bone up on my Deadpool reading. I really liked Vanessa back in the day and need to revisit some of that ole Deadpool goodness.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

100% perfect! :)

Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Good news is, nobody will make any Mystique comparisons--Raven's dark blue and red tresses compared to Vanessa's sky blue and cloud-white tresses....

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Copycat is one of the best mutants ever. Shame she's been MIA for so long.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They said a romantic interest.

It was obvious who it was.

Avatar image for mrmatchesmalone
Mrmatchesmalone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diggin it! Yes, let's do this!

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: Do u think they will bring her back in the comics ?

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Morena Baccarin is very sexy, beautiful & i can't wait to see how she plays Copycat, maybe she will Surpass Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique.

Protoflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only one who just wishes they'd adapt Posehn and Duggan's run on the character? I know its new but still

Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

Copycat is one of the best mutants ever. Shame she's been KIA for so long.

Fixed.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Teerack

@grandsymbiote94 said:
@teerack said:

Fixed.

They retconned her death a quite awhile ago so that she survived and has actually been various women in Deadpool's life since. Trying to make his life miserable.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Teerack

@cloakx14 said:

@teerack: Do u think they will bring her back in the comics ?

I hope so they had that really brilliant story a while ago where she didn't die and actually had been various women in deadpool's life since.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: i would love to see her in the comics books too.

Eivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thought this was pretty obvious.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@protoflash: i think its pretty funny and i think they should i love how they re-invent his origin in the story with current events.

GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

@grandsymbiote94 said:
@teerack said:

Fixed.

They retconned her death a quite awhile ago so that she survived and has actually been various women in Deadpool's life since. Trying to make his life miserable.

When? If you're talking about the issue he was married that was referencing older issues. That was a story arc from years ago. L

Avatar image for thelegionproject
TheLegionProject

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AQUI É BR POARR!

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Teerack

@grandsymbiote94 said:

@teerack said:

@grandsymbiote94 said:
@teerack said:

Fixed.

When? If you're talking about the issue he was married that was referencing older issues. That was a story arc from years ago. L

Yeah I know about the story it was refereeing. The reason it referenced that story was to help give you some context when they also had a story taking place after she died where she was running a Mexican food truck and introduced Wade to chimichanga's without him knowing about it.

GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By GrandSymbiote94
@teerack said:

@grandsymbiote94 said:

@teerack said:

@grandsymbiote94 said:
@teerack said:

Fixed.

Yeah I know about the story it was refereeing. The reason it referenced that story was to help give you some context when they also had a story taking place after she died where she was running a Mexican food truck and introduced Wade to chimichanga's without him knowing about it.

No. Lol. The puppet story took place after Slayback almost killed her and he gave her blood to keep her alive. Lol. Her death scene took place in a zoo not a monk temple. The puppet story/chimichanga stand took place before her death.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Teerack

@grandsymbiote94: I don't remember it was like over a decade ago.

Maybe Charles Soule will just pull her out of thin air since she was a big part of Weapon X and he is writing Wolverines.

GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

@grandsymbiote94: I don't remember it was like over a decade ago.

Yea I know. Lol. The only reason I remember is because the issue with Slayback was the first issue I read. If you want I can look for the scans and show you for nostalgia reasons. :D

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Teerack

@grandsymbiote94: Nah if i cared enough I would just flip thought the comics to remind myself, but i don't care. You're right though cause I can remember the time she died with Slayback and the art was all ugly and 90s, and I remember the time she pretended to be Syrin to ruin his relationship and it had more modern early 00s art. I don't remember how she died though... I kind of want to say she was pretending to be Titania when Deadpool had roommates, but I'm not sure if that happened or if it was after that time Deadpool rejoined Weapon X and looked normal again... eh what ever.

GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

Maybe Charles Soule will just pull her out of thin air since she was a big part of Weapon X and he is writing Wolverines.

Could happen. Marvel hasn't been really big on consistency lately. I would have mixed feelings about it though. On hand I would be mad because it was her death was a defining moment for the old deadpool series, but on the other we would have a classic Deadpool supporting character back. You notice how all of his supporting characters & villains disappeared? Blind Al was mentioned once in his new series, Weasel, Bob, Agent X, T-Ray, Slayback, Ajax, etc... just magically disappeared and it infuriates me to no end.

GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

@grandsymbiote94: Nah if i cared enough I would just flip thought the comics to remind myself, but i don't care. You're right though cause I can remember the time she died with Slayback and the art was all ugly and 90s, and I remember the time she pretended to be Syrin to ruin his relationship and it had more modern early 00s art. I don't remember how she died though... I kind of want to say she was pretending to be Titania when Deadpool had roommates, but I'm not sure if that happened or if it was after that time Deadpool rejoined Weapon X and looked normal again... eh what ever.

Na she died when she joined Weapon X and Sabretooth was sent to kill her for a reason I can't remember right now. That was when he died and Thanos gave him the death curse which was forgotten. Lol

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Teerack

@grandsymbiote94: I hated everything about T-Ray. He became just a mess of a character who did nothing but sloppy up Deadpool's history.

I think they should have an issue where Al just died cause of her age because there isn't much else to do with her.

I would like to see Weasel and Wade actually make up and Wade treat him like a friend again since for the longest time he was the only one who had his back.

Bob was around in the gauntlet and stuff, so I don't think he's ever left he keeps showing up.

Agent X was a stupid rip off character that no one liked for the most part and the creators handled in a way everyone kind of wished he would be handled he was just a mistake.

Slayback was a terrible villain who they should stop bringing up because he's had a few appearances recently.

I never cared for Ajax.

I wouldn't mind seeing more of Kaine again I thought he was a pretty cool villain.

I'd love to see more Outlaw she was great.

I wish just overall they would did a better job continuing to show the friendships Deadpool has with the other big time mercs like Bullseye, Taskmaster, Constrictor, etc.

I would also love a return of Zoe Culloden but I would not want to see more of Montgomery unless they found away to make him look normal since the last time we saw him.

GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By GrandSymbiote94

@teerack: You have a huge point about T-Ray. T-Ray was one of the main factors that made his character history very inconsistent, but what I liked about him and Slayback is that they knew how to provoke a huge emotional response out of Wade. I feel T-Ray if brought back should be retconned to have been lying the whole time about Wade killing him.

That would be nice actually, a lil talk about DP never sees her, some forgiveness, and a pep talk would be awesome from Al. :). Also I want the fact that she knew Captain America to be expanded upon. Lol.

Agreed Weasel really needs to be back in Wades book somehow, their interaction was great and Ways run just destroyed any friendship they've had.

I haven't read Gauntlet yet, but I'll read up on it soon. That explains how he met Shiklah doesn't it?

I liked Agent X I think the main point/joke of his character was to be a rip off of Wade develop into his own character. Not to mention the interaction between the 2 was hilarious. :D

Meh. I liked him from the issue we were discussing earlier. Lol. I think I would prefer him seeking revenge than that Terrorist group ultimatum or whatever the Hell their name is.

Me neither. Lol. He just seemed so pointless...

Eh. I have mixed feelings for Kane, I liked him as a Frenemy, but wouldn't mind him being in X-Force books again.

I loved Outlaw for the potential love interest she served as, but currently I don't knows where she could fit among the cast.

Also agreed. I really miss that one merc bar he and T-Ray went too. The hellhole? I don't remember what it was called. But I mean they at least he still has Paste Pot Pete. :P but really I do miss the Bullseye and Taskmaster fights/team ups. Constrictor is cool but he just seems easily forgotten. Lol

GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

I would also love a return of Zoe Culloden but I would not want to see more of Montgomery unless they found away to make him look normal since the last time we saw him.

I like Montgomery lol. He always managed to give Wade good advice and council. I could imagine both of them coming back and offering him a new job for a new agency or something along those lines. What happened to that old hippie who sat on the bench with Deadpool? Forgot his name.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Teerack
@grandsymbiote94 said:

@teerack said:

I like Montgomery lol. He always managed to give Wade good advice and council. I could imagine both of them coming back and offering him a new job for a new agency or something along those lines. What happened to that old hippie who sat on the bench with Deadpool? Forgot his name.

Yeah they never followed up on that all powerful Santa Claus looking guy after Wade got pissed at him. I liked Monti in terms of character I just hated how he looked and don't want to see him regularly again unless he looks better.

@grandsymbiote94 said:

@teerack:

I haven't read Gauntlet yet, but I'll read up on it soon. That explains how he met Shiklah doesn't it?

Yeah it was how they met/fell in love. I really liked it and because it was an infinity comic it doesn't take much time to read.

@grandsymbiote94 said:

@teerack:

I loved Outlaw for the potential love interest she served as, but currently I don't knows where she could fit among the cast.

Wade should hire her to be a nanny for his daughter because she is one of the few people he can trust who is probably good with kids and he should have a nanny who could kick butt and protect her from all of the crazy stuff that might try and harm her.

@grandsymbiote94 said:

@teerack: Constrictor is cool but he just seems easily forgotten. Lol

I'm going to assume you didn't read much of Thunderbolts then did you? Constrictor was so awesome in that series and actually had his fair share of heart breaking moments like how he explained being unable to hold his baby because his arms were ripped off and the robot arms he has now are way too powerful and unable to do delicate things he might hurt it.

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just here to hate on non MCU "Marvel" properties.

*HATES*

Carry on.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Thought she would be Death, but her playing Copycat is cool

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts