Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll MCU vs DCEU (155 votes)

MCU 76%
DCEU 24%

Which one in YOUR opinion is more entertaining to watch.

• 
JBBuc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't like MoS, but I enjoyed BvS... They are not flawless, but I have mostly enjoyed all of the MCU movies.

At the end of the day, the MCU is just more fun. It's a bit counterintuitive because, to me, the lighter tone of the MCU movies make them more enjoyable than the DCEU movies, and the darker tone of the of the Netflix shows give them a slight edge over the entertaining-but-sometimes-cartoonish CW shows.

I'm not sure that makes sense, but that's my opinion.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The MCU. They seem to inspire more confidence in their brand at least for me.

The DCEU has by far become one of the biggest jokes of 2016 for me and many others.

casper4690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both are garbage.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a84a212043e5
deactivated-5a84a212043e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: yeah sample size for DCEU is still to small for a fair comparison

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The MCU. They seem to inspire more confidence in their brand at least for me.

The DCEU has by far become one of the biggest jokes of 2016 for me and many others.

This.

I love Marvel's movies, and the Ant-Man was the first movie in a year to make me smile during parts.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Right now I'd say the MCU because they're firing on all cylinders. It's like a professional athlete in their prime with them at this point. It's been a long a$$ road to get to where we are with it, and the people behind it have put in a lot of work to make it as good as it is and accessible to both the sweaties and the general audiences.

The DCEU is a baby in comparison to the MCU. We're just getting started with it. There's tons of potential with it I think, and I'm excited to see where it's going. Especially once we get to see the other directors (Patty Jenkins, James Wan & Rick Famuyiwa) additions to what Snyder has kicked off in this movie-verse. What I really like most about the DCEU is new interpretations of classic characters to keep things fresh and the nice alternative it provides to what's going on over in the MCU.

Overall it's just an AMAZING time for comicbook movies in general I think

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

FOX.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel Cinematic Universe, not even a question. Not only have I enjoyed all of their films (although a few had some issues) they also have some amazing shows that are within it with Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Agents of SHIELD, Luke Cage, and Agent Carter and all the one-shots.

minorincon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel. But not just because the films are better. Also because the characters differ so greatly.

Let's be careful about making comparisons with only three films in the dceu, but honestly, the villains all having dreams about not wanting to really be villains, batman and superman both being brooding characters, and Lois lane being a one dimensional "strong female reporter" really diminishes the character diversity. Plus characters that looked interesting like cpt boomerang and katana get shafted for the "misunderstood criminals".

Avatar image for xthe_black_adamx
XThe_Black_Adamx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel is more enjoyable, everything has a lighter tone as opposed to DCEU. I hated Dawn of Justice and Man of Squeal, they seemed so boring imo. Suicide squad was fantastic and Idk how I feel about Justice League. Marvel is just clearly winning.

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Saberscar223

I think marvel has more interesting characters past the C list characters. ALOT of DC characters seem like copies of super man and greenlatern and Wonder Woman.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Let's compare the first 3 movies.

I'd give it to DCEU for more fun to watch despite them losing in the quality department

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU definitely (though they have FAR more content, which really makes this an unfair comparison)

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

14 vs 3 isn't fair. So, to compare the first three entries.

Ironman=MOS

BVS>>Incredible Hulk

Suicide Squad=<Ironman 2

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why's this even a question? Even if it was the DCEU's first three films (MoS, BvS, SS) vs MCU's last three films (Doctor Strange, Civil War, Ant Man). The answer would still be obvious.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

MCU for me.

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU for sure, but this still isnt a fair question imo. DCEU only has 4 movies, while MCU has like 20. MCU worse movies can easily get looked past with so many movies. One bad movie from DCEU, and it is clear. Once DCEU gets another 2 - 4 movies, this will be a great question.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Bump.

why?

its not like 16 vs 4 is fair

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Revan-
sl-wopr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By sl-wopr

Good movies: BvS, MoS, WW

Pretty good movies: IM1

Average movies: Cap 1&2

Average on first watch movies: Avengers 1*

I've listed only movies that were worth watching atleast once(*) everything else can be forgotten. Marvel has quantity(4/16) but quality(3/4) goes to DCEU so far.

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MainJP

I dunno.....MCU?

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

DCEU has yet to make a good movie, imo

Blaredevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keenko said:

DCEU has yet to make a good movie, imo

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sl-wopr: Lmao what? I think you mean:

• Amazing movies: TWS, GotG, Homecoming, Iron Man
  • Great Movies: Civil War, Avengers (1 & 2), Doctor Strange, Thor
  • Good Movies: Wonder Woman, Ant-Man, IM3, MoS, GotG 2
  • Meh Movies: Thor 2, IM2, Hulk
  • Awful movies: BvS, Suicide Squad
Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First 4 movies

Iron Man > Man Of Steel

Incredible Hulk > BvS (Have not seen Ultimate)

Iron Man 2 > Suicide Squad

Thor = WonderWoman

Chris-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU def. I enjoy Foxverse also but they're going to decline with the loss of jackman and Stewart.

Avatar image for deactivated-60758db60e021
deactivated-60758db60e021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Most of the MCU is fine. Avengers was great, so was Iron Man and Winter Soldier as well as Civil War. Hulk is...OK. Both GOTG movies are pretty good. Ant Man was good. So, ya get the point. Mostly, MCU is fine. Now the DCEU on the other hand.... well, it isn't fine. In fact (and I'm yet to see Wonder Woman) it's mostly shit. MoS explored some interesting themes that hadn't been seen before with Superman, but the execution was poor and the characterisation of Kal-El himself was just... despicable. BVS is shit. I'm not gonna go further or this will become a 20 page rant on why I hate BVS. Suicide Squad was a complete let-down with bad writing, terrible editing, inconsistent direction and perhaps the worst iteration of The Joker ever put to film. MCU >>>> DCEU. Except for Wonder Woman, which I haven't seen yet.

JamesWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wonder woman was good......but that's all dcu has. DCEU would even lose out to fox, cause even thoigh fox has garbage showimgs, they have heights dcu haven't reached yet, like Logan most recently. For every dud theres a good film. DCCU needs to be fleshed out, and soon, or they will miss the superhero bubble

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU, because of the characters.

Avatar image for deactivated-5abbc73944668
deactivated-5abbc73944668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DCEU stomps.

MCU makes mainstream garbage comedy for the most part, one entry hardly much different than the other. DCEU needs to continue to make dramatic solos with better characters. Wonder Woman and MoS are better CBMs than anything from MCU.

MCU has twenty movies, DCEU has five. All MCU has is a numbers advantage and enough screw ups to work out the kinks in their formula. Comedy+Multiple superheros on screen= fanboy heaven. Add this to the fact DCEU phase 1 is more profitable than MCUs (not that that's relevant) and even now I prefer DCEUs tone and style of movies.

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man of Steel solos a lot of MCU films.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#36  Edited By Eto

17 films vs 5 films

Aight

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@manonthemountain: Black Panther, Infinity War look serious toned to me.

There will always be jokes. Don’t act like DCEU isn’t heading the same direction, just look at JL ffs.

icec0ld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the DCEU overall I can't stand the new marvel film's.

My favorites of all time:

Blade 1&2

Spiderman 1&2

Logan

Man of steel

Justice league

Ironman 1&3

X2

Winter soldier

Of those X2, man of steel and Logan are the best.

icec0ld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By icec0ld

@eto:

There is a huge difference between some jokes and being a full blown children's comedy.

Someone counted all the jokes in every marvel film and they average 1 joke every four minutes. Avengers had one joke every 46 seconds. The entire movie is a running punch line.

https://www.google.com/amp/comicbook.com/marvel/amp/2018/01/29/every-joke-marvel-cinematic-universe-infographic/

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DCEU stomps.

MCU makes mainstream garbage comedy for the most part, one entry hardly much different than the other. DCEU needs to continue to make dramatic solos with better characters. Wonder Woman and MoS are better CBMs than anything from MCU.

MCU has twenty movies, DCEU has five. All MCU has is a numbers advantage and enough screw ups to work out the kinks in their formula. Comedy+Multiple superheros on screen= fanboy heaven. Add this to the fact DCEU phase 1 is more profitable than MCUs (not that that's relevant) and even now I prefer DCEUs tone and style of movies.

you do realize DCEU would never have made as much money as it did it its phase one had not been for Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eto said:

@manonthemountain: Black Panther, Infinity War look serious toned to me.

There will always be jokes. Don’t act like DCEU isn’t heading the same direction, just look at JL ffs.

I would count on there being plenty of comedy in BP and IW, it is a Marvel film after all. Let's just hope it doesn't ruin them.

you do realize DCEU would never have made as much money as it did it its phase one had not been for Marvel

We've already had this talk, that's simply not true. CBMs were already pretty hot by then thanks primarily to DC.

@tj849 said:

Man of Steel solos a lot of MCU films.

All of them.

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man of steel movie is my fav from all those movies, but mcu obvs stomps in terms of entertainment and Infinity war will probably be cherry on top.

Wrathofthebrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU by far.

The DCEU has just Wonder Woman which is a pretty good movie and Man of Steel which is a decent movie, the rest is just...

Avatar image for generalbeastgod
generalbeastgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By generalbeastgod

@manonthemountain: I don't know guy. The DCCU is factually pretty trash. FLOPPED trash even

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MajorSour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MajorSour

@manonthemountain said:

DCEU stomps.

No Caption Provided

MCU is not a comedy genre. Its a superhero genre evoking fun to draw a mainstream audience. Comedy is part of fun but fun isn't equal to comedy. You need to watch more comedies if you think MCU is trying to make comedies.

If you are going to bash MCU, at least understand logic and also what the Marvel Studios' president and the film directors' intentions were.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@majorsour: Eh pretty sure most their movies are comedies, or with a large amount of comedy in them, some done well others not so much.

Their intention was obvious, sell highly marketable easily digested comedies for mass audiences and watch the money roll in. Not knocking them, I just prefer a darker more gritty tone to my movies for the most part.

DCEU phase 1>MCU phase 1.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MOS and WW are the only good things to come out of the DCEU so far

MajorSour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By MajorSour

@manonthemountain said:

@majorsour: Eh pretty sure most their movies are comedies, or with a large amount of comedy in them, some done well others not so much.

Their intention was obvious, sell highly marketable easily digested comedies for mass audiences and watch the money roll in. Not knocking them, I just prefer a darker more gritty tone to my movies for the most part.

DCEU phase 1>MCU phase 1.

1. A movie that has comedy doesn't mean its main goal is comedy.
  2. MCU's main goal is superhero action, with fun as secondary but still important complement to the superhero action. And part of that fun is comedy.
  3. If comedy films failed to be funny, its a failed comedy. If superhero films failed to be funny, its another thing altogether.
  4. A lot of superhero movies besides MCU also uses comedy as part of a secondary entertainment goal. Even the Dark Knight trilogy has a bit of that, albeit a different style from the MCU and in smaller spades.
  5. How to tell whether a film's main goal is not comedy: The visual and audio emphasis throughout the film. When I think a GOTG film I think space action stuff, not comedy.
  6. If you still think comedy is an MCU film's main goal then maybe you are focusing on it too much when the directors didn't really care that much about it.
MajorSour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By MajorSour

As for OP: MCU overall currently but its not a fair comparison since MCU has way more films made so far. DCEU has its own style I can appreciate though.