MCU Iron Man or Captain America: The Better Hero

• 52 results
ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll MCU Iron Man or Captain America: The Better Hero (52 votes)

Iron Man 27%
Captain America 73%

Who do you feel is the better hero?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally like the douchebag side of Iron man over the boycott tone of captain America.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 rogueshadow  Moderator

Steve is very much the hero's hero, he's the guy who instinctively knows the right thing to do and will go all the way with it. Tony is the guy who's got a gift and wants to do good with it, but is maybe a bit of a sh*tty human being in some ways, which can lead to misguided endeavours, so he often needs to work a little harder to get to that place Cap is pretty much always at.

Both are equally heroic in their own ways, Cap's classic heroism defines him as much as Tony's struggles towards it defines him. It's subjective as to which you'll gravitate towards.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#TeamIronMan

TheNatty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Cap. They chose him for the SSS for a reason and he's a good man. Like what Dr. Erskine said about the serum, it makes a bad guy go evil and a good man be great.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap obviously. Tony has admirable qualities but Steve is essentially the archetype of heroism, which you can argue makes him boring or one dimensional, but also means that this kind of "who's the better hero" comparison shouldn't exist.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap obviously. Tony has admirable qualities but Steve is essentially the archetype of heroism, which you can argue makes him boring or one dimensional, but also means that this kind of "who's the better hero" comparison shouldn't exist.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Steve is very much the hero's hero, he's the guy who instinctively knows the right thing to do and will go all the way with it. Tony is the guy who's got a gift and wants to do good with it, but is maybe a bit of a sh*tty human being in some ways, which can lead to misguided endeavours, so he often needs to work a little harder to get to that place Cap is pretty much always at.

Both are equally heroic in their own ways, Cap's classic heroism defines him as much as Tony's struggles towards it defines him. It's subjective as to which you'll gravitate towards.

Summed it up nicely.

Can't say I like Post-Avengers Tony Stark or his characterization (Tony Stank); that of a sad clown always goofing up (the creation of Ultron, hunting down and imprisoning his teammates, involving a random teenager into his little "family feud", attempting to murder Bucky). I prefer IM1, IM2, Avengers portrayal; a zany rebel, showoff and genius.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is kind of vague. Is this a matter of who we like more? Or who is the better hero? Captain America is obviously more self-less and a better person, but Iron Man is way cooler :p

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f
deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron-man's choices have ultimately done more harm than good,which you even see that in his character. It's kind of sad. Cap all the way.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap. IM is just cleaning after his mistakes 9/10 times

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By seastone98
No Caption Provided

cap............ how is this a question?

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
deactivated-5967bf6197d40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we're talking about who's the most heroic, definitely Cap.

As fun as Tony is and despite all he's done, his motives in every film are largely selfish. He breaks out of that sometimes (Avengers) but for the most part his reasons for putting on the suit are mainly personal. On top of that, he's largely a slave to whatever fear/guilt he's feeling at the moment rather than thinking of what would be best for actually helping people.

Steve started out as a good guy that wanted to help and has remained so incredibly selfless that one of the main cruxes of Civil War is exploring what happens if he is selfish for once.

Steve definitely takes it.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultimately stark is the better hero. Cap was essentially a loser before his SSS injection. The only reason he even survives and does some of the things he does is thanks to a simple SSS injection. Not only that, he was also a coward before the SSS, and the SSS made him brave/courageous as well. SSS changed his personality as well as physical stats. Meanwhile Iron man uses his own time, money, and effort, to save people even when he could be partying all the time. In addition in avengers 1 film, the ending scene, stark pretty much proved captain america wrong. cap accused tony of being arrogant and what not but tony flew the nuke missile into space and etc. Now when it comes to civil war of course, cap's side is the right side. So I can agree that maybe they are equally heroic in their own ways. But, only thing is, when you think of cap's behavior and personality before SSS injection, something just seems off. It's easy to become brave when you become a superhuman beast overnight with zero effort needed.

Yeah... what a coward

No Caption Provided

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

This is kind of vague. Is this a matter of who we like more? Or who is the better hero? Captain America is obviously more self-less and a better person, but Iron Man is way cooler :p

Avatar image for hocko1999_virus
Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Hocko1999_VIRUS

Captain America is a hero for the sake of others. Tony is a hero for himself.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap easily.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I despise RobertDowneyJrMAN! So you KNOW who I'm voting for.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Bear in mind that the thread isn't asking who is morally superior which would obviously be in Steve's favour, but who is overall a better hero. It is a question of whether Tony's intelligence, resources and firepower is enough to compensate for Captain America being a better person who more often than not knows what's right.

r2datu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not only that, he was also a coward before the SSS, and the SSS made him brave/courageous as well. SSS changed his personality as well as physical stats.

LOL did you even watch the First Avenger?

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@r2datu said:
@whoisthebest said:

Not only that, he was also a coward before the SSS, and the SSS made him brave/courageous as well. SSS changed his personality as well as physical stats.

LOL did you even watch the First Avenger?

he doesn't know a lot of things.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the one who had a better trilogy wins :)

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tayssti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Tayssti

@solid_snake97 said:

@whoisthebest: that was the stupidest thing i have ever read.

and this

@buildhare said:

LDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America is a hero for the sake of others. Tony is a hero for himself.

LDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

r2datu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganon15 said:
@whoisthebest said:

Ultimately stark is the better hero. Cap was essentially a loser before his SSS injection. The only reason he even survives and does some of the things he does is thanks to a simple SSS injection. Not only that, he was also a coward before the SSS, and the SSS made him brave/courageous as well. SSS changed his personality as well as physical stats. Meanwhile Iron man uses his own time, money, and effort, to save people even when he could be partying all the time. In addition in avengers 1 film, the ending scene, stark pretty much proved captain america wrong. cap accused tony of being arrogant and what not but tony flew the nuke missile into space and etc. Now when it comes to civil war of course, cap's side is the right side. So I can agree that maybe they are equally heroic in their own ways. But, only thing is, when you think of cap's behavior and personality before SSS injection, something just seems off. It's easy to become brave when you become a superhuman beast overnight with zero effort needed.

Yeah... what a coward

No Caption Provided

yeah mate. only reason he even did that was because he was a depressed nerd essentially. he basically had no value for himself so he thought why not just sacrifice myself. This was not bravery. Bravery is what iron man did in avengers 1!! When he took that nuke into space! knowing he could die. what cap did in this scenario is just depression because he thought of himself as a worthless guy. So i stand by what I said. It's easy to become brave when you become a physical beast overnight with a SSS injection.

I feel like this interpretation says more about you than it does the character.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganon15 said:
@whoisthebest said:

Yeah... what a coward

No Caption Provided

yeah mate. only reason he even did that was because he was a depressed nerd essentially. he basically had no value for himself so he thought why not just sacrifice myself. This was not bravery. Bravery is what iron man did in avengers 1!! When he took that nuke into space! knowing he could die. what cap did in this scenario is just depression because he thought of himself as a worthless guy. So i stand by what I said. It's easy to become brave when you become a physical beast overnight with a SSS injection.

Yeah, because he didn't sacrifice himself again at the end of TFA even when he had the chance to be happy with Peggy. Without the suit Tony will run from a fight, Cap would fight for others with or without SSS.

Loading Video...
RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

r2datu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@r2datu: not sure of your point

@rustyroy:alright mate fair point you've made there..may have to reexamine this a bit

I'm just saying that yours is a worryingly warped perspective of a fairly simple character.

Usha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@whoisthebest

Don't forget the scene where Steve defends himself in that alleyway after the theatre. "I can do this all day", Steve has a heart of a lion, strong-willed and brave.

No Caption Provided

I feel like the excuse you wrote for this is literally taking away what Steve stands for. He's always been a good man. In that scene he was just doing what he felt was the right thing. Marvel made that scene to point the obvious understanding that Steve is deep-down, a good guy.

Avatar image for hocko1999_virus
Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Hocko1999_VIRUS

Errrm... it's never suggested or even slightly implied at all that's the reason why he did it. Probably a good idea trying to prevent info about yourself seeping through to us strangers, even in a subtle, semi-anonymous way.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Cap my man

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hocko1999_virus: lmao what are you trying to imply?

That im depressed or something? Mate this is a fictional character..ive spent countless hours studying psychology..bottom line is before sss steve was fairly weak and even seemingly depressed/hopeless..Remember the first film

I find it sad that you feel the need to insult me just because of my analysis of a fictional character

What does it say about you that you idolize someone that gained everything he has with a simple injection

Captain America represents the American dream

Put in no work.no effort. Take a magic pill to solve/fix all your problems. Be lazy. Thats the vibe i get from the first movie

He represents a logical impossibility

The (false) idea that you can achieve greatness with no effort or work

It's sad that some people in Vine take you seriously, i really wonder what goes through your head when you say these things.

JokerBat88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap is the obvious choice for a majority of people, but don't downplay the capacity of Tony Stark because in reality he relates to a lot of people. We as humans do what we do everyday sometimes, not thinking what we do effects, both positively or negatively, other around us. Tony received a wake up call that what he was doing was causing more harm than good. He then made a choice to stop what he was doing and help people. Something that a lot of us do once something traumatic, sad, or good happens to us. Self reflection became a big part of Tony's life. Yes, his ego is the size of a dinosaur but his heart is still in what he does. His intentions are good, misguided, but good. Hence Ultron in Avengers 2. He uses his gifts to help and make the world a better place and improve his legacy from being a relentless, egotistical, playboy billionaire to a hero who sacrifices to ensure the safety of everyone. We all want that at the end of the day. To be remembered for the good person we are and the deeds we did to help others.

Cap is the ultimate boy scout and the ideology of what good should be, like Superman. Attainable, but not as likely.

Tayssti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whoisthebest:

I understand that he is good hearted after SSS

Dude the whole first half or so of Captain America TFA was Marvel showing us that he is a good-hearted man BEFORE the SSS. That's why he was chosen.

Loading Video...

Ganstaz003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This! QFT! Couldn't have said it better myself. 100% agree with all your points there.

r2datu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whoisthebest said:

@hocko1999_virus: lmao what are you trying to imply?

That im depressed or something? Mate this is a fictional character..ive spent countless hours studying psychology..bottom line is before sss steve was fairly weak and even seemingly depressed/hopeless..Remember the first film

I find it sad that you feel the need to insult me just because of my analysis of a fictional character

What does it say about you that you idolize someone that gained everything he has with a simple injection

Captain America represents the American dream

Put in no work.no effort. Take a magic pill to solve/fix all your problems. Be lazy. Thats the vibe i get from the first movie

He represents a logical impossibility

The (false) idea that you can achieve greatness with no effort or work

It's sad that some people in Vine take you seriously, i really wonder what goes through your head when you say these things.

You would think that if he's taking the "I spent countless hours studying psychology" route, he would do something about his spelling and grammar.

Capfan85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Capfan85

Steve is a soldier and patriot, Tony is a capitalist and business man. I wouldn't say one is better than the other, but they are two fundamentally different people.