MCU : How the hell did Steve even get inside the Raft Prison ?

• 54 results
DSB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Its not like any other prison . Its in the middle of a Fn SEA , which even seems to be in the middle of a storm ..Its not like he would get clearance to land inside with a chopper like tony did . So the prison is pretty much submerged when gets there ? Also , how would he even get near the prison site without getting detected ?
How would he break in through that big metal structure ? And most importantly , how would he get his team to land ? Its not like they will just swim all the way without guards searching for them after they broke out ...

How can the all Powerful, all so PERFECT MCU make a nonsensical stuff like that ?

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2  Edited By Pokeysteve

One of the many problems with this movie. Dude can barely operate a cell phone. After how awesome Winter Soldier was there was no place to go other than down. Maybe we'll get an explanation that will clear everything up the next time we see him.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Obvious. He's batman in his spare time

DSB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormshadow_x: I doubt even movie batman is capable of infiltrating that prison without raising alarms

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ez game for Captain

werkudoro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With Russo force cap can do almost anything Lol

No seriously Marvel producer Kevin feige gave him a IM chopper

Avatar image for deactivated-57dbb657abdb5
deactivated-57dbb657abdb5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He may have had help from Black Panther.

*Panther knows the location of the prison.

*He probably has one of those submarine/jet thingies.

*Team cap is seen hiding out in Wakanda.

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Widow probably sorted him out and anyway he's one of the best agents in the whole earth so it's not more unlikely than any of the other insane acts he's done

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

'Cause he's Captain Mofo'n America

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone's salty about the MCU

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

He was saving his boyfriend. The power of love always finds the way.

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mfundroid

Ah yes, how I do love the sweet sounds of salt shakers at night.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Russo Force duh! Also bc Murica!

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh come on... Black Panther is Steve's friend now. Dude's got a F***ing country's worth of money and resources. I'm sure BP provided Steve with the means or manpower to free the imprisoned avengers. Regarding the location.. Maybe Natasha gave them the coordinates. I mean she's always had a thing for Steve anyway.

DSB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deltahuman: does that mean that the whole team is in Wakanda ?

mindleech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dsb said:

Its not like any other prison . Its in the middle of a Fn SEA , which even seems to be in the middle of a storm ..Its not like he would get clearance to land inside with a chopper like tony did . So the prison is pretty much submerged when gets there ? Also , how would he even get near the prison site without getting detected ?

How would he break in through that big metal structure ? And most importantly , how would he get his team to land ? Its not like they will just swim all the way without guards searching for them after they broke out ...

How can the all Powerful, all so PERFECT MCU make a nonsensical stuff like that ?

Did you watch the Civil War movie?

If you say yes, then you either be blind, too young, dyslexic or I'm gonna insult you for your dumbness. This is not the first time you post these "innocent" salt threads.

DSB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mindleech: listen brother. Im not salty. Yes I'm a dc Fanboy , but I don't hate Marvel .

If you have a problem , get out of my thread .

mindleech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dsb said:

@mindleech: listen brother. Im not salty. Yes I'm a dc Fanboy , but I don't hate Marvel .

If you have a problem , get out of my thread .

First of all, I'm not your brother. And you skipped my question, meaning that you have no knowledge about what you are posting.

Keep posting these clown threads , I'll keep wrecking them.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rogueshadow  Moderator

Because... he's Captain America, it's kind of what he does, not to mention he's more than likely got Black Panther backing him - hell, he's probably there too.

I'm sorry but when you say stuff like this:

'How can the all Powerful, all so PERFECT MCU make a nonsensical stuff like that ?'

Yes, you sound salty af.

mindleech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because... he's Captain America, it's kind of what he does, not to mention he's more than likely got Black Panther backing him - hell, he's probably there too.

'How can the all Powerful, all so PERFECT MCU make a nonsensical stuff like that ?'

Yes, you sound salty af.

You know what's going on. I bet Widow was there aswell. So a underwater prison would be not a big challenge for Cap, BP and Widow.

Panther providing the tech to go under water and break thru, quite easy.

DSB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mindleech: like you wrecked this ... Lol . I have never seen you in this site before.

And that was a bit of mocking they deserve anyway. People say stuffs.. deal with it . Or else , get a lobotomy

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hey, man, this is true. It is indeed a flaw, but shit like this happens in every movie. I mean look at The Dark Knight Returns and you'll see Batman reaching one side of the world to the other without any resources. However this one's worse, though, in my opinion.

The only logical conclusion we can draw upon, like many others have said so far, is that he is Batman

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@mindleech said:
@rogueshadow said:

Yes, you sound salty af.

You know what's going on. I bet Widow was there aswell. So a underwater prison would be not a big challenge for Cap, BP and Widow.

Panther providing the tech to go under water and break thru, quite easy.

Yeah, we literally see that T'challa has a jet even Tony wasn't aware of in close proximity, the prison has no chance. You've got two of the greatest tactical minds on the planet with the resources of one of the most technologically advanced societies in history at their disposal, likely topped off with the backup of the world's greatest spy... yeah, they shouldn't have much trouble, lol.

mindleech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mindleech
@dsb said:

@mindleech: like you wrecked this ... Lol . I have never seen you in this site before.

And that was a bit of mocking they deserve anyway. People say stuffs.. deal with it . Or else , get a lobotomy

Your thread = wrecked you sassy princess. Just look at some of the answers.

Cap was allied with Black Panther in the post-credit scene. You make it look as Cap went full superman and dived a hole into the raft and rescued everybody.No, he is not Superman.

Obviously Panther was helping the resourceless Cap.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Spambot

Wakanda's actually known for having some great underwater tech in the comics so its not a stretch at all that Cap could get in with BP's help. BP was able to hide huge underwater ships which could also fly in the Hudson river without the us gov't even knowing about them.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmfao. This must be an alt for Zack Synder. This dude is extremely butthurt over the MCU.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, you sound salty af.

This. And he already has feats of doing similar things. I mean in a MCU tie in issue he swam down to a sub and cleared it solo in 19 mins.

gingerpenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By gingerpenny

Dude he is Captain America... The First Avenger, how could he not is the real question

DSB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DSB

@Pokeysteve: thank you. People are just assuming BP and widow helped Cap. What Tony told Clint , I doubt even he knew caps team was going to be put in an undersea super prison. And also widow was running away after hearing Secretary Ross was coming for her . I would doubt anyone , even Cap know where she is and also she'd risk getting captured .

As for TChalla , just because he helped Bucky (whom he tried to kill himself) and delivered zemo over to Ross , doesn't mean he has the same impulse to help Cap get his team out first hand .

Giving Refuge to someone isnt a crime (like Russia did to Edward Snowden) , but breaking in a high security prison to release a country's prisoners is definitely a crime .

Most people in this thread dont understand this simple thing.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@dsb: You're clutching at straws, I'm sure most people are are more than aware of this, but if you've ever read a Black Panther comic you'll realise one simple thing; T'challa doesn't give a sh*t. He funded Captain America against the United States Registration act in CW, why wouldn't he be doing the same here? It's not like anybody has to know they he aided Cap, Ross isn't going to accuse the King of Wakanda with zero evidence.

If you're going to pick at the MCU, at least choose something that's worthy of criticism.

DSB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: The thing is all we can say for sure than Steve somehow got in , beat up all guards and freed his friends . What happened in the Comic doesnt necessarily translate directly in the comics. Yes , T Challa could have helped him . Maybe . But until we get more evidence we cant say for sure that its that case only.

Plus even if T Challa helped him with men and resources , id doubt how Steve entered the Raft without breaking it in and flooding the damn thing with water

Ice-Breaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Ice-Breaker

Did OP watch the movie?
Black panther had already been to the prison as he had already been following stark to the Russian base as he left the raft.

-he did that while undetected too

- after the whole "I'm done letting vengeance consume me" scene it's pretty clear that panther had no real beef with bucky or any of caps team after learning they had been framed.

- panther most likely helped Steve get to the prison( if not they had a stolen avengers Quinn jet that would've gotten access anyway seeing as how the avengers are gov. sanctioned now)

-evidence of this is supported in the after credits scene that suggest t'chala is helping the secret avengers hide out in wakanda.

I't funny how a lot of people who "enjoyed" BvS defend its haphazard story elements and plot holes by saying "the audience doesn't need to be spoon fed every detail" yet when you have to make one very easy logical conclusion at the end of Civil war we get a salt thread like this....

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

I am pretty sure Black Panther helped Steve get into the facility. Like T'Challa knows where it is, or can get the info, and he has an invisible plane... or enough tech-swag to get the prison to the surface.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DSB marked this as the best answer

One of the many problems with this movie. Dude can barely operate a cell phone. After how awesome Winter Soldier was there was no place to go other than down. Maybe we'll get an explanation that will clear everything up the next time we see him.

Hahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaaha

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@dsb said:

@rogueshadow: The thing is all we can say for sure than Steve somehow got in , beat up all guards and freed his friends . What happened in the Comic doesnt necessarily translate directly in the comics. Yes , T Challa could have helped him . Maybe . But until we get more evidence we cant say for sure that its that case only.

Plus even if T Challa helped him with men and resources , id doubt how Steve entered the Raft without breaking it in and flooding the damn thing with water

I'm referring to T'challa's character, which will likely be similar to the comic version in that he will not hold back on an action he perceives as right, even if it has been declared criminal, assuming he won't do it because it is criminal also goes against what we've seen of him, he was hunting down Bucky in Germany despite having no authority to. It really isn't a huge leap for me. The film ends and he's chilling with BP who is trying to atone for having hunted down Bucky, the logical extension of that would be that he feel a significant degree of responsibility for the heroes in jail as well.

I don't think you quite realise how technologically advanced Wakanda is. Captain America is the greatest soldier who ever lived, I really don't find it ridiculous that he would get in there, we've spent literally five films seeing how capable he is, add in Wakandan tech and he's good to go.

I seriously doubt that the Raft has one external layer and if you penetrate it it floods just like that.

DSB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DSB

@ice-breaker said:

- panther most likely helped Steve get to the prison( if not they had a stolen avengers Quinn jet that would've gotten access anyway seeing as how the avengers are gov. sanctioned now)

Im sorry , how will that play out ? Steve taking the Quinjet to the Raft . The Raft control asks for identification [Quinjet isnt Avengers' property, more like SHIELD's]. Steve says "Hey , im steve , i wanna land and rescue my friends , could you open the landing bay please ?" And supposedly they happily let him enter . Plus im sure they have voice records of Steve anyway . And lets say Panther himself had access to the Raft , wouldnt anyone tell Ross that TChalla came in , asked permission to land and when he did , out came steve and beat up everyone and freed prisoners and left . And why would any other person related DIRECTLY to TChalla and the kingdom of Wakanda have access to the Raft ? Even IF i accept that they had , Ross can directly make the connection to T Challa to help break out USA's most important Prisoners

-evidence of this is supported in the after credits scene that suggest t'chala is helping the secret avengers hide out in wakanda.

What evidence ? All Steve and TChalla talked about was Bucky in that scene . Where did you find evidence that he also helped steve break out his teammates ?

I't funny how a lot of people who "enjoyed" BvS defend its haphazard story elements and plot holes by saying "the audience doesn't need to be spoon fed every detail" yet when you have to make one very easy logical conclusion at the end of Civil war we get a salt thread like this....

Stop generalizing . Im a DC Fanboy yet i scratched my head about many parts in BVS . I still havent got answers to many questions . I also said how truly cheesy and just plain BAD Suicide squad is . And i enjoyed Civil War as much i enjoyed BVS . But this part isnt Logical . All you guys are making Outlandish claims of even Widow helping Cap . Thats Atrocious . And you are trying to make your "speculations" called proof. Yet you cant prove anything . There are so many things left unanswered at the end of Civil War . And just because i added that one last line to mock MCU doesnt make me salty .

DSB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By DSB

@rogueshadow said:
@dsb said:

I'm referring to T'challa's character, which will likely be similar to the comic version in that he will not hold back on an action he perceives as right, even if it has been declared criminal, assuming he won't do it because it is criminal also goes against what we've seen of him, he was hunting down Bucky in Germany despite having no authority to. It really isn't a huge leap for me. The film ends and he's chilling with BP who is trying to atone for having hunted down Bucky, the logical extension of that would be that he feel a significant degree of responsibility for the heroes in jail as well.

Ok fine . Tchalla gives Steve the location . Gives him his Supposedly invisible plane . All ok . How will Cap get past the Prison Control ? They likely have his voice records and im not sure if Cap has ever shown the ability to imitate someone else's voice precisely . So if he cant , how does he get in ?He cant blast the top with missiles because i saw Civil war again and there are AT LEAST 2 Fighter jets and 1 attack helicopter present there . If steve hits , they will fight back .

Without making assumptions , can you people give me a LOGICAL way that lets Steve enter the place unnoticed , beats up everyone , frees up his friends and leaves , without anyone knowing Tchalla Helped him ? Just tell me how does he enter through all of that security . Ill be happy to get a logical answer than can NOT be refuted

I don't think you quite realise how technologically advanced Wakanda is. Captain America is the greatest soldier who ever lived, I really don't find it ridiculous that he would get in there, we've spent literally five films seeing how capable he is, add in Wakandan tech and he's good to go.

I seriously doubt that the Raft has one external layer and if you penetrate it it floods just like that.

Which makes me think that the entire sides and bottom of the Raft has no place to enter . It has only thick steel walls . Only way to enter is through the top . Which brings to my problem written above

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@dsb said:
@rogueshadow said:
@dsb said:

Ok fine . Tchalla gives Steve the location . Gives him his Supposedly invisible plane . All ok . How will Cap get past the Prison Control ? They likely have his voice records and im not sure if Cap has ever shown the ability to imitate someone else's voice precisely . So if he cant , how does he get in ?

Which makes me think that the entire sides and bottom of the Raft has no place to enter . It has only thick steel walls . Only way to enter is through the top . Which brings to my problem written above

Gaining schematics (remember, Wakanda was directly involvedin the Sokovia accords, and they could still get them through hacking anyway), they could hack the Raft itself, they could use localised EMPs, target the Raft's weak-spots via said schematics etc. We saw Tony take out their tech with the cameras with utter ease. This is a non-issue.

DSB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DSB

@rogueshadow: hmm . interesting . That does work .

See , how hard was it to give a logical answer ? You people instead concentrated on how i mocked MCU . This could have been answered in 3 posts . it took 40 .

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0c8d423f980
deactivated-5a0c8d423f980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killermovies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Salty

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tchalla probably dropped him off. He was clearly with cap at the end of the movie. Maybe that crazy stealth jet that chased Ironman undetected

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The butt hurt continues :)

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's just a plothole...

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It doesn't matter, it's MCU we only argue against DCEU and FOX.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Clearly had help from Panther

chrisj_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's just a plothole...

I hate how everyone throws around that word for everything that seems a bit outlandish. It's only a plot hole if it contradicts another aspect of the plot. While you guys are absolutely right and it's pretty ridiculous that Steve's able to break into the Raft it doesn't contradict anything so it isn't a plot hole.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

@spambot said:

Wakanda's actually known for having some great underwater tech in the comics so its not a stretch at all that Cap could get in with BP's help. BP was able to hide huge underwater ships which could also fly in the Hudson river without the us gov't even knowing about them.

Quinjets are also submersible iirc

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#50  Edited By Thor-Parker

@rogueshadow said:

You're clutching at straws, I'm sure most people are are more than aware of this, but if you've ever read a Black Panther comic you'll realise one simple thing; T'challa doesn't give a sh*t. He funded Captain America against the United States Registration act in CW, why wouldn't he be doing the same here? It's not like anybody has to know they he aided Cap, Ross isn't going to accuse the King of Wakanda with zero evidence.

If you're going to pick at the MCU, at least choose something that's worthy of criticism.

I don´t remember much of Black Panther from the original Civil War event, I just remember Reed went to him and Panther told him he wasn´t interested in the registration act and to leave his country alone..................... which side was he on ?? And what part did he play in the event ??

BTW, Civil War is my favorite event, but I genuinely don´t remember Black Panther in it besides from what I mentioned.