DC

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#152  Edited By Dex_Starr

@WaveMotionCannon:You sound like you were passing it off as fact. That [unlike the majority of things said in this thread] is subjective.

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#153  Edited By Imagine_Man15

I've gotta say, I prefer DC. I love a lot of Marvel characters, but they're overall execution has just never held a candle to DC in my eyes.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#154  Edited By Killemall

@Dex_Starr said:

I don't think the Batman films had much to do with the Arkham Games being popular since they aren't even based off BB and TDK. Batman has always been incredibly popular since the 90's, since Batman TAS is easily one of the best animated shows.

Arkham City was the most popular game, and its popularity increased after the Batman Begin Movie. The rating of games doesn't change because of the popularity of movies but their sale obviously does, regardless of whether the game is based on the movie or not as long as the main character is being used. That is preciously the same reason why Avengers Alliance all of a sudden is becoming a lot more popular, its not that the latest version is significantly better than the older one, its because movie acts as a very good advertisement, specially one that people admire.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Dex_Starr

@Killemall said:

@Dex_Starr said:

I don't think the Batman films had much to do with the Arkham Games being popular since they aren't even based off BB and TDK. Batman has always been incredibly popular since the 90's, since Batman TAS is easily one of the best animated shows.

Arkham City was the most popular game, and its popularity increased after the Batman Begin Movie. The rating of games doesn't change because of the popularity of movies but their sale obviously does, regardless of whether the game is based on the movie or not as long as the main character is being used. That is preciously the same reason why Avengers Alliance all of a sudden is becoming a lot more popular, its not that the latest version is significantly better than the older one, its because movie acts as a very good advertisement, specially one that people admire.

Arkham City came out last year in October, Batman Begins came out 7 years ago and DK came out 4 years ago, they had nothing to do with the popularity of Arkham City or Arkham Asylum, and the movies had nothing to do with the quality of the game. And you really can't compare Avengers Alliance, a game on facebook, to a full fledged 60 dollar retail release.

supertank111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By supertank111

I think that they need each other, because without the other, they both would not be as unique.

DC seems to have fewer characters, but with more general powers and personalities. On the other hand, Marvel has many characters, but more specific powers and personalities. Marvel has the "we have a character for everyone" thing going on.

MARKETING/BUSINESS point of view:

Marvel is better. Marvel seems to be very innovative, making new characters and teams and different variations of teams all the time, but the main reason behind making many characters is to cater to as many different customer types as possible. They come out with more movies (maybe not better, because the Dark Knight was effin sweet), and they cover a lot of media aside from just comics. There are/were TV shows about so many more Marvel characters than DC characters, etc. (I go to business school so I have somewhat of an idea of what I'm talking about)

MOVIES:

I haven't seen The Avengers yet :(, so I could wrong, but I think DC is better on movies in terms of quality. Dark Knight was amazing, and so was Green Lantern, and I thought the Ironman movies were meh, Captain America was cool but meh, Thor was meh (Natalie Portman was not meh ;) ). The X-Men movies got old fast. But in terms of sales, obviously Marvel takes the cake, because they put out so many more movies and market the heck out of them.

ACTION FIGURES:

Marvel is killing them. They have the 3.75 inch series, the 6 inch series, different variations of each character, etc. Marvel's versatility naturally allows it to be better in this field I think. I do have one DC figure, Deathstroke, and the figure itself is a much higher quality and stuff.

OVERALL COOLNESS:

I think Marvel has a lot of heroes that are among the coolest, however, Batman is cooler than almost all of them. I get most of this impression from the movies, and also a few comics I've read. The Dark Night Returns (the graphic novel) is SO good, and the Dark Knight movie is like one of the best movies of all time - better than any Marvel movie (although I haven't seen Avengers yet).

OVERALL:

Marvel is quantity, DC is quality.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#157  Edited By TifaLockhart

@supertank111: Natalie Portman is never, ever, meh. I agree.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Killemall

@Dex_Starr said:

Arkham City came out last year in October, Batman Begins came out 7 years ago and DK came out 4 years ago, they had nothing to do with the popularity of Arkham City or Arkham Asylum, and the movies had nothing to do with the quality of the game. And you really can't compare Avengers Alliance, a game on facebook, to a full fledged 60 dollar retail release.

Sorry I meant Arkham Asylum which came out in 2009. Also ever since batman movie came out Batman sales have drastically increased, its what a good movie does. Serves as perfect advertisement.

Also regardless of the size, Marvel has their own video games that are top class too. Also Marvel Ultimate Alliance is a full fledged game out on X-box.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By TifaLockhart

How would Batman Begins generate buzz for Arkham Asylum when Batman Begins the videogame sucked majorly?

ALMIGHTY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By ALMIGHTY

Marvel has a wider variety of characters were DC has a few quality ones the rest are crap, and DC overpowers their heroes and villains too much it's like their from DBZ, just my opinion.

ssthanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By ssthanos

marvel

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Dex_Starr

@Killemall said:

@Dex_Starr said:

Sorry I meant Arkham Asylum which came out in 2009. Also ever since batman movie came out Batman sales have drastically increased, its what a good movie does. Serves as perfect advertisement.

Also regardless of the size, Marvel has their own video games that are top class too. Also Marvel Ultimate Alliance is a full fledged game out on X-box.

It had nothing to do with either Arkham Game, Asylum came out more than a year after Dark Knight came out. The game had almost nothing in common with Dark Knight other than Batman and Joker being in both, and they aren't played by the same actors either. Even if that was the case, Arkham City came out 3 and a half years after Dark Knight so again, there's no correlation to be made. The only thing Dark Knight might have done is give a slight push to a character who was already the most popular comic characters and one of the most popular fictional characters, the game would of sold regardless of weather Dark Knight came out the year before or not.

I'm not sure what you mean by :"top class" but my definition would be Triple A titles are games like Skyrim. Arkham City and Asylum are in that class of games,

Ultimate Alliance is no where close to that level, it's barely above the mediocre mark.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Dex_Starr

@ALMIGHTY said:

Marvel has a wider variety of characters were DC has a few quality ones the rest are crap, and DC overpowers their heroes and villains too much it's like their from DBZ, just my opinion.

Marvel has a wider variety of characters, most of which are crap. See what I did there? And I don't know why people think DC is overpowered when Marvel has 2 unbreakable metals, characters like Silver Surfer who can pull any random power out of his a$$, and plot devices like Reed Richards and Doom.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By TifaLockhart

@Dex_Starr: *Applauds*

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Emperorb777

@Dex_Starr: Xmen legends 1 and 2 are the same exact game as Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 screw you Activision.

SuperShafe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By SuperShafe

This question can't be answered. but in a true battle Grant Morrison solos.

RyuHayabusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By RyuHayabusa

@ALMIGHTY said:

DC has a few quality ones the rest are crap,

How many DC comics you read?

DC overpowers their heroes and villains too much.

They are not overpowered when their villains are equally powerful.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Killemall

@Dex_Starr said:

It had nothing to do with either Arkham Game, Asylum came out more than a year after Dark Knight came out. The game had almost nothing in common with Dark Knight other than Batman and Joker being in both, and they aren't played by the same actors either. Even if that was the case, Arkham City came out 3 and a half years after Dark Knight so again, there's no correlation to be made. The only thing Dark Knight might have done is give a slight push to a character who was already the most popular comic characters and one of the most popular fictional characters, the game would of sold regardless of weather Dark Knight came out the year before or not.

Well it has, the movie increases people awareness of a particular character and serves as the ideal advertisement. It was pretty much always been the case. A popular movie would mean a game based on the same character be it the same story or not pretty much always gets a lot more attention. The Dark Knight came out about a little more than a year ago in the theater before Arkham Asylum came out, and the DVD were released around 6 months before the movie came out. Yes the movie has nothing to do with the rating the game has got, it however has a lot to do with its demand.

I'm not sure what you mean by :"top class" but my definition would be Triple A titles are games like Skyrim. Arkham City and Asylum are in that class of games,

Ultimate Alliance is no where close to that level, it's barely above the mediocre mark.

I am a box office kind of a guy and would judge a game not based on the rating it receives but rather the revenue it collects.

Just a random analogy, i dont think many people would argue The Dark Knight was a better movie overall than The Avengers, however, Avengers is going to be making significantly better money than the Dark Knight and hence i would personally rank avengers higher.

@Dex_Starr said:

Marvel has a wider variety of characters, most of which are crap. See what I did there? And I don't know why people think DC is overpowered when Marvel has 2 unbreakable metals, characters like Silver Surfer who can pull any random power out of his a$$, and plot devices like Reed Richards and Doom.

You cannot compare Marvel and DC character and say one has better character than the otherthey have two different character. Marvel has always focused more on earth based character and as such tried to make sure the character are relate-able. They also try to make their character less perfect.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By TifaLockhart

@Killemall: I don't know about you, but I can't relate to Marvel characters. I can with DC ones.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Dex_Starr

@Killemall:

Well it has, the movie increases people awareness of a particular character and serves as the ideal advertisement. It was pretty much always been the case. A popular movie would mean a game based on the same character be it the same story or not pretty much always gets a lot more attention. The Dark Knight came out about a little more than a year ago in the theater before Arkham Asylum came out, and the DVD were released around 6 months before the movie came out. Yes the movie has nothing to do with the rating the game has got, it however has a lot to do with its demand.

The quality of the game had to do with it's demand. If your arguing that Dark Knight pushed more people to get into Batman Mythos then that's an entirely different topic.

@Killemall:

I am a box office kind of a guy and would judge a game not based on the rating it receives but rather the revenue it collects.

Just a random analogy, i dont think many people would argue The Dark Knight was a better movie overall than The Avengers, however, Avengers is going to be making significantly better money than the Dark Knight and hence i would personally rank avengers higher.

Avengers isn't going to make that much more than Dark Knight. They' both hit the 1 billion mark, but at this point everyone's pretty much seen the Avengers now so the gross isn't going to get much higher

@Killemall:

You cannot compare Marvel and DC character and say one has better character than the otherthey have two different character. Marvel has always focused more on earth based character and as such tried to make sure the character are relate-able. They also try to make their character less perfect.

That was partial sarcasm in response to the idea that DC has more overpowered characters.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Killemall

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

@Killemall: I don't know about you, but I can't relate to Marvel characters. I can with DC ones.

Relate-ability varies from person to person. I personally cant relate myself to Silver Surfer and Thanos for whatever reason and trust me i am not a guy who's lonely, travels around the universe alone and has a guilt of being instrument in killing billions, also i am not someone who loves the concept of death and do anything to please her.

The reason i believe marvel characters are made to be more relatable is its something Stan Lee has said outright, its the reason why they have many faults in the characters, for example: Iron Man is an alcholic and a chronic playboy, something he cant help. Thor is powerful but over confident and seeing everyone else as not being his equal. Furthermore, they always tend to give a good reason why a villian is a villian to begin with, the real exceptation to the rule would be X- Men villians, but it could easily be because i havent read a lot on it.

Frankly, there isnt a fundamental difference between either universe, its what you have read most on and what you enjoy. I have thus far read more on Marvel than i have on Dc, which is going to change soon thanks to the 183 GB worth of comics i got from a friend, all of which are DC. Its all boils down to personal choice.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Dex_Starr

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: @RyuHayabusa: @Immortal777:

You know I'm noticing something very strange here

According to this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highest_grossing_films

Avengers has a higher gross than Dark Knight

BUT

These are the sources they use

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=avengers11.htm

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=darkknight.htm

According to the sources they use DK has grossed 1.5 million more than Avengers. It's most likely that Avengers will outgross Dark Knight but it hasn't as of yesterday.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By TifaLockhart

@Killemall: This is gonna get me a lot of heat, but I don't place much stock in something Stan Lee says.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Dex_Starr

@Killemall said:

i have on Dc, which is going to change soon thanks to the 183 GB worth of comics i got from a friend, all of which are DC. Its all boils down to personal choice.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Killemall

@Dex_Starr said:

The quality of the game had to do with it's demand. If your arguing that Dark Knight pushed more people to get into Batman Mythos then that's an entirely different topic.

Demand of Batman games are party due to quality, which i cant argue, but party due to popularity of the Batman Series, tends to explain why Batman games before that has never been able to get so much revenue.

Avengers isn't going to make that much more than Dark Knight. They' both hit the 1 billion mark, but at this point everyone's pretty much seen the Avengers now so the gross isn't going to get much higher

I am fairly certain Avengers are going to be making significantly better money than the Dark Knight, however, i still strongly believe The Dark Knight Rises would overtake even The Avengers.

At the moment the difference between revenue is not significant but Avengers has been in US for what 10 days now, that doesnt mean everyone has seen the movie. Also DVD sales tend to push up a lot more revenue too, and DVD for Avengers are yet to come out, wont come out at before the next 6 months.

That was partial sarcasm in response to the idea that DC has more overpowered characters.

Oh sorry seemed to have missed that, apologies :)

@Dex_Starr said:

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: @RyuHayabusa: @Immortal777:

You know I'm noticing something very strange here

According to this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highest_grossing_films

Avengers has a higher gross than Dark Knight

BUT

These are the sources they use

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=avengers11.htm

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=darkknight.htm

According to the sources they use DK has grossed 1.5 million more than Avengers. It's most likely that Avengers will outgross Dark Knight but it hasn't as of yesterday.

Actually this has got to do more with that fact that up until yesterday (to be fair 5 hours ago) Avengers was shown to have better gross because that was calculated based on the expected sales, the actually sales apparently came out a little short. So i would assume boxofficemojo's information is a lot more reliable. Doesnt make a big difference, at the end of this week you can see Avengers will clearly overtake The Dark Knight in gross revenue.

@Killemall: This is gonna get me a lot of heat, but I don't place much stock in something Stan Lee says.

I dont see why anyone should even call you out on that, its your personal opinion.

RyuHayabusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By RyuHayabusa

Truth

Sixshot23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Sixshot23

Any people here getting paid by Marvel or DC? No? Yeah thats what I thought. Obviously opinion is not understandable on this website. When are you people going to realize that no matter what you say you are not going to change each others minds. Bickering over nonsense. Why not try to give either company a chance?! Afraid you might actually like the other? You people are missing out by limiting what you think is the best without actually knowing whats best by trying other things! Just my 2 cents. Btw Stan Lee is a legend even DC would agree with that!

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Dex_Starr

@Sixshot23:Opinions can be challenged. Just because someone says "it's my opinion" does that mean they can't be called out on it? If I said Batman could beat Galactus and said it's my opinion, does it make it valid?

Why company you prefer is an opinion, which company is better based on statistics and accolades is actual fact.

Stan Lee is a legend, no one denied that, but that doesn't mean he's above making stupid comments or embarrassing himself.

Sixshot23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Sixshot23

@Dex_star you are missing the point of calling out someone on their opinion. If they stated Bats could beat Galactus as fact you could call them out on that. Is it ridiculous that Bats could beat Galactus?! Yes? But we do read comics based on ridiculous characters an feats. Thats why this whole argument is ridiculous. The DC bias is strong in you. You can atleast admit that. Thats fine but don't act like your word means jack to me in what I or anyone else on this site likes. I don't have those biases therefore I know how to widen my horizons an not limit what I read. I feel sorry for you for your narrow mindedness. Btw there is a little movie out now called The Avengers you might want to check it out. Marvel is doing just fine. DC could learn something from this an maybe put out a JLA movie. Which I would love just as much as Avengers!

Godabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Godabed

I'm gonna have to say Marvel overall.

I didn't grow up reading a lot of comics couldn't afford it no access to a comicbook store, but I simply read whatever I could get my hands ons. Some off the wall justice league or FF. Neither of those series i care for now.

As far as branding goes, no one can deny that DC has the more Iconic comicbook characters in Superman & Batman, But really the Trinity is all they have. Just Justice Friends to Justice League, those three have been the most consistent. But As far as movies go, only Superman and Batman has actually made their mark on that media while showcasing the DC brand. Yes Watchmen, Red, V for Vendetta were really good, but your everyday average movie goer won't associate these films with DC. but Blade, Spiderman, FF, Daredevil, Electra, Punishers from the 80- the 2000s, Ghostrider, X-men, Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Iron-Man, Has actually been expanding the Brand for several years, These Films Highlight numerous characters throughout the Marvel Universe, not just more iconic ones. And Yes Marvel studios is own by Disney, but Disney does not own the movies rights to the FF, X-men, Punisher, Spiderman etc. So you can't simply equate Marvel = Disney. Marvel took a big risk with Blade and it paid off, that Blade is better known is more households across the world who would have never heard of him if they didn't watch that movie.

As far as animated series, i don't really give this to DC, as most people have. The X-men (1992-1997) and Spiderman (1994-1998) Animated series lasted 5 seasons, and was among of the first to last as long as it did. The Justice League (2001-2004) following behind it. But X-men alone for awhile carried the brand of marvel on tv by itself. Batman was only on the air for three seasons, which was about the same as Superman in the 90's, also around the same as Spider man and his amazing friends, and FF4 (1994-1996). Then you have number of other spin off shows such and JLA unlimited (2004-2006), Batman Beyond(1999-2001), then X-men Evolution (2000-2003), Wolverine and the X-men (2008). Young Justice (2010-2012) The Avengers: EMHT (2010-2012), Then you have the Japanese anime versions of the X-men, Iron-man, Wolverine, X-men. I'm not going into all of the DVD releases. But DC has as of yet been able to produce a series that has the lifespan of the original x-men or Spiderman series release. They top off at about 3 seasons and are done. Only if you combine Justice League, and Justice League Unlimited series would you have something that was even comparable. And dare i say the X-men series also had one of the best storylines and consistency out of any animated comic book series that has been shown to date. Something to not though is that in live Action tv shows i would think DC takes it, Smallville being the staple for DC.

Marvel seems to be better at multi-media and getting there characters out there, It's a shame that more people could identify Storm, Spiderman, Wolverine, Hulk, hell even Blade than they can anyone who isn't Batman or Superman from the DC roster.

Also on the Game front, X-men Legends vs Justice League game? which would you rather play? I was freaking superman but i was getting KO'ed by robots with no kryptonite, and Flash with No speed..... Justice League was a horrible game, x-men legends did it right (right selection of characters, and powers to offset game balance while making it completely fun to rampage through the levels, and believable for the characters), just one example how the two companies handled a game in the same format completely differently. Just saying.

Came2Play

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Came2Play

I will admit, Marvel does beat DC in the consistently well made movie department, but DC ACTUALLY generates better story lines because they aren't afraid to go dark if they have to, and I mean come on, they got bought by DISNEY of all companies... C'MON MAN!!!

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Dex_Starr

The difference is almost every animated show or film that DC has put out has been great, were about 90% of Marvel's animation has been mediocre to crap with a few good one's.

Sixshot23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By Sixshot23

@Came2Play darker doesn't equal better. That logic has fail written all over it. Not every story or every character needs to be dark. Spiderman isn't dark yet he's as popular as Batman. I hate that logic that if its not dark its not deep. Simply ridiculous. Oh an so what if Disney bought Marvel?! That only means Marvel will improve or did you not see the Avengers yet? People need to get your facts straight. But don't worry I'll be here to school you. Disney bought Marvel because they were smart they knew they had a money maker. Just like how WB bought DC. Marvel also has great stories just like DC. Have you've been reading Daredevil, Uncanny XForce, Venom, Fantastic Four, Future Foundation, Wolverine and the Xmen, Secret Avengers, Amazing Spiderman, Winter Soldier and Punisher just to name a few? Obviously not because you would know they are all great books right now.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#184  Edited By charlieboy

i love both companies. i read books from both. both have great characters. movie wise marvel has better live actions and dc has better animated ones. although i will say the avengers cartoon on disney xd is amazing.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By charlieboy

@Dex_Starr: so which company is better based on statistic and accolades? and what are these statistics?

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Dex_Starr

@charlieboy:Eisner and Harvey awards, reviews etc..

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By charlieboy

@Dex_Starr: and which company gets more awards? and is this over the course of the history of the companies or more recently?

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By Dex_Starr

@charlieboy:Since they started giving out Harveys and Eisner's DC has won more than 3x as many

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By charlieboy

@Dex_Starr: really? interesting.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By charlieboy

@Dex_Starr: where did you get that information cause i could look it up for myself? i found some for the last few years and it seemed to be a mix. apparrently idw won quite a few last year.

Came2Play

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Came2Play

@Sixshot23: You mad bro? As it has been stated MULTIPLE times before this is mostly an OPINION based debate. DC isn't afraid to take a darker approach to their story lines, which I MYSELF enjoy, Disney buying Marvel ruins their chances of them ever having the capability to do that, which I don't find appealing, like how long do you give it until they acknowledge that Stark was an alcoholic which is what almost finished him? Hmmm... how about NEVER! The Punisher CAN'T function under the new management so say bye-bye to him having the ability to have movies for a while... So how about you come back and "school" me some more and tell me about my "failed" comments... Fanboys these days...

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By Dex_Starr

@charlieboy:

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_eisners_main.php

2012 DC has 14 nominees while Marvel has 11

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By charlieboy

@Dex_Starr: but i believe that daredevil has more nominations than any book. awards can be looked at subjectively. i mean actors aren't better than other actors because they won an award. they are just being appreciated for one particular acting job they did. i don't really think this is something that can be judged. art is subjective. i mean idw won the most awards last year from what i read. that does not mean they are a better company. i think maybe if you want to judge by success then you could check out the sales of the books. but event that changes back and forth. . dc has been on top lately and marvel has been on top before. thanks for the link. i will check it out.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Dex_Starr

@charlieboy:Well...Waid's Daredevil is pretty damn incredible...

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By charlieboy

@Dex_Starr: i have been hearing that. i am not a big daredevil fan so i have not checked it out. maybe i should.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By charlieboy

i think that most people base their comic choices on who their favorite characters are. i probably miss out on lots of books because i am very loyal to my favorites. but i have favorites from several companies.

Sixshot23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Sixshot23

@Dex_starr Who cares about awards. How many have you one? Do work for DC? You have alot riding on comics? You are getting desperate bringing up awards. Wtf does that matter? There are alot of great things in life that haven't recieved awards. Doesn't mean they didn't deserve them. Some that recieved them didn't deserve them.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By Dex_Starr

@Sixshot23:Um have you noticed the title of this thread? There asking which company is better, so why wouldn't I bring up awards? How am I getting desperate? It sounds like your running out of arguments, although to be fair you never had much of one to begin with.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By charlieboy

wow. people are getting awfully hateful on here. it is kind of sad.

Sixshot23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Sixshot23

@Came2play obviously i touched a nerve with you bro! Calling me a fanboy? Please! Im not the one getting upset. Im just staing facts. You lost all credibility when you said Marvel can no longer create dark stories. Lol! Really? Do you have a crystal ball? Can you see into the future? You must be able to if you know so much on how Marvel wont be able to do this an that bro. If you are so gifted what are you doing on this site? With all those predictability talents you have you should be ranking in the cash bro! Marvels Avengers is ranking in the cash right now breaking records without being dark. Explain to me how being only dark means better stories? I've read alot of stories from both DC and Marvel. Not even half of the best stories were dark. I read Vertigo, Max, Wildstorm, Marvel, DC, Image, Darkhorse, IDW, Dynamite etc. Im hardly a Fanboy. Im just a fan of comics. Maybe you should stop being a Fanboy an widen your horizons bro. Just saying being all emo isn't fun all the time. Being able to laugh an have fun are just as important. But thats ok you can be narrowminded an strictly stay with dark stories. Wow you must be alot of fun bro. Lol