Marvel vs. DC (Company Wise)

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Marvel has better ,deeper characters, stories and wider variety of characters. (DC has the big guns but other than Bats they lack depth and lower tier characters seem like background noise at times )
DC has Vertigo ( 100 Bullets and Scalped are the best books I've ever read)
DC has better animation BY FAR ( it always seems like Marvel does theres on the cheap )
Movies I'm up in the air on. For every TDK there's Batman Forever with nipple armor and every Avengers there's Elektra.

Marvel 6/10

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#102  Edited By Dex_Starr

@rdskns4eva: Almost every game you listed is either crap or came out years ago. The Xmen arcade game? You're going to use a game that came out 20 years ago? Then you have games that were on freaking PS2 like Ultimate Destruction and Spiderman 2, those games were fun 6-8 years ago, now not so much.

Wolverine was terrible, MK vs DC has a higher score then that POS on metacritics and I hated that game.

Capcom vs Marvel games haven't been good since the 90's, Everyone was expecting Marvel vs Capcom 3 to be awesome and it got owned by Mortal Kombat in 2011. Even Capcom knows their game sucked so they released it again with 8 new characters and charged 40 bucks for it.

Marvel does have good games, they either came out 20 years ago, or were on PS2/Xbox 7 or 8 years ago. That's absolutely pitiful. They can't license decent games now, that's why both Edge of Time and X-men Destiny were epic failures.

Arkham City and Arkham Asylum>>Current Marvel garbage, Marvel games from the 90's and Marvel games that were on PS2 and Xbox.

Nice rationale you use there. Until Marvel has something anywhere near the quality of the Arkham Games, DC owns Marvel in the video game department.

rdskns4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By rdskns4eva

@Butcher_Pete said:

@Dex_Starr said:

@Butcher_Pete said:

@Dex_Starr: So essentially you're crediting DC as being a better company because of one character keeping their franchise afloat in all areas...

Oh look, another user making excuses for Marvel's failure to branch out into other forms of media, lets take a look

@Dex_Starr said:

@Butcher_Pete said:

@Dex_Starr: So essentially you're crediting DC as being a better company because of one character keeping their franchise afloat in all areas...

Oh look, another user making excuses for Marvel's failure to branch out into other forms of media, lets take a look

@Butcher_Pete said:

Their ONLY good movies are Batman movies.

Superman Returns, Red, Watchmen

@Butcher_Pete said:

Their ONLY good video games are Batman video games.

And Marvel's only good video game is...oh wait...THEY DON'T HAVE...you keep saying how Batman is the only good DC video game, I'd rather play 2 amazing titles then 20 mediocre and crap titles, have fun with Edge of Time and Xmen Destiny

@Butcher_Pete said:

That's all DC has, one fantastic character, almost all the rest are lame and overpowered

Which proves that you don't even read DC, if they only had one fantastic character they wouldn't have won 3x as many Eisner awards as Marvel, and no, Batman didn't win most of them.

@Butcher_Pete said:

As for Marvel producing bad movies... even the worst one was at least 3 times more enjoyable than the Superman Returns movie.

Uh try again, Superman Returns has a 76% fresh rating on Rottentomatoes, which is higher than Iron Man 2 and the majority of Marvel's films including both Ghost Riders, both Fantastic Four's, Elektra, Daredevil and others.

@Butcher_Pete said:

I much prefer Marvel over DC, even though Batman is my favourite comic character.

Which means you prefer inferior quality products, because Marvel is all about inferior quality. Even their current event has been mediocre so far.

@Butcher_Pete said:

Their ONLY good movies are Batman movies.

Superman Returns, Red, Watchmen

@Butcher_Pete said:

Their ONLY good video games are Batman video games.

And Marvel's only good video game is...oh wait...THEY DON'T HAVE...you keep saying how Batman is the only good DC video game, I'd rather play 2 amazing titles then 20 mediocre and crap titles, have fun with Edge of Time and Xmen Destiny

@Butcher_Pete said:

That's all DC has, one fantastic character, almost all the rest are lame and overpowered

Which proves that you don't even read DC, if they only had one fantastic character they wouldn't have won 3x as many Eisner awards as Marvel, and no, Batman didn't win most of them.

@Butcher_Pete said:

As for Marvel producing bad movies... even the worst one was at least 3 times more enjoyable than the Superman Returns movie.

Uh try again, Superman Returns has a 76% fresh rating on Rottentomatoes, which is higher than Iron Man 2 and the majority of Marvel's films including both Ghost Riders, both Fantastic Four's, Elektra, Daredevil and others.

@Butcher_Pete said:

I much prefer Marvel over DC, even though Batman is my favourite comic character.

Which means you prefer inferior quality products, because Marvel is all about inferior quality. Even their current event has been mediocre so far.

Again, BATMAN.

Name one DC movie besides Batman, that isn't like putting your genitals on a belt sander... well I guess Watchmen, but that's it. (No idea what Red is)

The fact that Superman Returns has such a high rating on Rotten Tomatoes leaves me flabbergasted and questioning what kind of hallucinogens DC was pumping into the theatres to make to audiences have such a distorted view on what is one of the worst superhero movies ever produced. I've seen Ghost Rider... hated Ghost Rider... yet I would watch it 10 more times before you could convince me to watch Superman Returns again. Hell... I'd rather watch Elektra, which is an atrocious movie. I don't want to even think of how someone could even compare that piece of junk to Iron Man 2.

But, had Superman Returns not had DC's flagship character giving all the his comic fans a rager, and giving all the fans of the old movies an undeserved sense of nostalgia, clouding their judgement, I would imagine a lower rating. But, I guess I'll admit that a large portion of the population is odd enough to actually enjoy such a vomit inducing movie.

But that doesn't matter, the current movies that Marvel is producing are of much better quality then the ones that they had been releasing previously, with the probable exception of the upcoming Ghost Rider 2 movie. Thor, Captain America, The Hulk, Iron Man, Iron Man 2, and especially the Avengers, are all good movies that got good reviews. Cant say the same for the unfortunate attempts at Green Lantern and Jonah Hex.

As for the games... yeah, I'd rather play the Batman: Arkham Asylum and City games too, but aside from that... nothing going for DC. Though at the same time, very little going for Marvel as well.

DC wins the animation category, that's for sure.

It's just personal preference for me, because I genuinely don't like the majority of characters in DC comics that much, though I haven't minded the comics themselves. Whereas I like a lot of Marvel characters and the comics they're a part of.

But, like I said... you're crediting DC with the achievements of one character. Batman>Marvel>DC. Batman alone isn't enough for me to consider DC to be the better company.

Yea Batman and Superman is great. But I think Marvel has better tier 2 characters.

Also, marvel has a better video game cataloge. Nothing as good as Arkham Asylum or Arkham City, but there about 5-6 VERY GOOD games and a couple great ones. Marvel doesnt have anything as bad as Superman 64.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Dex_Starr

@WaveMotionCannon said:

Marvel has better ,deeper characters, stories and wider variety of characters. (DC has the big guns but other than Bats they lack depth and lower tier characters seem like background noise at times ) DC has Vertigo ( 100 Bullets and Scalped are the best books I've ever read) DC has better animation BY FAR ( it always seems like Marvel does theres on the cheap ) Movies I'm up in the air on. For every TDK there's Batman Forever with nipple armor and every Avengers there's Elektra. Marvel 6/10

Marvel doesn't have deeper characters, they sure as hell don't have better stories, which is why DC has won more than 3x as many Eisner and Harvey awards than Marvel has

rdskns4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By rdskns4eva

@Dex_Starr said:

@rdskns4eva: Almost every game you listed is either crap or came out years ago. The Xmen arcade game? You're going to use a game that came out 20 years ago? Then you have games that were on freaking PS2 like Ultimate Destruction and Spiderman 2, those games were fun 6-8 years ago, now not so much.

Wolverine was terrible, MK vs DC has a higher score then that POS on metacritics and I hated that game.

Capcom vs Marvel games haven't been good since the 90's, Everyone was expecting Marvel vs Capcom 3 to be awesome and it got owned by Mortal Kombat in 2011. Even Capcom knows their game sucked so they released it again with 8 new characters and charged 40 bucks for it.

Marvel does have good games, they either came out 20 years ago, or were on PS2/Xbox 7 or 8 years ago. That's absolutely pitiful. They can't license decent games now, that's why both Edge of Time and X-men Destiny were epic failures.

Arkham City and Arkham Asylum>>Current Marvel garbage, Marvel games from the 90's and Marvel games that were on PS2 and Xbox.

Nice rationale you use there. Until Marvel has something anywhere near the quality of the Arkham Games, DC owns Marvel in the video game department.

Again, great games the batman games were, but thats ALL DC has. They cant even make a decent superman game. Marvel has just had a better history of making good video games, regardless of when they came out. Name one decent DC game outside of the Arkham series. You cant cause they all suck.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Dex_Starr

@Butcher_Pete:

Again, BATMAN.

Name one DC movie besides Batman, that isn't like putting your genitals on a belt sander... well I guess Watchmen, but that's it. (No idea what Red is)

The fact that Superman Returns has such a high rating on Rotten Tomatoes leaves me flabbergasted and questioning what kind of hallucinogens DC was pumping into the theatres to make to audiences have such a distorted view on what is one of the worst superhero movies ever produced. I've seen Ghost Rider... hated Ghost Rider... yet I would watch it 10 more times before you could convince me to watch Superman Returns again. Hell... I'd rather watch Elektra, which is an atrocious movie. I don't want to even think of how someone could even compare that piece of junk to Iron Man 2.

But, had Superman Returns not had DC's flagship character giving all the his comic fans a rager, and giving all the fans of the old movies an undeserved sense of nostalgia, clouding their judgement, I would imagine a lower rating. But, I guess I'll admit that a large portion of the population is odd enough to actually enjoy such a vomit inducing movie.

But that doesn't matter, the current movies that Marvel is producing are of much better quality then the ones that they had been releasing previously, with the probable exception of the upcoming Ghost Rider 2 movie. Thor, Captain America, The Hulk, Iron Man, Iron Man 2, and especially the Avengers, are all good movies that got good reviews. Cant say the same for the unfortunate attempts at Green Lantern and Jonah Hex.

As for the games... yeah, I'd rather play the Batman: Arkham Asylum and City games too, but aside from that... nothing going for DC. Though at the same time, very little going for Marvel as well.

DC wins the animation category, that's for sure.

It's just personal preference for me, because I genuinely don't like the majority of characters in DC comics that much, though I haven't minded the comics themselves. Whereas I like a lot of Marvel characters and the comics they're a part of.

But, like I said... you're crediting DC with the achievements of one character. Batman>Marvel>DC. Batman alone isn't enough for me to consider DC to be the better company.

Again, get your facts straight. Batman, Watchmen, Red. Even Superman Returns has a 76 on rotten tomatoes, higher than the majority of Marvel films including Iron Man 2. If Superman Returns sucks then Iron Man 2 must be complete $hit

LMAO Wow..that's just sad...you're making excuses and still trying to rationalize...if you don't like the movie fine, but it outscored Iron Man 2...that is a fact and it won't go away no matter how much you want it to.

I also love how you'll name bad DC movies like Green Lantern and Jonah Hex, yet you'll ignore bad Marvel movies like Punisher War Zone and Wolverine Origins. Hell even in 2007 the first Ghost Rider, Spiderman 3 and FF Rise of Silver Surfer all came out and were trash.

I counted all of the films for Marvel and DC and given the number of films they released. DC has a higher ratio of quality films then Marvel does. Marvel has more quality films but for each good quality film Marvel has, there's 1 or 2 bad one's.

That's always been Marvel's business model. Shell out as much crap as possible and eventually they'll get a quality product per 10 mediocre to crap products

So yes, DC owns Marvel in film, animation and video games.

Yeah, DC has Arkham series going for them, what's Marvel have? Edge of Time and X-men Destiny

You keep coming up with the notion that DC only has Batman when All Star Superman, American Vampire, Fables, Sandman, Justice League, Absolute Justice, DC New Frontier...and many more have won more Eisner's than Marvel has. So you're idea of DC only having Batman is utter crap.

So your argument of me credditing DC with the achievements of one character has been refuted. Even in the animation department where DC owns Marvel there's a variety of films other than Batman, All Star Supes, several Justice League films.

The only category that DC owns Marvel in soley because of Batman is video games, and I don't consider that a contest since Marvel and Activision care about shelling out crap like Edge of Time and X-men Destiny so they can make a quick buck.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Dex_Starr

@rdskns4eva said:

Again, great games the batman games were, but thats ALL DC has. They cant even make a decent superman game. Marvel has just had a better history of making good video games, regardless of when they came out. Name one decent DC game outside of the Arkham series. You cant cause they all suck.

,Marvel doesn't have a better history of making good video games, for one thing Marvel licenses their games to Capcom and Activision,. Rocksteady Studios is an in house developer owned by Warner Bros.

MK vs DC = scored higher than Wolverine, Shattered Dimensions and Ultimate Alliance 2

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/mortal-kombat-vs-dc-universe

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/x-men-origins-wolverine

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/spider-man-shattered-dimensions

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/marvel-ultimate-alliance-2

Name one good Marvel game that didn't come out in the 90's or come out on PS2 or Xbox? You can't cause they all suck.

rdskns4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By rdskns4eva

@Dex_Starr said:

@rdskns4eva said:

,Marvel doesn't have a better history of making good video games, for one thing Marvel licenses their games to Capcom and Activision,. Rocksteady Studios is an in house developer owned by Warner Bros.

MK vs DC = scored higher than Wolverine, Shattered Dimensions and Ultimate Alliance 2

Name one good Marvel game that didn't come out in the 90's or come out on PS2 or Xbox? You can't cause they all suck.

lol compare a fighting game to action/adventure games.

Good job. You know your stuff :/

MK vs DC agaisnt Marvel vs Capcom would be a better comparion. Oh and Marvel vs Capcom has better reviews than MK vs DC.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Dex_Starr

@rdskns4eva:All the excuses in the world...another fun fact..MvC3 was made by Capcom not Marvel...MK 2011 was made in house at Warner Bros [who own DC] and it completely destroyed Marvel vs Capcom 3 and it's cheap cash in UMvC3.

Have fun playing Super Duper Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 when they add 4 new characters and charge another 40 dollars for it, I guess Marvel fans do enjoy getting ripped off LMAO

rdskns4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By rdskns4eva

@Dex_Starr said:

@rdskns4eva:All the excuses in the world...another fun fact..MvC3 was made by Capcom not Marvel...MK 2011 was made in house at Warner Bros [who own DC] and it completely destroyed Marvel vs Capcom 3 and it's cheap cash in UMvC3.

Have fun playing Super Duper Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 when they add 4 new characters and charge another 40 dollars for it, I guess Marvel fans do enjoy getting ripped off LMAO

lol MK vs DC sucked ass. It wasnt that good. DC just makes bad games outside of Arkham. I know its made by Capcom, I have the game. I assumed we could use ANY content that has the characters, but if we are just talking development studios, thats a differnt thing.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Dex_Starr

@rdskns4eva said:

@Dex_Starr said:

lol MK vs DC sucked ass. It wasnt that good. DC just makes bad games outside of Arkham. I know its made by Capcom, I have the game. I assumed we could use ANY content that has the characters, but if we are just talking development studios, thats a differnt thing.

Great argument "lulz that game sucks"

If that game sucks, then so do UA2, Wolverine, Shattered Dimensions.

You wanna know something else? Superman Returns is better than all of the Marvel games that were based the films including Thor, Cap, both Iron Man games, and Kick Ass [yes they actually made a Kick Ass game] and it's better than those crappy Marvel Superhero Squad games also.

So not only does DC have the best video games, they have a better ratio of good games than Marvel does, because for every passable Marvel game that comes out, 10 more crappy one's come with it.

It's not a different thing, their not DC characters but at least Warner Bros makes all of their stuff in house where Marvel works with Capcom and Activision to make crap they can sell for a quick cash in.

WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dex_Starr you're a fanboy that's cool but Marvel has better more memorable characters overall and DC has the big guns. This is coming from a guy who grew up on TeenTitans, LSH, among other DC titles. I bought stuff from both companies growing up and still do but Marvel does it more for me. DC is doing very well with the New 52 and I'm all in so far ( Red Hood and the GL books are my favorites) but they had to reinvent themselves for a reason to bring people like me back and new fans in.
As far as Eisner awards , that's all well and good but I'm sure the majority of them were for Vertigo titles.
Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Dex_Starr

@WaveMotionCannon said:

@Dex_Starr you're a fanboy that's cool but Marvel has better more memorable characters overall and DC has the big guns. This is coming from a guy who grew up on TeenTitans, LSH, among other DC titles. I bought stuff from both companies growing up and still do but Marvel does it more for me. DC is doing very well with the New 52 and I'm all in so far ( Red Hood and the GL books are my favorites) but they had to reinvent themselves for a reason to bring people like me back and new fans in. As far as Eisner awards , that's all well and good but I'm sure the majority of them were for Vertigo titles.

Great retort, instead of coming up with an argument you pull out the fanboy card.

Marvel doesn't better or more memorable characters, you're just making things up now. You think because Marvel whores out all of their franchises that they have good characters? That must explain why they have 10 freaking X-men related titles and 7 Avenger related titles, because they can get by on how good their characters are that they need multiple books for each one. The only thing that DC might have are 4 Batman titles and 2 Superman titles....

If you like Marvel more that's fine, but that means you prefer inferior writing, mediocre story lines and overall inferior quality products. If that's your fancy then that's all well and good,.

No, the majority of them are DC, you can google a list if you dont believe me. But even if that was the case what does it matter? Vertigo is DC, DC owns it, and the only that tells me is that the quality of Marvel can't even match the quality of one of DC's imprints let alone DC, which makes Marvel look even worse.

Avatar image for cerberusprime3k
CerberusPrime3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By CerberusPrime3k

@Dex_Starr said:

@rdskns4eva said:

According to the site all those games were 2-3 points behind and in your mind that means they suck? I'd understand if they were in the 60s but they all range in the mid to high 70s while the all mighty superman returns is down in the 50s, and as much as you hate the current Marvel v Capcom it scored way higher then Mk v Dc both Ultimate and regular version.

Sixshot23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Sixshot23

Fail at all the clowns that say their opinions are fact an tell other people their opinions are wrong! GTFO with that bs! The meaning of opinion is obviously lost on you. You know who I'm talking about! I actually joined this site because i had to comment because certain people think their opinions are fact. Saying DC is greater than Marvel is ridiculous. Thats an opinion not fact an that goes the other way around. I grew up on Marvel but if I thought like some of you people I would've never gave DC a chance. Both companies have made alot of mistakes but they've also made some of the best stories I've read! Liking only one company is liking only 1 kind of ice cream or woman. I prefer all flavors! People just don't get it. These companies need each other. Compitition is good! To root against 1 at a time when this industry is dire need of new fans is utterly foolish! We should be helping out this industry instead of bickering whose better! Fanboys kill this hobby for me! I've been collecting comics for over 20 yrs an I dont feel that will ever change. Not only do I love Marvel an DC but I also love the other companies(Image, Darkhorse, IDW, Dynamite etc)! Now getting back to the topic about movies. Whoring characters?! Thats the object to get your characters out there which Marvel has done a great job of. Just for your information btw Marvel hasn't made everyone of those movies (Iron man, Iron man 2, Incredible Hulk, Captain America, Thor an Avengers) so you need to get your facts straight. All of those movies have been successful an not flops. Now all of the Xmen, Ghost Rider, FF, Spiderman, Punisher, Daredevil and Elektra were made by other companies. Lets see how many DC character movies have been successful?! Superman an Batman. How did Green Lantern turn out? How about Jonah Hex? Catwoman? Btw im comparing Marvels universe vs DC universe characters not ones that are from vertigo( Constantine, Watchmen, Red an V for Vendetta) I like all those movies btw. Marvel has done a great job of putting they're characters out there. Have they all been successful? No. But atleast they believe enough in they're product to put those characters out. Now wheres the Flash? Wonderwoman? Aquaman? Martian Manhunter? More of the public has been exposed to Marvel characters than DC characters. Take away Batman an DC would colapse. He's one of my favorite characters behind Spidey of course! Lol. But seriously Marvel characters are more relatable than DC characters. I mean in the sense that they are all flawed no matter how powerful they are. DC characters just don't seem to have that connection to alot of people. Im looking at you Superman! Marvel took a gamble an it has paid off big time. Wether you loved or hated the Avengers movie you can't deny what it has done in the theaters. I would love to see a JLA movie it would be good for both companies in the long run. The problem is DC can't seem to get more characters out successfully besides Bats an Supes. They have to do something fast if not Marvel is going to leave them behind. I love all of these characters! I want them both to succeed but DC gotta get their collective heads out of their asses an take a chance an put more characters out! Thats a fact!

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't have objective info to say in 100% which one is better.
In Poland, Marvel heroes were always much, much more popular. DC in our country had only Batman movies and one Bat/Supe series. Marvel's X-Men are cult right now, I can even say that there is so-called X-Men generation in Poland that made first big Marvel-site and Marvel-forum. 
Superman and Batman are legends - no one can deny it and no hero will ever be greater than them. But in Europe, no one besides them is that well known. Not even Wonder Woman or Flash. Most of people that I met even know that Green Lantern was from DC. Greater percent know Lobo then them. 
X-Men, Spider-Man, Punisher (here people also doesn't know that he is from Marvel), Fantastic Four, Hulk, Surfer and Iron Man are all pretty much known. At least were, when I was a kid (I was born in 1989). Almost no one know what Avengers are. 

By money? I am more than sure that thanks to current movies Marvel is worth much more than DC. People on whole world know now who Thor, Cap, Iron Man, Hulk, Black Widow, Nick Fury, Hawkeye, FF, Surfer, X-Men, Spider-Man and Ghost Rider are. The same can't be said about DC heroes.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#117  Edited By Saren

@venomoushatred1001 said:

Depends on your perspective.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By SupremeHyperion

I agree with a few of the statements above. I think Marvel is ahead of the game due to it's willingness to expand on characters outside of their "top tier" content. Most of the characters in DC that I really like are usually put off to the side and not given much of a shot (OMAC, awesome series only allowed 8 issues), And I feel like DC has too many crazy "too powerful" characters with no real match while Marvel although it has some ridiculously powerful characters they do a better job of evening it out by having others in their league.

Marvel just seems to know how to manage multiple cool characters while keeping thier most popular characters still relevant, something I don't see DC doing. opinion

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#119  Edited By Billy Batson

DC imprints>Marvel imprints
BB

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Saren

@Billy Batson said:

BB

That's not even fair with Vertigo

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Billy Batson

@CitizenBane said:

@Billy Batson said:

BB

Wildstorm/Vertigo alone>Marvel imprints
BB

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Saren

@Billy Batson said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Billy Batson said:

BB

BB

Wildstorm and Vertigo are better than DC and Marvel combined.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Billy Batson

@CitizenBane said:

@Billy Batson said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Billy Batson said:

BB

BB

Wildstorm and Vertigo are better than DC and Marvel combined.

Marvel's the dead weight.
BB

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#124  Edited By Deranged Midget

@The Stegman said:

Not a battle...and the debate has been going on for over 50 years, the answer is purely subjective. I personally like DC more in every category, then again, some will say the same for Marvel, so to each, their own.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

@Sixshot23 said:

Fail at all the clowns that say their opinions are fact an tell other people their opinions are wrong! GTFO with that bs! The meaning of opinion is obviously lost on you. You know who I'm talking about! I actually joined this site because i had to comment because certain people think their opinions are fact. Saying DC is greater than Marvel is ridiculous. Thats an opinion not fact an that goes the other way around. I grew up on Marvel but if I thought like some of you people I would've never gave DC a chance. Both companies have made alot of mistakes but they've also made some of the best stories I've read! Liking only one company is liking only 1 kind of ice cream or woman. I prefer all flavors! People just don't get it. These companies need each other. Compitition is good! To root against 1 at a time when this industry is dire need of new fans is utterly foolish! We should be helping out this industry instead of bickering whose better! Fanboys kill this hobby for me! I've been collecting comics for over 20 yrs an I dont feel that will ever change. Not only do I love Marvel an DC but I also love the other companies(Image, Darkhorse, IDW, Dynamite etc)! Now getting back to the topic about movies. Whoring characters?! Thats the object to get your characters out there which Marvel has done a great job of. Just for your information btw Marvel hasn't made everyone of those movies (Iron man, Iron man 2, Incredible Hulk, Captain America, Thor an Avengers) so you need to get your facts straight. All of those movies have been successful an not flops. Now all of the Xmen, Ghost Rider, FF, Spiderman, Punisher, Daredevil and Elektra were made by other companies. Lets see how many DC character movies have been successful?! Superman an Batman. How did Green Lantern turn out? How about Jonah Hex? Catwoman? Btw im comparing Marvels universe vs DC universe characters not ones that are from vertigo( Constantine, Watchmen, Red an V for Vendetta) I like all those movies btw. Marvel has done a great job of putting they're characters out there. Have they all been successful? No. But atleast they believe enough in they're product to put those characters out. Now wheres the Flash? Wonderwoman? Aquaman? Martian Manhunter? More of the public has been exposed to Marvel characters than DC characters. Take away Batman an DC would colapse. He's one of my favorite characters behind Spidey of course! Lol. But seriously Marvel characters are more relatable than DC characters. I mean in the sense that they are all flawed no matter how powerful they are. DC characters just don't seem to have that connection to alot of people. Im looking at you Superman! Marvel took a gamble an it has paid off big time. Wether you loved or hated the Avengers movie you can't deny what it has done in the theaters. I would love to see a JLA movie it would be good for both companies in the long run. The problem is DC can't seem to get more characters out successfully besides Bats an Supes. They have to do something fast if not Marvel is going to leave them behind. I love all of these characters! I want them both to succeed but DC gotta get their collective heads out of their asses an take a chance an put more characters out! Thats a fact!

*applause* WELL DONE, SIR!

I agree with everything above.

WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dex_Starr

@WaveMotionCannon said:

@Dex_Starr you're a fanboy that's cool but Marvel has better more memorable characters overall and DC has the big guns. This is coming from a guy who grew up on TeenTitans, LSH, among other DC titles. I bought stuff from both companies growing up and still do but Marvel does it more for me. DC is doing very well with the New 52 and I'm all in so far ( Red Hood and the GL books are my favorites) but they had to reinvent themselves for a reason to bring people like me back and new fans in. As far as Eisner awards , that's all well and good but I'm sure the majority of them were for Vertigo titles.

Great retort, instead of coming up with an argument you pull out the fanboy card.

Marvel doesn't better or more memorable characters, you're just making things up now. You think because Marvel whores out all of their franchises that they have good characters? That must explain why they have 10 freaking X-men related titles and 7 Avenger related titles, because they can get by on how good their characters are that they need multiple books for each one. The only thing that DC might have are 4 Batman titles and 2 Superman titles....

If you like Marvel more that's fine, but that means you prefer inferior writing, mediocre story lines and overall inferior quality products. If that's your fancy then that's all well and good,.

No, the majority of them are DC, you can google a list if you dont believe me. But even if that was the case what does it matter? Vertigo is DC, DC owns it, and the only that tells me is that the quality of Marvel can't even match the quality of one of DC's imprints let alone DC, which makes Marvel look even worse.

I pulled the fanboy card because you are. You're attacking me for my opinion because like you get a paycheck from DC. I clearly stated I buy from BOTH companies and enjoy them BOTH but I like the Marvel characters better. Just because you're narrow minded doesn't mean I have to be too.
I don't know or care why they have so many Avengers or X Men books, other than there's too many of them for one book and they're popular enough to carry multiple books. DC " whores" your beloved Bruce just as much as Marvel does Spider Man or Wolverine so get over yourself. So feel free to continue limiting yourself and fanwank and be obnoxious , while I and others with sense will get the best of both worlds.
Have a nice day sir.
Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By GrandSymbiote94

Deadpool beating Venom in sales? BLASPHEMY, BLASPHEMY I SAY!!!!!

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Bo88gdan

@jeanroygrant said:

Marvel.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Emperorb777

Warner Bros or Disney

CaptainUseless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By CaptainUseless

Both are good in their own ways and both have their flaws. Neither is "better".

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By TifaLockhart

Why do people rip on MK vs. DC so much? It wasn't the greatest game ever but it didn't "suck."

Avatar image for deactivated-607949e25bdb6
deactivated-607949e25bdb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel due to DC's constant reboots; that said I do like some of DC's stuff...

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Killemall

@Dex_Starr: @Moonchilde: I dont understand why you guys are arguing because Dex has been saying Dc video games, movies and comics have better rating which is true, specially for comics off later after the introduction of New 52. However, What Moonchilde is arguing is correct too, despite being established late Marvel has made more money than DC. Marvel overall was the biggest comic book company in terms of size, also explains why Disney paid 4.2 billion to buy out marvel and Warner brother payed 4.1 billion (of course i am rounding off few digits). Movie wise Marvel has a lot better revenue than DC, the only real fruitful project from Dc was Batman franchise and seeing how Avengers has already collected more money than the Dark Knight its obvious which franchise is going to be bigger.

In case of the most popular Video Game the top one of course is from DC Batman : Arkham Asylum and its older versions , but this has got a lot to do with the fact that Batman movie was such a giant success. Second on the line is Marvel Alliance and X-men , and Marvel Alliance , exactly like Batman is getting a lot more attention off late.

I am still surprised how Avengers is making so much money because i honestly think The Dark Knight was a lot better as a movie, but they are so yeah!

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Saren

@Pwok21 said:

Marvel due to DC's constant reboots; that said I do like some of DC's stuff...

...........I don't understand why people say DC constantly reboots their universe. The last reboot before Flashpoint was 26 years ago.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By TifaLockhart

@CitizenBane: Do Zero Hour and Infinite Crisis count as reboots?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#136  Edited By Strider1992

Purely subjective to taste. There's many characters/series I dislike in both franchises. As far as i'm concerned there is no better one just different writing and stroyline in each. I find it easier just to differentiate between a bad comic and a good comic and not base it on the franchise who made it.

Eg: Chris Yost and Dan Slott are doing a great job on their titles where as Bendis and a few others....not so much....

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Saren

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: The universe didn't really change, per se. Continuity remained the same for 99% of the DCU.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By TifaLockhart

@CitizenBane: I still don't know what the frag is going on. Even Pre-Flashpoint I didn't.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Killemall

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

@CitizenBane: I still don't know what the frag is going on. Even Pre-Flashpoint I didn't.

Well Zero Hour only rebooted their alternate realities, they needed to be bigger than just a universe after Infinite Crisis.

@Billy Batson: The top selling comics at the moment is Avengers Vs X-Men though :p , and you know what if marvel insists on making comics series like The Fear Itself and after it was so long and boring makes a 12 issue tie in series the fearless those figures could drastically change.

chaos-soul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By chaos-soul

TOPCOW AND IMAGE lol
Thats for me personally but i would have to say marvel over dc imo. the characters in marvel comics seem more human like to me. most of dc character seem to be so far away from human its no fun to read for me. and i don't mean human as in from earth i mean as in relateabble on an emotional level. Yeah dc characters have their emo moments but for me they seem o come to far and between. while marvels characters (the ones i follow) are constantly trying to balance personal life and super life ie. iron man, spider man, the x-men, the hulk, ect. I also feel that marvels writing is more modern and readable, dc seems to be really corny and cliche. On the DC side, they seem to have better major story archs well more consistent in quality. For Marvel major story archs like AvX start well but slowly get stale with little plot development and stories like Fear it self have far to many tie-ins and get lost trying to keep the stories together imo. When it comes to the main stream media i think DC does a far better job, mainly when it comes to TV series such as young justice (which i find to be incredibly dope and amazing.) whereas marvels shows just arnt as attractive or unwatchable for me. They are both great companies and if it weren't for them the greatness that is Image and Topcow would not exist and i thank them.
Oh sorry for the horrible grammar my brain is on break first semester of college just ended.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Killemall

@chaos-soul: you did not even mention Archies, how could u man :p

Avatar image for deactivated-607949e25bdb6
deactivated-607949e25bdb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CitizenBane: Meh I still feel that there are more reboots than necessary.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Billy Batson

@Killemall said:

@Billy Batson: The top selling comics at the moment is Avengers Vs X-Men though :p , and you know what if marvel insists on making comics series like The Fear Itself and after it was so long and boring makes a 12 issue tie in series the fearless those figures could drastically change.

Why are you telling me this?
BB

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#144  Edited By termiteone4ever

DC all the way . I like marvel but Dc got my attention for while now .

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Killemall

@Billy Batson said:

Why are you telling me this?

BB

Because i can ;)

LOL seriously, I though you were arguing with Dex that marvel has been selling more issues.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Billy Batson

@Killemall:

Well they are leading in terms of market sales.
BB

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By TifaLockhart

Sales don't necessarily reflect what I personally prefer.

I'm just a DC. Fanboy me all you want, but it's the honest biased truth.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Dex_Starr

@WaveMotionCannon:

I pulled the fanboy card because you are. You're attacking me for my opinion because like you get a paycheck from DC. I clearly stated I buy from BOTH companies and enjoy them BOTH but I like the Marvel characters better. Just because you're narrow minded doesn't mean I have to be too.

I don't know or care why they have so many Avengers or X Men books, other than there's too many of them for one book and they're popular enough to carry multiple books. DC " whores" your beloved Bruce just as much as Marvel does Spider Man or Wolverine so get over yourself. So feel free to continue limiting yourself and fanwank and be obnoxious , while I and others with sense will get the best of both worlds.

Have a nice day sir.

I'm not attacking your opinion, I'm calling you out on it. If you have an opinion that's good and well but you need to be able to defend that opinion. Since you're unable to you pull the fanboy card.

Right,. the only response you have is DC whoring out Batman who has a grand total of 4 comics, really comparable to Marvel have TEN Xmen titles and 7 Avenger titles.

And by assuming that "I don't read Marvel" you're the only person here who's narrow minded, just because I'm not balls to walls crazy over the 20 Avenger and X-men teams doesn't mean I only read DC. Great analyses

I simply know when a company is going all out to take every penny from the consumer, if you enjoy getting ripped off good for you.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Dex_Starr

@Killemall said:

@Dex_Starr: @Moonchilde: I dont understand why you guys are arguing because Dex has been saying Dc video games, movies and comics have better rating which is true, specially for comics off later after the introduction of New 52. However, What Moonchilde is arguing is correct too, despite being established late Marvel has made more money than DC. Marvel overall was the biggest comic book company in terms of size, also explains why Disney paid 4.2 billion to buy out marvel and Warner brother payed 4.1 billion (of course i am rounding off few digits). Movie wise Marvel has a lot better revenue than DC, the only real fruitful project from Dc was Batman franchise and seeing how Avengers has already collected more money than the Dark Knight its obvious which franchise is going to be bigger.

In case of the most popular Video Game the top one of course is from DC Batman : Arkham Asylum and its older versions , but this has got a lot to do with the fact that Batman movie was such a giant success. Second on the line is Marvel Alliance and X-men , and Marvel Alliance , exactly like Batman is getting a lot more attention off late.

I am still surprised how Avengers is making so much money because i honestly think The Dark Knight was a lot better as a movie, but they are so yeah!

I don't think the Batman films had much to do with the Arkham Games being popular since they aren't even based off BB and TDK. Batman has always been incredibly popular since the 90's, since Batman TAS is easily one of the best animated shows.

WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dex_Starr

@WaveMotionCannon:

Have a nice day sir.

I'm not attacking your opinion, I'm calling you out on it. If you have an opinion that's good and well but you need to be able to defend that opinion. Since you're unable to you pull the fanboy card.

Right,. the only response you have is DC whoring out Batman who has a grand total of 4 comics, really comparable to Marvel have TEN Xmen titles and 7 Avenger titles.

And by assuming that "I don't read Marvel" you're the only person here who's narrow minded, just because I'm not balls to walls crazy over the 20 Avenger and X-men teams doesn't mean I only read DC. Great analyses

I simply know when a company is going all out to take every penny from the consumer, if you enjoy getting ripped off good for you.

You attacked my opinion because you didn't agree with it. You didn't call me out , you flat out told me I was wrong because I didn't agree with you on the superiority of DC comics, like I'm not entitled to my own opinions. I don't have to defend my opinion to you.
I actually read more DC than Marvel right now but it doesn't change the fact I like Marvel characters more. So now what?

By the way calling me out on my opinion is asking me to go into detail as to why I have formed said opinion, not telling me I'm wrong because you don't agree. Remember that next time.