Marvel NOW IS coming back...

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Well, it's been about a year, so it's time for Marvel to relaunch again, cause big numbers scare them.

So Marvel Now is coming back...yay.

No Caption Provided

LINK

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Hopefully this means Odinson and James Howlett will be returning aswell.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The All New All different Marvel was a tremendous failure, so i am not surprised with this creative decisions, but i don't know if this is how you should correct it, because in the end Marvel comics is just reinforcing the notion that story rooted comics are over with the current editorial, and in 2017 there has to be another Pr, so for people like myself that drop Marvel comics one year ago, what is really the point of coming back to read this comics if this is just a pr cycle?

laidblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe I can get a new FF book.

. . . no? Carry on then.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Marvel Rebirth yas!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

That's two things today that make me happy that I dumped non-Star Wars Marvel.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I hope they come back with some really good books. Ultimate's is the best thing I have seen from marvel. We need back Wolverine,Thor and Banner enough with this nonsense already.

gamiz7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i hope marvels favorite fantastic family of four get a book , im talking about the power pack

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not surprising they've said it multiple interviews that they're going for more of a TV model where they want to renumber each year with good jumping on points for new readers. It's not perfect, but I think this model works better overall than asking someone to do the same thing on issue 50+ where it's not always clear what a good jumping on point is.

Sad that you won't see natural number milestones but if it's more approachable to new readers it's practically a must, because I wouldn't want them to pull a New 52 and just hit the restart button on a lot of things.

TheSpoiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By TheSpoiler

I don't mind them re-launching every year, but I wish they'd come up with a new name for it.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 the_stegman  Moderator

@Feartheliving: And people do buy number ones. People wonder why Marvel is the top selling publisher, it's less to do with quality and more about clever business practice. Events and number ones sell, so they do them constantly.

Nite_Nite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Nite_Nite

With all the slander marvel gets on the site...you'd think they weren't leading in sales by a landslide

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By micah007123

@nite_nite said:

With all the slander marvel gets on the site...you'd think they weren't leading in sales by a landslide

Well the site user base in particular tends to lean more in the DC direction from what I've noticed. The ones who tend to slander Marvel more often than most make it an obligation to remind the site frequently that they don't read Marvel if you pay attention to the main articles comment section. DC has largely been disappointing in the New-52 from what could have been done with properties and what was hyped to happen but I'm hoping Rebirth will get it right this time. (Marvel has not been without their faults), but the Vine userbase tends to be more critical when discussing Marvel's faults.

Nite_Nite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nite_nite said:

Well the site user base in particular tends to lean more in the DC direction from what I've noticed. The ones who tend to slander Marvel more often than most make it an obligation to remind the site frequently that they don't read Marvel if you pay attention to the main articles comment section. DC has largely been disappointing in the New-52 from what could have been done with properties and what was hyped to happen but I'm hoping Rebirth will get it right this time. (Marvel has not been without their faults), but the Vine userbase tends to be more critical when discussing Marvel's faults.

Thanks for backing me up!

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soon, but hey this could be good

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Marvel is so pathetic. The constant relaunches and gimmicks like "TR8R Cap" just come off as so desperate. If they lost the gags and actually let their books git double digitals, they probably wouldn't even be leading the sales charts.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 the_stegman  Moderator

@micah007123 said:
@nite_nite said:

I don't think there's a bias for either, CV is just naturally pessimistic.

If anything, Marvel gets criticized on its comic decisions more and DC gets criticized on its film and tv.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By micah007123

@the_stegman said:
@nite_nite said:
@micah007123 said:
@nite_nite said:

I don't think there's a bias for either, CV is just naturally pessimistic.

If anything, Marvel gets criticized on its comic decisions more and DC gets criticized on its film and tv.

That's a good way of describing it, which is strange that a site like this would have a pessimistic community. You are right about DC film and TV, that would be the other side of the coin.

The V0id

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another reboot!? FFS..

vascillator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe they realized that "All New, All Different" is just a really really lame name for their comic books. Either way any kind of change is welcome at this point.

saucygiraffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They have been doing this yearly for awhile now, why is this suddenly a surprise to people?

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Not a surprise. I just hope the quality of their books improves. I didn't care that they called themselves "All New-All Different". I do care that except for Lemire's Hawkeye book, I wasn't enjoying their comics. Oh well, at least the MCU is still doing well.

laidblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Remember when comic book ongoing went on for hundreds upon of hundreds of issue. That's just dead, huh.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sigh, of course it is. Fingers crossed this doesn't turn out to be another gimmick filled relaunch.

Mahaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All new all different was kind of a mouthfull anyway.