Marvel Civil War: What side would you have chosen?

RedLantern2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Marvel Civil War: What side would you have chosen? (116 votes)

Iron Man 23%
Captain America 55%
Fought Both 6%
Left the U.S. 16%

Imagine you were a super-hero in the Marvel universe prior to civil war. One day you are out and about,fighting crime, when you see the bombing on television.

Later you hear about the Super-Hero Registration Act and before long; it's CIVIL WAR!

How would you have reacted and what side, if any, would you have chosen?

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@stormphoenix: @redlantern2814: You both are having a great discussion. I mean more towards redlantern's thinking but the argument being made for training untested powered people has some merit. Just not in the way Tony was envisioning. And no, Thor was not responsible for the damages caused by Tony threatening him. Tony had a lot to answer for.

Damage Control was one such group that would clean up after battles. Just an FYI and probably not very helpful to the discussion, sorry.

RedLantern2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola: Of course it's helpful in this discussion! I just couldn't resist sharing a picture of those dirty unregistered heroes cleaning up after a battle..... dirty dirty unregistered's :p

Secondly, I am all for training. SHIELD trained young heroes, Xavier's school is all around training, etc. However, forcing people to register did nothing to aid in training. Peter Parker does not need to put his name on paper as Spider-Man in order to be trained by people like Captain America.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@redlantern2814:

1. He was by himself if he had a team Nitro would been stopped.

2. They both are seriously. -_-

3. "There would be more destruction if they didn't fight" Ok? Even so they lost track of what they where really fighting for case in point lots of people died. As I said before this I can see why the humans would want this, but you believe them to be stupid alright. You say training doesn't work ok then what about knowledge knowing your enemy his abilities and powers.

4. Oh good now lets see them do that, but on the next brawl huh?

RedLantern2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
  @stormphoenix@ms-lola
@stormphoenix@ms-lola
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RedLantern2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix: 1) If he had a team nitro may have been stopped. However, there is no way to know that. It could have simply ended with most of the X-men dead.

2) Nope Tony was.

3) I didn't say training didn't work. I said training cannot prepare you for everything and also that registration is not required for training. Also they didn't lose sight of the main reason they were fighting. The Registration Act was meant to give the Government power over the super community. The people who didn't want to be slaves fought against it. Fighting was inevitable and everyone knew it.

4) You really paint humanity as a truly entitled lot. You ask me to show you a picture of heroes cleaning up and your mind is just focused on seeing them do it more. You paint humans as wanting to having the enemies fought and also not have to worry about cleaning up the mess; never satisfied unless the super-heroes are on their knees. That attitude, in reality, would cause super-heroes to move to an area where they are appreciated which would leave areas vulnerable to super-villains. Good luck lecturing them on civic duty.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola: Damage Control? Never heard of them and actually yes this helps a lot in this discussion. I don't know who those people are and if they exist in 616 universe then why haven't anyone said anything about it?

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix: I guess Marvel didn't want them in the story. Silly, I'd say.

RedLantern2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola: To be fair they are kind of backup decoration...... lol :p

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redlantern2814: 1. I'm pretty sure the X-men would take him down with casualties in there ranks.

2. IF there where people around them in those house they both are. Since there are none then yes Tony is at fault.

3. I will say this I just have a different opinion about that.

4. LOL no no sir I want to see exactly more heroes doing that in the picture you just showed me.

RedLantern2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix: 1) Why didn't putting their names on a piece of paper save them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2) Having people around would do absolutely nothing to alter whose fault it was; it would only add to the level of guilt on the person who was at fault. That person being Tony.

3) The fact that Xavier had a school for training gifted youngsters actually proves that you don't have to register to be trained

4) Heroes do that, but why should they do that for you? Here is what I have gotten so far from how you view heroes: Guys who you want to fight your villains, guys who you want to clean up after those villains, and guys you think should be forced to register with the Government. So you want them to not only do all your work for you but also be slaves. No society with that mindset would ever retain heroes to fight for them.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@redlantern2814: 1.-_- HUH?

2, 3, 4 I have explained it as best I could and I don't know what else to say to you and how to say it better or maybe i'm just saying it the wrong way IDK. You think I want heroes to be slaves? hahahaha no dude your missing it. But its ok I don't expect you too. So in short i'm done here. We can go back and forth about this all night. There are things you strongly disagree with and there are things I strongly disagree. Now its become matter of opinion so i'm going to bed it's super late where I live night.

KodaChan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

going to hang out in dc

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 24

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap.

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudguy: Best freaking answer. (high fives)