Looking For Artist(s) ... Project In Progress

34234334g3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By 34234334g3

I'm working on a new comic book project, and I'm looking for a new artist (or artists).

You can see the full details over here, but I'm looking for people to give me their artistic take on the character, and pick the best!

Feel free to contact me however you'd like! 

Thanks

--Kyle

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

I'm a professional comic book writer and I hate to tell you, you will not find much here on ComicVine. There are a few people on here that are somewhat decent, but no one is professionally trained in their art. You can tell just by looking at the artwork. I recommend hitting up artist alleys at cons and going to local colleges to pic up graphic design or animation majors to do books with.

lionheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By lionheart
inferiorego said:
"I'm a professional comic book writer and I hate to tell you, you will not find much here on ComicVine. There are a few people on here that are somewhat decent, but no one is professionally trained in their art. You can tell just by looking at the artwork. I recommend hitting up artist alleys at cons and going to local colleges to pic up graphic design or animation majors to do books with."

what do i do to become a pro comic writer?
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
lionheart said:
"inferiorego said:
"I'm a professional comic book writer and I hate to tell you, you will not find much here on ComicVine. There are a few people on here that are somewhat decent, but no one is professionally trained in their art. You can tell just by looking at the artwork. I recommend hitting up artist alleys at cons and going to local colleges to pic up graphic design or animation majors to do books with."

what do i do to become a pro comic writer?"
Work your @ss off in college, take as many writing classes as you can. Get published. Work for no money for a while.... And then someday...... make it. I'm currently in the someday make it stage.
lionheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lionheart
inferiorego said:
"lionheart said:
"inferiorego said:

Work your @ss off in college, take as many writing classes as you can. Get published. Work for no money for a while.... And then someday...... make it. I'm currently in the someday make it stage."

does it really matter what college i go to? (as long as its not terrible). as in is there any colleges that teach comic book writing related subjects
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
lionheart said:
"inferiorego said:
"lionheart said:
"inferiorego said:

Work your @ss off in college, take as many writing classes as you can. Get published. Work for no money for a while.... And then someday...... make it. I'm currently in the someday make it stage."

does it really matter what college i go to? (as long as its not terrible)"
It all depends on what you want to do. I got my A.A. from a 2 year school, then my B.A. In film/video (Concentrating in Screenwriting & Critical Analysis) from Columbia College Chicago based on the fact it was one of the best films schools in the country and would allow me to network with other people. By the time I started going there I was already a published writer, but wanted to improve on my writing and learn to write in different formats/styles. The college allowed me to meet a few other great writers and artists and opened the doors for my comic writing career.

Steps to becoming successful writer:
A. Go to college. I always thought I was an amazing writer, many other people felt that way about me also. However, college courses really broadened my horizons and made me "blossom" into the writer I am now.
1. Make sure you can afford the college. You don't want to be in debt the rest of your life because you could sneak into Yale and don't want to study law.
2. Make sure the college is right for you and that you are right for the college, it will make sense when you visit random colleges.

B. Learn to separate yourself from your writing. If someone hates your work, they don't hate you. It takes a little while to get used to that and to understand and accept a good critique. Not every idea you have is going to be amazing. For every 1 good idea that I have that makes it to print, there are 20 that sit on my computer and rot away. When I say 20, I usually mean 50.

C. Become part of a writing group. In my comedy group, I'm involved with 5 other writers. With comics, my scripts get handed off to 4 other people, after each draft. I'm surrounded by people who are very harsh on my writing. I tell them to be as mean as possible as long as the criticism is constructive. It helps you grow as a writer. However, you have to learn how to critique others writing. (That's where my critical analysis concentration comes in)

D. Love what you're doing. You know how many stories I've worked through that I've hated? Zero. If I realize a story is bulls-hit, I either scrap it, or more importantly, find what I don't like and change it.

Hope this is helpful, I took some Nyquil 30 min ago and I'm starting to fall asleep....
34234334g3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By 34234334g3

Looks like my thread's been hijacked.

But that's ok.

Thanks for the help.

--Kyle