Lack of character continuity in the new Winter Soldier

errantknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By errantknight

Anyone else feeling disappointed by the new series, Bucky Barnes: the winter Soldier? The only point of commonality between this Bucky and the Bucky of Captain America and The Winter Soldier I'm seeing is his skill set. Nevermind the fact that 'artistry' is completely overriding coherency, I don't even know who this is. The character seems to have more in common with Peter Quilll than the Winter Soldier.

Admittedly, I thought that Ed Brubaker's interpretation of the character was pretty much perfect, and such a tough act to follow that I can see why they'd want to go another direction, but there's absolutely nothing here to explain why he seems so entirely different--not to mention the fact that virtually everything that made him such a compelling character is missing here. It just seems kind of emotionally hollow and pointless. Not Remender character assassination pointless (Agent 13, Steve Rogers), but fairly wtf.

errantknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oops, I put this in the wrong place, didn't I? Sorry, first time posting here. Next time I'll put something like this under 'Marvel'

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@errantknight: I guess so, but having a character presented differently from their last time on panel isn't uncommon, unfortunately. I did pick up the first issue but economically, I couldn't justify keeping the title on my pull list. You're the first I've heard of anyone not really enjoying it. Then again, I haven't heard people claim they've enjoyed it either.

errantknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's just such a waste, lol.