Justice League Film

Notemoro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I was going to create a YouTube account and discuss things like this but not only would I be to lazy to keep up with making videos week after week...but also YouTube reviewing these days is just to cliche for me.

Anyways, I came here to basically discuss my opinion on some rumors that have been floating around and also just what I would like to see in a (possible) JL film.

So I'd like to things start off where it all kinda began. The Dark Knight Trilogy. Ive been hearing rumors that the JL movie (if its going to be made) will reboot Christopher Nolan's Trilogy. I ask why? I might be alone in saying this but I love Christian Bale as Batman. I'm not saying that only Bale can play Batman!...but it seems like keeping Bale is the logical choice rather then rebooting Batman (= illogical and unnecessary). And yes both Bale and Nolan have already said that they are "done" with Bats but...I'm pretty sure that they said the same thing twomovies ago. But what happened?...Nolan kept saying, "I was wrong...the Batman had to come back." I paraphrased of course.

Now with that being said...there is still the problematic ending to the Dark Knight Rises. But...Ive come up with two ways they could fix it...if a JL movie is made of course. The first..."its simple...we kill the Batman." Let Levitt dawn the cowl for a few...then take him out of the picture. The second, is a radical turn. But a radical ending such as the Dark Knight Rises calls for a radical turn. And that turn is...Red Hood. Make Levitt turn into the villain (not the main villain of course) and start killing criminals. I know...now you might be wondering...'how would this go along with the story of the JL movie?' Well to answer that we must knowwhat the story is or should be.

I will get to my opinion of what I think the JL story could be similar to. But first lets discuss some more speculation. Another rumor Ive heard involves that of the main antagonist in the JL film. It seems (please correct me if I'm wrong) as though the majority of people want Darkseid to be the main villain in the JL movie...I suppose to compete with Marvel's The Avengers film. Again...I ask why? We have already seen that. We've seen that cliched alien invasion which brings our heroes together in the Avengers already...so why would DC repeat that just to "compete" with Marvel. To me...for DC to compete and surpass Marvel they need a good story. If there's one thing some of the Marvel movies have lacked its story and structure. I personally feel...that an interesting story which orchestrated the JL together in a unique and exceptional way...was Kingdom Come. The basic premise of this story...for those unaware...was that "new heroes" had risen and began to bring chaos upon the Earth (this is where our Robin John Blake/Red Hood character could come into play). Thus the JL came together (well actually came back together) to bring balance and order back. This could explain why characters we haven't seen yet...such as the Amazon Diana...reveal themselves to the world to save it (doing the opposite of what Marvel did...bring in characters in one movie then give em spin offs).

Another reason I'd love to see a Kingdom Come type story/film is not only because that would be a great title for the Nolan film...but also because of Magog. With the new upcoming Man Of Steel movie most have been discussing Doomsday...which is great I have been to. But...again...I might be alone in saying this but I think I'd much rather see Magog in the Man Of Steel Trilogy (assuming that it will be a trilogy) then I would Doomsday. For one main reason. I feel that Magog has a little more emotional depth and awareness then a character like Doomsday which makes him more dangerous and witty (think Bane). Although I will say that Magog's origin would probably need some polishing. Nevertheless, Magog was the New Man Of Tomorrow who sent Kal-El into a 10 year exile like a little girl. He did something Doomsday never did...he humiliated the Man Of Steel. But this of course is just one route they could go.

Or! Or! We scrap everything I just wrote and make two separate DC film Universes. A Fantasy Universe with a JL that consists of characters like the Man Of Steel, the Emerald Knight, the Amazon Diana, and the Fastest Man Alive...and a Realistic Universe with a JL or Outsiders group that consists of characters such as The Dark Knight, Nightwing, the "Cat Burglar", Huntress, and Arrow.

But of course opinions change. Even mine. Opinions also differ. So please tell me what you guys think of all this and also what you'd like to see in a JL film. Also please understand that I do not intend on getting anyone's hopes to high. I hate that crap. In fact, I believe that that is what killed the Dark Knight Rises...to many rumors, to many hopes, and not enough quietness.

Thanks.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Jnr6Lil

DC Cinematic Universe isn't big enough for Kingdom Come

Tacos_Kickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just hope its good. Most comic movies that come out ruin characters for me, X-men ruined the X-men and mostly Wolverine , Spider-Man 3 ruined Venom, The Avengers ruined the Avengers, I dont look at those characters the same and I dont like when that happens.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By colonyofcells

Very easy to do a Justice League movie that ties to the Superman movies and older Batman movies. The replacement for Batman gets killed so Batman has to stop having sex with Catwoman and Batman has to go back to work. Secret invasion of Darkseid via his minions like Godfrey, Granny and Desaad are investigated by Batman and Batman contacts the other super heroes for help and Batman forms the Justice League. Dc's icons like Supes, Bats, WW, Barry and Hal should be a match for Marvel's avengers. Marvel is now copying also Darkseid's elite by giving Thanos some little helpers, so Dc should make good use of Darkseid's elite in a Justice League movie such as Kalibak, Kanto, Mantis, Bedlam, etc. For a 2nd Justice League movie, can use villains like Magog, von bach, 666, swastika, pinwheel, etc.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just hope its good. Most comic movies that come out ruin characters for me, X-men ruined the X-men and mostly Wolverine , Spider-Man 3 ruined Venom, The Avengers ruined the Avengers, I dont look at those characters the same and I dont like when that happens.

X-Men Franchise was great

Lenger01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't mind seeing Bale return in JL, but after some thought I want a Batman reboot. Not another origin story of Batman though, everybody already knows his story. I want Batman to already have a couple years under his utility belt. I think it would be cool if they did a Dick Grayson/Robin origin. And MOST importantly this Dick Grayson WILL be around 13 when he becomes Robin. I also think it would be awesome if they made a Teen Titans origin after the Batman reboot that starts off with Robin quitting his partnership with Batman.

Notemoro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil: I didn't say for the film to be exactly like the Kingdom Come story...I just said it should be similar.

@allstarsuperman: Idk about that...about a GL sequel. If anything they have to reboot the Emerald Knight...like have to. That movie was horrifying.

@colonyofcells: Lol idk I kinda wanna see little bat/cat babies lol jk. And yes that is very true...Thanos is a direct copy of Darkseid. But that doesn't mean DC should copy back just to compete. And again is it just me!...or are people not tired of cliched alien invasions yet!?

Good points though everyone :)