Let the games begin

Avatar image for deactivated-5a2b0053414c5
deactivated-5a2b0053414c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

JL because, as we saw, Team DBZ has no idea how to play Baseball(with the exception of Yamcha); they'd keep getting fouls lol

houseshm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JL because, as we saw, Team DBZ has no idea how to play Baseball(with the exception of Yamcha); they'd keep getting fouls lol

should have included this but both teams have full knowledge of how to play baseball

also gohan has played baseball too in high school

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wally throws a ball and adds speed to it, making it travel millions of times the speed of light. Mismatch, the Z Fighters won't hit a single pitch.

houseshm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wally throws a ball and adds speed to it, making it travel millions of times the speed of light. Mismatch, the Z Fighters won't hit a single pitch.

Not allowed since that would destroy the field and is against the rules and would get the justice league disqualified so z fighters win by default

also MFTL speeds are very easy to react to for z fighters at this point especially Goku and Vegeta so pretty sure they can handle speeds alot faster than millions of times speed of light.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

Well if we went by the current JL then a lot of their members would be at a stupid physical disadvantage. If Batman threw a pitch or tried to catch a ball hit my any Z Fighter it would rip his arm clean off.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Jl. If both teams have full versatily at there disposal... They simply have better versatility.

Is this the current Jl or Main Jl that everyone thinks of? The Trinity,Barry Allen,Hal Jordan, Aquaman, and MMH?

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Goku is officially an idiot at everything that doesn't involve fighting. He can't hope to lead his team to victory.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku is officially an idiot at everything that doesn't involve fighting. He can't hope to lead his team to victory.

Pretty sure Goku can understand basic concepts like:

"Whey the ball comes to you, hit it with this bat as hard as you can."

"When the ball comes to you, and you're wearing this glove, catch it." (Optional: "And throw it to the person standing at Home Plate."

Baseball is not a very complex game at it's core.

And it all really comes down to the League we're playing with. Assuming no subs, we need 9 players per team.

Justice LeagueZ-Fighters
SupermanGoku
BatmanVegeta
Wonder WomanPiccolo
AquamanGohan
CyborgTien
Green Lantern (Baz)Krillin
Green Lantern (Cruz)Android 18
The FlashMajin Buu
Black CanaryYamcha

I honestly see this game breaking down into Super Ball at one point or another, but up until then, Canary and Batman are non-factors. Afterwards, they really become non-factors.

Essentially playing two people down, Z-Fighters take the advantage--especially considering Yamcha played pro ball with ease.

This really is down to The Flash though. Assuming how I listed them is batting order, the biggest issue is striking out The Flash. If they can strike him out, the rest shouldn't be terribly difficult. Otherwise, Barry wreaks havoc all night and basically solos. Let alone trying to get a ball past him in the outfield.

I'll give it to The League. Barry Allen wins the MVP award.

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@scouterv: I agree with you, though I'll give my own analysis just for fun.

Superman has come close to Flash on occasion. And Wonder Woman has broken into the Speedforce through sheer speed before. In terms of speed, the Flash will wreak havok but he won't be the only one. Goku can figure out baseball, but he can't lead the team. He's not really a team player, even if you don't take into account his... anti-feats when it comes to intelligence. Superman can figure out baseball and coach the team effectively, even if he'd never seen the game before. Currently, Goku is good at fighting and growing lettuce. That's about it.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Wolfrazer

Interesting enough the current DBS episode 70 has baseball in it and Yamcha is the Team Captain and upstages just about everyone, he even shows a new combo technique with Wolf Fang Fist + Spirit Ball.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: I agree with you, though I'll give my own analysis just for fun.

Superman has come close to Flash on occasion. And Wonder Woman has broken into the Speedforce through sheer speed before. In terms of speed, the Flash will wreak havok but he won't be the only one. Goku can figure out baseball, but he can't lead the team. He's not really a team player, even if you don't take into account his... anti-feats when it comes to intelligence. Superman can figure out baseball and coach the team effectively, even if he'd never seen the game before. Currently, Goku is good at fighting and growing lettuce. That's about it.

I think you're underestimating how smart Goku is. Alternatively, he could just read Yamcha's mind for the information on the finer points of Baseball. If anything, he'll just defer to Yamcha and/or Vegeta will take charge. If the others want to pick their spots, it wouldn't bother Goku any and they would know enough to know who works best where. Piccolo infield, for example, or Buu in the outfield. If anything their only problem is getting Buu to understand the concepts of Baseball since he didn't even pass the entrance exam for the Universe 6/7 Tourney, while Goku did.

As for the players themselves, I doubt Wonder Woman is breaking into the Speed Force for a baseball game. That's also not to discount the speed of the Z-Fighters, who have been considered by most to be FTL at least by the beginning of Z and have only gotten faster since.

I'd argue Batman, Wonder Woman, Black Canary, and the Lanterns aren't going to have much luck keeping up with the Z-Fighters themselves.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Wolfrazer

@scouterv:

In the current DBS episode with baseball, Yamcha is the one in charge lol, everyone else doesn't know how to play baseball at all.

In fact Yamcha got some crazy durability in this episode, he ran to home plate while Beerus and Champa were fighting and destroying everything around them, he was KO'd at the end of it all, but the fact he made it to home plate while everything was getting destroyed around him is impressive.

Puar also struck him in the back of the head with a 100 ton hammer and the best he got was a bruise on his head.

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Wolfrazer

@royal_warrior: Eh I don't think he died, could have but /shrug, guess we'll have to wait till next episode to see if he's alive. Regardless that's either impressive dodging or durability, maybe a mix.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@royal_warrior: Eh I don't think he died, could have but /shrug, guess we'll have to wait till next episode to see if he's alive. Regardless that's either impressive dodging or durability, maybe a mix.

Yamcha becomes a Super-Human God (Of Baseball) confirmed.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Wolfrazer

@scouterv: I could dig that lol. He brings a baseball and a bat to a fight!

That actually would be interesting ha.

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol this

but yamcha will die in the end

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: Well, he was pretty skilled with a sword back in the day, and we know how he does with guns, nunchucks, and baseballs/bats.

I say go for it!

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: I wouldn't mind seeing more weapon usage, I always found that interesting with Trunks and the use of his sword in combination with his fighting.

houseshm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:
@spitfirepanda said:

Pretty sure Goku can understand basic concepts like:

"Whey the ball comes to you, hit it with this bat as hard as you can."

"When the ball comes to you, and you're wearing this glove, catch it." (Optional: "And throw it to the person standing at Home Plate."

Baseball is not a very complex game at it's core.

And it all really comes down to the League we're playing with. Assuming no subs, we need 9 players per team.

Justice LeagueZ-Fighters
SupermanGoku
BatmanVegeta
Wonder WomanPiccolo
AquamanGohan
CyborgTien
Green Lantern (Baz)Krillin
Green Lantern (Cruz)Android 18
The FlashMajin Buu
Black CanaryYamcha

I honestly see this game breaking down into Super Ball at one point or another, but up until then, Canary and Batman are non-factors. Afterwards, they really become non-factors.

Essentially playing two people down, Z-Fighters take the advantage--especially considering Yamcha played pro ball with ease.

This really is down to The Flash though. Assuming how I listed them is batting order, the biggest issue is striking out The Flash. If they can strike him out, the rest shouldn't be terribly difficult. Otherwise, Barry wreaks havoc all night and basically solos. Let alone trying to get a ball past him in the outfield.

I'll give it to The League. Barry Allen wins the MVP award.

interesting analysis but can barry survive something like the pitch goku threw at champa?

Honestly if goku can get champa out who imo is way above the league in terms of stats I think he can pretty much get the whole league out

Loading Video...

Same with batting

Loading Video...

also does flash have baseball feats, it would be interesting to see?

EdBeatle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hardly believe Z fighters could properly play baseball, even with Yamcha there is a missmatch

houseshm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By houseshm

@edbeatle said:

I hardly believe Z fighters could properly play baseball, even with Yamcha there is a missmatch

That is hardly true since z fighters have played baseball just recently and justice league dont really have baseball feats

also superman has had his moments in baseball so yamcha would actually be a star pitcher here to get them all out

No Caption Provided

Ryokuma100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say the Justice League would win but only because of Flash imo.

Yeah, not many of the Z-Fighters knew what to do, but they learned pretty quick and they played a somewhat decent game...

Flash would clear the bases easily.

If he wasn't there, I don't see the problem of Goku using Instant Transmission to hop onto bases (unless that's against the rules).

I could be more elaborate, but it would turn into throwing speed, which would lead to combat speed, which would lead to a Superman vs Goku thread.

I'm pretty glad that this thread is peaceful tho, good job on us

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DeathHero61

@houseshm said:
@stormdriven said:

Not allowed since that would destroy the field and is against the rules and would get the justice league disqualified so z fighters win by default

also MFTL speeds are very easy to react to for z fighters at this point especially Goku and Vegeta so pretty sure they can handle speeds alot faster than millions of times speed of light.

Speed force baby

millions? Stop.

majin77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ahem Superman beats Goku

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Came in here expecting a joke thread, no discussion, and memes, I leave disappointed.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Using Scouter V's roster for the Justice League this is kind of a tough one. Flash would obviously be the MVP here, but the Justice League also has Batman, Black Canary, and Cyborg, none of whom come close to the physicals needed to compete. That will be a massive disadvantage to the team.

Also, I feel Batman should be the Justice League's captain and Yamcha the Z Fighters' captain. The two of them are better fit than Superman or Goku in that roll.

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers