Jgames Random Halloween Movies Review

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Jgames

Okay so not really random, more like my favorite Halloween themed movies I have seen this month ( Also I edit this since I was originally going to put four movie and a ova, but whatever)

Puella Magica Madoka Rebellion Movie 3:So while I did like the anime, one of the weak point for me is that aside from Homura, the other character felt like puzzle pieces which are meant to contribute to the story, but never really connect in my opinion. Only character I really like was Homura and the reveal of her character past was easily the best episode. She was not a tragedy character, she was a character who have the ability to fight on. So I was happy that the movie focus on her. The movie take place in an alternate reality where Madoka is alive and no witches exist, but there seem to be more going on as Homura investigate.

The best comparison to the main difference this movie brings versus the anime aside the fact that it is centered around Homura, is that it embraced the magical girl side. Is like with Watchemen the book versus the movie, where the book just show the negative of superhero, while the movie did embraced that side a bit. Honestly I really like that about the movie, it manage to make fun of the transformation while also making them look wonderful and stylish. Which one of the main appeal of the movie is the stylish animation with great visual and unsettling atmosphere. The sound track also made the movie just a wonderful experience with excellent action and built up the mystery. The movie challenge delusion, grievance, and obsession with one of the most awesome dark twist ending. The twist ending might divide some people, but honestly I love it and the commentary on dark nature of love. I love the the character development of Homura in this movie, showing the past, present and the final stage of her character, which parallel Madoka. This was just a thrilling ride that it sucks that the DVD are expensive because of aniplex. That being said the movie can be seen in Netflix in dub or sub (with the dub being surprisingly good). If there is one complaint is that the movie does drag a bit in the end with the twist, but to be fair that because they want to make a sequel which is already announced. Otherwise is an entertaining experience visually, with an excellent score, story and most importantly, characters.

Overall this was a majestic movie to watch, and possible my new favorite anime movie, this gets an A+

EraserHead: This movie is weird, and considering the movie before that was Magical Madoka, that is a positive. This is a black and white movie following Henry Spence in a really suspenseful and creepy atmosphere with the first ten minute having no dialogue. The unsettling mood of something is wrong is felt through out the movie, with a wife that gave to a birth defect baby, a weird family with weird and lsd inducing illusion/dream or whatever they are. Nothing about this movie felt right, there was always an awareness of something wrong, with the character puzzled face reflecting the audience. Like Heny cutting a small cooked chicken and then blood start spouting out. One of the more interesting and disturbing this is the birth defect baby that honestly look like an alien monster, or an oversized feetus with a even more disturbing twist. The poor creature will make most people feel sorry for it. The movie is open to many interpretation with no clear answer. There are confusing scene that obviously mean something, but are so bizarre and yet intriguing that is hard to determine. Is just a spectacle of creepy uncertainty, that will leave people both shock and mystified. If that sound like your sort of thing then go ahead an watch it, it is available in Hulu.

This bizarre and disturbing movie managed to conveyed the tone well , and always made me interesting of what is going on. This gets an A-

Coraline:Coraline is a stop motion movie following Coraline adventure to a new house where his parents are busy and not giving her attention and then she finds a door to a other dimension full of wonder and perfect version of her parents, until that world turn to a nightmare. While the story itself is generic, is the same old person move to a new place and stuff happen, is actually a really good movie. The movie have a good grasp of tone, making scene genuinely feel creepy, with great idea and designs. While the movie animation is not as great as The nightmare before Christmas, it is still for the most part great. Some of the design and visual both capture imagination and horror. The main character Coraline does a great job acting like a normal girl, which makes her situation feel more dangerous and intense. It managed to capture the concept of not appreciating what you have, while not shoving it in your face like other movies. Also has some really good laugh with one particular scene that does make this movie deserved it's PG scene unlike other PG movie (cough Frozen, and most Pixar films). The world is interesting and the character feel like actual characters. Is just an excellent stop motion film overall. Some thing to note is I fell asleep twice watching this movie, which is not the movie fault per say as both time I was tired, but the reason is because some of the more quiet scene, which is honestly great a in a animated kid movie, it does not depend on stuff happening always and instead try to create tension and mood, before the big stuff happens. While I don't know of any streaming site you can watch this, you can get the dvd pretty cheap or just rent the movie online.

This film both capture imagination, whimsy and horror for kids and adult to enjoy. This movie gets an A-

Tell me some other Halloween themed or related movie I should watch. I was going to do five, but this honestly took more time then I though to make. Also Happy October, unless you from the future, which in that case come back here in a year, or not I don't care. (Also might edit my grammar later, help and feedback is appreciated :-) )

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Jgames

Meh edited in trailer instead of picture since that is better and no uneven picture to the others, (also there an english dub trailer of Madoka, but it has some small spoilers like most dub trailer, that is why I choose the sub trailer with lower quality)

kurt_saulenne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By kurt_saulenne

Eh. Hard to find good slasher movies so when you come across a decent one, younwant to spread the word.

Netflix has 3 pretty good horror slashers that I thought were worthy of mentioning.

- Evidence (A Slasher Who Did It Film)

- The Den (Same)

- Honeymoon (not really a slasher but good acting and nice suspense)

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh. Hard to find good slasher movies so when you come across a decent one, younwant to spread the word.

Netflix has 3 pretty good horror slashers that I thought were worthy of mentioning.

- Evidence (A Slasher Who Did It Film)

- The Den (Same)

- Honeymoon (not really a slasher but good acting and nice suspense)

Will give at least one of them a try thanks.

kurt_saulenne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jgames
Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kurt_saulenne: Just saw evidence, and it was surprisingly good for the most part. I mean it has some problem, but overall a solid movie, now a couple more other movie to go.

kurt_saulenne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgames: Yea I thought it was pretty solid. Especially since decent slasher films are so hard to come by