Jgames Halloween Review 3 (Batman Sucks)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Jgames

Hello this is the third in the series of Halloween movie review. Here are the link to my past two reviews Review 1Review 2

So let get started with Batman, a dark creature of the night, is only appropriate that he has some movie that could be consider Halloween, and I am going to review Justice League God and Monster

The Batman vs Dracula: OH GOD DAMN IT. What is this doing here, I wanted to review the alternate version of the Justice League where Batman is a vampire god damn it. Okay to be honest, I am only reviewing this since in Hulk Where the Monster Dwell review I said I rather watch The Batman vs Dracula, I was wrong. There plenty of better Batman animated movie then this, but let get to it. The Batman vs Dracula is a versus movie which is actually very common in Horror movies to the old monster movie Dracula vs Frankenstein, to Freddy vs Jason.

This movie has the same flaw as the show, so don't expect to like it that much if you hated the show. Bruce Wayne still feel more like a playboy inside and outside, and being more of a scientist engineer than a detective. The movie play out as your average vampire movie, with the fake name Dracula, the tomb, mind control, looking for a bride, etc. Honestly is fun seeing Batman fighting Dracula, and Vampire Joker was actually creepy. The most surprising thing was how fun penguin was in the movie as Dracula servant. As a versus movie is okay, the fight is decent, and it does seem like a huge obstacle to overcome for the Batman. There nothing really spectacular about the movie as it does feel limited,as if it could not go full out with this concept, but as a Halloween movie for kids is fine. Honestly I did enjoy Hulk where the Monster Dwell better, as the villain was actually good unlike Dracula who is basically your every Dracula, which is not bad, but not memorable. I will said that Batman killing Dracula was pretty awesome, and the vampire concept was done decently. Too bad you don't really cared about Bruce love interest which felt shove in the movie.

That being said if you looking for a stupid fun versus monster movie with Batman, it might be worth a watch in Halloween:C (Available digitally)

Hush: A home invasion movie involving a guy who is tormenting mute, deaf lady at her own home, as she try to defend her self. This a great movie, mostly because you are actually rooting for the character. In most horror movie, the main problem are usually the fact that you don't care about the main character, but in this movie I was just rooting for her the entire way as she struggled to survive and outsmart her killer. The killer was great also, delivering intense moment, and was great at being sadistic. I love the fact that the movie managed to get so much out of concept considering the movie only take place at the lady house, and the amount of intense moment that take place is surprising with many shocking scene that tricks the audience. Is just a great thriller movie.

This home invasion movie gets a B+ (Available in Netflix)

House (1977): WTF. No seriously WTF is this movie XD. Is it a horror movie, then why did it had so many stupid scene that made me laugh. Like what is this movie, I mean I been seeing some LSD induce movie, but this was just too much for my brain to comprehend. I don't think I can even review this movie.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? (Available in Hulu)

Okay so let me try to review this movie. The movie is about a character name Gorgeous wanting to go to her Aunt house with her friend which happen to be haunted. Honestly the first twenty something minute play as Japanese drama show, and is honestly uninteresting as the time used did not made me care about any of the characters, and made me want them to all die. Also all they have nickname matching their quirk. For example Kung Fu who knows Kung Fu. This movie eventually turn to random Japanese commercial with weird things happening like a killer piano, sea of blood, floating head, and a pair of leg destroying a evil painting. The movie is fill with assortment of special effect to blue screen, cut out animation, to the various special effect most people play with their camera, with obnoxious editing. I will said this much, the movie is at least ambitious for the time, but they have not age well. To be honest the movie could definitely work as a comedy horror, as the only character I did end up liking was Kung Fu, because how ridiculous she was and her reaction to the supernatural. She even did a backflip and her skirt remove from it, like what the hell Japan XD. No seriously what the hell Japan, what is this movie. Honestly only reason I would recommend this movie is if you want to see what would happens if that weird Japanese commercial was a movie, being both cute, creepy and weird.

Strike Witches TheMovie: It has witches in the titled, and funimation released the dvd in October, and I need something normal to review, so SHUT UP. If you are a fan of the Strike Witches series you will love this movie with Yoshika being both a badass and a caring person despite not wearing pants and looking like a thirteen year old. The movie takes place after the Second season, and without her power Yoshika is training to become a doctor and is invited to go to a top school, while a resurgence of Neroid have been spreading out of nowhere. This movie is really fun surprisingly with the character you love coming back, and following Yoshika dealing with the loss of her power and still giving it her all, and you can't help but cheer her on. Also the action as always are amazing. The action is basically your japanese shoot em up come to animated form with all the chaos and fun. They have master the aerial combat to the point where panty shot does not ruin the fight, now that what I call eating your cake and having it to, or being a perv while watching some great aerial combat. Yeah this is a fan service anime of underage girl, I mean for the most part only fan are going to see this movie, and honestly I just wanted an excuse to talk about this movie. The flaw in this movie however is the same flaw in the show, never taking advantage of a possible smart concept and focus more on plot device, which is nothing new to fans, but still irritating.

This fun movie gets a B- (Available in DVD/Blu-ray and digitally)

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also forgot, give any recommendation on any good Halloween movie for my last review on Halloween. Also nothing that destroy my brain like House (1977)

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Halloween is my favorite horror film

Review Honeymoon on Netflix.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morleericks: considering that I got reccomended Honeymoon twice, I probably will.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@jgames: yes the last recommendation was probably me

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also god damn it, my click bait title of batman suck did not work lol. Well whatever they are at least fun to write.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0