Jgames Halloween Review 2

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Jgames

Hey making a other one of this bc why not. I mean I can do my Homework, but nah. Also a link to my first review

So this will actually be a bit more random Halloween compare to my first review which was just my favorite so far, so lets go.

Hulk where monstersdwell:So who excited for a marvel animated movie......Okay me neither, let just watch The Batman Vs Dracula.......Fine I review this new Marvel animated movie which is available digitally. First of all is more of a Dr.Strange movie with the Hulk, so let get that out of the way. So the plot revolve around Dr.Strange, Hulk and Shield Paranormal containment unit trying to stop Nightmare evil scheme of controlling everybody and turning them into monster on Halloween night. Honestly the movie is not that bad. Is enjoyable fun, with great design and some good concept like the fact that Hulk is afraid of his Human self, a concept I have not really seen on screen. Is usually the other way around, so it was refreshing to see that concept, even though they don't take full advantage because this is a marvel animated movie of course. It does feel like a Halloween movie, as it does take place in Halloween and the monster design are great, including the SPCU team with Man thing being my favorite. There was so much fun to be enjoy with the movie of just them trying to stop the monster and Hulk facing Bruce Banner. Nightmare was just a great villain, being able to be a bit creepy at time and enjoyable. Every time Nightmare appear on screen he stole the show aside from the ending. The rest of the cast were great also with fun interaction, especially the SPCU. That being said the kids character in the movie can be annoying, and is a marvel animated movie, it has some lame joke in it, and does not take full advantage of some of the concept. That being said if you looking for a fun Halloween marvel movie, is worth a watch.

This fun, but stupid Marvel movie gets a B- (Available digitally)

Little witch Academia/Little Witch Academia the Enchanted Parade:Okay so I am reviewing both ova since combined they are around One hour and thirty minutes. Technically they are ova, but whatever, let get on to the review. This is anime was just a bunch of fun to watch. One of the main problem I had with the Harry Potter series myself was the fact that it never felt like a kid movie, you never got that fantastic element of whimsy in my opinion. This anime capture the magical and fantasy element of a kid, in this compact ova fill with excitement. The story follow Akko and her two friend, who are basically somewhat misfit, going to a school for witches, where dragons and ancient titans are waiting for them in this fantastic adventure, The character for the most part do feel like kids, and is fun to seem them just interacting in this unique world. In the first ova, is basically an introduction to the character, but not by exposition, but simply showing one flash back in the beginning, and just let the character introduction happen with them interacting with each other, and let the audience have a grasp on who they are, as they go to the dungeon where a bunch of mishap happen, and the animation just take the audience to fun fill journey with a great score to accompanied it. This is a Halloween classic already for me with the world actually feeling magically through the wonderful cartoon like animation at times, that makes it feel fast paced. In the second one Akko and her friend need to make a parade versus years of harassment on witches, where Akko is determined to break the stereotype of witches. The second ova manage to be more focus on their friendship, and still have the same energy as the first movie making it just as enjoyable. If there is one flaw I have is the fact that is not longer, and is not a movie, as I would have gladly see a two hour movie of Little Witch Academia.

This fantastic kid wonders gets an A(Available in Netflix in Dub/Subwith both being good or super expensive DVD)

Evidence: A found footage horror mystery movie which WAIT! No ghost so don't worry is not a movie just about furniture moving for 3/4 of the movie. Is about a homicide scene with a bunch of camera recovered and being used to solve it. There two part of the movie, the found footage scene, and the detective part where they try to solve the mystery. The found footage part of the movie is what it does best, as it is easy to get suck into it and feel the horror as it does feel real. The suspense and mystery kept me engaged in the movie. All the detective part of the movie, felt disconnected, as honestly they seem to failed to notice simple things, granted that might be on purpose to redirect the twist. This movie does a solid job at showing the fact that there is more to what we see, with a fantastic twist that will leave many speechless. That being said, the slasher part of the film is a bit far fetch with some scene, and honestly some of it seem ridiculous once you think about. Also the acting at time can be subpar. That being said the found footage horror and mystery was fantastic. It felt like you were with them, and with every found footage scene, I was constantly trying to find out who the murder was while also wondering if this will be the scene where they died.

This found footage mystery horror film gets a B (Available on Netflix, or just buy dvd, or rental IDK)

Give any recommendation on any Halloween movie :-) Also thank you to @kurt_saulenne for recommending me Evidence, but screw you for recommending me The Den which was just an okay film, I mean it was not bad and to be fair it was short.........

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump bc IDK.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@jgames:

If you know anything about the Deep Web and the stigma and stories, whether true or false, it was a pretty decent film.

Go on youtube and look up scary deep web story. That film is pretty much an 87 minute version of that

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morleericks: oh wait misread your reply. I mean yeah the aspect of the dark side of the web was cool, but the horror slasher part seem inconsistent. Also the character were not really likable or relatable, and the police seem incompetent at time, not a bad film, but the Den was not amazing either.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@jgames: yea true. When I watch slasher films, I tend to put my belief in authority figures acting how they should on hold.

Dont actually go to the Deep Web... I have heard horrible things

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last random Bump.