it ain't amazing yet it will be superior.

Hiddensix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Hiddensix

So what do u think of Amazing Spider-man 700 ending ? Positive or Negative ? Good or Bad ? Angry or - you got the point . So how'd it go ?

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

Horrible story. Distasteful ending. Even more distasteful rumors of things to come (Ock basically raping MJ... seriously Marvel, how/why do you greenlight this crap?). Extremely disrespectful to both the character of Peter Parker and his long time fans. Cancelling all Marvel subscriptions because of it.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@Moonchilde said:

(Ock basically raping MJ... seriously Marvel, how/why do you greenlight this crap?).

Hey, Osborn got Gwen. I guess they want to be fair to all of Spidey's rogues, now.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By joshmightbe

@Moonchilde: Between this and turning Cap into a total dick I might be done with Marvel for good

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@joshmightbe said:

@Moonchilde: Between this and turning Cap into a total dick I might be done with Marvel for good

Giving Steve the Cyclops treatment?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By joshmightbe

@JediXMan: I had almost come to terms with the Cyclops thing then they tossed the near fascist behavior of Cap during and post AVX and then this. I have been one of the people who defended Marvel hoping they'd work out what ever idiocy they're going through but they haven't and it keeps getting worse.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@joshmightbe said:

@JediXMan: I had almost come to terms with the Cyclops thing then they tossed the near fascist behavior of Cap during and post AVX and then this. I have been one of the people who defended Marvel hoping they'd work out what ever idiocy they're going through but they haven't and it keeps getting worse.

Hm. Prior to AvX, I was thinking about getting back into Marvel.

For that matter, I've been meaning to get back into comics again. But I just can't seem to find the time. I've just been going through trades from the library.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By joshmightbe

@JediXMan: I'm on the verge of giving up on comics all together unless something worth reading starts coming out

Chronus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Chronus

@joshmightbe said:

@JediXMan: I'm on the verge of giving up on comics all together unless something worth reading starts coming out

Valiant's new rebooted series are worth a read if you haven't already checked them out.

Chronus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Chronus

@Hiddensix said:

So what do u think of Amazing Spider-man 700 ending ? Positive or Negative ? Good or Bad ? Angry or - you got the point . So how'd it go ?

I hated that terrible ending. I was expecting Kaine to be the new superior Spider-Man; I would have loved that change in character. The only part about the ending that I liked was the new advanced suit.

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

@joshmightbe said:

Agreed. Cap will be easier to change back though, in fact they could just ignore the fact that Cap was a dick in AvX and most people will just chaulk that story up to being bad characterization (which it was). This is a much bigger problem. Marvel will have to do something very creative to get out of this crap.

With the Spider Clone Saga, they basically had to resurrect Green Goblin to fix it. That of course wont work this time. The best I can come up with so far for this one is have the whole thing be an illusion performed by Mysterio.

@joshmightbe said:

Same. Marvel has been making a lot of mistakes recently, but they still had enough good going on that I was still willing to defend them, and had faith that their bigger faux pas would eventually be fixed. Inferior Spider-Man (refuse to call him "superior") takes things a step to far. I'm now done with Marvel, for everything except for movies. I may return if the inevitable change back is satisfactory, but like I said, it would have to be a pretty remarkable story to undo this crap.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By joshmightbe

@Moonchilde: At this point I would be totally fine with a day one reboot of the 616 if they could find some writers with actual respect for the characters to do it

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

@joshmightbe: I agree. Maybe "Age of Ultron" will turn out to be Marvel's "Crisis of Infinite Earth's". If done as well as DC's classic was, I would totally be fine with it. Just don't let Slott or Loeb near anything after that.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By joshmightbe

@Moonchilde: I think they need to fire the whole editorial staff and hire competent people that would help a lot

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

@joshmightbe: They can keep Brubaker. He's about the only current Marvel writer that's consistently good, yea, get rid of everyone else. Especially Quesada, Loeb and Slott.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JonSmith

@Moonchilde said:

With the Spider Clone Saga, they basically had to resurrect Green Goblin to fix it. That of course wont work this time. The best I can come up with so far for this one is have the whole thing be an illusion performed by Mysterio.

How about Ock hired that Hypnotist from the Circus, whatever his name is, (or someone with mind control abilities with sufficient abilities to the task) to mind control Spidey into believing that in Ock's last moments, he took over his mind, so Spidey only BELIEVES he's Ock? Ock's revenge on Spidey is Spidey ruining his own reputation. And given Ock's dying, not like he's going to suffer at Ock's hand. When Pete visited Ock in his cell, the Hypnotist was there waiting, having hypnotized the other personnel nearby so as not to notice him. The whole final scene of Pete in Ock's body vs Ock in Pete's body was merely staged. Ock acted it out, Pete's hypnosis triggered, and replaced the memories of what was said and mentally done so he himself experienced it on Pete's end, before switching over to Ock in Pete's body.

Ock never really transferred minds, it's all been hypnosis. This would mean Pete's spent (however long this is) basically in a black out, unable to control his actions. But knowing Spidey, he'd blame himself for it all the same. Though it would probably just end in him wallowing in self pity, getting a pep talk from his friends, before returning to superheroing, as usual, it COULD be very interesting to see how it effects his character. Getting mind controlled and forced to hurt everyone around you could be quite damaging to Pete, and make him become more distrustful. Perhaps retreat further into his science and hero stuff for a while.

Not to mention, this would make all tech and strength feats Pete performs under hypnosis his own, along with giving him access to Ock's stuff in the future, since in order to sell it, Ock gave Pete a download of his own memories. Again, not like Ock has anything to lose.

So how does all this get revealed? The hypnotist gets greedy. Having already hypnotized Spidey, he goes after him to hypnotize him into a team up. Spidey-Ock catches on, pulverizes him, in a panic, the hypnotist removes the hypnosis, Spidey wakes up. Spidey forces Hypnotist to explain, yadda yadda yadda.

Or perhaps Spidey wakes up of his own accord, and has no idea what's happened. The Avengers have to search through their database for who could have done it, and interrogate each one by one until they find the culprit.

... Probably a lot of plotholes here.

Avatar image for death_certificate
Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Moonchilde said:

Horrible story. Distasteful ending. Even more distasteful rumors of things to come (Ock basically raping MJ... seriously Marvel, how/why do you greenlight this crap?). Extremely disrespectful to both the character of Peter Parker and his long time fans. Cancelling all Marvel subscriptions because of it.

Clone saga

Gwen Stacey twins

One more day

Ultimatuim

Marvel has greenlighted a lot of s*** for spider-man since the 90's

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By fodigg

I have positive feelings on it. It's a new direction for the character(s) and it was earned through good storytelling. Going forward, of course there should be relationship tension in that Otto Parker is pursuing her under false pretenses, but I'm hopeful they either won't go that far with it or they'll approach the ramifications of that head on rather than shrug them off. As for after that, well, they have the easiest way out of this status quo ever. Peter is either still kicking around in the back of his own brain or he's inside the semi-sentient robot arms/octobots. I don't see this storyline as any more disrespectful to the character of Spider-Man than Kraven's Last Hunt was, for example.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By InnerVenom123

I like it. A lot.

Besides, there are like, half a dozen seeds planted in the story for a back door.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@Death Certificate said:

@Moonchilde said:

Clone saga

Gwen Stacey twins

One more day

Ultimatuim

Marvel has greenlighted a lot of s*** for spider-man since the 90's

add Reign to that list

Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DarkKnightDetective: Reign isn't canon

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_
Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DarkKnightDetective: radioactive semen still make me lol.

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By tomlikesfries

I enjoyed ASM #700, although I think The Superior Spider-Man is gonna suck. C'mon, Peter is the one and only Spidey, not the damn Doc Ock.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

#25  Edited By TDK_1997

The end wasn't anything that I liked in particular but I have high hopes for Superior Spider-Man.

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26  Edited By Superguy0009e

@InnerVenom123 said:

I like it. A lot.

Besides, there are like, half a dozen seeds planted in the story for a back door.

Avatar image for mysterioususername
MysteriousUsername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

I didn't really like it all that much. The ending felt forced and honestly I wish they had gone with a less dramatic change. Maybe have Peter go on vacation after getting his body back to explain why there's a new Spider-Man running around.