Is Thanos actually worth of being in middle of this list or is it just Jim Starlin overpowering his greatest creation

LJ_RKT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By dernman

No. I'm going to be honest I'm a fan but his earlier work was better than the crap that has been written recently. This is bad wank pure and simple.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

@dernman: He said eventually and was talking to his past self. Either he will get another upgrade or he was talking about some amps or about some items he gained. Anyway, do you know what issue this is?

LJ_RKT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I like Thanos best so...yes. Its fine

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean is Thanos is a major cosmic power being the Avatar of Death and with his amassed personal power and influence in his entire character run? Yes.

Does he deserve to be considered amongst the same abstract or powerful beings as the LT, Skyfathers, etc? No, and I say that as a Thanos fan.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Spambot

Its basically wank. Starlin has the whole schtick with Thanos and Warlock that each time they come back they are more powerful but in the 4 decades since Thanos first debuted his power level hasn't really gone up that much. He's basically gone from teambuster to teambuster++. So at this rate it would be be like thousands of years before he would be above someone like Galactus and even then he needs to keep dying in order to come back stronger. So ya, even as a pretty big fan of Starlin I am calling this just creator wank. Also, the Thanos speaking there is only guessing when he makes that statement. Its not really based on anything else since he already said that their vision of the future had been blocked.

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lj_rkt: Well this is supposed to be an unspecified future so we don't know if its justified yet

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Well, he doesn't say Thanos is this powerful, but just that Thanos believes himself to reach that position one day.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:

Its basically wank. Starlin has the whole schtick with Thanos and Warlock that each time they come back they are more powerful but in the 4 decades since Thanos first debuted his power level hasn't really gone up that much. He's basically gone from teambuster to teambuster++. So at this rate it would be be like thousands of years before he would be above someone like Galactus and even then he needs to keep dying in order to come back stronger. So ya, even as a pretty big fan of Starlin I am calling this just creator wank. Also, the Thanos speaking there is only guessing when he makes that statement. Its not really based on anything else since he already said that their vision of the future had been blocked.

This. Although I attribute Thanos not going up higher in power to writers forgetting it or just writing him at lower levels.

Thanos imo, again imo should be around Odin level, more so than that encounter he had before. But again, he still lacks Odin's massive versatility with the OF.

Avatar image for emperorxhadesx420
EmperorxHadesx420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone minds naming the people in that pic??

Who is next to Eternity...

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Spambot

@emperorxhadesx420: From top left to right: LT, Eternity, Infinity(death and oblivion are notably absent), Mistress Love, Master Order, Lord Chaos, Master Hate, big G, Celestial who I don't recognize, In Betweener, Odin, Zeus, the Stranger

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: He said eventually and was talking to his past self. Either he will get another upgrade or he was talking about some amps or about some items he gained. Anyway, do you know what issue this is?

I know who he was talking to when I said what I said. I can't remember what issue it was awhile ago when I read it.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By KrleAvenger

@dernman: I never said you do not know. I was pointing that out because Thanos was probably thinking about something else. Like gaining another upgrade or whatever.

And I don't see a problem with Thanos being on this list. He put Odin and Galactus at same tier. If he put them on the same level, he can do so for Thanos and Odin even tho they are not, jsut like Galactus and Odin are not on the same level.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By dernman

@krleavenger said:

@dernman: I never said you do not know. I was pointing that out because Thanos was probably thinking about something else. Like gaining another upgrade or whatever.

And I don't see a problem with Thanos being on this list. He put Odin and Galactus at same tier. If he put them on the same level, he can do so for Thanos and Odin even tho they are not, jsut like Galactus and Odin are not on the same level.

That doesn't help the case. That just makes it worse and the problem bigger.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: I know. It is stupid move for good and knowledgeable writer like Starlin. It was either him doing something stupid or Marvel wanted it to be that way.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: I know. It is stupid move for good and knowledgeable writer like Starlin. It was either him doing something stupid or Marvel wanted it to be that way.

Gotta build up that Infinity War hype :P

I mean hes already getting an ongoing was somehow involved in CW2.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Wait, by middle of "this grouping" does he mean lower than Eternity/Infinity but above Chaos/Order or does he mean in the middle of the Skyfather/Galactus/Stranger grouping? If it's the latter, I don't see a problem but if it's the former, Starlin is worse than Giffen was with Lobo. And I can say that as I'm 1/15th of a Lobo fan.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@nerevarine_11: Back before he hated the character he had him beating up the JLI, trashing Hell and parts of Heaven, slaughtering DC versions of Santa, DC Odin and other gods, beating up most of the Authority, crumpling up a city and eating it, destroying half a planet as collateral damage from a single punch, using guns that destroyed a fleet of spaceships...

Then one day he decided he hated his own creation and had him lose to Zatanna.

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#27 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

As much as I love Thanos and Starlin, it's either a future story or "wank." As badass as Thanos is, he shouldn't have manhandled BRB and Ronan the way he did. Same with Warlock with Quasar and Surfer. He's playing heavy favorites these days.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tifalockhart: ohhhh that. LOL. I always took that as non canon ToonForce stuff

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jloneblackheart: But Thanos is a bonafide team buster...he's slapped around Thor who BRB basically equates to and Ronan...? Lol Ronan is fodder. He's beat Surfer and Warlock but I'll give you Quasar.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

#30 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@nerevarine_11: Slapping around Thor and completely humiliating Bill in a few panels is completely different. Ronan isn't fodder, he just isn't popular. For Thanos to just snap the universal weapon in half like that is insulting.

I'm not sure what you mean in your last sentence, but Warlock shouldn't be able to one shot Surfer or Quasar. And neither should Thanos.

LJ_RKT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerevarine_11: Slapping around Thor and completely humiliating Bill in a few panels is completely different. Ronan isn't fodder, he just isn't popular. For Thanos to just snap the universal weapon in half like that is insulting.

I'm not sure what you mean in your last sentence, but Warlock shouldn't be able to one shot Surfer or Quasar. And neither should Thanos.

Agreed and Thanos transferring Gladiator that was totally unfair,idk why writers don't like ronan especially Starlin,Thanos broke Ronan's hammer without much effort which was unfair,Surfer has stood up against the cosmic giant Galactus and Adam Warlock one shot him.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Is it really based on cosmic power, or cosmic significance? It says power AND importance. I have no problem with Thanos ranking in the middle when it comes to the importance his role plays in the 616 universe.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course, he is thanos

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers