Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Poll Is Smallville worth it? (65 votes)

Definitely! It's the best show ever! 46%
Absolutely not! Worst show ever! Don't waste your time. 14%
Great show but not worth your time. 18%
I've never seen Smallville either. 22%

I am always hearing how amazing it is and how it was one of the best comic TV shows, and well... I have never seen any of it. So i was wondering is taking the time out of my day to watch this show worth it? Is it really that good?

Please let me know what you chose and describe why. No phantom votes!!!!!!

• 
deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#51  Edited By deathstroke19

@darkbeam: Lol alright. And yeah that should be cool. Doesn't Doctor Fate come on too?

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53 the_stegman  Moderator

@fallschirmjager said:

All that being said though, Eric Durance is BY FAR the best live-action Lois Lane to me. And. Its. Not. Close. She was freaking AMAZING. (unfortunately the Lana relationship drags on way too damn long.)

You are so right about that.

And I'm gonna come out and add that Michael Rosenbaum is by far the best live action Lex Luthor we've ever seen.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@silverpool said:

@fallschirmjager said:

All that being said though, Eric Durance is BY FAR the best live-action Lois Lane to me. And. Its. Not. Close. She was freaking AMAZING. (unfortunately the Lana relationship drags on way too damn long.)

And I'm gonna come out and add that Michael Rosenbaum is by far the best live action Lex Luthor we've ever seen.

Hmm. I don't disagree. Although I don't think he's necessarily clear above everyone else like Durance was for me personally.

And I don't think anyone has been a definitive Lex either also like Durance (imo)

Christoph Waltz should be Lex in the new movies :3

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman said:

@silverpool said:

@fallschirmjager said:

Hmm. I don't disagree. Although I don't think he's necessarily clear above everyone else like Durance was for me personally.

And I don't think anyone has been a definitive Lex either also like Durance (imo)

Christoph Waltz should be Lex in the new movies :3

Nah, he's the definitive Lex in my eyes, much better than Hackman and Spacey. He was a perfect blend of intelligence, cunning and malicious, I think he played Lex just as well as Erica played Lois.

Loading Video...

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: Eh, maybe. I pretty much hated the direction they took him though in Season 5-7ish. It was just way too cliche and annoying, if you know what I'm talking about.

Though, I may be placing blame on him instead of the other person.

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By darkbeam
deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

-

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman: Eh, maybe. I pretty much hated the direction they took him though in Season 5-7ish. It was just way too cliche and annoying, if you know what I'm talking about.

Though, I may be placing blame on him instead of the other person.

I know what you mean, the whole Lex/Lana relationship was ridiculous and cliche. And what they did with him and Zod wasn't much better either...still, the good outshines the bad imo.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 the_stegman  Moderator

@deathstroke19: dammit, sorry dude, forgot what the actual topic of the thread was...I should have put a spoiler over it. :(

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@the_stegman: Speaking of the latter character though,

Calum Blue was pretty solid as Zod imo

Though Michael Shannon killed it as far as I'm concerned

we should prolly stop though, else Deathstroke can't control himself and learn more spoilers :P

VoodooPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've seen every episode, but in a way I've never seen any of them.
Know what I mean?

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself:

I didn't see him as always evil... I saw him as a man trying to be better but succumbed to the way he was groomed his entire life

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Hyperlight

@deathstroke19:

I didn't want to see them fight either. I wanted them to be friends forever and be a force for good

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: Im not gonna lie... I have no self control when it comes to spoilers lol :D @hyperlight: Yeah it was just such a nice new outlook on lex and i liked it.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

If you can put aside the fact that its not gonna be quite the same Superman you know from comics its a really great show.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@voodoopenguin: Now I do lol.

Oh and thanks to all who posted here! I ended up watching the whole thing and loved almost all of it. I almost never cry or even get watery eyes in movies/tv shows but when Jonathan Kent died I actually cried.... The worst part of the show for me was Slade (of course). My second least favorite part was Darkseid and my third was Doomsday. Other then those three though I cant think of anything I really disliked about the show. Most of the actors were great and the cgi was fine considering the time the show came from and the type of show it was.

So thanks again for your help! It was a great (and sad) journey, and quite honestly.... I can't believe its over!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 the_stegman  Moderator
Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'm on season six, and it's kind of a guilty pleasure. It's very entertaining, but some of the episodes have terrible writing because Kryptonite is so overused. However, even when the writing is terrible, it's still enjoyable. Season four is pretty rancid, but I still like it. When the show doesn't abuse Kryptonite, it's actually really good. When it does abuse Kryptonite, though, it borders on "guilty pleasure" territory.

The first two seasons are a lot like Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The show does eventually find its own identity when the Superman mythos starts to trickle in, and that's when things start to get interesting. Erica Durance is a fantastic Lois Lane, and I like the way some of the classic Superman villains are handled--especially Lex Luthor. Lex Luthor is done really well in the show. The movies have yet to top the Lex Luthor on Smallville.

There are two big issues I take with the show: Lana Lang and Clark Kent. Kristin Kreuk does a serviceable job as Lana Lang, but Lana's character is AWFUL. She's a hypocritical, whiny victim. I got very sick of her and almost considered not finishing season three and going right ahead to season four for the introduction of Lois Lane. I finished up season three, but man, Lana sucks. As for Clark Kent, his character's not very strong, and Tom Welling's acting started off very poor. He did get better, but his character seems to have a hard time developing a strong personality.

So, is it worth it? It's hard to say. I personally enjoy it, but I have a hard time recommending it to others because it's almost a guilty pleasure. Give the first season a try, and if you enjoy it, try the rest out.

korghano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are you a fan of Superman?

Yes - Stay away from Smallville. It's so bad.
No - Stay away from Smallville. It's so bad.

I know 'cus I watched every episode. Stompy was the best thing to happen to the show.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@korghano: I thought it was good... @the_stegman: Yeah... I watched them a few times during dinner and a few episodes each night.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@ryagan: God dude. The Lana Lang shit drags on sooooooo long.

Its nearly makes the show unwatchable by season 4.

More or less nailed it though.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryagan: Wow. Nice breakdown. I agree with a lot of it but not all of it.

Vitality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Definitely, it's the best show ever"...Is a little pigeonholed...

Anyways, I definitely think it's worth it...but it's not the best show ever. It has it's flaws. Though I do think it's the best live action superhero show ever. The later seasons really have some badass episodes and storylines. Michael Rosenbaum as Lex Luther was amazing. Their take on the martian manhunter was great. I even liked Green Arrow (though I prefer the new Arrow version).

I loved it because I like Superman, and I grew up with the show. It started the same exact time I was starting highschool.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I would watch it if you have the time. Some parts are great, and they make up for the bad parts. It's just hard because it went on for so long.

Vitality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Vitality

@fallschirmjager said:

I definitely agree with the Lana thing.

It was soo sad that they had to add a plot device to "forcibly" remove her away from Clark instead of just having Clark get over her.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitality said:

@fallschirmjager said:

I definitely agree with the Lana thing.

It was soo sad that they had to add a plot device to "forcibly" remove her away from Clark instead of just having Clark get over her.

The sad part is, they only did that because the actress was leaving. They prolly woulda kept going despite that fact that Lois was infinitely better.

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By CF12793

@fallschirmjager: It isn't a very good show, and I've seen all the episodes. We wanted a cool show about the early adventures of Superman. Instead we got a bunch of angsty teenage dolts chasing around Freak of the Week villains. The show never did anything cool or interesting, and when it tried, it was a farcry from what it COULD have been. I really thought the last episode was great, particularly because the show was over for good.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I remember noticing it once in a while a few years back. Looked boring as sin. CW has done way better with Arrow.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember noticing it once in a while a few years back. Looked boring as sin. CW has done way better with Arrow.

Throwback to when the Smallville GA dude was originally going to be the star of the show and it was going to be a spin off……

JulieDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By JulieDC

I thought it was a good show and watched the first 3 seasons of it before I got tired of waiting for him to become Superman. Not to mention it always irked me when they introduced Superman's universe into Clark Kent's life long before he became Superman. However, I really love the last season of the show with my favorite episode being Homecoming.