Is Optimus >>>> Megatron in Bayformers?

Hubris_exe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hubris_exe

So I was at a friend's house and we went on a Bayformers marathon. Then, in Revenge of The Fallen, the fight scene in the forest got me thinking: if Grindor and Starscream hadn't interfered, could Optimus (with morals off) have kicked Megatron to the curb right then and there? In fact, if he wasn't trying to talk sense in to megatron in the first movie, could he have just blasted megatron's head off or something?

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

No cause if Sam hadn't interfered Optimus would be dead in the first one.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Optimus would pretty much stomp Megatron with ease. For unknown reasons, Optimus had a gigantic skill upgrade, and could easily defeat almost all the Decepticons in a one on one.

Hubris_exe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: @ultrastarkiller: so that's no in the first movie, and for stormdriven stomp any deception 1v1 in the second movie?

He would easily, yes. He took down the Fallen and Megatron in the last fight by himself, and they are greater than any of the other Decepticons. He did so in the third movie as well, with Sentinel Prime being the only Transformer in the whole series after the first movie to actually straight up beat him.

Hubris_exe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: well.. He was amped by Jetfire in the second movie... but that's still a lot of skill to beat the fallen and megatron at the same time...

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: well.. He was amped by Jetfire in the second movie... but that's still a lot of skill to beat the fallen and megatron at the same time...

We don't really know how much it amped him, other than giving him a couple nifty guns and the ability to fly. Most of it was skill, to end make the fight last a couple minutes.

Hubris_exe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: you're right, I was actually just about to comment that all jet fire's amp did was give him flight and some guns :P

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Optimus would pretty much stomp Megatron with ease. For unknown reasons, Optimus had a gigantic skill upgrade, and could easily defeat almost all the Decepticons in a one on one.

Actually, he didn't. I'd argue he was holding back and immensely distracted due to their surrounding in the first movie. The only time Megatron and Prime actually fought in the first movie, they were surrounded by civvies everywhere. Prime was getting seriously manhandled. But every other time they fought in the later movies, the setting of the battles were very much less populated with human life.

IE, the forest, Egypt, and in this most recent movie, the middle of a lonely highway.

The only time they fought again was in the third, and this was after the decepticons had basically began mass exterminating humans.

Idk, my two cents.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil: True, but he still could have eliminated the threat of Megatron so the fight wouldn't have been prolonged and endangered civilians further. Optimus was manhandled, and there wasn't much he could do about it.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By nickthedevil

@nickthedevil: True, but he still could have eliminated the threat of Megatron so the fight wouldn't have been prolonged and endangered civilians further. Optimus was manhandled, and there wasn't much he could do about it.

Eliminate him how without injuring people? I remember them being really close to people, within arm's reach of people. Specifically, a scene where megatron flicks a person and says, "disgusting meatbag", mid fight. I wouldn't doubt they actually stepped on people.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. The only time Megs was impressive was the first film, where he pretty much man-handled Prime. In Revenge, it took him plus Starscream and Blackout to kill Optimus and then he got worked over at the end of that film anyways. In Dark of the Moon, Sentinel chumped Megs and Optimus took his head off at the end of that movie. I haven't seen Extinction yet, but it doesn't even look like he's in the movie.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven said:

Eliminate him how without injuring people? I remember them being really close to people, within arm's reach of people. Specifically, a scene where megatron flicks a person and says, "disgusting meatbag", mid fight. I wouldn't doubt they actually stepped on people.

His skill in the next few movies was sufficient that it caused very little collateral damage in a one on one fight. He could have ended the fight very quickly and efficiently if he had that skill. He didn't, and it was noticeable in the fight.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil said:

@stormdriven said:

His skill in the next few movies was sufficient that it caused very little collateral damage in a one on one fight. He could have ended the fight very quickly and efficiently if he had that skill. He didn't, and it was noticeable in the fight.

LOL there was a crap ton of collateral.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prime need's plot to beat Megatron (TF1). And I would argue if he hadn't been disassembled Megatron could still manhandle him in the second movie. He was after all casually beating him in the first one.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Megatron was a bunch of scraps in the second and third film, thats why Optimus could easily beat him.

Also in the first film, Optimus has to protect Sam too, so Meg had the advantage.

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Optimus and Megatron are so inconsistent in those movies.

In the first movie, Optimus got his arse kicked six ways from sunday until the Air Force dropped 1 000 000 missiles on to tron.

Then in the second movie, Optimus takes on nearly every Decepticon single handidly until the numbers get to him, but still manages to take down Megatron in the in.

Then in the third movie, he beats both his trainer and Megatron, with one arm, at the same time.

So somewhere along the way, he got some huge skills upgrade.

But then you tell me in the fourth movie that an under equipped CIA Special Activities Division can have him run ragged for almost 2 years?

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Traditionally Optimus is stronger than Megatron.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really, Optimus and Megatron are usually equals in almost every transformers show.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog said:

@greatcaesarsghost said:

Not really, Optimus and Megatron are usually equals in almost every transformers show.

Loading Video...

G1 Optimus was almost always a little better, in the comics and the tv show. Here Optimus was about to kill him until outside interference and cowardly tactics on Megatron's part saved him.

Ultra_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course Optimus is superior

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@frogdog said:

@greatcaesarsghost said:

Loading Video...

G1 Optimus was almost always a little better, in the comics and the tv show. Here Optimus was about to kill him until outside interference and cowardly tactics on Megatron's part saved him.

Damnit Hot Rod!!!!!

ilikedonuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By ilikedonuts

In the first movie, Megatron got the upper hand in their fight. Not only cuz Optimus was tryin' ta talk sense inta Megatron, but also cuz Optimus was holdin' back so he didn't damage no humans, while Megatron could go all out cuz he doesn't care about humans, an' Megatron was also at full power in the first movie. If Optimus went all out in the first movie, I think Megatron an' Optimus would be pretty even, like they should be. In the second movie, Megatron had been rustin' under water for two years, which made him weaker, slower, more fragile, less powerful, even though he was a tank. This gave Optimus the upper hand, an' Optimus probably would'a won if it wasn't for Grindor an' Starscream helpin'. In the third movie, Megatron was a weak disappointment. Thanks to the beatin' Optimus, amped by Jetfire, gave to Megatron in the end of RotF, an' all the hits he took in the overall…well, desert battle (don't remember exactly what it was called) Megatron had gotten weak, slow an' fragile. So weak he even let Sentinel boss him around. Well, maybe he wasn't too weak, I mean he did later return an' smashed a lotta Sentinel's armor off, but Optimus finished Megatron with one arm.

So basically, in movie 1, both morals off:

-Tie.

In RotF, both morals off:

-Optimus >>> Megatron.

In DotM:

-Optimus >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Megatron.

I aint seen the fourth movie yet, but soon I will. Megatron's probably gonna be real tough, cuz in AoE Megatron's goin' Galvatron, an' Megatron's supposed to be even more powerful as Galvatron.

In G1 they were always equal (at full power an' morals off) though, both in the comics, cartoon an' G1 movie. Same in WFC/FoC/RotDS (both in the games an' the comics), Unicron trilogy (both of the three cartoons an' the comics), TF Prime (both cartoon, comics an' the movie), an' ye so on.

wenjun--chew_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's keep this simple:

2007 Movie: Optimus Prime was holding back due to many tiny sentient beings scurrying about, so he was nearly beaten by Megatron.

2009 Movie: Optimus Prime did not hold back due to lack of tiny sentient beings scurrying about, so he was capable of taking on 3 powerful Decepticons, including Megatron.

As for 2011 Movie, Megatron was injured so him getting killed by Optimus Prime wasn't that difficult, so we can't use this as example.

So yes, Optimus Prime beats Megatron because good guys always win.

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Yes but only if Optimus is blood lusted, and I think Megatron's prime was in the first movie.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's keep this simple:

2007 Movie: Optimus Prime was holding back due to many tiny sentient beings scurrying about, so he was nearly beaten by Megatron.

2009 Movie: Optimus Prime did not hold back due to lack of tiny sentient beings scurrying about, so he was capable of taking on 3 powerful Decepticons, including Megatron.

As for 2011 Movie, Megatron was injured so him getting killed by Optimus Prime wasn't that difficult, so we can't use this as example.

So yes, Optimus Prime beats Megatron because good guys always win.

OH MY GOD

Avatar image for deactivated-5988def3424a7
deactivated-5988def3424a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Optimus has long been established as being Megatron's equal, if not superior in skill and power.