Is MCU Captain America overpowered?

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Is MCU Captain America overpowered? (362 votes)

Yes 32%
No 67%

Have the Russos gone to far?

No Caption Provided

• 
Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NO! Cap is perfect! THE RUSSOS ARE PERFECT!

The russos not nly gave us the best Cbm, but also verified Thor's power level to be equivalent to a 30 megaton nuke. ALL HAIL THE RUSSOS!

HUH?

casper4690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, he's fine the way he is .

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

The russos not nly gave us the best Cbm, but also verified Thor's power level to be equivalent to a 30 megaton nuke. ALL HAIL THE RUSSOS!

How?

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, it's just getting Captain America closer to where he is in the comics

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 114

@asgardianbrony: Where? How did they made Thor's power level equal to 30 nukes? Did they said that themselfs or was it in Civil War movie (just answer the question,don't mention spoilers).

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony: I'm not sure if you're serious about the Thor thing, but that was clearly a very loose analogy to make a point. He wasn't even necessarily equating their power to that level, but saying that's how dangerous they are (which even then was likely a gross exaggeration). This makes sense given they are both much more versatile and sustainable than a nuke, rather than having anywhere near that level of raw power. It's really not a feat for either of them.

On topic though, no. I love how Cap's being portrayed. He might be a little OP, but now he can believably fight alongside guys like Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Vision, ect. The fight scenes are unbelievable as well. I like what the MCU is doing in amping up their street levelers and nerfing down their high tiers to create a more balanced team.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But isn't he only peak-human in the comics?

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@modernww2fare: No, he's at the peak of human evolution. He's at the tip top of what humans will become before we evolve into whatever our next taxonomic form will be. (I don't know how to properly say it) Maybe well be Homo sapiens Rogerus, or maybe we'll ALL be homo sapiens superior or whatever.

Point is he's beyond the current level of peak human.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e497e3f11e30
deactivated-5e497e3f11e30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, he is not overpowered.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestormfate1919: Thor fans have shown logical proof of thors destructive power, but the majority have shot them down, now we have proof!

I wouldn't call that proof. He also equated that to Hulk. Thor will get his feats when we see him again but that comment was just hyperbole.

Tayssti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Tayssti

No he's not.

It was a really smart move by Marvel Studios to amp him and the rest of the Super Soldier level characters after the first Avengers movie. His lack luster performance was clear and I think the general population kinda brushed him off. Now Cap is arguably the star of the MCU. The physical level he is on now allows for more interesting and entertaining movies IMO.

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony: You don't have proof of anything, you have an offhand quip made about Thor from a character that has absolutely no knowledge on the matter.

This is what people mean when they say, "Scraping the bottom of the barrel", lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nah

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

"Overpowered" is totally subjective. For my taste he's been great. Getting better every movie at a gradual but considerable pace. Enough to leave me in awe but leaving space for more next time.

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. He couldn't beat Ultron and needed Bucky's help to beat Iron Man, so he fits in with the rest of the Avengers as an upper-mid-level physical threat. And even if he was one of the two or three strongest Avengers, he wouldn't be overpowered as long as his villains continued to pose a threat to him.

JamieWolfe7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Like has been pointed out before, he didn't take Iron Man by himself, he had Winter Soldier's help. They are both humans scientifically advanced to as close to human perfection as you can get in terms of strength, speed, reflexes, and endurance plus their training is impressive as well.

Something else to consider, Tony Stark isn't at the top of his game right now. He's been basically PTSD since New York, that's why he's been causing so much drama and going out of his way to shirk responsibility. He makes Ultron so he doesn't have to be an Avenger anymore (his words), and he allows himself to be guilt tripped over Sokovia instead of realizing how much worse it would have been without him and his crew. He's smart enough that ordinarily he would understand the reality of triage, you save who you can and try harder next time, but the last couple Avengers movies he's been more about dwelling on how not to deal with it and how to keep from having to move on. That isn't the mindset of success.

Hungry_Sharky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor is not as powerful as a nuke. That was CLEARLY an analogy.

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No it's just time to amp the rest of the MCU as well.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Peak Human perfection include overpowering spiderman who can stop a moving car, and pull down a helicopter.

SirDrProfessor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, it's fine for Cap to be able to hang with Ironman in h2h.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No it's just time to amp the rest of the MCU as well.

Who in particular?

gokuss4z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still think Iron man should have kick his ass easily so maybe cap isn't overpowerd the rest of the characters need a boost.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I would say nay as Captain American was portrayed very close to the comics in terms of physical ability(Seriously some of you guy need to read more Captain America comics, he did absolutely nothing in that movie that he couldn't do in the comics...About the Thor and Hulk Nuke analogy..Thats really reaching..lol And it hardly qualifies as a feat..What Ross meant by that statement was something that we all already knew That the Hulk and Thor are extremely powerful especially compared to the other Avengers...But his loose statement in no way proves that they are equivalent in power to a 30 megaton nuke..Not saying they arent, just saying if you want proof look elsewhere.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I thought at first

But after watching it a couple of times i realized that no, he is not OP

First, Iron Man was injured and he was also mentally fragile

Second, he was doubled teamed by Bucky and Cap. And even with that, he managed to beat them both at some point, the only reason of why Cap got the upper hand is because Tony got distracted by Bucky when he was about to deal the final blow.

And if i'm not wrong, this Cap is more based in the Ultimate version. Ultimate Cap is stronger

A healthier Iron Man would have trashed both IMO

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SamJackson

@risingbean: Mainly the higher tiers like Drax, Thor and Hulk.

Edit: And higher tier street levelers like Luke Cage and Jessica Jones

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I think he is.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samjackson: I can dig that. I doubt we'll see Thor or Hulk getting too amped lest they make the rest of the Avengers redundant, though.

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean: Yeah that's the problem. But if characters like Luke and Jessica get amped they'll be on Hulk and Thor level.

from_beyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can he overpower Spiderman in the comic like he did in the movie?

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samjackson: I disagree. Thor and Hulk already outclass guys like Stark and Rogers. Stark and Rogers outclass JJ and Cage. If anything it would elevate the street levelers to a more solid middle tier.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BlueHope

@heroup2112 said:

@modernww2fare: No, he's at the peak of human evolution. He's at the tip top of what humans will become before we evolve into whatever our next taxonomic form will be. (I don't know how to properly say it) Maybe well be Homo sapiens Rogerus, or maybe we'll ALL be homo sapiens superior or whatever.

Point is he's beyond the current level of peak human.

I thought that was Adam Warlock.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By HeroUp2112

@from_beyond: I haven't seen the movie, but from what I've HEARD, he didn't out STRENGTH him he out maneuvered him with greater skill, and using techniques involving inertia, and counter weight type actions.

Spider Man is DEFINITELY stronger than Captain America. My understanding (from everyone I've talked to) is that Captain America used his greater experience to get the upper hand on Spider Man in the movie.

EDIT: I don't think I answered your question quite right. No he can't over power Spider Man in the comics. He probably can't outmaneuver him either In the comics Spider Man isn't a rookie like he's portrayed in the Civil War movie.

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America is overpowered , it seems every damn film he gets 10x stronger , I mean yea he is peak perfect human but his strength feats are so OD , he's not no damn Adam Warlock , he is human who seems by infinity war will be able to lift and throw a truck

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope: lol Yes that's what the "Beehive" were trying to do, they just exceeded their goal by QUITE a lot.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't say he's OP...but dat RussoForce doe

from_beyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@from_beyond: I haven't seen the movie, but from what I've HEARD, he didn't out STRENGTH him he out maneuvered him with greater skill, and using techniques involving inertia, and counter weight type actions.

Spider Man is DEFINITELY stronger than Captain America. My understanding (from everyone I've talked to) is that Captain America used his greater experience to get the upper hand on Spider Man in the movie.

EDIT: I don't think I answered your question quite right. No he can't over power Spider Man in the comics. He probably can't outmaneuver him either In the comics Spider Man isn't a rookie like he's portrayed in the Civil War movie.

I think he overpowered Spiderman in the movie, not just outmaneuver him. At one point they sort of engaged in tug of war and CA pulled Spiderman easily. But I need to re watch the movie to determine if what I am remembering was just a tug of war and CA didn't use some sort of maneuver. So you could be right.

comic_fan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kinda

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@from_beyond: I haven't seen it yet either, however I've seen it discussed on CV and the consensus seems to be that Cap used some sort of balance/inertia trick during the "tug of war" scene, and MAN I can't wait to see this movie :)

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America is definitely overpowered. He may not be as strong as his comic book counterpart but he is too close in power with Ironman. Captain America is perfect the way he is now. If they can give the other super beings a boost in power then he won't be overpowered.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

220 lb man holding down a chopper.

VERY logical.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#49 Chimeroid  Online

220 lb man holding down a chopper.

VERY logical.

Screw that. grabbing and holding a blitzing Iron Man mid flight with one hand while IM is trying to fly away...

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: He only had one thruster that was working properly