Is it ok to have one or more protagonist in your story? Should one takeover an story arc? And then the other one support

HeartlessVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By HeartlessVine

Lately I been curious about having multiple protagonist in stories. But I seen examples of it but never actually been satisfied with it. Or know how it works.

My question is that should there be one or more protagonist in a story and if so. Should one or the other take turns on leading a story arc.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By BlueHope

I like stories without a fixed protagonist, it reduces plot armor and allow the author to explore more other characters instead of only one.

But it's relevant what you want to do with your story, some stories are about a person and their problems while others focus more in their universe .

SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SeaGod

depends on how you do it. For example Gundam wing has 7 main protagonists and each do get their own unique story arcs. They each had their own spotlight at times however there was one chief main protagonist that was the obvious main one as he got the coolest moments and saved the day in the end.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been reading this manga Kamisama no itoori, It was basically a death game where teenagers have survive order to become God. The first part manly focused on on trials and main character his supporting character he wasn't really typical shounen hero I found him way more interesting there was some mystery about how God became a God. The second part deals with what if kids skipped school and the main character for that one was straight-up almost shounen hero I think did a somewhat decent job of balancing main characters

SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SeaGod

@staticdwanyemcduffie: I love that series. You should read Real Account they are similar in premise and having a different main character for part one and two.

StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seagod said:

@staticdwanyemcduffie: I love that series. You should read Real Account they are similar in premise and having a different main character for part one and two.

Akashi is so boring to me but Shun is A1 AF I LOVE SHUN

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It's fine, but I do think it's hard to manage. I feel like how a single protagonist, or at least a character with the most focus has kinda engraved itself in our minds.

It can work, it has worked...somewhat, not something a lot of people are used too.

SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seagod said:

@staticdwanyemcduffie: how far are you?

I've finished the both parts of the manga and watched the movie. What do think of Akashi and Shun?

SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seagod: what did think of supporting character? I could see Shun being God but guess what happened is kinda better

SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@staticdwanyemcduffie: I thought the supporting characters were pretty well done. Some deaths happened too soon and felt more like shock value then anything else. Though gotta say the ending was pretty similar to future diary.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can write a story any way, so long as you do it well in a way that people can follow.

StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seagod said:

@staticdwanyemcduffie: I thought the supporting characters were pretty well done. Some deaths happened too soon and felt more like shock value then anything else. Though gotta say the ending was pretty similar to future diary.

Yea, that ending Idk how felt about it like on one hand think it was kinda some BS but another think it's more interesting seeing How Akashi and Shun the rest going to survive the game now

SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@staticdwanyemcduffie: they won't survive. The whole plan is to redo everything but have Akashi win. So same people will die just Akashi becomes a god and makes some kind of plan to save the day.

StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seagod said:

@staticdwanyemcduffie: they won't survive. The whole plan is to redo everything but have Akashi win. So same people will die just Akashi becomes a god and makes some kind of plan to save the day.

Nahh Akashi will defintely not win because without Ushimitsu I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have survived the Sand Pillar game or intial game with the beans. But Shun will win for sure I believe that

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

You can write a story any way, so long as you do it well in a way that people can follow.