No Caption Provided
danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By danhimself

from what I've seen...no...he's never shown any kind feat that would put him anywhere near that level of strength

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By dernman

Heck I don't think Superman is that strong.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Magian

@danhimself said:

from what I've seen...no...he's never shown any kind feat that would put him anywhere near that level of strength

This.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By z3ro180

no he is and never will be that strong nor does he have the durability to survive a puch with that kind of strength behind it.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

To be honest, I can't even remember Goku showing strength above maybe 25 tons. I know he's trained under intense gravity, and smashes boulders apart, but it's nothing a lower level bruiser like The Thing or Luke Cage can't copy.

MrShway88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MrShway88

Goku's strength feats have really only been measured in ki attacks. There is also no mentioning of a correlation between ki attacks and physical strength. So to answer your question, it's unknown. Can't prove he is or isn't as far as I am concerned. Also when comparing anyone to Goku, it is important to mention which point in the series. From the beginning to the end of DBZ Goku's strength in all areas are vastly different in several parts in the show.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By Lvenger

Hell no. He has hardly any good strength feats that put him anywhere near Superman's level so I fail to see how people can say he can strike harder than Superman.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dondave

He cant

Skunkstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Skunkstein

Personal opinion; No, far from it.

Goku lifted 40 tons at normal base, he gets 50 times stronger each time he transforms to next level ssj, so to make some very quick maths:

40x50 = 2000 tons in ssj1

2000x50 = 100000 tons in ssj2

100000x50 = 5000000 tons in ssj3

There is no way to prove he can lift that much, maybe he could lift more... thats never explained, but again... personal opinion: Can goku benchpress the earth? Hell no!

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By evilvegeta74

Goku has never had to display that type of strength, but he can blow up any planet with relative ease. I think he feel like this when it comes to strength:

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By lightsout

@Dernman said:

This.

Supes is my favorite comic character, but when I read that part of that issue, I just had to roll my eyes.

ArticulateT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ArticulateT

From what I remember, Goku's best showing of physical strength was holding up a city in SSJ4

Raizex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Raizex

Lifting strength=/=Striking strength

Who hits harder, a powerlifter or a heavyweight UFC fighter?

Raizex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Raizex

@Skunkstein said:

Goku lifted 40 tons at normal base, he gets 50 times stronger each time he transforms to next level ssj, so to make some very quick maths:

There is no way to prove he can lift that much, maybe he could lift more... thats never explained, but again... personal opinion: Can goku benchpress the earth? Hell no!

You have to consider the fact that he was also on the Kai's planet where gravity was x10. So he was actually lifting 400 tons at base form.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By Kal'smahboi
@Dernman said:
Ha. I was gonna say that.
lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lightsout

@Raizex said:

Lifting strength=/=Striking strength

Who hits harder, a powerlifter or a heavyweight UFC fighter?

bingo. It comes down to whether we're asking who could lift & throw some heavy object (or perhaps lift to save people), or punch harder in a fight. Punching's much more dependent on strike speed (the explosiveness/acceleration of your movement). (However, since the masses of their arms would be close enough to the same (not-high), and there really isn't a speed to create the total energy released in their respective punches, they (along with any super-person) are probably channeling additional energy through their punches. Goku with his Ki and Superman w/e he may have (not sun-energy alone, he couldn't gather enough of that (in a lifetime) to get the amount needed for his feats, but that's a different tale for another thread. All hyper-strong guys should just get their energy from matter+anti-matter like Blue Marvel does, easiest way to huge amounts of it).

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#18  Edited By Teerack

I'd assume energy kai blastes Goku's pushed back had enough force to way much more then that.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheCrowbar

He has to be super strong, he's carrying the hopes and dreams of a Justice League movie on his back.

Skunkstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Skunkstein

@Raizex said:

@Skunkstein said:

You have to consider the fact that he was also on the Kai's planet where gravity was x10. So he was actually lifting 400 tons at base form.

Yes... thats a theory, but to be fair.. Kais planet was destroyed and we dont know where he was training, its only speculation that the gravity was x10. It would make sense that Kai would choose a place with a higher gravity that earth for training purposes, but again it was never stated for a fact - so i wont take that into account until its been confirmed.

monarch2016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By monarch2016

goku can't lift that much but he can hit as hard as superman

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@Skunkstein said:

@Raizex said:

@Skunkstein said:

Yes... thats a theory, but to be fair.. Kais planet was destroyed and we dont know where he was training, its only speculation that the gravity was x10. It would make sense that Kai would choose a place with a higher gravity that earth for training purposes, but again it was never stated for a fact - so i wont take that into account until its been confirmed.

They were in Other World, which has never been stated as having higher gravity.

Skunkstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Skunkstein

@jloneblackheart:

That.. Exactly.

Also back on point is... Have Goku shown strength feets comparable to the one Superman did recently?

And even if he was training in 10x gravity he would be no way near that amount of raw power.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@Skunkstein: Not that I know of. Goku did train in 100x gravity though before arriving on Namek.

Just thinking, Other World shouldn't have higher gravity. When Goku went to the check in and met King Yemma, there was no increased gravity. Nor was there any on Snake Way. Only King Kai's planet had 10x gravity and hen Goku got there he had a hard time moving (but he did have weighted clothing).

Skunkstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Skunkstein

@jloneblackheart said:

@Skunkstein: Not that I know of. Goku did train in 100x gravity though before arriving on Namek.

Just thinking, Other World shouldn't have higher gravity. When Goku went to the check in and met King Yemma, there was no increased gravity. Nor was there any on Snake Way. Only King Kai's planet had 10x gravity and hen Goku got there he had a hard time moving (but he did have weighted clothing).

Yeah, i agree.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SandMan_

DBZ was inconsistent...Goku struggle with 400 tons, yet Gohan was able to lift an jetliner. WTF???

JimTheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By JimTheSurfer

@Dernman said:

DGTachyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DGTachyon

I did calculations similar to this, without using powerlevels at all. Goku tops out at 27 billion tons possibly more, but to put it simply, No Goku can't, yet anway.

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By agent9149

Since when did powerlevels equates to physical output?

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BlackWind

DBZ characters have great striking power but their lifting strength isn't impressive.

Avatar image for thesecondopinion
TheSecondOpinion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TheSecondOpinion

Under Earth's gravity, Superman can lift over 100,000 tons. 

Under outer space gravity, Superman can lift up to 6,585,000,000,000,000,000,000 tons

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Freefa11

Honestly, that picture of Superman looks much more like he's performing curling motions with his arms, not pressing motions.

Also, why doesn't he just let go of those stupid handles?

And what the heck is that thing made of that it can exert that much pressure for that long without breaking? Does adamantium exist in the New 52? Why would someone even build something like that in the first place?

I haven't read the issue, I'm just wondering if this actually an organic feat related to the story, or if it's more of a "hey guys, look how totally awesome Superman is!" kind of feat.

But no, I don't think Goku could bench press the mass of the earth. Blow it up in base form with hardly any effort? Sure. But probably not bench it.

RedQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#35  Edited By RedQueen

@Kal'smahboi said:

@Dernman said:

...Same here. I don't really know what DC were thinking when they approved that. Sure, Superman is strong - but never that strong (maybe GA, but not in recent years).

Avatar image for 7am_waking_up_in_the_morning
7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Freefa11 said:

Honestly, that picture of Superman looks much more like he's performing curling motions with his arms, not pressing motions.

Also, why doesn't he just let go of those stupid handles?

And what the heck is that thing made of that it can exert that much pressure for that long without breaking? Does adamantium exist in the New 52? Why would someone even build something like that in the first place?

I haven't read the issue, I'm just wondering if this actually an organic feat related to the story, or if it's more of a "hey guys, look how totally awesome Superman is!" kind of feat.

But no, I don't think Goku could bench press the mass of the earth. Blow it up in base form with hardly any effort? Sure. But probably not bench it.

LMFAO! So true!!!

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By GunGunW

No.

and for the record, Superman has shown things close to that before. As time goes on, he gets stronger.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Kal'smahboi
@RedQueen said:

@Kal'smahboi said:

@Dernman said:

...Same here. I don't really know what DC were thinking when they approved that. Sure, Superman is strong - but never that strong (maybe GA, but not in recent years).

I think that's stronger than All-Star Supes, and he was supposed to be dying from being saturated with power.
RedQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#40  Edited By RedQueen

@Kal'smahboi said:

@RedQueen said:

@Kal'smahboi said:

@Dernman said:

I think that's stronger than All-Star Supes, and he was supposed to be dying from being saturated with power.

Yeah, wasn't he pushing 4 quintillion tons at the start? Pretty sure that the Earth weighs more than that.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By JakeN7

@Glitch_Spawn said:

The numbers Goku fanboys come up with are hilarious lol

Yeah, and the numbers Superman WRITERS come up with are hilarious as well.

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By gravitypress

The writers of Superman will just increase his strength accordingly to overcome any character in any form of media.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By JakeN7

@Glitch_Spawn said:

@JakeN7 said:

@Glitch_Spawn said:

The numbers Goku fanboys come up with are hilarious lol

Yeah, and the numbers Superman WRITERS come up with are hilarious as well.

Like what for example?

Umm...you could just look at the picture in the OP.

"5.972 Sextillion tons!" ROFLMAO

ArticulateT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ArticulateT

I think when it came to the whole 6 sextillion tons thing, maybe the writers were like "Is it as over the top ridiculous as Silver Age?" "Not really, it is only one planet," "then publish it."

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@JakeN7: it's still cannon, and that is all that matters. because now I have proof that Supes is stronger than Hulk and Goku.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#47  Edited By Yung ANcient One
Corny!!! 
Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#48  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

Nope

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By XLR87T3

Goku is like a pistol. His projectiles are his dominate means of power, over physical force.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c63f773eaecf
deactivated-5c63f773eaecf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku was training where other fighters were training, which leans heavily toward a normal gravity area. If it were 10x gravity, King Kai and Goku would have said 400, instead of 40. That's just how far some DBZ nutcases will go...making up stuff that even the manga disproved.