• 76 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5b9a7b52ce5df
deactivated-5b9a7b52ce5df

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Combat speed wise he could be FTL but not traveling speed wise.

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Combat speed wise he could be FTL but not traveling speed wise.

IT is faster than light

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

He could be, honestly.

But he's not like zextillion times MFTL++++++ 'cause wanky scaling and fan-calcs.

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He could be, honestly.

But he's not like zextillion times MFTL++++++ 'cause wanky scaling and fan-calcs.

True

DottiestMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With instant transmission, possibly.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skrskr said:

@itouchedtheboat: except he uses the same flight he used to reach the planet I couldn't scale his punches or kicks to this but direct flight yes, and in regards to the gotenks flying around earth in the manga it is only one panel.

I would agree with everything you're saying because it makes a lot of sense on it's own. However it gets blown out of proportion when we see that Humans like Bulma, Krillen, etc. said they were trying hard to keep up with their fighting, which only shows Beerus was moving around at speeds where humans could almost barely keep up with his movements.

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itouchedtheboat: He was heavily suppresed and not trying. Dont base this off of one statement. And was this in Dragon ball Super?

ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itouchedtheboat: He was heavily suppresed and not trying. Dont base this off of one statement. And was this in Dragon ball Super?

yeah DBS, Beerus was never in DBZ lol. And that's exactly my point, Beerus was suppressing his powers during his fight.

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Gaoron

Goku hit LS in early Namek in terms of combat speed, in terms of travel its hard to tell as he started using IT after Namek and his best travel feat is traveling across Namek near instantly. We dont know Namek size but i have seen calcs that puts Namek at atleast 2 times size of Earth so his travel speed should be around relativistic in Namek Saga. Currently its hard to gauge his speed, he has a feat that should put him at trillions range but its iffy.

Avatar image for arranvidreturns
ArranVidReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think he is faster than light but I could be wrong

His instant transmission makes him very fast though

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Hey Whis.

Goku needs a ride again.He is too slow to reach back to earth on his own.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensor: Your post doesnt make sense. Goku uses IT to travel and cannot survive in space to fly in it.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By MetalJimmor

@gaoron:

It doesn't seem likely he hit light speed in the Namek Saga because people were consistently getting tagged by the Solar Flare technique well into the Cell Saga, which is the only light based attack we have to scale from.

For me the speed progression seemed to go

Dragonball: High Supersonic, Saiyan Saga: Low Hypersonic, Frieza Saga: high hypersonic, Cell Saga: Massively Hypersonic, Buu Saga: Relativistic, Super: Faster than light.

That's just how I see the progression, anyway. With Shonen characters determining the speed is always more of a guessing game than anything.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@gaoron: Nonsense. Goku was in space numerous time so were many other Sayians.

JarlBallin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nah

Skrskr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itouchedtheboat: this was adressed in the tournament though, Bulma only sees them when they stop and talk everyone else uses ki senses like when jaco noticed frost cheating, they asked why his eyes were so good and he responded with, my eyes? Showing that he can't see them just follow their energies.

And they have to have a little pis

ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skrskr said:

@itouchedtheboat: this was adressed in the tournament though, Bulma only sees them when they stop and talk everyone else uses ki senses like when jaco noticed frost cheating, they asked why his eyes were so good and he responded with, my eyes? Showing that he can't see them just follow their energies.

I must've missed that lol, nvm then hahaha

Avatar image for deactivated-5985fc66e80f9
deactivated-5985fc66e80f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably

Marc_55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not until Super, and even then...

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensor: Only in Z fillers, in both manga and anime canon Goku cant survive in space as he needs oxygen to breathe.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

You are probably talking about when Vegeta destroyed a planet from his pod and when he fly from planet to planet (FTL feat btw lol). Both are Z fillers and do not appear in both manga and Kai/Super.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaoron:

It doesn't seem likely he hit light speed in the Namek Saga because people were consistently getting tagged by the Solar Flare technique well into the Cell Saga, which is the only light based attack we have to scale from.

Solar Flare was used correctly only in DB and maybe against Vegeta in saiyan saga. After that it became a plot move that enable someone to run away, charge attack or do something that will run the plot. Even currently Black and Zamasu got blinded by it even through you say in super they are light speed. Atleast in anime they give some kind of explanation when Cell used Sun as a distraction but its still doesnt make sense.

For me the speed progression seemed to go

Dragonball: High Supersonic, Saiyan Saga: Low Hypersonic, Frieza Saga: high hypersonic, Cell Saga: Massively Hypersonic, Buu Saga: Relativistic, Super: Faster than light.

I think they are in MSH+ range in DB, relativistic in Saiyan Saga and light speed in Namek etc.

That's just how I see the progression, anyway. With Shonen characters determining the speed is always more of a guessing game than anything.

Not only in shounen, in comics too. There is tons of people claiming 52 Superman and Supergirl are light speed in combat cause they tagged jobbing Flash, when they constantly got tagged by characters with supersonic/hypersonic speeds. In the end it all comes down to how well you know the franchise and how you look at the character.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not anymore. He also can be hurt by a bullet

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By MetalJimmor

@gaoron:

You can't just write off every use of of the ONLY confirmed light based attack in the series as a plot device just because you don't like the implications. It's a move that consistently works and everything we know about it suggests it's just a flash of light, which should be easily avoidable to anyone Cell Saga and up if they reached light speed in the Namek Saga.

To be honest, Super seems to be weird about how strong the characters are. Goku was taken out by a laser weapon and bruised by a bullet. The bullet is especially jarring since bullets just stung his child self and didn't leave a lasting mark.

As for comics, I'd say they are at least easier to figure out how fast the characters SHOULD be. There's a heaping helping of inconsistency involved, but the comics give us actual numbers to work with like time frames, distances, and sometimes the actual mach number. Shonen does none of this, which is why it's so hard to pin down how fast they are moving at any given instance.

Of course that's only an issue for us Battle Forum nerds. Everyone else just enjoys the pretty pictures and cool dialogue. lol